Thread: My first night, good and the bad.

Curious Guest
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

Dizzy My first night, good and the bad.

Last night was my first night at an okay club in Seattle. The good, I sold 5 songs to a guy who just wanted to talk and made house within a few hours of walking in the door. Because it was my first night I didn't have to pay house, so that was nice. I sold a total of 4 lap dances, but the last one is where it gets into the bad.

A guy wanted a dance from me for him and his girlfriend at once. I took them back, told them the rules. They decided on a basic dance, NO TOUCHING, for $40 a song. Then halfway through he wants the girl to touch me or he was gonna leave for a shitty $20 couch dance so I let the girl touch me. Then he wanted to touch me and I said no but thankfully the song ended. I got up, he gave me $100 said to keep the change and walked away. Then my shift was over so I went to go get dressed and the house mom comes in and was like well they want their change back so I had to go give it to them.

Its fine I guess, it could be worse. Before tipping out I made 318 so I'm okay with that.

I just hope it doesn't happen again and that tonight is better.

Thanks

Default Re: My first night, good and the bad.

Fuck that change back shit!!! Once you’ve finished and walked away never let anybody come back and say give me back my money. The Housemom tried that shut on you because your new and probably knew that you would go along with that. Always put yourself first. Once money hits the floor or goes in your hand it’s yours! If they want change back they should tell you before putting in your hand.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LolaLang25 For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

Quote Originally Posted by LolaLang25 View Post
    Fuck that change back shit!!! Once you’ve finished and walked away never let anybody come back and say give me back my money. The Housemom tried that shut on you because your new and probably knew that you would go along with that. Always put yourself first. Once money hits the floor or goes in your hand it’s yours! If they want change back they should tell you before putting in your hand.
    Thank you thats what I was thinking. Just to be safe, I think next time I'll look at the guy and be like "Thanks for the tip" mostly to confirm. Part of me now wonders if he was like: "Bring me change" and I just miss heard him or smthing IDFK. Tonights a football game so hopefully I'll be able to do alot better. Thank you for the adivce I appreciate it!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sorrycharlie View Post
    Thank you thats what I was thinking. Just to be safe, I think next time I'll look at the guy and be like "Thanks for the tip" mostly to confirm. Part of me now wonders if he was like: "Bring me change" and I just miss heard him
    In both dancing jobs, and at my last straight job, I have had customers make a big deal about telling me to keep change. Such a big deal, that no one who was listening would deny that they were, in fact, telling me to keep it. They then went to management with made-up complaints and accused me of stealing from them. When it happened in my dancing jobs, I was still fairly new and backed down, except for one time when I fought them on it. In that case, I got to keep the money but was told not to come back, and they refused to listen to anything I had to say about how the customer was lying. When a customer has flat-out stiffed me ... I don't think I have ever had a manager or staff member side with me. They certainly demanded their tipouts regardless, even as I watched them allow a customer to walk out without paying!

The times it's happened in my straight job, I already had years of dancing and bar work under my belt and wasn't taking their shit. I was lucky to have a manager that knew me well enough to know that I am a lot of things, but I am not a thief. He backed me up.

Your results will greatly vary when it comes to disputes over money, particularly as a dancer. ALWAYS get at least the first dance paid-for up front, even if it's not the norm where you are. For future reference, collect for every two to three songs. Tips can be worked out later. One of the reasons I prefer to push rooms or blocks of time is that the full amount for that larger block is typically paid right away. I would make an effort to be sure you're in sight of any cameras when it comes time to settle the tab for dances, and when a guy says to keep the change, take a moment to verbally confirm what he is telling you. Be clear in your body language that you are asking for confirmation, and that you are receiving it. That might be the best recourse you will have when a customer decides to fight you over money he already gave up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jalena For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,183 Times in 1,567 Posts

Keep reading this site.

Strippers don't make change.

$318 is NOT bad at all for a first night. That's actually pretty good. Congrats on your first night !