Thread: How my first week went

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Question How my first week went

Iíd like to document my experience for anyone with the same bottomless curiosity that I have. About two weeks ago I made the jump into stripping, and my first day was a mess. Among other letdowns, my hair caught on fire while I was giving a lap dance. Shit like that would only happen to me, I swear. Shortly after, I auditioned at and to my surprise, was hired at an upscale gown club that was named #1 club in the country this year. When I say to my surprise, I mean it in every way. For one, I am totally inexperienced and two, Iím the only black girl there. The DJ played awkward house/techno music that I found very difficult to dance to. The other dancers and my hiring manager stared at me with expressions I couldnít read due to the deceiving lighting and their lack of proximity to the stage. I did my best though and was hired immediately. I filled out a book of paperwork and stayed the rest of the night.

Iíve since worked five nights there, and each night has ended with seemingly meager profit for the outpour of effort and energy I have to give every interaction I have with a patron. I havenít left with more than $400 yet, and the least Iíve left with is about $150. I think itís fair to say Iíve averaged about $200 a night in my first week. Thatís not cutting it for me, Iíd much rather be averaging $700-$800 nightly in order to feel like this is worth the physical toll itís taken on my body. I think the universe has humbled me with the realization that this is not something that will bring me to my $100k goal without monumental effort and cutthroat strategy. I have so much to learn. So much. There is nothing easy about this profession if your goal is to be outrageously successful in it. In order to make money, you have to work your fucking ass off, point blank. Iím not saying I ever thought this was going to be a cake walk, but I really undermined how taxing it truly is. Everyone in the club wants something from you. Everyone. And no one cares about how you feel or how youíre doing, not even who you are, as long as youíre making money for them or making their erection last. I cannot wait to start really making bank so I can see something tangible grow from this new path Iíve decided on.

A few things Iíve learned so far:

- Tipout is a fucking bitch. I donít mind tipping the people in the club who have helped me, as a server before I stared dancing, I tend to overtip whenever I go out or get deliveries. I love to bless people who have went the extra mile for me. But itís like, everyone there expects one for just doing their jobs. Iím not sure why I need to tip a housemom, when sheís done nothing for me. We have this one who is so greedy itís scary. I do not like one of our DJs, he never gets me right on stage and afterward, he runs me down to give him money and I have to tip him a minimum of $10. It is so tacky and annoying. The floor hosts who walk me out and pay extra attention to the guys when Iím giving dances, deserve it. The DJs who do their best to cater to my heritage and background deserve it. The managers who point me toward guys with money deserve it. Iím probably sour because I havenít made that much yet and tipping out cuts so deep into what I did make. Maybe when I start making more I wonít mind it as much.

- You donít have to allow a customer to touch you anywhere you donít want them to. When giving lap dances, I was allowing customers to touch my breasts, and ass, thinking it was what I was supposed to do. Iíve had two that I can remember off the top of my head who repeatedly tried to lick my breasts after I asked them not to or coyly pushed their heads back, do so successfully :-((( I felt so fucking nasty. Some of them kiss and bury their faces in my ass which I not only find gross because of how much I sweat and get dirty throughout the day, but just rude. For Christís sake the dance is $25, what makes them think that is appropriate? I was talking to another dancer who told me she never lets them touch her breasts, and that if thatís my boundary, I can walk out and not continue the dance. Which leads me to tell my my timid self to demand payment upfront for each dance so that Iím not bearing treatment Iím not comfortable with.

- Approaching people who are sitting along the rail when youíre on stage is a sure-fire way to get them tipping. At first I wouldnít leave the pole, but it seems people really like for the stripper to interact with them. This has made a huge difference in my nightly takehome. Being coy and friendly can almost peer-pressure people who werenít intending on tipping you to do so. This is also a reason to get better at floor work. The crowd is pretty easy to impress when youíre just shaking ass and touching yourself in close proximity to them.

I am working on having better stage presence and I need to start selling champagne rooms. Jesus, the lapdance hustle is not for me. My legs start to give out the better of a dance Iím giving, and I honestly feel the customers donít deserve such intensity from me for a measly $25, $5 of which I have to give the house. I enjoy being on stage and I enjoy sitting and chatting, so Iím trying to perfect those two so I donít have to give tons of dances to make money. My club is a gown club, which I really like. There is definitely a more laid back clientele that it attracts and I think the dress code has a little something to do with it. My managers and our floor hosts are awesome. Sweet and protective and not too bad to look at. Very pleasant to work with. We have great food, which reminds me I need to make sure Iím eating throughout the day because lately I havenít been eating much. There is potential but I have to remain vigilant to get the money I want. Ideally I can establish a handful of dependable low-maintenance regulars that I can champagne room with all night.

I go in at 2pm today and Iím going to try to stay until 5am, so Iíll end this post here. Iím gonna go pick up chick-fil-a breakfast minis and come back home to smoke a spliff and relax a little before I head to work. ​

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Badgyaljuicy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Default Re: How my first week went

2pm- 5am ? Is your shift wth

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

It’s 2-10 and 10-5 but for right now I’m doing doubles just to try to get the experience faster and to earn more money

Thanks

Where are you located? My club the dances are $20 and you have to give half that to the house. :-/ I'm like damn I want a whole $20 for my dances. Also gown club sounds cool, they don't have those in my area.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Hey honey! I’m in west palm beach. Where are you? I hate that you have to give so much to the house :-/

Thanks

Ooh that sounds nice! I love Florida. I'm in Los Angeles. Love the city but apparently it's like the worst place to strip!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Damn :-( I would think LA is where all the money is!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

I’m so glad your getting more comfortable and confident with working and kept at it. I’m still trying to build that up for myself, right now I’m dealing with timing, every time I show up to a new club the manager has too much girls and I can’t get to audition. I just quit one of my vanilla jobs so I’ll have more time in the day to go early and get an audition; And I love your work ethic.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Thank you so much! I feel you about timing, it is apparently slow season by what everyone is telling me. They said that this is the very worst time of the year to start dancing. So it’s probably for the best. Right now, at my club, it is painfully slow. I can’t wait for October to come so the snowbirds can start rolling in. I hope you’re excited about quitting your day job :-) did you try Scarlett’s?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

I am absolutely hated working there. I went to some clubs in pompano boobytrap cheetas and gold finger in Lauderhill all said the same thing. I need money so I’m gonna go to playhouse day shift this weekend and try to go back to booby trap on a Monday to see if I can get an audition. I just hate that clubs don’t give any info over phone.

Thanks

You’re very resilient I respect it! It’s a slow season all over the state right now but as soon as it picks up I can see you being a top earner!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelyblossom View Post
    I am absolutely hated working there. I went to some clubs in pompano boobytrap cheetas and gold finger in Lauderhill all said the same thing. I need money so I’m gonna go to playhouse day shift this weekend and try to go back to booby trap on a Monday to see if I can get an audition. I just hate that clubs don’t give any info over phone.
    I think the thing is the later in the shift you go the harder it will be to work. It’s wsy easier to get an audition 30 minutes to an hour of when a shift starts rather than 2 or 3. Best weekday for BT are tuesday’s so if you can go on that day just call and ask when the shift starts.

Thanks

I saw you mention you're in west palm. I live in westpalm too close to cityplace. I'm always looking to make new friends to hangout with. I've been dancing for 7 years and have always been a top earner. Message me if you'd like a friend to work with. I could probably give you pointers to earn more.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NakedNicole For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

I greatly appreciate the positivity. Thank you so much. Let’s hope! Because at this point, I feel like I must be the worst hustler to ever exist. It’s so discouraging! & my feet and Achilles heel are killlllling me :-( I’m going in today again, I didn’t make shit yesterday

Thanks
    Thanked 15,572 Times in 5,063 Posts

Awesome post! You clearly have what it takes to go far in this industry!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Which club are you working in? I hear West palm is where the riches are.