Thread: Dress Codes

Thanks

Default Dress Codes

So why do some clubs ban sweat pants/athletic shorts? I donít mind putting on a pair of jeans and a belt but my sweat pants are just so much more comfortable. And as long as I am spending money and conducting myself as a gentleman, and I always do both of those, why should it matter what I wear (as long as it isnít overly crude/revealing)? Just wondering what the reasoning behind the codes is...not trying to be an ass at all.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,509 Posts

Default Re: Dress Codes

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit5160 View Post
    So why do some clubs ban sweat pants/athletic shorts? I don’t mind putting on a pair of jeans and a belt but my sweat pants are just so much more comfortable. And as long as I am spending money and conducting myself as a gentleman, and I always do both of those, why should it matter what I wear (as long as it isn’t overly crude/revealing)? Just wondering what the reasoning behind the codes is...not trying to be an ass at all.
    It's gross, even if sweatpants are not against the dress code many ladies won't do dances with you because they are too thin and can feel your dick through it. We are already wearing nothing or only thin panties. Some guys will use wear them to grind to completion. Aside from the dancers' preference, some clubs just want to project a quote unquote classier atmosphere (ie, business casual or dressier).
    Now he said it a third time, and Ona drew a deep breath;

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lynn2009 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sounds reasonable I guess. I remember going to Trophy Club in Greenville to meet an ATF and the new management had just made a rule against sweatpants and they refused my entry...even though she begged them to make an exception for me because I was going to spend a lot on her they still said no. I had to come back the next day. So that’s why I asked.

Thanks

Why don’t you wear your sweat pants to your next job interview?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KryptoniteJo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dress Codes

Quote Originally Posted by KryptoniteJo View Post
    Why donít you wear your sweat pants to your next job interview?
    I am never going to have another job interview. I love my current job. I make six figures a year at it and donít even really do much of anything anymore except watch others to make sure they donít do stupid crap to get them contaminated and take a few radiation surveys with hand held maters and do a few calculations to determine radiation/contamination levels. I have reached a great place in my career. Besides, Iím 46 so I am becoming too old to switch jobs now. Anyway, you are comparing apples to oranges. To me a strip club is an informal setting, a place to relax and unwind. Conversely, job interviews are formal, professional settings. You canít compare the two. Anyway, I personally wear sweatpants to my job every day that I work. We have to change into scrubs anyway at the nuke plant so it really doesnít matter what you wear going in and leaving. I guess I just get used to wearing them everywhere...

These are just my feelings. I realize a lot of folks disagree and I am just going to have to roll with it and follow rules. I will not be difficult- I will wear whatever the clubs want me to even if I donít think I should have to. I also realize that most men that go to clubs are not gentlemen like me and have all kinds of ulterior motives (girls tell me countless horror stories) and that they canít make a special exception to the rules for me. But I canít imagine using sweatpants to make it easier to ďgrind to completionĒ as Lynn mentioned then cumming in my clothes...absolutely sick and disgusting. And then you have to wear cummy pants home. No thanks. But some guys are sick...and those are the type guys that spoil shit for everyone else...fuck those motherfuckers.

Thanks

I suppose if you became a regular and persuaded enough people you weren’t going to cum in your pants, then maybe they would let you wear sweat pants

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KryptoniteJo View Post
    I suppose if you became a regular and persuaded enough people you weren’t going to cum in your pants, then maybe they would let you wear sweat pants
    Bingo! This is what I’ve done. Problem is, the GIRLS don’t give a shit what I wear but the BOUNCERS still do! But I’ve learned to roll with it...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,379 Times in 2,151 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Honestly, I don't know many men who would be caught out in public wearing sweat pants, nevermind in a social setting like a strip club. Would you wear sweat pants almost anywhere else, like a restaurant or a bar? If the answer to that is yes, then you're in a sharp minority. It should come us no surprise that club staff will assume that you're doing so for one reason only.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,636 Times in 8,098 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Duh Re: Dress Codes

Vom

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickdugan View Post
    Honestly, I don't know many men who would be caught out in public wearing sweat pants, nevermind in a social setting like a strip club. Would you wear sweat pants almost anywhere else, like a restaurant or a bar? If the answer to that is yes, then you're in a sharp minority. It should come us no surprise that club staff will assume that you're doing so for one reason only.
    Never thought of this or noticed it. But I have never really been on the cutting edge of fashion anyway. I just wear what makes me comfortable. There are zero fucks given here what people may think of my wardrobe because I’m 46 and obese as it is...so it likely doesn’t matter anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,506 Times in 3,176 Posts

They are banned, as others have mentioned, because it's disgusting for the girls. Many clubs also try to keep a certain class of customer in the place... the kind that would not be caught dead wearing sweatpants in public.

Seriously dude, it takes 30 seconds to change into appropriate clothing and you can definitely find some slacks or jeans that are comfortable. I am sooooo tired of the defense of "they're comfortable". So are plenty of other clothing items that look much better.

You are very wrong that it doesn't matter anyway just because you're 'obese and 46'. That's a rather defeatist attitude to have. I will take the well-dressed obese man over the slim slob any day.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."
    - Lux ATL

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

Quote Originally Posted by crystalize View Post
    Ok so i gotta turn up the moronic drunk slut

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 742 Posts

I am uninterested in sitting on a strange man's lap if he's wearing thin pants, but something a lot of people are unaware of is how difficult it can be for obese men to find jeans and slacks. If OP is a bit obese it shouldn't be an issue, but if he's very obese, sweatpants might be his best option off the rack.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lol1337a For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

I’m sure a lot of it is image, and what the club wants to project their image as being to other potential customers. While sweatpants aren’t the same as ‘motorcycle club’ colors, they may think negatively of what sort of image it projects to have the clientele in sweatpants, track suits, etc.

Likewise, I don’t want to give private dances to someone wearing such things. As stated already, I’m not going to trust a customer in sweats not to lob their jizz, and would suspect that being their reason for wearing it.

In all honesty, what other type of club will you go to which allows it? Unless it’s a place where the doorman sports prison ink or the aforementioned ‘motorcycle club’ colors, I really can’t think of any.
    ĒI twist the truth, I rule the world. My crown is called deceit. I am the emperor of lies.You grovel at my feet . I rob you and I slaughter you. Your downfall is my gain. And still you play the sycophant. And revel in your pain. And all my promises are lies. All my love is hate. I am the politician. And I decide your fate.Ē

Thanks
    Thanked 6,379 Times in 2,151 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

There are zero fucks given here what people may think of my wardrobe because I’m 46 and obese as it is...so it likely doesn’t matter anyway.
    So that's it then? Because you're middle aged and obese, you've abandoned all notions of self-respect and dignity? I am truly sorry to hear that and this expression of regret goes far beyond this SC forum.

But understand that most guys in their 40s and older haven't already decided to just give up and most will make some basic effort to look presentable in public, which means that things like sweatpants in social settings are not common. So when a manager sees them on a guy in a strip club, the natural assumption will be that the guy is looking to get his rocks off.

So you have your answer. It's about assumptions that will be made by SC staff based upon their own experiences. What's going on in your own head is irrelevant.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,477 Times in 932 Posts

So why do some clubs ban sweat pants/athletic shorts? I don’t mind putting on a pair of jeans and a belt but my sweat pants are just so much more comfortable. And as long as I am spending money and conducting myself as a gentleman, and I always do both of those, why should it matter what I wear (as long as it isn’t overly crude/revealing)? Just wondering what the reasoning behind the codes is...not trying to be an ass at all.
    I think you've got two good sets of suggestions here as to why you might be experiencing some feelings of judgment when you go to the club in sweat pants or athletic shorts.

One is, pervs do that to try to get "more" than the rules allow. Of course the dancers are well familiar with these sad individuals, and they can be excused for lumping you in with them, however little you might deserve it.

Two, a dancer is creating a fun fantasy for you, and if you give her only sweatpants to work with she may be somewhat constrained in her flirtation. They're dancers, not Merlin. There is only so much they can do. As Rick suggests if you meet them halfway in that fantasy, by dressing at least business casual or TED talk, you'll have a better time.

In addition I also suggest that, if you read the forums here you'll note that dancers go out of their way to smell nice and greatly dislike men with poor hygiene or who haven't showered recently. By going in attired as you describe, you create an image that you either came from working out or perhaps might view showering and basic ablutions as "not comfortable". However far this is from the truth, I'm sure you understand that the language of clothing is a universal shared language for better or worse. To some people being nude is comfortable, but we don't want them traipsing up and down the street in front of the restaurant where we're having dinner, do we?
    Where am I? Home for the Holidays!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bahuba For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

I think only a small majority of men do so because they want as little layer of clothing for lapdances and extras. Mostly it's a reflection of modern society. No different than what you see when go to a mall or a movie theater. People don't bother to change out of their comfortable house clothes when the go out.

Thanks

everything above from the girls standpoint stands, but from a club side, sure your more comfortable, however dress codes are to keep our guests at a certain level. If we were to let one guy in sweat pants in then its tanktops and hats and jerseys and worse.

If you are comfortable in sweats a hat and tanktop or similar in public, Im sorry but you are not the public I wish to cater to as a club. I keep staff to a higher standard, why would I let the guests dress as if ready to go to bed, when they deserve better.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OmegaWest For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,274 Times in 1,194 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaWest View Post
    everything above from the girls standpoint stands, but from a club side, sure your more comfortable, however dress codes are to keep our guests at a certain level. If we were to let one guy in sweat pants in then its tanktops and hats and jerseys and worse.

If you are comfortable in sweats a hat and tanktop or similar in public, Im sorry but you are not the public I wish to cater to as a club. I keep staff to a higher standard, why would I let the guests dress as if ready to go to bed, when they deserve better.

^^

This

Some neighborhood type clubs might let anybody in, but a place with champagne rooms that intends to have customers who ideally drop hundreds or thousands a visit... having a guy sitting in the club in sweatpants looks extremely out of place.