Thread: How to word things that won't get you in trouble

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Default How to word things that won't get you in trouble

I read an article about 10 women arrested in a Casselberry strip club how one woman said she would "party" with him which includes, "whatever you want."

Where I work the safest word that'll keep us from getting charged is "play"

Would words like satisfy, have a good time, or make you feel good get you in trouble with the undercover cops?

Just advice on how to sell dances legally without getting into trouble.

Sorry if this has confused some of you..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to calicowhisper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,778 Times in 3,236 Posts

Default Re: How to word things that won't get you in trouble

I was always under the impression that what you mention is perfectly fine.

We have to be licensed here & there's nothing in the contract we sign about verbiage - you would only get charged for actual touching acts or literally offering to meet up with an undercover OTC. If someone is doing extras, I believe the cop would literally have to see them being done/receive them.

Sooo.... I guess depending on your area's legalities, think of cute phrases to use that are legal. If it's that strict, I'd use "I'm ready to go play with you!" , "Let's go have some fun", "I'm ready to get topless now!" etc. Either vague enough (first two), or specific enough that you're definitely not insinuating anything else (last one).
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."
    - Lux ATL

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

Quote Originally Posted by crystalize View Post
    Ok so i gotta turn up the moronic drunk slut

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,945 Times in 2,894 Posts

I feel like this should be in Ladies Only. There are too many eyes here. It all depends on where you live and the laws where you are. Where I live people can get busted just for saying anything that might imply that sex or sex acts may occur. Cops can legally engage in sex or sex acts with you and arrest you afterwards after they've gotten their rocks off where I live. It's really hard to say what's safe words in your area. I suppose you could say,"Lets go have fun in VIP" but do not specify or allude to any sex acts. I've seen someone get busted for telling a guy that he would have a very happy ending in the VIP room.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I try to be transparent with the guys and tell them it's just a dance. The closest I got with saying something inappropriate was when a guy wanted to know what the rules in the vip were and I said, "We make our own," and as it turns out this particular guy just wanted to stare into my eyes most of the vip time. Of course, this wasn't in LA and definitely not in NYC. One club in NYC actually threatened us with arrest by mentioning frequent raids at their establishment during orientation to deter us from going into too much detail about vip rooms, including the prices and the fact that they were skimming as much as 70% off of what the customers paid. What I've started telling guys lately is that if we get a couple of hours in the vip, a free nap is included. That never makes the sale immediately, but at least it makes them laugh and then when they're done laughing, they might buy dances. Also, I try to emphasize that for more money for the vip, the guy is basically paying for more space and more privacy in which to enjoy each other's company. If your club includes complementary drinks with the vip, maybe mention that as well? Also, I sometimes mention the fact that a vip is actually like buying dances in bulk, such that the total value of vip is a savings relative to buying the same amount of time in dances on the main floor but in a more comfortable environment. All this blabber doesn't actually sell the vip, I don't think, for me at least. Usually, it's either the guy wants to spend money on you or not and you fill the time talking about whatever until the guy is ready to dance, and if he likes you enough, to dance with you.
    Last edited by ZeroSugarMonster; 11-09-2018 at 05:00 AM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ZeroSugarMonster For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Cops are bad where I live, I never insinuate anything other than a dance.

We need to unionize and organize tbh, this is ridiculous, no other legal worker is as policed as we are. Anything we say could be construed by a pig in a bad mood as "solicitation", we can't have our SOs in the club (if you kiss them or go home with them it's prostitution), we can't touch our own bodies how we want, consenting adults touching each other is considered a prostitution charge, we have to wear "legal" thongs, our heels have to be a certain height, is we are even a little bit suggestive that our sex work job is sexual in nature (gasp) by using "suggestive" language (which is subjective from person to person. "play" to a lot of people means "sex"). Ridiculous that this even has to be a thread.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babb For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I also hate it when the blame falls entirely on the worker. A lot of times, as in NOLA raids, the blame for workers potentially engaging in wrongdoings like drugs or extras falls entirely in the club. In CA, a nude, non-alcohol club can get shut down for example if there's a drunk girl who is obviously very drunk. Then you have places in nyc, like Sapphire, who just hands the girls over for 'saying the wrong thing on the floor' (wtf does that even mean?) while customers get away with all sorts of questionable conduct as long as they're paying the club. If you think about it, each arrest equals a lot of money for the local pd. All of nyc is one big circus with pd that is all kinds of unscrupulous, with a great working relationship with a lot of the clubs discussed on here, and it's always the worker thrown under the bus. I personally think the clubs and dancers should share responsibility 50/50 when rules are broken. No one wants their club shut down bc of a dancer feeding drugs to customers, alcohol in a non-alcohol club, clubs enabling trafficking, under age workers, workers working illegaly, etc. At the same time, a club that functions as a pimp shouldn't hand off it's own workers to the local pd as a means of pay-off.
    Last edited by ZeroSugarMonster; 11-24-2018 at 12:03 AM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZeroSugarMonster For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,869 Times in 743 Posts

I skate by saying things like, "You've never gone to VIP? I have to take you," or even "I don't kiss and tell" when the customer presses me about what he gets. They're cheesy lines, but not illegal to my knowledge, and it's not like the best customers grill you about what happens anyway. So they aren't worth the time it would take to use better lines imo.

The chain ZeroSugarMonster mentioned and Scores skeeve me out. But the money at Scores seems to have dried up because it gained the reputation for having girls who will drug you. So even if I could have some guarantee that nonsense won't get pinned on me, I would rather stay in chains that are less likely to get busted in the first place.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lol1337a For This Useful Post:

Featured Member trustfundkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,969 Times in 799 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

"Play" is a sufficient word if that's what you can get away with. I can see how that dancer got in trouble for using the word "party" because if someone asks me if I party, or if we can "party" back there, I assume they're referring to drugs. If someone asks me what will happen in the VIP, I say "I can't give away all my secrets, but I've been told my ass looks great from behind." referring to lap dances. It's suggestive but I've never ran into problems with it.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Party is definitely not the word to use for vip, unless someone is bringing balloons.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZeroSugarMonster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,834 Times in 6,297 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by WendiStarr View Post
    I feel like this should be in Ladies Only. There are too many eyes here. It all depends on where you live and the laws where you are. Where I live people can get busted just for saying anything that might imply that sex or sex acts may occur. Cops can legally engage in sex or sex acts with you and arrest you afterwards after they've gotten their rocks off where I live. It's really hard to say what's safe words in your area. I suppose you could say,"Lets go have fun in VIP" but do not specify or allude to any sex acts. I've seen someone get busted for telling a guy that he would have a very happy ending in the VIP room.
    Auora sunset is the mod in this section so someone would have to ask her if it’s possible to move the thread

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I'm so boring with my VIP sales pitch lol.

The guy: "Soo... if we go to VIP what goes on in there?"
    Me: "We get to talk & I can take off my clothes...... "
    the guy: "So like.... dances kinda?"
    Me: "Yah pretty much, except it's a bit more private & you can drink if you want"

lol.
    I am literally just like... this is what it is. Take it or leave it.
    This is why guys always have to ask me to go, because I'm not insinuating shit. I don't have the mental energy to deal with some dude thinking I'm gonna f*ck him in VIP due to me being flirtatious, its time and more privacy and thats it.

Featured Member
    Thanks

The only thing I'd caution dancers against in terms of playing it safe is the sentence construction, "It's just ... [nothing special compared to other dances]."

It's important legally speaking to phrase things in a way to reduce liability, and not to bait and switch customers who might take violent revenge, but I cringe when I hear co-workers say "It's just [nothing worthwhile]." Purely from a sales standpoint. Our first priority must be staying safe, but beyond that? Don't downplay the worth of a customer's opportunity to be alone with you if at all possible! It's a premium, worthwhile, and legal service we can offer. Don't downplay it with a "just." An upsell requires added value, and being alone with a customer while offering full attention is a luxury. There are far better ways to promote a luxury service than "just a dance in private." Your statements in this vein might make it harder for co-workers who pitch VIP as such.

However everyone's hustle is different and that sentence construction may work for you, without impacting everyone else's (legal) sales pitches. Just proceed with caution both in terms of your own legal liability and other dancers' sales please

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lol1337a For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lol1337a View Post
    The only thing I'd caution dancers against in terms of playing it safe is the sentence construction, "It's just ... [nothing special compared to other dances]."

It's important legally speaking to phrase things in a way to reduce liability, and not to bait and switch customers who might take violent revenge, but I cringe when I hear co-workers say "It's just [nothing worthwhile]." Purely from a sales standpoint. Our first priority must be staying safe, but beyond that? Don't downplay the worth of a customer's opportunity to be alone with you if at all possible! It's a premium, worthwhile, and legal service we can offer. Don't downplay it with a "just." An upsell requires added value, and being alone with a customer while offering full attention is a luxury. There are far better ways to promote a luxury service than "just a dance in private." Your statements in this vein might make it harder for co-workers who pitch VIP as such.

However everyone's hustle is different and that sentence construction may work for you, without impacting everyone else's (legal) sales pitches. Just proceed with caution both in terms of your own legal liability and other dancers' sales please

*warning my response will sound arrogant af*

I agree some girls work better with being more flirtatious and less matter of fact with customers. I don't downplay the experience but I also don't lead the customer to believe something is going to happen either. I am most often the most beautiful girl at any club I've ever worked, and yes I've worked in all the big cities with gorgeous girls. The leg up I have is that I am very business minded and intelligent, and men that spend on me often do so because of the depths at which I can take the conversation intellectually, not sexually.
    So frankly, imo, them even having me speak to them is a luxury, let alone spend time with them. And honestly I wish more dancers put the extra effort in their mind and appearance at work and maintained high standards like that when it comes to customer interaction.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NYC.Bianca For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,532 Times in 4,165 Posts

"The bigger the gift, the bigger the reward" (a vague way to talk about dance pricing without saying something specific.)

"Don't you want to get me all hot?" (Frames the interaction to be more about your response than doing anything specific for the customer.)

"Let's talk about you..." (A vague way to lead into making the customer be specific to a detail. Which allows you to go ahead and address that you can't do or promise anything illegal.)

edit to add- state laws can vary so much about what is exactly illegal in a county or city. You have to craft your hustles and sales pitches to fit what is acceptable where you are working.
    He who controls the spice controls the universe, chingada madre

Ah this is like the full circle of military life, the adventure, the danger, the Jodie

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Haha Bianca, it doesn't sound like you're lowering the perception of VIP room value in your club then. To be clear though I'm in no way saying a dancer should bait and switch or insinuate they'll do something they won't. (This is a thread about legal sales pitches, so obviously this goes for dancers promising extras and delivering them too -- also very bad.) But in a couple clubs I've worked at, many dancers don't bother selling VIP, and essentially tell customers it's not worth it. At one of those clubs MGMT has even started encouraging them to phrase it in a way that doesn't devalue it entirely. It doesn't mean my sales are ruined, but it can easily affect what pitch I need to use so it often throws a wrench in things for dancers who do sell them.
    Last edited by lol1337a; 11-28-2018 at 03:07 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to lol1337a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,532 Times in 4,165 Posts

This is going to sound strange but one way to avoid saying something that WILL get you busted is to rely on the concept of basic human kindness....OR just remembering what your managers explained in regards to what local rules are.

For example, if you have someone coming in on the regular to see you and he naturally starts pushing to see you outside the club, just say "Baby....what we have here is so incredible and special. It's going to end if we see each other outside of here. & I'm not allowed to go out with people I meet here." In a nice way you're giving a legal-ese answer that says "We only see each other here."

& If you get a guy who will not shut up about specific things (like the kind of things that cause problems) just tell a bouncer or a manager. Trust me, these guys say that to EVERY girl.
    He who controls the spice controls the universe, chingada madre

Ah this is like the full circle of military life, the adventure, the danger, the Jodie

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lol1337a View Post
    Haha Bianca, it doesn't sound like you're lowering the perception of VIP room value in your club then. To be clear though I'm in no way saying a dancer should bait and switch or insinuate they'll do something they won't. (This is a thread about legal sales pitches, so obviously this goes for dancers promising extras and delivering them too -- also very bad.) But in a couple clubs I've worked at, many dancers don't bother selling VIP, and essentially tell customers it's not worth it. At one of those clubs MGMT has even started encouraging them to phrase it in a way that doesn't devalue it entirely. It doesn't mean my sales are ruined, but it can easily affect what pitch I need to use so it often throws a wrench in things for dancers who do sell them.

Yah I think some girls have just had bad experiences with VIP or get upset the house can take so much or they don't like the potential of dealing with a bad customer who doesn't tip. So many girls will just focus on dances only, or sitting with customers. I try and gauge each customer and see how they like to spend money first before I suggest what we should do. Some guys are cool spending $300 more frequently rather than big lump sums of money, those guys you usually want to hustle a lot of dances from instead.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to NYC.Bianca For This Useful Post: