Thread: i知 TALENTLESS how do i make money on stage?

Thanks

Duh i知 TALENTLESS how do i make money on stage?

I HATE getting on stage. If I could skip my set I would. Like sometimes i知 embarrassed and feel annoyed when i知 up there doing the same shit for multiple sets of songs. I知 so boring it seems like ppl always look away or barely pay attention on my set. I知 pretty but that shit isn稚 cutting it i feel like that痴 the only reason i make tips on stage bc i suck so bad lmao my twerking is subpar. I barely know more than 3 pole tricks, I don稚 get hype on stage, barely know any interesting moves, i barely have sex appeal on stage, and I do the same shit throughout the set 🤦🏼♀️. Some ppl say i look lazy on stage. Right now i知 trying to learn headstands. But what else can i learn or what other entertaining skills can i pick up?? Also i don稚 have tattoos and i have no body enhancements so maybe i don稚 look like a fantasy what should i do to attract customers to me/ look more fantasy like??? Pls help a talentless bitch out, thanks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Default Re: i知 TALENTLESS how do i make money on stage?

After all of my years of dancing I still struggle with this mostly because I mostly work in Vegas where I CAN skip my stage sets so I do that all the time so I don't have to deal with the anxiety that comes along with going on the stage and doing the same things over and over during a three song set. Now, I'm interested in being better on stage just because I feel like there's no reason why I shouldn't be. You could always sign up for pole dancing classes but if you're like me and you're not trying to spend the money on those classes, YouTube is great. Set aside some time every day to watch videos and find moves that you'd like to incorporate into your floorwork routine. Practice those moves just as they're explained. Do it in front of a mirror or record yourself on your phone. I learned headstands from yoga but I rarely ever do them at work. Google, "dolphin pose headstand" and you should get some videos teaching the way I learned. Make sure to practice by a wall lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,242 Times in 1,590 Posts

Move slow. Eye contact.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carmen_b View Post
    Move slow. Eye contact.

Even with upbeat songs? Like i’m talking fast paced rap songs ..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Try different music. I was fortunate to mainly work in clubs that allowed a lot of freedom of song choice, and over time I learnt to dance to pretty much anything. But while I would often try to choose songs that worked for the audience, I also had to like the song myself in order to really feel good about it.

One of the wonderful things about this job is that you get exposed to so much music that you might not otherwise have gotten to discover. Some of my favourite work music, I got from work. The more you find, the better you can tailor your stage sets, even if management has wonky rules on what you can have. I hate the majority of rap music with the passion of a thousand suns, but I have found a number of R&B, rock, and crossover songs that generally please both the rap crowd and myself.

Also, if you're new (just looking at your join date) -- comfort on stage takes time. I hated stage until I started figuring out pole tricks, then I came to love it and be able to have fun with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,242 Times in 1,184 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I think OP mentioned in another thread that she works in an urban club.

So in that case, keep practicing your twerking (try every twerk you see other girls doing, look up how to vids, some will come more natural that others).

Consider coming in early or practicing when it's slow in order to get some tricks down.

Also stop telling yourself you have no sex appeal up there because then you won't have any. Whatever you have to work with during your stage set, own it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperJa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about your stage show so much. In most clubs, you make most of your money doing lap dances or VIP rooms. I danced for years and never bothered learning pole tricks at all. My stage show was boring to me, but I smiled, moved slowly, and looked like I was having fun.

There are only a handful of clubs where your stage show really matters-not sure if you work at one of those, but there are a lot of helpful Youtube videos you can watch and learn from as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,365 Times in 2,430 Posts

Girl! You need to have more confidence. Are you new to stripping? It can take time to get used to it and you learn as you go. If you call yourself "talentless" or "boring" and are not feeling confident with your performance on stage, that will show through. Don't worry about whether you can twerk or do pole tricks or not. I can't twerk at all(I have no booty meat to speak of) so don't feel bad. Most clubs don't even seem to care anymore. I've seen a couple girls where I was working at who don't even dance or do pole tricks. They just walk really slow in a circle around the pole. Hell, I like to combine belly dance moves with my sets on stage. If there are pole fitness classes where you are, you can take some if that would help boost your confidence. I think that you are being too hard on yourself.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WendiStarr View Post
    Girl! You need to have more confidence. Are you new to stripping? It can take time to get used to it and you learn as you go. If you call yourself "talentless" or "boring" and are not feeling confident with your performance on stage, that will show through. Don't worry about whether you can twerk or do pole tricks or not. I can't twerk at all(I have no booty meat to speak of) so don't feel bad. Most clubs don't even seem to care anymore. I've seen a couple girls where I was working at who don't even dance or do pole tricks. They just walk really slow in a circle around the pole. Hell, I like to combine belly dance moves with my sets on stage. If there are pole fitness classes where you are, you can take some if that would help boost your confidence. I think that you are being too hard on yourself.
    Lol i’ve been dancing for a year. I don’t think i’m being hard on myself i’m just being real lmao i don’t have any talent or something that sets me apart from the other girls that makes customers not want to take their eyes off me

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Can you work at white clubs? The stage show at white clubs doesn't even compare to the expectations at urban clubs.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to random stripper For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 703 Posts

girl be slutty AF. i've done this shit for going on 10 years and sex. sells. better. the girl with a million pole tricks breaking her neck will always struggle next to the hot girl that is flirty and makes eye contact. look like you LOVE the stage and people will love watching you. they wanna feel your energy.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to crystalize For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

I 100% agree with the comment about youtube vids, watch those over & over, get yourself a pole (you can get them 2nd hand, which I didnt realise til Id already spent a small fortune on mine), & practice by yourself with music that makes you feel sexy, & gets you pumped up. Keep practicing at home with the pole & vids until you feel confident about your moves. I understand the lack of confidence so much, espesh when there are girls at your club who might look amazing to you on stage. But if you are still getting dances & making money then you cant be that bad!
    Building confidence within yourself is key. Youre gonna be okay!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jezebelle-red For This Useful Post:

Featured Member Girl Anachronism's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 743 Posts

the title of this thread spoke to me because i am 100% untalented on stage lol. i was going to say it doesn't matter but i think you mentioned that you work at an urban club, so for that you definitely need to take some classes, have some other girl teach you moves, or practice with youtube tutorials. you said you don't have any tattoos.. have you tried a more upscale type club? or just one with a different vibe that is less stage and twerk oriented? getting tattoos or body enhancements definitely isn't the answer esp if you're struggling to make money, so only do those things if you really want them for yourself

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Girl Anachronism For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I agree about trying to work at a white club bc the expectations for stage shows are drastically less acrobatic in white clubs.

I don't hate stage but I wouldn't say I'm very good. I'd say I'm actually pretty bad and my main goal on stage is not to fall and try to fake looking all sexy and stuff. I'm naturally extremely shy but you get densensitized being naked before others, and the lights on the men's faces in response to seeing you on stage can be an incredible reward which is what keeps me coming back.

Working in nude clubs, I completely refuse to go off stage and do teaser nude lap dances off stage on customers or shove my vagina in men's faces or get close enough to customers for them to touch me while I'm on stage, for dollars. In a club where that is the standard, your stage show can seem less like a show and more a bore for the guys unfortunately. But oh well...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ZeroSugarMonster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 Times in 4,161 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love
    Blog Entries

I got a boob job and I don't do shit.
    "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "-Mr. Garrison, South Park.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post: