Thread: Knee Pain

Thanks

Dizzy Knee Pain

My knees hurt... it's not terrible yet, but it's been getting worse and worse. Under my knee cap in the tendon area. Achey in general. Sharp pains when I squat down. What is this? If you had/have it, I would so greatly appreciate ANY insight, advice, or your story. Thank you!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Default Re: Knee Pain

Glucosamine/chondroitin daily. Ibuprofen, constantly Knee pads can be concealed under thigh high socks/boots. I have also found a sleek-looking set of knee pads that are made specifically for dancing, I can go back and find the link to post later. A thicker heel or even wedges can also provide better support. I have pain under my right kneecap, it feels like a sharp metal tip is being slowly, lightly dragged down the underside of the bone. I am not sure what exactly is so pissed off in there, but while wearing heels makes it worse, chunky/wedge heels are doable for much longer than stilettos. Also consider a couple layers of gel inserts for your shoes if you don't already have them.

Use the pole to take your weight instead of squatting independently. Grip the pole and slide/spin down slowly, control your descent so you don't thump the floor with your knees. Also use the pole to rise by doing shoulder mounts or other inverts from the floor, or if/when you have the upper body strength, learn to climb with just your arms instead of using your legs to grip.

Modify your floor work so you're spending less time on your knees. When you're on all fours, put all your weight on your hands and the fronts of your platforms instead, and keep your knees just-barely off the floor. It takes a little practise but in the dark/flashing lights on stage, there will not be any noticeable difference in how you move.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jalena For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You have most likely an inflammation due to over stressing and repeatedly stretching of your tendons. It's a known syndrome when you do same exercises over and over again, i.e. well known among runners.
    When it comes to "over the counter" treatment/medicines, ibuprofen will likely be the best due to its anti inflammation effect.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,636 Times in 8,098 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Have u tried arnica?
    It's in both topical & pills.

Also, glucosamine & chondroitin, hyluronic acid pills
    Elvate legs while sleeping

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,452 Times in 821 Posts
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Blog Entries

I where knee pads. I would see a physical therapist- not expensive. Probably from over using. It happens. Take care your knees you might need them later. Until you see a PT use R.I.C.E. Sending positive vibes for your recovery my friend

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post: