Thread: Upload speed? Camming from the Amazon Jungle

Thanks

Thumbs up Upload speed? Camming from the Amazon Jungle

Hi wonderful ladies. I did a few searches and found that one user on here recommended an upload speed of 5 Mbps to be able to cam properly.

I've been testing my upload speed at I'm getting an average of 264 Kbps, considerably lower.

Can't get another service provider I run off a 24 m internet tower in the middle of the Peruvian Amazon.

I stripped for years in the UK and I'm looking for new ways of making money while I'm here in Peru.

Let me know your recommendations for minimum speed, I might be able to find a hotel here with better speed & work odd nights.

Thank you!!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,246 Times in 1,644 Posts

Default Re: Upload speed? Camming from the Amazon Jungle

You might do better filming clips for your followers or just clips in general and letting them upload at their own pace.

I can't think of literally anything you can do so far as live streaming at those speeds. Even a low-resolution Skype conversation would be near impossible.

"Daily pay ALL the things!"
    [email protected] - Skype: BoleynModels - "If you haven't heard a rumor by 10am, start one."

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

This might be a dumb question but do you have hotspot available on your phone? You could try that it if you do it might be a little bit faster. I used to cam with a 650 kbps upload speed on my phones hotspot and I did fine just using the HD option inside SMs browser instead of any encoders. Not sure what site you are on. Sometimes it did even drop down to those speeds when I was nearing the end of my data for the month, and it did cut out my connection a few times. It definitely took a lot longer to make money, but its possible!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

SM's "my ranking" report under the upload speed says the "Best Score" is 750 kbps or above so if theres a way you can get close to that maybe at a different hotel or a mobile hotspot I don't think you'll have too many issues. My upload speed currently sits around 1.9 and I haven't had a problem with my connection so you definitely don't NEED a 5 mbps + to still be successful! You will probably only be able to stream one site at a time though. I can see 5 mbps when split camming.

Thanks

Any type of broadcasting ideal point is 5mpbs but depending on settings and technical things like encoders and shit im not gping to pretend i know about you can get by with 1-2 but you will drop frames and the viewers will notice laganything above 2.5 is enough for me i livestream from a mobile app that doesnt allow any changes to the settings.
    Im trying to find a solution to the same issue bc my isp has slowed our upload speed to unusable levels but i have no other options but to stay with them. Hotspot plans are expensive and depend on cell towers so ive been affraid of them being unstable or fluncuating too much.