Thread: HELP! banned from Streamate? D:

Curious Guest
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy

Default HELP! banned from Streamate? D:

Hey y'all im having a really hard time, i went back to camming after a long hiatus thanks to the FCP situation, contacted streamate to ask a question about ratings and got this reply back...

Hello,

This performer account with Streamate has been closed permanently.

The reason for this is due to site policy violation and /or participation in fraudulent/failure to report fraudulent activity. We take this very seriously and this behavior is unacceptable. As such, you are not able to have any accounts with us going forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

Streamate Performer Support
    [email protected]

I dont know what have i done wrong! i can still access my account and stream, also havent received any message in the mail linked to my account/or the account per se (i put my work mail for the ticket by accident) im so confussed! also, what the hell is fraudulent activity? i wasnt involved in any fraud that i know of D: a guy told me that he add me on skype and found it thru another site but i told him that i wasnt able to talk about that cos its against the rules, and another one sent me his email... but i didnt contact him! cant control what other people say in my room... may that have been the reason? i dont know im desesperate, just trying to understand, this is my only income.

A guy told me "roleplay: how much will it take to sleep with you irl?" and i told him, k this is a roleplay right? dont wanna get my ass banned how cute are you? or some random shit like that and then kept the show going in another direction, may that have been the reason? i dont know sounds pretty unfair! i dont even tell the true about where i live! D:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,161 Times in 311 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Default Re: HELP! banned from Streamate? D:

It means some people did fraud with cards and spent those $$ on you. You never reported any suspicious activity (big tips, multiple accounts from the same user or anything related), so they believe you are involved also.

While I'm sure a lot of people do fraud with a bunch of models, it must of been a big amount to put you on the radar. They probably tracked your earnings also, maybe they saw big differences between what you normally average and what you averaged with "fraud".
    Msg Liz to clear things out.

If they give your account back, msg support about anything suspicious, it never hurts. Users won't know and SM will see you have good intentions. I try to always report new people with big spendings (who don't give me c2c, a hacker won't ever show his face) or same pattern of show (if is something specific). Usually, support let's me know if the user is legit and I should take further shows or if they will investigate.

Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to euro_princess For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Crappy

Omg, thank you so much for answering that cleared things up a little, i never had an user coming back with multiple accounts at least that i know of, i did had a new user spending quite some $$ on me but havent been around for months and it wasnt such a large quantity either... didnt seem suspicious, i contacted Liz, hope she can explain this to me further, the odd thing is that i can access my account and even stream from it? i dont know if this is normal... maybe they made a mistake?

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,161 Times in 311 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Well, if he spent a lot of money multiple times from the same account, you should be fine. But if he used different accounts, that's a red flag.
    Usually, hackers spend the limit and then they create another account. Raising limits on SM requires some "history" and sometimes even an ID, so they don't have this option.

Otherwise, I encourage you to report anything outside the box.

I've heard of mistakes, so I wouldn't be surprised, that's why it's best to talk with somebody competent (as Liz). I don't know more about the block process, so can't help with that. Sorry.

Thanks

I would highly, HIGHLY suggest split camming/ going to other sites and making other accounts as well. It will keep you busier, help you make more money, and when shit like this happens you'll always have a backup. Never rely on one site for income, no matter what. Always have another egg in the basket.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,286 Times in 1,281 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

If you can still access your account and stream then you havent been blocked. Perhaps this message was sent by mistake. One of the support monkeys cut and copied the wrong automated response to your question about ratings.

Let us know what Liz says and just keep streaming in the meantime. Im sure that is all that has happened.