Thread: First Shift: Seventh Veil

Thanks

Thumbs down First Shift: Seventh Veil

Hello lovely ladies,

I would like to share my first shift experience at Seventh Veil. I recently posted my audition/hiring experience, see post for those details. This is was my first REAL shift working as a dancer.

I went on a weekday around 2pm for dayshift and stayed for around 6 hours. The club was SUPER slow...first customer didnít come in till an hour into the shift. There were only 2 other dancers for the majority of the shift, a couple others came and left quickly. Around 6 customers came in the whole time I was there. I went on stage quite a bit since there werenít many dancers, around 7 times.

Honestly I was so winded doing those stage sets...really made me realize I need to build up my endurance/strength. I was definitely the only new girl there but I tried my best to dance like them. My knees were totally bruised up by the end of the night. My main focus was to really observe and learn as much as I can rather than making money...and I literally made almost nothing compared to what I thought I would.

I only sold 1 single lap dance and the rest was tips on stage...a total of $43 for 6 hours. That was honestly really discouraging for me. Although my focus was to learn I did try to hustle. Spoke with most of the customers and asked 4 for a dance...only one said yes. Overall I realized I need to learn how to hustle and Iím also wondering if this club is just slow like this?

Any feedback or or questions are welcomed!

Featured Member Girl Anachronism's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,257 Times in 740 Posts

Default Re: First Shift: Seventh Veil

at least you didn't leave negative and you are learning. be proud of yourself for making even that much bc LA is a tough place to start, you have to be really aggressive. in my personal opinion L.A. is one of the hardest places to make money because it has the hustle factor of las vegas but with WAY less customers who are all way stingier. give it some time and see if it improves, maybe try a night shift or another club. a lot of the girls making the money during the day probably have regulars who wait for them and will turn you down for that reason.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Girl Anachronism For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What's the schedule and tip out like at 7th veil? I wanna audition soon and dance there as my first club. Your posts are really helpful btw, thanks!!

Thanks

Thank you so much for you kind feedback and support! I have to feel good about making any money at all. They weren’t willing to let me work nightshift till I got more practice so I’m going to try another club and see if they’ll let me work nightshift.

Thanks

There was no schedule which was perfect for me. They said I can come and go for any dayshift I’d like. They didn’t go over tip out amounts but their house fee is $25 for dayshift and $45 for nightshift. I think $1 for each dance you sold would be fine to start with, going toward the Dj and doorman. The doorman walks you out after your shift so I’d definitely tip him decently.

Thanks

I worked a night shift at Seventh Veil and it was absolutely horrible. It’s honestly worth driving to Orange County and working down there in my opinion, theres more money and better clubs. Alternatively, Deja Vu in Hollywood is busier but you’ll need a social security card the day you audition

Thanks

Thank you so much for your feedback. I’m planning on trying out some OC clubs this week. I’ve head Deja Vu Hollywood is strict with their hiring so I’ve been deterred from trying out there till I get more experience. I appreciate the tip about needing and SSN card...

I forgot to mention that Seventh Veil did not need my SSN card nor did they ask me for the number either (Just referencing this for other readers)