Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EMERGENCY!!! How to work when experiencing EXTREME BURNOUT? [PLEASE HELP]

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,470 Times in 829 Posts
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Blog Entries

Default Re: EMERGENCY!!! How to work when experiencing EXTREME BURNOUT? [PLEASE HELP]

Fellow burned out stripper. I’m focusing on self care. I think of working as financial self care. Reframing work as a type of self care helps too.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: EMERGENCY!!! How to work when experiencing EXTREME BURNOUT? [PLEASE HELP]

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyeve View Post
    Hello girls! I have been reading this forum for a while but never made an account until now. I'm from Europe so I'm not speaking perfectly english, I've been a camgirl since I was 18, now I am 24. I've had good and bad times, best times were when I made more then 10k per month and my worst times...well I guess they are happening now. Since the summer this year my desire to cam dropped...I'm getting super bored with camming and practically in the last 2 months I've been living off my savings because I log on cam, I stay 10-60 minutes, get bored and log off. But this topic insipired me and I am willing to make a change! I'll keep following it for motivation and from tomorrow I will try applying what you girls wrote on it! I really need the money, camming is the only thing i did ever, the only job I have! I'm passing through a rough period now but I'm hopeful I will get through it
    hello, everything will turn out well, think you already knew how to make it work and earn good money month after month. Maybe something you could try is to use a new camera site or put more eggs in your basket xoxo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to charlott For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm officially back to work and its been a little hit and miss but mostly hits...
    I'm getting my confident back and today was basically awesome. I just need to work on getting on cam...if i can get to grips
    with it...i can really up my earnings.

I'm thinking maybe camming on NF to see if that takes away the anxiety of free chat on SM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to naughtybustyteen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,451 Times in 726 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I was at my wits end after dancing for 6 years. I did bartending and waitressing for two years while studying and my first dancing and camming shifts were great coz I felt so refreshed plus really welcomed and appreciated the money flow n hustle after working for shitty hourly rates and lousy tips
    FUCK YEAH finally retired after 6 years dancing!!
    NEW to camming
    Use the discount code "DANCER" to get 15% off ALL mermaid bikinis & swimwear at

Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 473 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I get burned out too and I think it's best to take as much time off as you can possibly afford until you feel better. Feeling shit on cam affects your earnings and makes you feel even worse. It's not worth it. I read a lot of girls on this forum saying they feel burnt out and miserable and that they also don't leave their house really or do anything... which I think is a huge part of the problem; you need to have something in your life which is a significant departure from your work, so there's an element of contrast. Find something you think is really fun to do and do it, make sure to go and see your friends if you like that, take a walk in the woods if you want to, make a painting, read a book, whatever. Vegging out online or watching TV shows doesn't count IMO, it's too passive and too similar to the experience of, well, sitting in front of a dead camroom. I really think maintaining your overall mental health IN YOUR WHOLE LIFE is the best thing you can do for your longevity as a camgirl. I don't know what your situation is specifically so I'm sorry if this doesn't apply but that's my general advice. You need to be stimulated and happy so you can put that stimulation back into your work.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sovereignv For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,990 Times in 5,672 Posts
    My Mood
    Cold

Quote Originally Posted by sovereignv View Post
    I get burned out too and I think it's best to take as much time off as you can possibly afford until you feel better. Feeling shit on cam affects your earnings and makes you feel even worse. It's not worth it. I read a lot of girls on this forum saying they feel burnt out and miserable and that they also don't leave their house really or do anything... which I think is a huge part of the problem; you need to have something in your life which is a significant departure from your work, so there's an element of contrast. Find something you think is really fun to do and do it, make sure to go and see your friends if you like that, take a walk in the woods if you want to, make a painting, read a book, whatever. Vegging out online or watching TV shows doesn't count IMO, it's too passive and too similar to the experience of, well, sitting in front of a dead camroom. I really think maintaining your overall mental health IN YOUR WHOLE LIFE is the best thing you can do for your longevity as a camgirl. I don't know what your situation is specifically so I'm sorry if this doesn't apply but that's my general advice. You need to be stimulated and happy so you can put that stimulation back into your work.
    This. So much this.
    I now live where it's too hot to be outside, or go anywhere for 5 months. Most people are gone, so there's nobody to even hang out with.
    I thought I could handle it, by camming more, and just watch movies or surf the web.
    Talk about burnout, and depression. OMG!
    Never again!
    Sunday was the first day cool enough to go out since April 28th.
    Jesus, I feel so free!
    I've been doing social things yet still get my camming in.
    Today I'm going to a travel seminar.
    Do I care about traveling? Nope. I've been everywhere.
    But, it will be fun to get out and meet some people that do.
    Isolation is the devil's playground, I swear.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've been listening to motivational vids and they are so good to keep me positive, but...

I finally admitted to myself that my weight is making me uncomfortable with the whole live camming thing.
    I am on a weight loss journey and I am doing well so far, but it sucks that I can't get on cam for more than a few hours every
    few months.

Hopefully things will feel easier after I'm down a few pounds, but I feel like my lack of patience (something i don't have in general)
    is also gonna harm me in camming, so whats the pont of losing the weight and still not having the patience to sit through cam???

How do you ladies deal with lack of confidence when its slow....to be honest, I don't think
    I've ever had a good day camming (maybe one day in 2014! ) but it something that plays on my mind that I should do and I can't
    seem to let it go.

I have a plan to lose 200lbs in 15 months, its ambitious but doable and I want to make the most of it,
    by earn some money for any post weight loss surgery that I might need.

Were any of you ladies uncomfortable with camming at first and how did you get over it in the end?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to naughtybustyteen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,439 Times in 874 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by itsnightlight View Post
    You need to switch your perception of mind from these broke ass cunts to the name of the game: the money. When you dirty talking and asking that dude to stroke his dick? Imagine you're telling that wallet to stroke the money out of it. When you try to orgasm, you orgasm to the thought of you swimming in cash. Imagine those dollars being the creepy ones moaning and groaning on the phone. It's the sound of money being put from their wallets in your bank account. Money money money... it feels disgusting and you burn out from sex work because quite frankly, these men ARE disgusting and thats why it's so easy for a woman to become 'dead in the eyes'. At least that's how I've been feeling these past couple weeks. I would love a real job but then I realize I won't be able to model, party, make more money, and do all the stuff I can do now despite these slow periods. So I drain as many cheap cunts as I can and reward my faithful, good spending regulars with love of abundance.

Make goals. "3 more phone calls and I have a break with a bag of chips!" Go get some snacks/ cigars/ your little addictions from the store. Keep it moving. Keep thinking about that money. If you're concerned about your weight reward yourself with fruits, yogurts, nuts, hummus, whatever makes you feel healthier. Even walks outside once in a while. Don't forget to take eyes off screen for a little bit but work as many hours as you can on phone... and maybe also on cam.

Which brings me to my next point. If I were you, I'd give camming another shot. I literally look like a pile of shit and yet I sit on the cam and do flashes and little chats here and there and I still make money. Try different sites if you need to and use up all the *new membership* periods to maximize your profit. If you decide you don't like it, get paid out by the cam companies and move onto it. If you're worried about haters, change it so only those who tip can talk to you and keep doing your phone calls. Even some money is good money

If you can figure out how to slow/ change voice on video, you can actually record your sexy phone sex calls with customers and sell those as clips instead.

At the end of the day, it's all in a frame of mind. Switch the frame of it and things will feel just a little bit better. Until you can make enough to get everything paid off and get another job doing something you like. Whatever you want.

Hope all goes better for you.
    I cannot thank you enough for your response. I know you're responding to the OP, but this helped me SO much! I've been so burned out lately. All I keep thinking is that EVERY guy wants a free show. It's super frustrating anymore. So, thank you.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BadBitch For This Useful Post:

Thanks

just bumping the post again for anyone who needs the reassurance during burnout

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naughtybustyteen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,338 Times in 4,217 Posts
    My Mood
    Crappy

Quote Originally Posted by naughtybustyteen View Post
    I've been listening to motivational vids and they are so good to keep me positive, but...

I finally admitted to myself that my weight is making me uncomfortable with the whole live camming thing.
    I am on a weight loss journey and I am doing well so far, but it sucks that I can't get on cam for more than a few hours every
    few months.

Hopefully things will feel easier after I'm down a few pounds, but I feel like my lack of patience (something i don't have in general)
    is also gonna harm me in camming, so whats the pont of losing the weight and still not having the patience to sit through cam???

How do you ladies deal with lack of confidence when its slow....to be honest, I don't think
    I've ever had a good day camming (maybe one day in 2014! ) but it something that plays on my mind that I should do and I can't
    seem to let it go.

I have a plan to lose 200lbs in 15 months, its ambitious but doable and I want to make the most of it,
    by earn some money for any post weight loss surgery that I might need.

Were any of you ladies uncomfortable with camming at first and how did you get over it in the end?
    I simply log on and play the role which has nada to do with my confidence. Gotta disassociate your emotions from this job.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kortneykay For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I understand burnout very well. And my depression is absolutely debilitating and I have a very finite amount of energy. I still spend days in bed sometimes, but eventually I know if I keep it up I will be broke and evicted and it's WAY better to be depressed but with a roof over yr head and with money and nice food to eat than to be depressed, homeless and hungry. That's a hole that's much harder to dig out of. If panic sets in hard enough I'm not even thinking about how depressed I am, I'm too busy focusing on making goal. Though I don't recommend getting to that point. I just tell myself this is something I have to do because I'm an adult and that I'm grateful I have this job because I can work at my own pace, make a bunch of money and if I do start to burn out or have a rough go, I have savings so I CAN deke out and take a break if I need to. Also raising my rates and being very firm in my boundaries with men has been very helpful in keeping me enjoying this job.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to StellaPurr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 473 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I gotta say sometimes the idea of logging on gets really overwhelming and that's why we end up putting it off. I find it's important for my work to make sure to log on occassionally just to remind myself that it's not impossible, even if it's only to 30 minutes to an hour, with no pressure to really make money.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sovereignv For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I agree with sex work burnout, however it no different then burnout from any "traditional" job. We do have the advantage of working when we like, for as long as we like. I would say hustle now, make enough each month to pay your bills. Take a few days off during the week, to recharge.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to LaraLee For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12