Thread: What airliners do you prefer?

Thanks

Default What airliners do you prefer?

Going on a trip soon. Usually do southwest but wanna try other airliners.

Pro's of the one you prefer? Cons?

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Default Re: What airliners do you prefer?

If you’re traveling without luggage for a fairly short flight, Spirit is good for that. Otherwise, I’ve flown mostly Southwest. United, I’ve flown for one trip. If you’re in a newer aircraft, they have consoles on the seat backs where you can watch movies and charge your phone at no additional cost, IF you’re fortunate enough to get one of those aircraft.
    I twist the truth, I rule the world. My crown is called deceit. I am the emperor of lies.You grovel at my feet . I rob you and I slaughter you. Your downfall is my gain. And still you play the sycophant. And revel in your pain. And all my promises are lies. All my love is hate. I am the politician. And I decide your fate.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

When I saw the thread title I thought she wrote "eyeliners" lol

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Secret Shelly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,344 Times in 2,141 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

I'm a frequent flier on one of the big carriers because I have to travel to a lot of different places, but it is not my favorite. I like Jetblue the best when I can fly them. The seats are fairly comfortable and the TVs in the back of each seat help the time go by.

Someone else mentioned Spirit, but when you fly that airline you have to factor in the extra fees. They charge extra for carry-on bags, extra for choosing a seat in advance and even charge for water or soda during the flight. So what looks like a really good price becomes much less so quickly when you add all the added fees. Also, I find the seats to be uncomfortable.

Good luck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,762 Times in 709 Posts

Like others have said, Spirit is fine and very cheap as long as you don't have luggage to check. You will also want to avoid connecting flights with them, as they are terrible at compensation for issues last I heard.

I don't fly a ton so I'm not sure whether it's a good value, but I like Virgin flights for longer trips. The food and drink situation there is nicer than other US based airlines I've used recently.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lol1337a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,588 Times in 3,794 Posts

SouthWest……..
    Beware the Pinkie Drama Queen...w000000 LA Woman, You're My Woman- The Doors

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,112 Times in 1,495 Posts

I like American Airlines
    Now he said it a third time, and Ona drew a deep breath;

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lynn2009 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Who the hell takes a flight with no luggage? I could see minimal luggage-but how could you not have at least one bag or suitcase? Does Spirit even charge for only one bag?

I like Southwest because of the 2 checked bags free and low rates usually.

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by blondhottie View Post
    Who the hell takes a flight with no luggage? I could see minimal luggage-but how could you not have at least one bag or suitcase? Does Spirit even charge for only one bag?

Yes, it happens sometimes - particularly with people taking 'hidden cities' flights where it's cheaper to book a flight to a different destination with a layover where they're going than it would be to take a ticket that terminated where they're offloading. They'll simply disembark the plane at their true destination and not board their connecting flight. However, you can only bring a carry-on bag when you do this, because checked baggage will proceed to the final destination.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/52766...e-advantage-it for a little further reading on this.

Not all flights are for vacations or long trips. When I flew that way with Spirit, I had some underwear and socks in my purse. Once I arrived at my destination, I took a cab to the body builder who had assembled a truck ordered by my company, and drove it back to the company yard. They put me in a rather nice hotel which provided toiletries the night I had to stay in a hotel, so I didn't need to pack shampoo and such.

And yes, Spirit does charge for checked baggage. Another one who uses similar practices is Frontier.

Southwest rates are low now because they bought massive amounts of fuel when it was particularly cheap. Once they run through that, their rates will start being on par with other major carriers.
    I twist the truth, I rule the world. My crown is called deceit. I am the emperor of lies.You grovel at my feet . I rob you and I slaughter you. Your downfall is my gain. And still you play the sycophant. And revel in your pain. And all my promises are lies. All my love is hate. I am the politician. And I decide your fate.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,344 Times in 2,141 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Yes, Spirit charges for a carry-on. You can bring one personal item free of charge if it will fit under the seat in front of you, but anything larger than a computer bag or very small backpack, such as a small roller suitcase or decent sized duffel bag will be charged. You also need to bring water with you or else you will need to buy it on board if you get thirsty.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Wow! Good for you. I wish I could travel that light! My hat is off to you! You're a true free spirit!

Quote Originally Posted by AChildOfBoredom View Post
    ...<snip>
    Not all flights are for vacations or long trips. When I flew that way with Spirit, I had some underwear and socks in my purse. Once I arrived at my destination, I took a cab to the body builder who had assembled a truck ordered by my company, and drove it back to the company yard. They put me in a rather nice hotel which provided toiletries the night I had to stay in a hotel, so I didn't need to pack shampoo and such.... <snip>
    Originally Posted by anjelina
    I don't know what it is about me that says "wife me up." Everyone wants to choke me or date me. Or both. This job is weird.

Originally Posted by Nocturnelle
    ... Kittens are assholes but they're just so darn cute.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CFMNH44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I travel about three weeks out of every month.....so try to be loyal to one carrier to keep my upgrade status up. Delta is my preferred....and gives me best options for routes needed from South Florida.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Delta or United for domestic.

British Airways and KLM for international.

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by CFMNH44 View Post
    Wow! Good for you. I wish I could travel that light! My hat is off to you! You're a true free spirit!
    Well, I was only out for two days, so not a huge deal. And I think I may have gotten my airlines mixed up… I think that flight was actually with Frontier.

Worst flight I’ve ever taken was the one back from Afghanistan. Across the Pacific in the back of a C-17, having to stay on a stretcher the entire time.

Thanks

Delta has flights as cheap as $40 one way. Don’t book a round trip do one way and book on Week days.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pokahantas For This Useful Post:

Featured Member trustfundkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,530 Times in 689 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I usually book American because it's most convenient out of my airport. I'm going to find out how much I like them. I booked a ticket via Priceline and decided to fly another week, so I cancelled the ticket. I was in my 24 hour free cancellation period so I should be given a refund. I called American to double check and they said the process of refunding has started but it can take up to 7 business days. From a few Google searches I've seen people complaining about it being 2 months after a 24-hour cancellation and they still haven't received the money back.

Amazing how they can take the money out of your account in seconds but it takes eons to return it It might not be that big a deal if I do get the money back in 7 business days but I'm concerned.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by Pokahantas View Post
    Delta has flights as cheap as $40 one way. Don’t book a round trip do one way and book on Week days.
    Gosh. I don't like the hassle of air flights and they started to nickle and dime you. I would prefer a luxury bus depending upon the distance.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,588 Times in 3,794 Posts

This thread is a good place to put in a good word for airline miles credit cards.
    Beware the Pinkie Drama Queen...w000000 LA Woman, You're My Woman- The Doors

28. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,301 Times in 598 Posts

Most of the times I fly, my trips are not overnight. So I just have a briefcase. For business flights, I fly first class on AA or I take my Cirrus. I'm a AAdvantage member with a AAdvantage credit card. So, first class gets me a big mileage multiplier, I board first, and all the goodies. First Class doesn't really compare favorably with a private jet. And trust me, I'm running the numbers. But for me, I'm not ready to sink that kind of money into my travel budget. It is fun though to take a charter from time to time. For airliners, my favorite is First Class in a MD-80. Super quiet, and very nice seats/ride. Next up is just about any Airbus product in First Class. Coach, the MD-80 is still the quietest and I love the two seat side of the plane.

My Cirrus is pretty nice. It's way faster than the airlines if I have to change planes. So, long non-stops I usually opt for AA. If it involves a change of planes, I usually go with the Cirrus. The noise in the Cirrus is a lot worse than any jet. But, Bose fixes that problem, for the most part.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,550 Times in 2,608 Posts

Which Cirrus model do you have? Their latest jet looks really cool.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,301 Times in 598 Posts

I have a SR22G3. I got a demo flight in the Cirrus Jet. I'm so tempted...so so so tempted!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Zofia For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I love Southwest. I've been forced to use priceline though as of late to help reduce my travel costs and it just assigns you random times and airlines at a discount, so that could be a way to try out different airlines. I do not like Delta.