Thread: My audition at Ricks NY

Thanks

Default My audition at Ricks NY

I went last night on a Sunday at around 10:30. When I initially walked into the club they were playing Beyoncť and other hip hop. I filled out a v short application and met the house mom (who was really warm and helpful) Kelly. She showed me down to the dressing room where there were maybe 30 girls. (I only saw about 10 coats in coat check at the front) Some girls were getting ready to start their shift doing hair and make up and some were just hanging around... some were also coming back from finishing up their day shift. I arrived with my hair and make up done and got ready in about 20 min and wore a long black gown with a plunge back. It was short dress night and I missed the memo. (Have actually had my stripper back packed for fhe last 2 months but always found a way to talk myself out of auditioning lol) The manager (forget his name) then came to get us and we rode an elevator up to the second floor where we auditioned off a small stage right over the main stage on a balcony. I liked the set up bc it was small, mirrored and had rails around to hold onto for balance etc. The two girls I auditioned with are dancers in Miami and have been for some time. It was my first time ever walking into a club to audition. The manager asked and I said it was my first time ever and they all laughed and said good luck! I wasnít really nervous until we got upstairs to where the audition would take place.

We danced to two songs, the first one dress on, second song topless. I only had a tiny little gstring on under my gown so I danced the second song in that. I didnít know the songs but was kind of familiar with them, when it was time to audition they were playing rock, house etc.
    The first girl had an amazing body with a nice round ass and small(er) tits. She was Spanish and she danced really good. She had on a sexy little wrap skirt and was twerking and ass clapping, dropping it low and putting on a real show. Her confidence was showing. She was also really friendly and helpful. The second girl, her friend, wasnít as good and you could tell that her confidence wasnít up. I kind of forgot what she looked like bc she wasnít as memorable as the first girl. She kept looking to the other girl for moves and literally asking what to do mid audition. The first girl was standing beside her and showing her moves until Kelly came and told her to sit down lol. When it was my turn to audition, I was nervous until I walked on stage. I canít even remember what songs were playing bc I was so focused on dancing right. I danced slowwww and didnít twerk or ass clap or any of that. I just danced slowly and sensually and carressed my body and flirted with the crowd. One guy was looking up at me so I kind of focused on him when I could. I swear those two songs went by so quickly and my audition was over before I knew it. I thought I had did am okay job.

Afterwards Kelly came back up to get me and in the elevator down told me I didnít make the cut. She said she didnít actually see my audition but she knows it was my first time and I may need more experience. She referred the other clubs in the area and I handled it really well. I think I was just proud of myself for (FINALLY!!) doing it. I asked if she could offer any advice at all and she said more glam. I had on a full face no makeup makeup look which is already a lot of make up for me and she suggested I do glitter eyes and bolder lips so that I can fit in with the other girls and the upscale vibe of the club. She let me down nicely and said I have an amazing personality (LOL)

I got back in the DR and met with the other girls to discuss how it went. The first girl got it which was honestly kind of surprising to me bc although she was amazing, I didnít think theyíd hire her bc her dancing was really good. This is just based off all the things I read on here about not really dancing at ricks.... second girl didnít make the cut either and she was really upset about it. I told her not to worry and invited her to try the other clubs in the area with me. Instead she questioned Kelly about why she didnít make it and made a huge deal out of it. Like you didnít make it... try again elsewhere or come back another time. I really couldnít understand why she was so torn up about it but I think the fact that her friend made it and she didnít kind of really made her upset.

I ended up just calling an Uber and going straight home after the girl continued crying about being turned down at ricks. She literally got so upset that she stopped her friends bag and the girl who was hired that night didnít even start because she ďcouldnít leave herĒ. Better than me bc i wouldíve stayed and made money. Iím gonna go back tonight and try I think Vivid and hoops. Iím actually really happy for myself for having gone through with the audition at my dream club Ricks. I definitely learned a few things to apply to
    future auditions and if I could have changed anything, I would have been shaking my ass and making it clap and being ME instead of trying to be what I think appeals to others.... lol. Also gonna start going to audition in full glam. Iíll attach pics of my body Iím slim with a big ass for my frame and huge natural DDDs. Thinking if could have been a combination of my lack of experience, boring dancing and jiggly butt. I also have a couple of massive tattoos that maybe they didnít like.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to XoCocoa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,677 Times in 1,834 Posts

Default Re: My audition at Ricks NY

I think your dancing was good. They really don't want the club to be "too ratchet". I think the fact that you didn't wear glam makeup coupled with your tattoos and most importantly, lack of experience is what did you in. Also did you wear your hair like that?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I wore my hair like this. Its bone straight with layers and falls a little below mid back. Make up was plain like the first pic.... any suggestions for tonight? I spoke with Vivid and the girl over the phone told me I can wear a bikini, lingerie or w.e I want but I want to actually fit in and not look like a complete newbie...
    Last edited by XoCocoa; 10-16-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks

Also prob gonna check sapphire 39 tonight since it’s in the area of hoops and Vivid.

Thanks

Tonight. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by XoCocoa; 10-16-2018 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Blog Entries

You look hot! Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Winged Dinghy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

How’d it go

Thanks

Hoops said no. I think auditioning with other women is throwing me off... on my way to Vivid.

Thanks

Good luck girl. You seem to have the looks surprised they are saying no

13. The Following User Says Thank You to G1ngr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Everyone said no lol .... i went to hoops and Vivid and got turned down. Funny thing is when I (or any of the other girls) were auditioning no one was even watching lol.... so i feel like it’s a no right off the bat. Not sure why they have us audition if they already feel it’s a no. Went to maybe 3 other spots that only hold auditions Tuesday-Saturday. Not sure if I’m gonna even bother anymore bc this has been discouraging as fuck lol. The only reason I even went to this many clubs tonight is bc I met a cool chick at the first spot and she had a list lol

Thanks

What about urban clubs

Thanks

Don’t really wanna dance at one and risk being seen by someone I know honestly.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

This is why it’s best to audition alone. Good luck Op.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spicecake For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,762 Times in 709 Posts

Managers in Manhattan are getting stricter about hiring because some clubs in the area are shutting down, which means an influx of auditions.

It's going to be difficult for you because you don't have experience. Maybe say you worked in a club out of state that later shut down? You could also try getting your foot in the door with clubs along the lines of New York Dolls (although I hear that club specifically is racist -- I just mean a club in that relative tier, am blanking on examples at the moment).

You definitely look good enough to make money here, although if you keep trying I recommend going for a more mainstream glam look, as some of your pics seem a bit alt. Go for a more natural hair color, less flashy nails, maybe a stud in your nose instead of the hoop, etc. Once you're hired, you can ease back into your personal style. It's just about getting your foot in the door sometimes.

Another thing to keep in mind is that in a lot of the more upscale clubs, the true audition is how you interact with staff during the whole process. The stage portion of the audition is to make sure you aren't hiding anything unappealing about your body. So if you're anxious, in your head, or distracted, that will work against you. Show them that you're charming.

Good luck!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lol1337a For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ahh.. thanks so much for this info. A hair and makeup artist from one of the clubs I visited last night actually suggested that I change my hair to black or at least one solid color. Will try some lower tier clubs bc at this point I’m thinking my lack of experience is what’s seriously working against me. The goal is to start somewhere... I’ll work my way up. Thank you again!!

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Honestly I feel having an "in" with management matters A LOT in Manhattan, I got hired at every club I auditioned at because of that... (Scores, Ricks, Vivid, Flashdancers, Sapphires, etc); I had a manager from Scores recruit me from Denver because he said I should be dancing in NYC (which I was wanting to move back anyway) and work for their club Gossip on Long Island... anyhow... long story, but I met a lot of industry people thru him and he gave me major hook ups and raved about me to management at other clubs so it helped a lot I think. I have some pretty big tattoos as well but they are classier and I dress up very high-fashion and polished so half the time people don't even notice them, so that also helps. However I don't really feel the money in NYC is worth bothering to dance their for.. it's like Vegas 10x the work for the same money you could make much easier somewhere else.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

NYC is definitely it's own beast in terms of dancing, and as NYCBianca says, perhaps more trouble than it's worth. Good luck though...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroSugarMonster View Post
    NYC is definitely it's own beast in terms of dancing, and as NYCBianca says, perhaps more trouble than it's worth. Good luck though...

Could you you clarify what you mean? Iím a Vegas dancer looking to work in Nyc this winter. Iíve never been to New York and Iíd really appreciate any insight. Thank you!

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I think ArielBriel would be best to ask about NYC bc she's a veteran dancer there, and seems to be highly successful in that market.

I did a six week work trip there (2014, I think?) from LA and danced there for a year this past year. I worked a few weeks at Scores, tried Flashdancers (but got fired this last time before I even started bc the women said I was arguing with her when she didn't let me read my own contract), a little bit at Headquarters, a little bit at Hoops, a few shifts at Beamers in Connecticut, and several months at Sapphire. I got hired at Ricks my first visit but couldn't get hired this past year. During one of my auditions at Ricks this past year, the old house mom said to me, "Oh, I remember you from a few years back. You didn't last long here, did you."

Thing about NYC strip club staff, I guess they are sharp as nails because they all will remember everything about you, even years later and despite the number of girls working on their roster at any given time and the multitudes turned away. So I guess, make a good impression. Or at least, like you'll last there, whatever the "f" that means...

Supposedly, Ricks and Sapphire are the two top spots in terms of earning potential. There is A LOT of money to be made but you need to know how to get it out of the guys by being super aggressive but at the same time, play a subservient role by sitting around and talking to them mostly without compensation, until they feel like buying a private room. I don't know about Ricks but any other club, the hosts are pretty much like pimps with their little black books, or wherever they keep a list of their clients.You need to get in with them for the big $$$. A lot of times, if a host leaves a particular club, the girl goes with him to his/her new club.

The cuts out of the rooms are ridiculous and could be considered pimping. That is bc if the guy is spending 2k on an hour with you in a room WITH A DOOR, he doesn't care if you are getting 30% of the money plus have a $200/night house fee to pay, he will want his money's worth. If a regular pays off enough of the staff, he can do whatever to you and get away with it, I think easier than most cities.

I thought the room prices for Rick's were especially low, so that is partly why I quit the first time, a few years ago, that I got hired.

I have danced in a few different cities and have never seen drugs in the workplace until NYC. Afemale host at Sapphire actually walked across my stage one time with what looked like a bag of white powder in her hand in order to get from one side of the club to another. I think a lot of clubs have this issue in nyc, with the exception of Ricks. Maybe I'm naÔve, but I've never seen it in any other city.

Phone use is generally not prohibited for customers but it is for dancers, which I found super strange and different from any other city I've ever worked. The customer is always right. The clubs get away with what I think is a lot of illegal activity from an employmentrights perspective, and there isn't really a way to fight it unless you have a lot of friends at the club.

To sum up, dancing in NYC can have potential for a very good wage. However, there are other cities that I think would pose less of a headache. Dancing in nyc can be super high-energy and competitive. You need to be very glammed up, have very good proportions and I'd say the sultry look wins with club management over the girl-next-door. I think that there are similarities with Vegas and NYC in terms of competitiveness and how impersonal the industry is, event the look that's desired,so maybe you won't see much of a difference.
    Last edited by ZeroSugarMonster; 11-13-2018 at 06:38 PM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZeroSugarMonster For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you so much for your reply. I just DM'd Ariel as you suggested! Thank you