My Mood
    Blah

Default Re: Video shows Harvey Weinstein behaving inappropriately

Classic predator

Gross!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When will this sick fuck finally be in jail???

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,333 Times in 782 Posts
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Blog Entries

That’s crazy. In some ways I’m glad I deal with overt sexual harassment instead of thinking I’m going to a business meeting and end up getting raped. That’s crazy. Women should go on a sex strike. No pussy no pussy no pussy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,809 Times in 5,605 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

"Am I allowed to flirt with you?" Asks Harvey at the beginning of the meeting.
    "Um, a little bit", she answers.

She lets him hug her at the beginning.
    Just my opinion ( because I've been there, and hindsight is 20/20). I think she should have stopped him in his tracks right then and there.
    Men see things like this as an ok to proceed with their pervy behavior.
    Just a few months ago, I was almost raped, because the guy who approached me said that I wouldn't be talking to him like I was if I wasn't interested. Huh?
    He turned his car around to drive over to where I was taking selfie's after a political event. He asked if I got a good shot? I said yes. I thought he had been to the event too, but quickly realized that he saw me as he was driving by.
    Why? He said that he liked what he saw. Wanted me to get in his car and go with him.
    Kept persisting, even though I told him I was married.
    Luckily, I noticed an older couple leaving the event, and ran over to them and pretended to know them, so he'd drive off.
    My younger, more naive self would've been trusting, and most likely been raped.
    I know, because I was, several times, because I didn't get away from the situation.
    Last edited by Glamourmilf; 10-12-2018 at 07:39 AM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glamourmilf View Post

Just my opinion ( because I've been there, and hindsight is 20/20). I think she should have stopped him in his tracks right then and there.
    Just a few months ago, I was almost raped, because the guy who approached me said that I wouldn't be talking to him like I was if I wasn't interested. Huh?
    He turned his car around to drive over to where I was taking selfie's after a political event. He asked if I got a good shot? I said yes. I thought he had been to the event too, but quickly realized that he saw me as he was driving by.
    Why? He said that he liked what he saw. Wanted me to get in his car and go with him.
    Luckily, I noticed an older couple leaving the event, and ran over to them and pretended to know them, so he'd drive off.
    My younger, more have self would've been trusting, and most likely been raped.
    I know, because I was, several times, because I didn't get away from the situation.
    I’m sorry to happened to you.

in the book Gift of fear by Gavin Debecker, he talks about the intitial boundary violation you talk about, “Can I flirt with you?” Also, her turning the cam when she went into the Kitchen with him for a glass of water. She subconsciously knew there was something wrong. We can’t let the fear of offending get in the way of our gut feelings. That’s a huge thing Gavin Debeckers talks about. We know somethings wrong, but we’re afraid of offending or being rude. When she turned the camera I was like, “wow, she knows how bad he is.” The predators test their victim. I’m not saying it’s her fault, but it’s really useful to know the first boundary violation is the best time to shut that shit down! If a guy offers to help you with your groceries and you don’t want help say NO! If a guy says hello and you don’t feel like saying hi back DONT! Don’t be afraid to be a bitch! It could save your life.

I swore I was about to rip this guy a new one after he was clearly bothering this girl on the treadmill. Lol...I’m not afraid to be a bitch on behalf of other girls. I’m really protective of young women for some weird reason probably cause I remember being innocent. It’s little shit like that can escalate quickly-all of sudden he’s there everyday as you are at the same time. Most predators want an easy target. They will move on to someone else if you are a bitch right away. They don’t want someone who will fight back.
    Last edited by Ifyouseekamy; 10-11-2018 at 01:24 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,560 Times in 3,217 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Evil fucks like that need to die of the worst form of cancer.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,834 Times in 5,983 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by Glamourmilf View Post

My younger, more have self would've been trusting, and most likely been raped.
    The problem is that from day 1 - society teaches women to "be nice"

I saw her as 'being nice' because otherwise she feared she would not have closed the deal.

She probably did not foresee him as a rapist/predator and that is why she was not more forceful in declining his slick advances. Because like you say in hindsight, any sane person would chose to lose a deal vs being raped. This is the only reason I can think as to why she was still paying him any attention and trying to playfully reject him.

Dude is the prime example of a slick rapist = people who use their status as leverage to manipulate people into situations that make it hard/impossible for them to provide true consent. They usually pull this on young naive women and girls who think they have to put up with this type of shitty behavior.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,809 Times in 5,605 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouseekamy View Post
    I’m sorry to happened to you.

in the book Gift of fear by Gavin Debecker, he talks about the intitial boundary violation you talk about, “Can I flirt with you?” Also, her turning the cam when she went into the Kitchen with him for a glass of water. She subconsciously knew there was something wrong. We can’t let the fear of offending get in the way of our gut feelings. That’s a huge thing Gavin Debeckers talks about. We know somethings wrong, but we’re afraid of offending or being rude. When she turned the camera I was like, “wow, she knows how bad he is.” The predators test their victim. I’m not saying it’s her fault, but it’s really useful to know the first boundary violation is the best time to shut that shit down! If a guy offers to help you with your groceries and you don’t want help say NO! If a guy says hello and you don’t feel like saying hi back DONT! Don’t be afraid to be a bitch! It could save your life.

I swore I was about to rip this guy a new one after he was clearly bothering this girl on the treadmill. Lol...I’m not afraid to be a bitch on behalf of other girls. I’m really protective of young women for some weird reason probably cause I remember being innocent. It’s little shit like that can escalate quickly-all of sudden he’s there everyday as you are at the same time. Most predators want an easy target. They will move on to someone else if you are a bitch right away. They don’t want someone who will fight back.
    Thank You.
    I actually just got Gavins book in the mail. I'm only 2 chapters in, but I can already see it's going to be full of useful information.
    I wish I could give the knowledge to my younger self.
    Living in L.A. in the 80's and 90's. I don't have to tell you.
    The kavanaugh thing,and having trump in office, has me jumpy af.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Glamourmilf For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    The problem is that from day 1 - society teaches women to "be nice"

I saw her as 'being nice' because otherwise she feared she would not have closed the deal.

She probably did not foresee him as a rapist/predator and that is why she was not more forceful in declining his slick advances. Because like you say in hindsight, any sane person would chose to lose a deal vs being raped. This is the only reason I can think as to why she was still paying him any attention and trying to playfully reject him.

Dude is the prime example of a slick rapist = people who use their status as leverage to manipulate people into situations that make it hard/impossible for them to provide true consent. They usually pull this on young naive women and girls who think they have to put up with this type of shitty behavior.
    Absolutely. we need to as a society to get away from focusing on what she didn’t or did do.. I only brought it up because it’s useful information to protect oneself. The national conversation needs to focus on what the guy did and how to get men to stop assaulting women. Not how women need to protect themselves from being assaulted.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,834 Times in 5,983 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I personally think the conversation should have both topics.

Not to victim blame but to empower young people for future decision making

She even said it herself “we shouldn’t have to think we could get raped going to a business meeting”. She was not thinking dude was going to rape her.

But the fact is....This is not a perfect world and yes sadly predators exist. There are evil people in the world, walking the streets, looking normal. A rapist could be your work colleague, your boss, your police officer, your boyfriend/husband....Hell America elected a philandering pussy grabber so what message does that send?

People need to learn how to trust their intuition (when their gut is telling them something isn’t right), how to firmly verbalize their boundaries, and how to report to law enforcement should someone violate their boundaries.

Her gut was telling her something wasn’t right which is why she filmed the interaction and made sure the keep the angles where the camera could capture his actions so that she could have some evidence in a worst case scenario.

If you are in a situation, it is helpful to learn some tips that could help you get out of it. According to her story, she was not able to escape being victimized but she did get video proof of him acting very predatory which she used to help other women by showing his true character.

But yes. The title of the thread says it all.
    Last edited by miss.a.p1600; 10-12-2018 at 07:58 PM.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post: