Thread: Anyone do fitness competitions?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default Anyone do fitness competitions?

If any of you ladies do, damn! I would love to see your diet/workout routine. I know sleep plays a huge role in muscle growth and performance so if you can share how you schedule that around a mainly night job.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,332 Times in 782 Posts
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone do fitness competitions?

I’ve done them. Im studying to be a personal trainer. You will need a trainer if you’re serious. You have to practice posing and need to know what’s okay and not okay. Check out the NANFB website. Also they do a polygraph drug test I don’t know if that’s an issue. You can Check out my friends Facebook called guns n poses. She does online training. I did have to pay a trainer just to learn the basics of weightlifting, but I’m getting really good on my own, so I just do it all online now. She sends them to me once a week and I do it on my own. She tells me what my macros are.

It’s takes about a year to prep and bikinis are expensive. My first year I spent at least $2000 between trainers, bikinis, memberships fees, and the other beauty stuff. Thankfully I’m a dancer, so I can make my money back on looking good. It’s a lot fun, but it’s hard work.

I just workout as soon as I get up and track my calories from waking up to going back to bed.
    Last edited by Ifyouseekamy; 11-01-2018 at 03:20 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouseekamy View Post
    Iíve done them. Im studying to be a personal trainer. You will need a trainer if youíre serious. You have to practice posing and need to know whatís okay and not okay. Check out the NANFB website. Also they do a polygraph drug test I donít know if thatís an issue. You can Check out my friends Facebook called guns n poses. She does online training. I did have to pay a trainer just to learn the basics of weightlifting, but Iím getting really good on my own, so I just do it all online now. She sends them to me once a week and I do it on my own. She tells me what my macros are.

Itís takes about a year to prep and bikinis are expensive. My first year I spent at least $2000 between trainers, bikinis, memberships fees, and the other beauty stuff. Thankfully Iím a dancer, so I can make my money back on looking good. Itís a lot fun, but itís hard work.

I just workout as soon as I get up and track my calories from waking up to going back to bed.
    Has it helped you with your training career to do them? Did you find them rewarding? I did one years ago but it took years to get my confidence back in my body after seeing it get so lean. I basically just paid a girl to do my diet plan. I find they are such great goals to stay motivated and in damn good shape. It's not very often I've seen a very fit girl like one that could go on the competition stage next week and I think it's a great niche.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bananaqueen View Post
    Has it helped you with your training career to do them? Did you find them rewarding? I did one years ago but it took years to get my confidence back in my body after seeing it get so lean. I basically just paid a girl to do my diet plan. I find they are such great goals to stay motivated and in damn good shape. It's not very often I've seen a very fit girl like one that could go on the competition stage next week and I think it's a great niche.
    Yes, as far as being a trainer being a competition trainer is where the money is at. So I’ve heard from other trainers.

I don’t know anyone that’s stage ready all the time. I mean we all lost our fat the month to two weeks before competition. I’m focusing on putting muscle on now. I try to not obsess about my looks. I want to be fit; not skinny. Which is what happens when most girl diet and just do cardio. Nothing wrong with being skinny fat (what my trainer scares me with when I wanted to drastically cut my calories), but I’d rather have muscle than just be skinny.

I have to stay in maintenance or it easy to fall off the fitness wagon.

After my competition, I went crazy and ate cheesecake, nachos, candy, Casey’s pizza etc. I won’t do that next time. If you don’t reverse diet it can be bad. I had really bad self esteem after I put on my weight, and a few haters rubbed it in my face. Reverse dieting should help. It happens a lot. I’ll ask my trainer about it next time.i think reverse dieting should do the trick.
    Last edited by Ifyouseekamy; 11-01-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouseekamy View Post
    Yes, as far as being a trainer being a competition trainer is where the money is at. So Iíve heard from other trainers.

I donít know anyone thatís stage ready all the time. I mean we all lost our fat the month to two weeks before competition. Iím focusing on putting muscle on now. I try to not obsess about my looks. I want to be fit; not skinny. Which is what happens when most girl diet and just do cardio. Nothing wrong with being skinny fat (what my trainer scares me with when I wanted to drastically cut my calories), but Iíd rather have muscle than just be skinny.

I have to stay in maintenance or it easy to fall off the fitness wagon.
    Interesting that that's where the money's at. I guess lots of girls want to compete. I mean I've maybe met 3 or 4 personally that do but we're not everywhere. That's so true about the maintenance and falling off. How many times do you aim to lift a week while in maintenance? Ideally for me I'd like to fluctuate 5-10 lbs MAX when trying to build. I did bikini and plan to do bikini again so they are a bit softer than say figure. I also like more muscle and toned look than just skinny. It's easier to be skinny than fit lol cause there's more work involved I get you about obsessing which can be a trap. I remember every morning the first thing I used to do was rush to the mirror to see if I had abs yet lol.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bananaqueen For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bananaqueen View Post
    Interesting that that's where the money's at. I guess lots of girls want to compete. I mean I've maybe met 3 or 4 personally that do but we're not everywhere. That's so true about the maintenance and falling off. How many times do you aim to lift a week while in maintenance? Ideally for me I'd like to fluctuate 5-10 lbs MAX when trying to build. I did bikini and plan to do bikini again so they are a bit softer than say figure. I also like more muscle and toned look than just skinny. It's easier to be skinny than fit lol cause there's more work involved I get you about obsessing which can be a trap. I remember every morning the first thing I used to do was rush to the mirror to see if I had abs yet lol.
    3 days a week with a butt and yoga day. Three is perfect with this job full time. Anymore than that and Im dying.