Thread: New member in NC

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Default New member in NC

Hi,
    New member here. Living in North Carolina, born and raised in Wisconsin. I strip as an aside to my regular job. I dont really know what else to put here, so Im open to questions if there are any.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New member in NC

Just want to say I'm really enjoying your posts. Thanks for sharing your life and insights!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Winged Dinghy For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Thank you!
    I twist the truth, I rule the world. My crown is called deceit. I am the emperor of lies.You grovel at my feet . I rob you and I slaughter you. Your downfall is my gain. And still you play the sycophant. And revel in your pain. And all my promises are lies. All my love is hate. I am the politician. And I decide your fate.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,588 Times in 3,794 Posts

Where do like to drink in "Wiscaaansin?" lol I go there a lot.

I actually know Hutterites, former Amish and off the farm Mennonites! There's so many of those groups out there in America....
    Beware the Pinkie Drama Queen...w000000 LA Woman, You're My Woman- The Doors

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

I was just shy of 18 by a couple months when I left, and I’m the biggest lightweight you’ve ever met when it comes to alcohol, so on the rare occasions that I do drink, it’ll be at home or the home of a friend. Like when we foaled that horse on the early morning of Halloween, the owners brought champagne, and one small glass was enough that I had to sleep at the equestrian center that night. So I can’t really speak firsthand. The closest major(?) city to me was Sheboygan.

I’ve run into a fair number of people from Anabaptist homes, as well, including an Army chaplain who came from the River Brethren community (a group of Pennsylvania Mennonites who’d adopted the practice of baptism by dunking). It’s somewhat relieving, because my first language was Plautdietcsh, not English, so it’s nice to find people I have that in common with. Now that my younger sister is living with us, she only speaks to me in English if others are involved in the conversation.
    I twist the truth, I rule the world. My crown is called deceit. I am the emperor of lies.You grovel at my feet . I rob you and I slaughter you. Your downfall is my gain. And still you play the sycophant. And revel in your pain. And all my promises are lies. All my love is hate. I am the politician. And I decide your fate.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,588 Times in 3,794 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AChildOfBoredom View Post
    I was just shy of 18 by a couple months when I left, and I’m the biggest lightweight you’ve ever met when it comes to alcohol, so on the rare occasions that I do drink, it’ll be at home or the home of a friend. Like when we foaled that horse on the early morning of Halloween, the owners brought champagne, and one small glass was enough that I had to sleep at the equestrian center that night. So I can’t really speak firsthand. The closest major(?) city to me was Sheboygan.

I’ve run into a fair number of people from Anabaptist homes, as well, including an Army chaplain who came from the River Brethren community (a group of Pennsylvania Mennonites who’d adopted the practice of baptism by dunking). It’s somewhat relieving, because my first language was Plautdietcsh, not English, so it’s nice to find people I have that in common with. Now that my younger sister is living with us, she only speaks to me in English if others are involved in the conversation.
    Pretty neat. I made friends with a guy who said he was "Pennsvlvanian Dutch " & I always assumed that meant Amish. Is the English translation of Plautdietsch "Low German"?
    Beware the Pinkie Drama Queen...w000000 LA Woman, You're My Woman- The Doors

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Sounds like he’s either frustrated with giving an in-depth explanation, or he’s been pretty far removed from the church/community/lifestyle in the same way Americans who are several generations separated from ‘the Old Country’ tend to carry on about how ‘Irish’ they are (the woman from Ireland we rent a room to has a ton to say about this, as it tends to be a part of almost every pickup attempt she’s been subjected to since she came to the US). “Pennsylvania Dutch” was the result of ‘English’ Americans who weren’t quite grasping “Deutsch” where they were accustomed to “German”.

I’m often assumed to be foreign, with guesses to my supposed nationality including the Czech Republic, Croatia, Switzerland, and Israel (in that instance, I was in the Kosher aisle of a grocery store and had asked a man if he could grab something off a shelf for me, as I am quite short). One person did say Amish, as they were from that area of Pennsylvania and heard me refer to a spider as a “Daddy Longlegger” - which I picked up probably from my mother, who was raised Amish but married into the Mennonite church.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey hun, newbie member & considering dancing I’m here in NC as well... Any recommendations on where to start for dancing? Club recommendationss?

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Hi! Welcome! Well, what part of the state are you in, what’s your experience, and are you looking to do full nude or topless?

Thanks

Newbie & Topless. I’ve been debating for about a week now I closer to Jacksonville NC

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Not an area where I’ve worked (as a dancer, anyhow), but I’m pretty sure I know people who have. Let me find out what I can.