View Poll Results: Should I tan, stay pale, or just spray tan?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stay pale

5 10.00%
  • Go to tanning salons and the beach

29 58.00%
  • Self tanner

18 36.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Cannot decide between having a great tan and preserving skin, please help :(

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Dizzy Cannot decide between having a great tan and preserving skin, please help :(

Hey, sexies. I need some opinions on what to do to keep myself looking hot without prematurely. Ok, I'm going to be 34 in March and, as I've gotten older, I've become more proactive in the health of my skin. For instance, I've only gone tanning a few months out of the past few years. I feel heavier and less attractive when I'm at my natural paleness. That said, it seems like my face looks younger. I sometimes look at how pale I am and am horrified for letting myself "go" like that.

If I keep tanning, I've already made peace with the fact that I'll likely need Botox to avoid looking like a Shar Pei lol. But I look so much thinner and healthier with a deep dark tan. I also keep reminding myself that if my decisions lead to cancer, wrinkles will be the least of my problem

There's always option C-self tanner. I loathe the smell and how it comes out cold, but the tanning salon version of a spray tan seems the darkest. I've been using the OTC kind, but artificial tans can only get so dark and the smell isn't fun. That said, it's currently the safest option to avoid looking like a ghost. I'm including a pic so you guys can get an idea of how pale I am, how old I look, etc. Please, please tell me what you'd do in my shoes? I've been stalling getting back on cam for four months cuz I feel pale and look heavier.

So-1-to tan and save money for botox and/or cancer treatment 2-don't tan and be uncomfortable in the adult biz and personal sex life, but rejoyce in that I'm not speeding up the aging process 3-Fake tan, get over the smell, it's the safest way to get what I seek.Message_1524691301258.jpg20180701_233625-2.jpg20180701_233538-1.jpg
    You know what they say about the crazy ones........

"Experience is a brutal teacher,
    but you learn. My God, do you learn!"
    C.S. Lewis

General Pics:https://imageshack.com/user/inked_milf

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SweetJuliaXXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,636 Times in 8,098 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Default Re: Cannot decide between having a great tan and preserving skin, please help :(

See my comment in this section, thread title: Tanning Stategy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 424 Posts
    My Mood
    Tired

Default Re: Cannot decide between having a great tan and preserving skin, please help :(

keep using self tanner. Im pale af . like damn near see through . I use St. Tropez gradual tanner and sometimes Tarte's self tanner or fakebake Flawless. Those have all worked really good for me
    Your body is your temple.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Violethollywood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 377 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine
    Blog Entries

I think you rock the pale skin beautifully. It does make you look younger. That being said, you seem like you definitely prefer to be tan, so get some self tanners!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Winged Dinghy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Thanks so much for the compliments, I think I'm much more partial to the salon spray on, but it gets expensive!

C.S. Lewis

Thanks
    Thanked 9,773 Times in 3,867 Posts

Keep doing fake bake/fake tanner.

I have a unique skin texture & my minor use of tanning beds is haunting my skin. I kind of regret it.

It's your own decision but especially for very fair skinned people skin damage shows early and is hard to fix, if impossible.
    He who controls the spice controls the universe, chingada madre

LA Woman, You're My Woman- The Doors

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,083 Times in 1,492 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I understand because i love the tanning bed, gives me a gorgeous color but after a while have me white spots on skin. Now I'm older too so I use self Tanner.
    xoxo

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Featured Member trustfundkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 726 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

It doesn't have to be an either/or. I voted self-tanner, or you can get a professional spray tan. If you're trying to save money, Groupon can be a great source for finding deals on beauty treatments. Your pale skin is beautiful and it really does look good on you, but I can understand feeling more confident when you're tanned. Tanning beds aren't worth it. No one looks good when their skin is the same texture as a leather couch.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

It's your skin. Do what you want with it. White people age badly when they tan and don't take care of their skin. I'm white and pale as fuck, I used to tan in my teens, now I either spray tan or embrace my paleness.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to babb For This Useful Post:

Thanks

@SweetJuliaXXX

I will start this post as usual when itís about tanning; Iím not trying to be an advocate for the tanning bed industry, Iím just sharing my own experience Remember that when you read on.

Iím not a young girl anymore as I just turned 30, and I have been tanning regurarely since I was 16-17 years old. Both indoor and outdoor. Iíve never had any skin issues and to be honest, my skin is rocking still!

At least so far, thereís no evidence that tanning has had any negative effects on my skin. I like to add that Iíve always been very careful to take care of my skin in respects of always using good and effective moisturizers etc etc. Itís not good enough to just buy some random moisturizer, you really need to get the right stuff.

What all sience indicate, is that itís dangerous to get sun burned (either from the sun or in bed)! Meaning the most harmful tanning is until you get a tan. Tanning on&off can easily be less healthy than maintaining a tan!

So to you, you could always do a little of both!

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kimbe For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Self tanner or pale, you look good pale honestly you don't need the tan but if it makes you feel more confident go for a fake one.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Daniellaa For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,452 Times in 821 Posts
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Blog Entries

I self tan. Fake bake has great products. I make money being tan.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Well, I’m guilty as hell here, I love to tan and visit the tanning bed frequently! I like to have a good tan and even though I have had many spray tans, I have never gotten comfortable with it. A real tan is just so much better.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Meganx99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

@SweetJuliaXXX; I wonít tell you what to do, but Iíll tell you I do a little of everything. I tan outdoor when weather permits, I use tanning beds regularly (great for even out tan lines!) and I will get a spray tan whenever I need an extra touch up, or when I prepare for a competition.
    If Iím going to give you an advice, it would be to go for what gives you the best feeling! Every tanning method have their advantages and disadvantages so you just have to decide whatís most important to you.
    Tanning beds have gotten a bad reputation, and I wonít deny the facts, but itís kind of funny to see so many people use them while no one admits to... (Iíve been working at a tanning salon so Iíve seen!)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to GlamLifter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

I already have a tan complexion but I’m all about tanning as well as self-preservation when it comes to my skin in general. St. Tropez gradual tan lotion is by far the best self tanner I’ve used in terms of results & scent, it’s pricey about $25 a bottle but I use it sparingly and it lasts long — I apply a layer of regular body lotion before I apply the St. Tropez as sort of a “carrier” so I don’t have to use as much product in order to absorb. Be aware that it does have DHA in it that can have a negative effect on cell structures/degrade collagen if used too much — so sad there’s no fool proof solutions for a killer tan over the long haul

Because I tend to use the product pretty often I supplement with Reservage Plant Based Collagen Builder w Vitamin C — helps offset the free radicals it’s also pricey but you can probably find similar products online for cheaper I just like this brand, or I take half of the recommended dosage daily to make the bottle last longer. On top of all this I use Palmer’s Cocoa Butter body oil & lotion nearly every day, this is just good maintenance as it keeps the skin supple especially during sun tan season.
    Unsophisticated in the finest sense of the word.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jadey23 For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

I voted tanning bed as I find it to be the most convenient and effective way for maintaining a good tan.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Capitana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,860 Times in 5,143 Posts

I vote pale, as I'm so low maintenance. If you enjoy having a tan in your personal life, then fake tan. But i hated any work-related process that took more time out of my personal life. If you go pale, i recommend playing it up. Dark hair, pale (but healthy and glowing) skin, flattering outfit colors or black, etc. Use Stoya as inspiration, or similar.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Thank you all, I've been faking it(lol) and also thought about tanning my body in a bed but putting a towel over my face. Oh, and Charlie-I think I accidentally reported you trying to thank you, I'm super sorry!

C.S. Lewis