Thread: Howd you learn to dance

Thanks

Dizzy Howd you learn to dance

im a newbie. last year i had a job dancing at a very nice upscale gentlemans club. i was awkward but i made money here and there and i really liked it (i was only three 3 months i forget why i left i think i got self consious and couldnt shake it). i would have a drink or so to loosen up and the only reason i mention that is because i no longer can or will drink. annnyyywayyyy im looking to get back into the industry. i went back to the club from last year and they didnt call me back so i assume they dont want me back (i also called them and they continue to tell me if they are interested they will call but i cant get a manger on the phone). so i auditioned at this little dive bar a state next to mine and they were over saturated with girls but i sucked on stage so i assume that was the real reason i didnt get hired. i would like more confidence on stage. i can dance to fast music but being slow and sensual like a stripper is supposed to dance at a gentlemans club is foreign to me. i dont really wanna go to an urban booty shaking club either cuz i gots no bootty and three pregnancies have stolen my once amazing breasts. HOW DID YOU LEARN TO DANCE?? HOW CAN U LEARN WITHOUT SPENDING MONEY ON POLE CLASSES OR CREEPING ON THE OTHER STRIPPERS?

Featured Member Girl Anachronism's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 746 Posts

Default Re: Howd you learn to dance

i have no idea what you look like, but when it comes to "gentlemans clubs" and dives they typically don't care if you can dance as long as you have the right look, so TBH i'd focus more on that. body, hair, makeup, outfits etc. when it comes to dancing i think youtube tutorials might help if you can practice at home

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Girl Anachronism For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Idk how to put a picture on here but I look gorgeous. I’m black 5’4” thin I don’t got a big ass or tuts but I’m very attractive. I am shy tho maybe it a problem at auditions but once I start working the pressure is off and I’m at home in the club. Thank you I wlll check out videos on how to dance slow n sexy! Maybe make a little routine for auditions.
    Oh I did wear a black n blue wig to one audition and EVERYONE said something not mean but like “wow ur hair” in the way u would say it if u hated it but didn’t wanna be mean.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 377 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine
    Blog Entries

I have no dance or gymnastics background and am not exactly a natural. One club took me off stage rotation bc my dancing was lame and another club refused to hire me bc they said my stage performance sucked. So I feel your pain.

You could also practice in the club when it's slow. If you're friendly with other girls, ask them to teach you. Watch Youtube tutorials, get a home pole and practice. There are lots of pole dance Facebook groups where you can share videos of yourself and get suggestions on your form. And there is nothing wrong with creeping on other strippers. It's a good way to learn new stuff. I like to watch videos of people who are my skill level to see if I can steal their tricks.

I know you don't want to take them, but I have found pole classes very helpful. The studio I go to is super stripper friendly--most of the instructors are strippers.

And yeah, for now it's probably a good idea to find a club where stage isn't too important. You will get better with time.

Thanks

I never found pole tricks to be important. I have been dancing since 2005 and I do not do pole tricks at all. Interacting with the crowd is more important than being a great dancer. Don't just go on stage acting like you are bored. Get the attention of the guys and just have fun, that is what the guys care about and that is where the tips come in. I love stage and I go up there showing that I love being up there and have fun with it. Go on stage, smile, act like you are having the time of your life up there even if you can't dance worth a shit and trust me, the guys won't care. And like another poster said above, you will get better at actual dancing skills with time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MiraMichele For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

I’m sort of in two minds about the importance of pole tricks. I don’t think they’re important, per se, but I do them because my background with pole dancing (about six years of it before I started stripping) is a thing I can do which makes me stand out vs. other dancers. If you’re in a particularly saturated club, you want something to be distinct and make you stand out.

You know what was helpful for me? Before I’d begin stripping, I used to work as a go-go dancer on the side. The purpose of that being to keep the audience amped up and moving. So I feel like that really helped with a number of things, particularly interpersonal interactions and just working the crowd. Because I certainly wasn’t going to pick that up on my own.
    I twist the truth, I rule the world. My crown is called deceit. I am the emperor of lies.You grovel at my feet . I rob you and I slaughter you. Your downfall is my gain. And still you play the sycophant. And revel in your pain. And all my promises are lies. All my love is hate. I am the politician. And I decide your fate.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post: