Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do I have what it takes? African American newbie looking for advice on getting hired!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Default Re: Do I have what it takes? African American newbie looking for advice on getting hi

I work in both regular gentlemen's clubs and urban clubs... I don't feel like doing pole anymore. I make about the same with or without pole work. Of course stage money is better in urban clubs because they are very stage centric.

I don't think any one is mad at you. And no one said your opinion is wrong.

You can't read an opposing opinion and say that everyone is mad at you, too sensitive, or coming for you and saying you're dead wrong. Do you react this way to everyone who disagrees with you? Of course good dancers can make more than bad dancers. I see some bad dancers kill it and make more.

The sensitive one seems to be you. Let people decide which advice works best for them. Everyone can give different opinions from their experience. That is why I like reading the posts on here.

The tone of your posts vs. the tone of others - re-read it and ask yourself if you are taking things little too personal.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to m1nx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default Re: Do I have what it takes? African American newbie looking for advice on getting hi

great cool maybe ur right. love ya'll sorry. lol
    ★.`.★._. 𝔦 𝔠𝔞𝔫 𝔴𝔞𝔦𝔱 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔦𝔣 𝔦 𝔤𝔢𝔱 𝔴𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔦 𝔴𝔞𝔫𝔱★.`.★._.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladycaxe For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Okay, thanks. I’m sure you did amazing at your audition pole or nah .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pokahantas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

6" clear pleasers = $42 --> https://www.yandy.com/Delight-608.php

6" red, black or white pleasers = $33 --> https://www.yandy.com/6-Ankle-Strap-...-On-Heel-2.php
    "Getting Money Will Always Be THE MOTIVE!"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MintChocolate For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you so much!

Thanks

1) you're gorgeous. You don't have to fit in a mold to make money at the club. There will be customers who ADORE your look.
    2) Don't get discouraged if you get turned away at a club or three. Sometimes the roster is full. Club management is often racist as fuck too, so take it in stride and keep auditioning.
    3) CA clubs are switching to employee status at different rates so don't assume you can't still be an IC.
    4) you can learn pole tricks later if you want. move fluidly at your audition and you will be fine. Don't wait to dance until you learn tricks. You will learn as you work.

Good Luck! Try Riverside or Orange County too, if you don't like the LA clubs.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SoRichSoPretty For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SoRichSoPretty View Post
    1) you're gorgeous. You don't have to fit in a mold to make money at the club. There will be customers who ADORE your look.
    2) Don't get discouraged if you get turned away at a club or three. Sometimes the roster is full. Club management is often racist as fuck too, so take it in stride and keep auditioning.
    3) CA clubs are switching to employee status at different rates so don't assume you can't still be an IC.
    4) you can learn pole tricks later if you want. move fluidly at your audition and you will be fine. Don't wait to dance until you learn tricks. You will learn as you work.

Good Luck! Try Riverside or Orange County too, if you don't like the LA clubs.
    Thanks so much! You’re so kind. I so needed your comment right now. As I’m getting closer to actually auditioning I was feeling slightly discouraged from going through with it because of all of the threads on SW that talk about how black and/or exotic agirls get turned away from so many clubs. I really luv SW community but some of the threads start to make you doubt yourself after hearing the horror stories on here about racism in this industry. I’m a strong gal though and when I’m determined to do something nothing can usually stop me. And, I worked at Hooters and was the only chocolate girl out of maybe 2 others who were ethnically ambiguous although still black so l know how this stuff can be. I experienced racism in that industry and don’t miss it at all urrrr. So just the thought of it does create a little bit of anxiety. I’m a positive optimistic person with nothing too loose attitude so I’ll just have to see how it goes. I truly do appreciate everyone’s support on here because it definitely helps.

Thanks

Dizzy Re: Do I have what it takes? African American newbie looking for advice on getting hi

Hi beautiful ladies!

just wanted to give you some update on my stripper journey. School is so intense right now and its so difficult to focus on my dissertation studies when youre bills are always piling up. I managed to get this old man Ive known for a long while to help with giving me some money to help pay small bills but its just not enough. I was also able to swindle him out of some hair extension money too but hes really rationing it out because hes not getting any extras so when he does give me $ I have to use it to pay bills instead of buying what I need to start dancing. Ive been texting him sexy photos of me just to get that. I am still waiting on him to order my pleaser shoes on Amazon and he keeps dragging his feet although he will eventually do it its taking so long because I have to finess him in a way that doesnt piss him off because I have no income if he feels pressure ugh. I already have a couple bikinis and lingerie that I could start with but I am waiting on the shoes and also at least house fees Incase I do get hired. So this is whats holding up my process right now. Anyone have any stories on how long it took them to have everything ready to start auditioning? Thanks SW .

I have:
    hair done and ready
    Couple possible outfits but not the best. Id prefer to buy some professional outfits for better chance to get hired.

still need:
    shoes
    house fees
    makeup

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by Pokahantas View Post
    Hi beautiful ladies!

just wanted to give you some update on my stripper journey. School is so intense right now and it’s so difficult to focus on my dissertation studies when you’re bills are always piling up. I managed to get this old man I’ve known for a long while to help with giving me some money to help pay small bills but it’s just not enough. I was also able to swindle him out of some hair extension money too but he’s really rationing it out because he’s not getting any extras so when he does give me $ I have to use it to pay bills instead of buying what I need to start dancing. I’ve been texting him sexy photos of me just to get that. I am still waiting on him to order my pleaser shoes on Amazon and he keeps dragging his feet although he will eventually do it it’s taking so long because I have to finess him in a way that doesn’t piss him off because I have no income if he feels pressure ugh. I already have a couple bikinis and lingerie that I could start with but I am waiting on the shoes and also at least house fees Incase I do get hired. So this is what’s holding up my process right now. Anyone have any stories on how long it took them to have everything ready to start auditioning? Thanks SW .

I have:
    hair done and ready
    Couple possible outfits but not the best. I’d prefer to buy some professional outfits for better chance to get hired.

still need:
    shoes
    house fees
    makeup
    Haven't you already started listing clubs to try-out?

Could you try going to audition at the clubs last on your list to help you buy other items And to prepare for better clubs?

And have you already shopped FOR the most inexpensive And attractive shoes on Amazon and Ebay?

I wouldn't worry about the house fee, especially being it would be you're first day. Just remind the person that expects money from you It's you're first day, and don't give THEM all the money you'll make/made. And you could try on free or get make-up done at a make-up counter. Inquire, or call first before you get done. You could ask for a sample. Ask someone to do your makeup from school or personally know...? Or buy make up inexpensively from a beauty supply, dollar or drug store until you can buy something better.

And are you okay with giving OLD MAN a dance to make more money from him? I wouldn't try this until knowing you've gotten everything from him without dancing/you'll have money to replace the money he's giving you. Is he likable for you?
    Last edited by yaya_cash; 11-08-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Listen to yaya about shoes and house fees. As far as makeup-if you can do basic makeup that is enough for most clubs. Are you looking to get into a dive bar, middle of the road, or higher tier club? You only need badass makeup skills for the higher tier clubs...usually dive bars you don't need any makeup, but I would still wear it the first day at least.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Blog Entries

I feel like you're psyching yourself out thinking you need perfect shoes, outfits, makeup, etc. At this point, you should just audition and work a shift. That's how you'll learn what you actually need to succeed at the job.

Plus, no matter how you dress and style yourself for your first shift, I promise you'll look back after a few years of dancing and wonder what baby stripper you was thinking. So don't lose too much sleep (and DEFINITELY don't invest much money) over it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Winged Dinghy For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123