Thread: Waitress at a strip club, dancing for the first time this week

Thanks

Crossfingers Waitress at a strip club, dancing for the first time this week

I became interested in dancing after visiting a strip club for the first time about 3 months ago. I was mostly intrigued by the athletic aspect (pole tricks) since I've done gymnastics and circus before. I ended up doing a lot of research and went to a nearby club to apply, but chickened out and decided to start as a waitress instead. I've been doing that for a little over 2 months now and to be honest it's killing my social life since I'm scheduled every Friday and Saturday. (Side note: I don't actually need this job, it's just for fun. I know I'd make the most money dancing on Fridays and Saturdays but I'm not looking to do both every week.) As I've now seen firsthand what the scene is like, I've become more interested in switching to dancing, mostly because of the money and ability to pick your own schedule. In a spur of the moment decision, I asked my boss if I could try dancing this Thursday to see if it would be a good fit for me.

There's no turning back now (at least for the first shift) and I'm really, really nervous. The main reason is that I'm extremely not confident about my body. I have an eating disorder and my BMI is about 18 right now but I think I look absolutely massive and I feel like the stage lights will accentuate every flaw. However, I've done a few lap dances so far as a waitress (maybe 10 or so) and I find that I don't really focus on how I look while I'm giving one. Guys also call me beautiful at least once per shift which helps reassure me a bit that they don't see me the way I see myself, but I'm not sure if that will be enough to get me through a stage set. Advice for getting through it without freaking out would be greatly appreciated.

Another problem is that, aside from lap dances, I've literally never danced in public without choreography. I've been practicing pole tricks and have already mastered quite a few (Tanya Cheung's videos are amazing), but I can't seem to find any tutorials for the actual dancing part. Do you guys have any recommendations for that?

Any other general advice would be great as well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lucy-lou-who For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Waitress at a strip club, dancing for the first time this week

Hi
    I'm not a dancer but I can tell you this :
    You've already given some lapdances, it means that guys are in demand of you ! Don't focus on your look THAT much. I'm not saying to not take care of yourself, but what I feel in your post is that you are extremely worried about how you look. We are all judging ourselves wayyyy harder than how others are judging us.
    Try to relax, take the time to choose an outfit/makeup/shoes that please you and make you feel confident. You can just start to dance by yourself at home, listen to music you love and feel the rythm, that's all you need.
    Confidence is hard to find but you can fake it until you make it.
    (I'm sorry if I made mistakes, english isn't my native langage)
    I hope not to sound dumb or too cheesy, but I feel like it's all the advice you need : Trust yourself.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clou For This Useful Post: