Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: What do you have from camming/clip making?

  1. #51
    God/dess minniesoporno's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,047
    Thanks
    1,119
    Thanked 4,891 Times in 2,087 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Blog Entries
    75

    Default Re: What do you have from camming/clip making?

    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousbbw View Post
    I am very inspired by this thread however I do have a different experience when it comes to this.

    I have been in this industry since 2012 mainly camming but also making videos and phone sex.
    I am a single mom of two and I have some autoimmune issues which make it very hard for me to work 40 hours a week
    I would say on a good day i can work 4 to 5 hours consecutively.
    When i total my average earnings for the month on a good month I average about $1400 which i know is NOTHING compared to most girls here. I am one of those living paycheck to paycheck, struggling to make ends meet in this industry. I am doing everything on my part to better my content and my cam shows yet my average earning always stays the same between 40-60 dollars a day on a good day. I pay about $1500 in rent and bills so my expenses are exceeding my income at this time. In order for me to pay everything I have to work every single day with 0 days off. I am burnt out and exhausted to say the least. My financial stress makes me even more sick. But I am responsible for supporting my family all alone so I do this every single day, wake up and do it again. I would love to be able to save money and create an emergency fund but I don't see how. This is just my experience and it has been this way for years. I can't be the only one.

    How can girls like me struggling very much to make a living in this industry ever save money or budget properly if we are not making enough to begin with.
    Basically if you have reach your maximum earnings you need to create additional income. the whole lowering your expenses can only go so far where you just need more income coming in from different sources. and not all in the same industry.

    out of curiosity I applied on rev.com to be a transcriber I got hired but the job is hard on me for the level of concentration on listening so you can write out the exact words they say so it can be submitted so you are paid for the job. pays weekly they pay you for the training as well. if I can figure out how to have a quiet room i might keep doing it as it does challenge me. but if it frustrates me too much I won't keep doing it.

    There are plenty of things to do online it's just a matter of finding which ones you like to do and will stick with it. majority of how i make money over the years has always been at home. last time i left the house for a job was 2008. and at this point with the opportunities I am finding its a life time of working from home.
    Skype - MinnieRileyX

    My Video Camgirl Income Journey to Financial Freedom

    [NEW BLOG] How I went from broke burnt out cam girl to … Super Affiliate GIRL BOSS

    $100,000 Webcam Goal Chart - Income Calculator


    “If you really want something, go ahead—put all your eggs in one basket. But make sure those eggs are golden.”
    “You can lose everything, but one thing you cannot afford to lose is your fearless mindset.”



  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minniesoporno For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    God/dess laurielegs's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2010
    Location
    USA, northeast
    Posts
    5,497
    Thanks
    18,346
    Thanked 12,131 Times in 3,658 Posts

    Default Re: What do you have from camming/clip making?

    Quote Originally Posted by gorgeousbbw View Post
    I am very inspired by this thread however I do have a different experience when it comes to this.

    I have been in this industry since 2012 mainly camming but also making videos and phone sex.
    I am a single mom of two and I have some autoimmune issues which make it very hard for me to work 40 hours a week
    I would say on a good day i can work 4 to 5 hours consecutively.
    When i total my average earnings for the month on a good month I average about $1400 which i know is NOTHING compared to most girls here. I am one of those living paycheck to paycheck, struggling to make ends meet in this industry. I am doing everything on my part to better my content and my cam shows yet my average earning always stays the same between 40-60 dollars a day on a good day. I pay about $1500 in rent and bills so my expenses are exceeding my income at this time. In order for me to pay everything I have to work every single day with 0 days off. I am burnt out and exhausted to say the least. My financial stress makes me even more sick. But I am responsible for supporting my family all alone so I do this every single day, wake up and do it again. I would love to be able to save money and create an emergency fund but I don't see how. This is just my experience and it has been this way for years. I can't be the only one.

    How can girls like me struggling very much to make a living in this industry ever save money or budget properly if we are not making enough to begin with.
    I can relate to the physical difficulties. I have days where I just simply can not work due to illness, and I battle several chronic issues on and off.

    I didn't really start to bring in enough money until I learned to splitcam and gradually bought better and better equipment where I can stream 3 live sites and have several private-only no-free-chat sites running at the same time (skyprivate and other skype based sites plus Niteflirt). When you have physical issues and limited time to cam your hourly money that comes in is super important to maximize.

    Also be sure you're charging a good rate (at least $3.99 to 7.99). When your rates are too low you can not really splitcam that much because they wear you out with their frequent short sessions, but I found when I raised my price even though I was in free chat longer, I made more from each session and was able to just pause the other free chat sites while I did a show on another. It's worked out really well once I learned to juggle them all.



  4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    God/dess xxxGothBarbie's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Location
    your left hand
    Posts
    2,959
    Thanks
    3,302
    Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,110 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default Re: What do you have from camming/clip making?

    I had to learn the hard way before I got into camming about saving money. When I was a stripper for 15 years or so I always made good $$$ but sadly that also came with my impulse retail therapy alongside rent, car insurance, groceries, gas, traveling trips. It came to a point where I hated the state I lived in (which caused major depression for me), my car was literally about to die (engine was done) that I had ZERO money saved & also was getting tired of dancing itself but I had no emergency funds whatsoever which really sucked.

    Anyways, I now have more money saved thankfully than I've ever had even with dancing but that's bc I learned to live like I am poor & became VERY resourceful. I'm obsessed with Madonna & loved her money saving tactics she had before she was famous ,which I applied to my own life. Things I learned to do to save $$$ was to find extremely cheap rent(roommates don't bother me that much), I never buy expensive makeup, skincare or hair care. I always go to Sephora & load up on free samples on everything I love there. I'll only spend $$ on what I need such as hair color which I only use cheaper brands that are just as good, drugstore makeup which are complete dupes of the expensive stuff, and I reuse other things when I can. I also don't buy anything unless I must such as car repairs, food, etc.

    If I do spoil myself on stuff, it's a rare thing & it must be something I want as well as need right then. I take handouts if offered & I also do those restaurant surveys for free food when I can which saves big $$$.

    Yes some may see me as a complete cheapskate LOL but I honestly don't care! Seeing my bank account rising with every payout from my sites gives me power. Right now I'm able to save more due to my current living situation thankfully.

    I can now move where I want when I want without limitations.

    Save & live like a pauper for a couple years & you will have something to show for I promise

    Oh yes! Btw don't be silly & have car payments if you can. That right there was always my big no no bc it came with full coverage insurance which is waaaay too expensive for a monthly thing. Everything I own is mine & paid for
    Last edited by xxxGothBarbie; 11-15-2018 at 11:21 PM.
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

    "Respect is a dying art"

    "Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"


  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:


  7. #54
    Featured Member bigbootyjudy1's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    945
    Thanks
    7,202
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 697 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

    Default Re: What do you have from camming/clip making?

    Im such a basic bitch . I use movie maker and my logitech c920 for clip making.Later on im hoping to update my equipment for video making.Right now since camming is my main income im not to worried about super high quality for clips.These guys are hella spoiled, any clips priced 15.99 or higher is too expensive.IF they want cheaper clips their gonna get basic clip quality lol.
    Last edited by bigbootyjudy1; 11-16-2018 at 10:49 AM.

  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bigbootyjudy1 For This Useful Post:


  9. #55
    Featured Member bigbootyjudy1's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    945
    Thanks
    7,202
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 697 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

    Default Re: What do you have from camming/clip making?

    Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    I had to learn the hard way before I got into camming about saving money. When I was a stripper for 15 years or so I always made good $$$ but sadly that also came with my impulse retail therapy alongside rent, car insurance, groceries, gas, traveling trips. It came to a point where I hated the state I lived in (which caused major depression for me), my car was literally about to die (engine was done) that I had ZERO money saved & also was getting tired of dancing itself but I had no emergency funds whatsoever which really sucked.

    Anyways, I now have more money saved thankfully than I've ever had even with dancing but that's bc I learned to live like I am poor & became VERY resourceful. I'm obsessed with Madonna & loved her money saving tactics she had before she was famous ,which I applied to my own life. Things I learned to do to save $$$ was to find extremely cheap rent(roommates don't bother me that much), I never buy expensive makeup, skincare or hair care. I always go to Sephora & load up on free samples on everything I love there. I'll only spend $$ on what I need such as hair color which I only use cheaper brands that are just as good, drugstore makeup which are complete dupes of the expensive stuff, and I reuse other things when I can. I also don't buy anything unless I must such as car repairs, food, etc.

    If I do spoil myself on stuff, it's a rare thing & it must be something I want as well as need right then. I take handouts if offered & I also do those restaurant surveys for free food when I can which saves big $$$.

    Yes some may see me as a complete cheapskate LOL but I honestly don't care! Seeing my bank account rising with every payout from my sites gives me power. Right now I'm able to save more due to my current living situation thankfully.

    I can now move where I want when I want without limitations.

    Save & live like a pauper for a couple years & you will have something to show for I promise

    Oh yes! Btw don't be silly & have car payments if you can. That right there was always my big no no bc it came with full coverage insurance which is waaaay too expensive for a monthly thing. Everything I own is mine & paid for
    Yeesssss!! Yesss and more yesssss! I'm a big cheapskate and proud of it.Ill be damn if i leave this industry without nothing to show for it.It doesn't matter how much money i have i will always use coupons,promo codes when shopping online.

    I also prefer drugstore makeup for camming .I use my expensive Makeup for offline lol.IF you want to look flawless online or while recording clips invest in a ringlight . The one i have is super awesome and portable.HEre's the link ladies

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bigbootyjudy1 For This Useful Post:


  11. #56
    God/dess xxxGothBarbie's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Location
    your left hand
    Posts
    2,959
    Thanks
    3,302
    Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,110 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default Re: What do you have from camming/clip making?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbootyjudy1 View Post
    Yeesssss!! Yesss and more yesssss! I'm a big cheapskate and proud of it.Ill be damn if i leave this industry without nothing to show for it.It doesn't matter how much money i have i will always use coupons,promo codes when shopping online.

    I also prefer drugstore makeup for camming .I use my expensive Makeup for offline lol.IF you want to look flawless online or while recording clips invest in a ringlight . The one i have is super awesome and portable.HEre's the link ladies

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Preach girl <3 I'm with you 100%, if these guys think I'm gonna use my high end makeup on cam for them, they're nuts LOL I LOVE being a cheapskate actually haha ,I walk in Sephora like I own the damn place asking for samples galore & they actually last me awhile Also for perfumes same deal, I just can't fathom spending hundreds on fancy perfume to only litter my small space when I'm tired of using it.

    It honestly takes awhile to get used to living so cheaply but I'm now used to it & have a nice little cushion in my bank as a result of it
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

    "Respect is a dying art"

    "Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"


  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:


  13. #57
    Member MsConstrued's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 40 Times in 19 Posts

    Default Re: What do you have from camming/clip making?

    Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    Preach girl <3 I'm with you 100%, if these guys think I'm gonna use my high end makeup on cam for them, they're nuts LOL I LOVE being a cheapskate actually haha ,I walk in Sephora like I own the damn place asking for samples galore & they actually last me awhile Also for perfumes same deal, I just can't fathom spending hundreds on fancy perfume to only litter my small space when I'm tired of using it.

    It honestly takes awhile to get used to living so cheaply but I'm now used to it & have a nice little cushion in my bank as a result of it
    If you ladies are interested in cheap but GOOD... check out the ELF brand at Walmart. They're like a few bucks and they have everything! I was floored bby how flawless it looks on cam. It's all I use now.
    ~Ms Construed
    Twitter: @MissConstrued13

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsConstrued For This Useful Post:


  15. #58
    God/dess xxxGothBarbie's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Location
    your left hand
    Posts
    2,959
    Thanks
    3,302
    Thanked 2,323 Times in 1,110 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default Re: What do you have from camming/clip making?

    Quote Originally Posted by MsConstrued View Post
    If you ladies are interested in cheap but GOOD... check out the ELF brand at Walmart. They're like a few bucks and they have everything! I was floored bby how flawless it looks on cam. It's all I use now.
    I have a few things from Elf, I like their brushes & lip sticks.
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

    "Respect is a dying art"

    "Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"


  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:


Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Question regarding my clip making video camcorder...
    By Natalie0523 in forum Industry Insight
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2016, 06:56 PM
  2. Clip making guide?
    By JettaNyx in forum Camming Connection
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 09:40 AM
  3. Advice for clip making
    By Aurora14 in forum Industry Insight
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-21-2013, 07:43 PM
  4. Making my own clip-in hair extensions
    By hollow in forum Body Business
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2012, 11:42 PM
  5. Making a Sample Clip for advertising much do you show?
    By starrgirl81 in forum Other Work
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2011, 05:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •