Thread: Returning to the game

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Default Returning to the game

Hi, I have been lurking for a bit and finally decided to make an account here. There is such a wealth of info and support, I wish I had had this resource when I started dancing 10years ago!

I danced for five years in DC before settling into a full time straight job, recently moved to central Florida and thinking of going back to dancing part time.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jalena For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 828 Posts
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Returning to the game

Hi. Welcome

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 377 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine
    Blog Entries

All I can say is if you're thinking about going back to dancing...DO IT! I went back part-time after a 6-year break and I'm sooo glad I did. Welcome back to the dark side (literally bc night shifts + windowless clubs).

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Winged Dinghy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Dinghy View Post
    All I can say is if you're thinking about going back to dancing...DO IT! I went back part-time after a 6-year break and I'm sooo glad I did. Welcome back to the dark side (literally bc night shifts + windowless clubs).
    Thanks! I have been out of dancing for about five years now and feeling rather anxious about going back. I have some fond memories of the 'dark side' lol but, I feel like I have a lot of rust to shake off, and I've read/heard FL is a tough state to make money as a clean dancer.

Thanks

Welcome back to the game. The game doesn't change much just some of the faces. If you are experienced then you will be able to get back in pretty easily. I took a 2 year break and it was pretty easy to get back into it. I'm still in it, just no longer dancing.
    I put in my years as a dancer. Now I run my own entertainment company.

We are always looking for new male and female talent apply here.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scincityent For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,636 Times in 8,098 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I always get encouraged by these threads, then I remember my age, lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,672 Times in 2,524 Posts

If you want to go back to dancing just do it. Sure, there's a lot more competition now with the changes from Fosta-Sesta and the bp girls flocking to the clubs but many of us are still surviving and thriving. It is possible to be a clean dancer. Stick to your boundaries and you'll be fine. Good luck!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ME TOO!!!! I danced for 12 years. I'm in a new state (Midwest from Southern AZ) and I am looking on here for clubs. I've been lurking all week. LOL! Congrats to You! I hope you feel comfortable wherever you end up, and make good money!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allthatglitters For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

^^^^ Thanks love, you too!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jalena For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Our stories regarding dancing are so similar ^^ I'm in the UK, and from what I understand, the clubs are quite different here to in the US. I wish you all the best! I am on the list for my chosen club, as they are a very popular choice at the mo. So in the mean time I'm just getting myself physically & mentally ready for it, & I'm anxious but excited!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jezebelle-red For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post
    I remember a newspaper story about an 80 year old dancer in Nevada, a few years back.

Let's see:

http://www.today.com/id/25640691/ns/...oes-it-classy/

for an extreme case!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Clara_M For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post
    I am 37. I am returning to dancing. I totally feel you!!! I’m nervous as Hell! But they are right. If you look good, and you feel good, who cares how old you are. Make them dollars!!! I have danced since 2002. Stopped in 2013, and am going back in 2018.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to allthatglitters For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
    I am 37. I am returning to dancing. I totally feel you!!! I’m nervous as Hell! But they are right. If you look good, and you feel good, who cares how old you are. Make them dollars!!! I have danced since 2002. Stopped in 2013, and am going back in 2018.
    That’s really playing my doubts. I’m 28, I do stripping and go-go dancing part-time (5 years for the former, 10 for the latter), and I’ve been thinking about hanging it up. But I keep worrying - and this thread has only made it worse - that I’m not going to be content if I do that. My day job gets me by just fine, so it’s not really about the money - not that I mind it, of course. It goes back to the reason I started stripping in the first place, though it’s a bit of a long story and I don’t want to hijack someone else’s thread with it.
    Anyhow, I think it’s awesome that you’re getting back into it. Being one of the older dancers where I work makes me conscious about my age, but this is a little reassuring.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AChildOfBoredom View Post
    That’s really playing my doubts. I’m 28, I do stripping and go-go dancing part-time (5 years for the former, 10 for the latter), and I’ve been thinking about hanging it up. But I keep worrying - and this thread has only made it worse - that I’m not going to be content if I do that. My day job gets me by just fine, so it’s not really about the money - not that I mind it, of course. It goes back to the reason I started stripping in the first place, though it’s a bit of a long story and I don’t want to hijack someone else’s thread with it.
    Anyhow, I think it’s awesome that you’re getting back into it. Being one of the older dancers where I work makes me conscious about my age, but this is a little reassuring.
    Girl, please post whatever you want to say. Hijack away. What has made your worries worse? I am worried about going back and being one of the oldest dancers. I am very conscious about my age. I wasn’t in AZ, but I am here in MI. In AZ, the girls vary. 19-50, and it’s not rare. There are women of every age, race, size, shape, and hair color where I come from. But here, it scares me. Idk why. I am going back for the money and the fact that i absolutely do LOVE to dance! I’m great on stage! It’s my favorite thing to do. Honestly, I really need the money. Even if I didn’t, I think I would still go back.
    So, what are your fears and worries?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to allthatglitters For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
    Girl, please post whatever you want to say. Hijack away. What has made your worries worse? I am worried about going back and being one of the oldest dancers. I am very conscious about my age. I wasn’t in AZ, but I am here in MI. In AZ, the girls vary. 19-50, and it’s not rare. There are women of every age, race, size, shape, and hair color where I come from. But here, it scares me. Idk why. I am going back for the money and the fact that i absolutely do LOVE to dance! I’m great on stage! It’s my favorite thing to do. Honestly, I really need the money. Even if I didn’t, I think I would still go back.
    So, what are your fears and worries?
    I have plenty to say, I'm just not willing to hijack anyone else's thread in order to say them.
    Anyhow, it's not a matter of fears and worries. What I doubt if I'll be able to just walk away, and I've found reassurance in this thread - people older than me are doing it, and not letting age hold them back. So maybe I need to quit being a worry wart about it.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

double post
    Last edited by Jalena; 10-17-2018 at 09:04 AM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Jalena For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AChildOfBoredom View Post
    I have plenty to say, I'm just not willing to hijack anyone else's thread in order to say them.
    Anyhow, it's not a matter of fears and worries. What I doubt if I'll be able to just walk away, and I've found reassurance in this thread - people older than me are doing it, and not letting age hold them back. So maybe I need to quit being a worry wart about it.

I was going to say, but allthatglitters beat me to it -- go ahead! We can make this a more general thread about leaving/coming back to dancing.

I've been putting off starting again, partly because I was chasing a few leads for straight jobs. My latest one, though ... it turns out they made the decision that I was out of the running before I even sat down for the interview. I didn't getthe job, and when I asked why/asked for feedback going forward, I was told 'Your questionable work history leads us to believe that your values don't align with those of our company'. It was a background-checking job so I didn't bother hiding dancing, they would have found it anyway and I would have gotten the boot for lying. Figured I had nothing to lose by admitting it.

Now it's just a matter of finding my confidence again, as well as a decent, clean club to work. I am going stripper shoe shopping this week and my knees already ache. But seeing older dancers on here, and having seen several in the clubs that aren't just there because they are trapped and have no other options, is encouraging.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Jalena For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Thanks, but Iím not even sure where to begin. It was a pretty wild ride which led me here, and the key elements include my upbringing and decision to leave that life, my first two roommates, a very near-death experience, and some other people in my life. It would be a pretty long read, and I doubt most would care to. Plus, I donít really feel it fits in to the topic at hand. Maybe if thereís a thread about how/why we started stripping, Iíll post it there.
    About a year ago, I was going to hang it up. I have a straight job Iím doing alright with, but between some incentives offered for me to stay and that I simply enjoy what I do, I had a change of heart about it. There were a couple awkward encounters with customers who recognized me outside of and a decent distance away from the club (one of which was especially hilarious after the fact), but that doesnít really sway how I feel about it.
    Relevant to the discussion, we had someone a couple weeks ago start back up whoíd been out of it for I think four years. From what I saw, it doesnít seem like she missed a beat. Even if she says sheís not at 100% her first night getting back into it, she doesnít seem to have forgotten anything.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post: