Thread: Manager giving me a hard time about the "dress code"

Thanks

Dizzy Manager giving me a hard time about the "dress code"

I started dancing very recently and so far have been wearing lingerie sets or teddies. I don't dress any more or less revealing than any of my coworkers. My manager has been insisting that the dress code is a see through bra or a shelf bra with a thong, anything else resulting in a fine. However, I've literally never seen this enforced with anyone else. Plenty of them wear the same kind of stuff as me and they don't get reprimanded. It's not an issue of just not seeing them get reprimanded either, I've asked them so I know they don't. I don't know what his problem is. Also, on my most recent shift I actually did wear a see through teddy (made out of a layer of mesh with a thin layer of lace over it- it was quite clearly see through) and he literally said it wasn't see through. I didn't know what to make of that. Is he picking on me because I'm new? I guess he could be complaining just to complain, but what reason could he possibly have for being so bitter?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lucy-lou-who For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Manager giving me a hard time about the "dress code"

He could be messing with you and trying to boss you around because you're new, it kind of sounds like some type of harassment if he singles you out and doesn't require anyone else to wear that. Either way it's not professional, and as for what reason he could possibly have just keep in mind that a lot of men don't need any rational reason whatsoever to be bitter and treat women badly or go on a power trip, they do it because they can.

If he keeps acting like that ask him to clarify why you are the only dancer in the club expected to follow this "dress code"? See what answer he comes up with, if he got any.
    "I've been in more laps than a napkin."

- Mae West

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Likethis For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Strip clubs cant have dress codes unless strictly implied in the independent contractor contract. What we refer to dress codes is usually legal coverage (like some states you can’t be nude where there’s alcohol). So he’s either picking on you or just really doesn’t like your choice of outfits. Im gonna assume the latter. If you like the club i’d say try to listen cuz it might be solid advice that makes you more money (cuz frankly im bias against strippers wearing teddys so he might be on to something) or say it fuck go to a new club with less rules.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moonangelko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

I'd research local laws for where you live and bring them up along with comparing how others can dress differently. Nobody wants a lawsuit. Staff can pull some ridiculous shit at clubs.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Featured Member Girl Anachronism's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 746 Posts

over the years i've given up on trying to make sense of why managers act like assholes for seemingly no reason. same with other dancers. you just kinda have to smile and do what they say even if it's BS and unfair. people in this industry do tend to be bitter and pick on others bc they can.. so even if you're not doing anything wrong it doesn't matter and isn't usually worth making a big deal of it

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Girl Anachronism For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 464 Posts

Sometimes managers mess with new girls or sometimes managers mess with girls to get a response out of them to fire them.

This used to happen a lot at my old club. One manager would hire someone, the second manager wouldnt approve so he would find a reason/way to fire the girl or get her to leave.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Layla.00 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

So on another thread the OP (lucy-lou-who) posted she is new to the club she is at and is out earning a lot of the regular local girls. In that case it helps explain the situation. The local girls are probably pissed lucy-lou-who is taking money and regulars from them and complaining to management. They have probably been tipping the managers for years. So yeah it makes perfect sense. Don't give them a reason to fire you, just follow the dress code. And learn to read the politics of the club.

I haven't been working there long but I actually make more compared to most of my coworkers. They tend to spend a lot of time sitting in the dressing room, shooting the shit at the bar, and taking smoke breaks. Also (honest observation not bragging), most of them are average/overweight while I'm rather fit. I've heard that a great night for most of them is 250-300.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thehester2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by thehester2 View Post
    So on another thread the OP (lucy-lou-who) posted she is new to the club she is at and is out earning a lot of the regular local girls. In that case it helps explain the situation. The local girls are probably pissed lucy-lou-who is taking money and regulars from them and complaining to management. They have probably been tipping the managers for years. So yeah it makes perfect sense. Don't give them a reason to fire you, just follow the dress code. And learn to read the politics of the club.
    I don't care about work politics. Bending over the table to keep a job is not how I work. I guess that's why staff always hates me at clubs since I speak up and don't cower down in fear of being fired lol. I could make more in a lawsuit on contingency fee than I could at the clubs nowadays anyways LOL. Anyways she is new, and all girls know the cycle of "new girl money". Money slows down over time and is passed on to the next new girl. Staff won't pull that shit on you in the long run for standing up for what's right and legal than giving in to what is unfair.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post: