Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: FBSM Incall but no shower facility

  1. #1
    God/dess Arialandre's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    2,874
    Thanks
    359
    Thanked 2,412 Times in 881 Posts

    Default FBSM Incall but no shower facility

    So I may have found a part time incall office for doing FBSM/body rubs in my city. Itís a small space, room enough for a massage table etc, but there is no shower facility. Does anyone here do body rubs in a space that has no shower? Iíve read some client comments online that say having no shower is a deal breaker for them. But Iím curious about what actual providers have found. Have clients refused to book due to lack of shower facility for afterwards?

  2. #2
    Featured Member Lady Xplicit18's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    965
    Thanks
    273
    Thanked 405 Times in 194 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: FBSM Incall but no shower facility

    Yes, in my experience. I was a fulltime FBSM girl and men would hang up simply because of the fact of not being able to shower before going back to their wives at home. A shower is great to have but not always a deal-breaker.
    "Strippers are like pet tigers. They are nice to look at but they are not for everyone."

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Xplicit18 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    God/dess WendiStarr's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,964
    Thanks
    3,512
    Thanked 8,647 Times in 2,516 Posts

    Default Re: FBSM Incall but no shower facility

    Guys like to have access to a shower to wash off any lotion scents and/or your perfume, especially married men and men with girlfriends. Those are the types who seem to frequent fbsm the most. Is there a sink in the room? I'm guessing probably not. Baby wipes can come in handy but for some of them, that's not enough. I guess it all depends on the guy but many guys are going to want to at least wash themselves off even if it's a sink and washcloths instead of a shower.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Banned whirlerz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    19,687
    Thanks
    37,883
    Thanked 15,636 Times in 8,098 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Default Re: FBSM Incall but no shower facility

    Lol, for some reason I find this funny..makes sense tho

  7. #5
    God/dess Arialandre's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    2,874
    Thanks
    359
    Thanked 2,412 Times in 881 Posts

    Default Re: FBSM Incall but no shower facility

    Thanks everyone. I was going to offer a selection of scented massage oil but also a scentless option. And then at the end offer a hot steamed towel wipe down. But having a shower seems like something I would really want to offer. Especially as I have a specific feel and style I want to go for. I think I might just hold off for a while.

  8. #6
    God/dess carmen_b's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Back Home
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    4,643
    Thanked 3,396 Times in 1,657 Posts

    Default Re: FBSM Incall but no shower facility

    ^ Is this space your only option ?
    Hour by Hour ? If it's just an hour at a time why not use it ?

    In the beach town I was in , a shower was a requirement . 90% of people needing it.

    I'm in an Urban area now and when I was doing massage last year people rarely even used the shower.
    In your ad mention scent free .

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    God/dess Arialandre's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    2,874
    Thanks
    359
    Thanked 2,412 Times in 881 Posts

    Default Re: FBSM Incall but no shower facility

    This space is the only option available right now. I live in a very small city, only about 85,000 people. The space is rentable by the month. The other thing is that while it’s fall/winter now, in the summer here it gets HOT. So a shower would probably be a good idea for people that are sweaty as eff. But at this rate the only way to get a place with a shower would be to rent a full apartment, but even a studio apartment here would cost $900-$1,000 per month. Plus utilities.

  11. #8
    Veteran Member Shannon.'s Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    398
    Thanked 253 Times in 106 Posts

    Default Re: FBSM Incall but no shower facility

    I think that would really hurt your fbsm biz if you don’t have a shower. It’s extremely rare that my clients refuse a shower after their session. A small number even like to shower beforehand. So for me an incall with a shower is must.

    If that’s your only option, I’d probably recommend pricing your rates much cheaper than what other providers are charging in your area by 10-20. And I think it’s a great idea to include the steamed hot towel wipe down into your marketing!

  12. #9
    Veteran Member Shannon.'s Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    398
    Thanked 253 Times in 106 Posts

    Default Re: FBSM Incall but no shower facility

    Quote Originally Posted by Arialandre View Post
    This space is the only option available right now. I live in a very small city, only about 85,000 people. The space is rentable by the month. The other thing is that while it’s fall/winter now, in the summer here it gets HOT. So a shower would probably be a good idea for people that are sweaty as eff. But at this rate the only way to get a place with a shower would be to rent a full apartment, but even a studio apartment here would cost $900-$1,000 per month. Plus utilities.
    Unfortunately, that’s the cost of doing it independently. What I’ve done successfully in the past, is split the place with another provider who I know and trust. I’m a good judge of character so I don’t really recommend that everyone do that. I’ve had no problems sharing though.

  13. #10
    Veteran Member Shannon.'s Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    398
    Thanked 253 Times in 106 Posts

    Default Re: FBSM Incall but no shower facility

    Another option could be touring! You don’t have the ongoing financial commitment and if you go to the nearest bigger city, and advertise it about a month in a half you can make BANK!

  14. #11
    God/dess Arialandre's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    2,874
    Thanks
    359
    Thanked 2,412 Times in 881 Posts

    Default Re: FBSM Incall but no shower facility

    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon. View Post
    Another option could be touring! You don’t have the ongoing financial commitment and if you go to the nearest bigger city, and advertise it about a month in a half you can make BANK!
    There are very few providers in my city and they’re almost all pretty iffy so I wouldn’t share with any of them. There is one AMP and the rates are crazy low with super cheap ad ons, and one established well reviewed mature Indy Tantra massage provider. So as you can see, setting myself apart would be very very easy but I can’t afford to take on a second rent with a years lease when I don’t know if I’ll have enough business in town to make it worth while.

    I had considered going into the AMP and finding out if I can rent one of their rooms. Be Indy with all my own clients, prices and advertising, but pay like, a “booth fee” or something, for the use of the room/table/shower, etc.

    I had planned on getting into touring escorting in the spring. But I like doing massage and thought that this could be a good way to get to work in my town. (I’m not escorting here, I’m just not). I may just stick to my plan of being a touring escort for now as it’s looking like higher returns and less hassle.

  15. #12
    Veteran Member Shannon.'s Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    398
    Thanked 253 Times in 106 Posts

    Default Re: FBSM Incall but no shower facility

    Quote Originally Posted by Arialandre View Post
    There are very few providers in my city and they’re almost all pretty iffy so I wouldn’t share with any of them. There is one AMP and the rates are crazy low with super cheap ad ons, and one established well reviewed mature Indy Tantra massage provider. So as you can see, setting myself apart would be very very easy but I can’t afford to take on a second rent with a years lease when I don’t know if I’ll have enough business in town to make it worth while.

    I had considered going into the AMP and finding out if I can rent one of their rooms. Be Indy with all my own clients, prices and advertising, but pay like, a “booth fee” or something, for the use of the room/table/shower, etc.

    I had planned on getting into touring escorting in the spring. But I like doing massage and thought that this could be a good way to get to work in my town. (I’m not escorting here, I’m just not). I may just stick to my plan of being a touring escort for now as it’s looking like higher returns and less hassle.
    Ok yeah, I understand where you’re coming from now.

    Honestly, just go for the touring escorting, but in addition I’d recommend advertising massage in the massage sections! If you don’t have a lot of touring experience maybe just start with escorting tours. Do it regularly, like do a tour once a months. You’ll be so busy if you do it consistently! I think for me at least, the key to a successful tour is a) advertising well in advance. If you can, maybe make it the same week every month so clients know when to expect you. B) advertising on ALL available platforms that are relevant in that city. For example, I’m not a fan of advertising on review boards since I try to avoid attracting hobbyists, but I will advertise on them when I’m touring. I still stick to my expectations tho and if someone doesn’t meet them... no pussy for them!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Shannon. For This Useful Post:


  17. #13
    God/dess Arialandre's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    2,874
    Thanks
    359
    Thanked 2,412 Times in 881 Posts

    Default Re: FBSM Incall but no shower facility

    Keeping it to the same week every month is a very good idea, thanks! I know which city I plan to tour in and even which hotel I want to use. And I love the city enough that even if every appointment were to bail I could turn it into a regular vacation pretty easily. I’ve picked out where I’m going to advertise and I’m going to start about a month ahead. I’ve been working on my ad copy and screening expectations.

    I still have to put together a website. I might just go with wix for this for now. I’ll deal with photos in the spring. I still want to lose some weight and I just want to get through the Christmas season before I get down to work. I think I’ll do my first tour in March. Though I maaaaay do February to snag those sad sad Valentines Day men.

  18. #14
    Veteran Member Shannon.'s Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    398
    Thanked 253 Times in 106 Posts

    Default Re: FBSM Incall but no shower facility

    Quote Originally Posted by Arialandre View Post
    Keeping it to the same week every month is a very good idea, thanks! I know which city I plan to tour in and even which hotel I want to use. And I love the city enough that even if every appointment were to bail I could turn it into a regular vacation pretty easily. I’ve picked out where I’m going to advertise and I’m going to start about a month ahead. I’ve been working on my ad copy and screening expectations.

    I still have to put together a website. I might just go with wix for this for now. I’ll deal with photos in the spring. I still want to lose some weight and I just want to get through the Christmas season before I get down to work. I think I’ll do my first tour in March. Though I maaaaay do February to snag those sad sad Valentines Day men.
    Wix isn’t and adult-friendly web design platform. If you don’t have a website that’s no problem, just stay active on twitter. Follow and retweet other providers tweets in your tour city. Since you don’t have a website be sure to post consistently on twitter everyday, and maybe experiment with using the city’s hashtag in your tweets. GL!

  19. #15
    God/dess Arialandre's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    2,874
    Thanks
    359
    Thanked 2,412 Times in 881 Posts

    Default Re: FBSM Incall but no shower facility

    Are you sure that Wix isn’t adult friendly? I read their FAQ about adult content and they basically say “you do you, and follow this link if you want to learn how to put up an 18+ splash page.”

    I SUCK at Twitter for promo, I really do. I find it to be an unbelievable waste of time (for me! Others seem to rock it) and so I never stay consistent.
    It’s not that I can’t build a website on a self hosted WordPress domain, I just don’t know if I want to deal with all of that hassle yet.

    Edit: edited to say that I’m not saying that I WONT try Twitter for promo, as it really is great advice. I’m just saying that I’ve bombed at it time and again over the years. Who knows though, maybe I will nail it this time. But, I’m NOT interesting, lol.

    Double Edit: I am now DETERMINED to rock Twitter! Rawr!
    Last edited by Arialandre; 11-26-2018 at 11:22 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-23-2015, 11:30 AM
  2. Incall VS Outcall FBSM/ESCORTS
    By Lady Xplicit18 in forum Other Work
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 07:56 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2011, 01:58 PM
  4. a great std testing facility!
    By scarymary77 in forum Body Business
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 01:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •