Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Natural deodorant and antiperspirant

  1. #1
    Featured Member wish's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,025
    Thanks
    882
    Thanked 944 Times in 434 Posts

    Default Natural deodorant and antiperspirant

    Iím looking into natural deodorants with antiperspirants that work and wonít dry my skin or clog my pores. I figured some of you may have tried a few. So far I am thinking about trying Type A. It has corn starch and small amounts of baking soda with essential oils. Itís $12 a tube with shipping so $10. I also saw Korpi but I canít trust only essential oil to stop my sweat lol. Plus itís $14. But maybe Iím wrong. Help me out.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to wish For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Banned whirlerz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    19,687
    Thanks
    37,883
    Thanked 15,636 Times in 8,098 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Default Re: Natural deodorant and antiperspirant

    I've tried a couple..
    There's one I use now, Native deodorant, it's a fruit scent, I got a full size & a mini for around 12.00 or so..
    From what I understand, they really don't stop the actual sweat, just the odor. You also need to reapply throughout the day.
    I have one by Clean, they make fragrances.
    I'm not a heavy sweater.

  4. #3
    God/dess miss.a.p1600's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    7,718
    Thanks
    26,449
    Thanked 16,961 Times in 6,020 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

    Default Re: Natural deodorant and antiperspirant

    I wouldn't trust essential oils only unless you don't sweat because that is just for the scent/odor. The powder (baking soda, cornstarch, etc) is what stops, or absorbs, the sweat. Ive tried pit paste and it works - one application can hold up through the day even with exercise/sweating - but if you have sensitive skin (baking soda can be harsh) then I would try the ones with more cornstarch.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Moderator charlie61's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    11,404
    Thanks
    7,369
    Thanked 15,860 Times in 5,143 Posts

    Default Re: Natural deodorant and antiperspirant

    I like Alaffia. Goes on smoothly and does a decent job of preventing b.o. They have some scents that are quite intense, so I'd go somewhere to smell them first unless you like taking risks! I bought the turmeric one blindly, and when i first smelled it, i was like WOAH. But they have milder ones, like coconut- charcoal.

    Be sure to use more than one swipe. I think that's the mistake i made when i first started using them. They're natural, so i think you have to use a bit more for it to be effective.

    I like Schmidt's, too, for days when I'm wearing a shirt that doesn't show my underarms. I think Schmidt's is more effective than Alaffia at preventing sweat and b.o., but it's also more gritty / crumbly, and can stick to fuzzies in whatever shirt you're wearing (hence why i wouldn't wear it with something that exposes your armpits).

    Those are the only two brands i've tried so far. To be honest, if i were still dancing, I'd wear a natural deodorant on my days off, and a mainstream antiperspirant on work nights. It's just not something I'd want to have to worry about.

    That said, i think some women could actually make more money off of smelling slightly natural. I've seen it happen! In an ocean of women who are doused in heavy perfumes...cloyingly sweet and intense...i think it can work in your favor to smell a little more like you than like a cotton-candy monster. I'm not talking full-on body odor. But i think you know what i mean! If you don't have a super intense natural scent, you could get by with a more natural deodorant...

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Banned whirlerz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    19,687
    Thanks
    37,883
    Thanked 15,636 Times in 8,098 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Default Re: Natural deodorant and antiperspirant

    http://www.beautyhabit.com

    Has a fair selection of natural deo's^

  9. #6
    Featured Member wish's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,025
    Thanks
    882
    Thanked 944 Times in 434 Posts

    Default Re: Natural deodorant and antiperspirant

    Quote Originally Posted by charlie61 View Post
    I like Alaffia. Goes on smoothly and does a decent job of preventing b.o. They have some scents that are quite intense, so I'd go somewhere to smell them first unless you like taking risks! I bought the turmeric one blindly, and when i first smelled it, i was like WOAH. But they have milder ones, like coconut- charcoal.

    Be sure to use more than one swipe. I think that's the mistake i made when i first started using them. They're natural, so i think you have to use a bit more for it to be effective.

    I like Schmidt's, too, for days when I'm wearing a shirt that doesn't show my underarms. I think Schmidt's is more effective than Alaffia at preventing sweat and b.o., but it's also more gritty / crumbly, and can stick to fuzzies in whatever shirt you're wearing (hence why i wouldn't wear it with something that exposes your armpits).

    Those are the only two brands i've tried so far. To be honest, if i were still dancing, I'd wear a natural deodorant on my days off, and a mainstream antiperspirant on work nights. It's just not something I'd want to have to worry about.

    That said, i think some women could actually make more money off of smelling slightly natural. I've seen it happen! In an ocean of women who are doused in heavy perfumes...cloyingly sweet and intense...i think it can work in your favor to smell a little more like you than like a cotton-candy monster. I'm not talking full-on body odor. But i think you know what i mean! If you don't have a super intense natural scent, you could get by with a more natural deodorant...
    This! This is what I was thinking. I don’t leave sweat stains or anything but the odor can be intense and I sweat easily. I think I’ll stick with mainstream deodorant for now.

  10. #7
    God/dess SnuffleUffleGrass's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    HearstCastle, Rosebud
    Posts
    5,365
    Thanks
    10,917
    Thanked 9,772 Times in 3,867 Posts

    Default Re: Natural deodorant and antiperspirant

    I often just wipe my armpits with soap if I feel too sweaty. Whole Foods does have a nice selection of non traditional deoderants.
    He who controls the spice controls the universe, chingada madre

    LA Woman, You're My Woman- The Doors













  11. #8
    Newbie GlamLifter's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2018
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

    Default Re: Natural deodorant and antiperspirant

    Does deodorants without aluminum actually work? I mean, they need to stop sweating, else it will eventually smell.

  12. #9
    Featured Member wish's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,025
    Thanks
    882
    Thanked 944 Times in 434 Posts

    Default Re: Natural deodorant and antiperspirant

    Quote Originally Posted by GlamLifter View Post
    Does deodorants without aluminum actually work? I mean, they need to stop sweating, else it will eventually smell.
    There are other ingredients like corn starch that can stop sweat.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to wish For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Newbie GlamLifter's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2018
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

    Default Re: Natural deodorant and antiperspirant

    Quote Originally Posted by wish View Post
    There are other ingredients like corn starch that can stop sweat.
    Ok, I might have to try one out 👍

  15. #11
    God/dess WendiStarr's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,964
    Thanks
    3,512
    Thanked 8,647 Times in 2,516 Posts

    Default Re: Natural deodorant and antiperspirant

    Are there any that work to get rid of stinky armpits? Seriously, I've tried several of these natural deodorants and none of them have worked for me. I end up having to wash my pits throughout the day and reapply the deodorant. My grandma is in her 80's and swears that all she has ever used since forever was just corn starch when she lived in Japan and baby powder when she came here to America. She doesn't stink. Maybe I'm just a weird stinky bitch, lol.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Featured Member wish's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,025
    Thanks
    882
    Thanked 944 Times in 434 Posts

    Default Re: Natural deodorant and antiperspirant

    Quote Originally Posted by WendiStarr View Post
    Are there any that work to get rid of stinky armpits? Seriously, I've tried several of these natural deodorants and none of them have worked for me. I end up having to wash my pits throughout the day and reapply the deodorant. My grandma is in her 80's and swears that all she has ever used since forever was just corn starch when she lived in Japan and baby powder when she came here to America. She doesn't stink. Maybe I'm just a weird stinky bitch, lol.
    Idk. All of them are supposed to combat funk. Corn starch and baking soda / powder is supposed to stop sweating so there shouldn’t be any smell at all.

  18. #13
    Veteran Member indiegirl's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    344
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 357 Times in 142 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

    Default Re: Natural deodorant and antiperspirant

    Quote Originally Posted by WendiStarr View Post
    Are there any that work to get rid of stinky armpits? Seriously, I've tried several of these natural deodorants and none of them have worked for me. I end up having to wash my pits throughout the day and reapply the deodorant. My grandma is in her 80's and swears that all she has ever used since forever was just corn starch when she lived in Japan and baby powder when she came here to America. She doesn't stink. Maybe I'm just a weird stinky bitch, lol.
    .

    I found one called Primal Pit Paste and used it for a while and it worked until one day I would break out in a large red rash until my armpits and dancers were asking me what happened to me. Guess I was allergic to the deodorant stick version they sell. I now just use normal deodorant. I'd like to use natural.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:


  20. #14
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    524
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 29 Times in 18 Posts

    Default Re: Natural deodorant and antiperspirant

    Thai Crystal Deodorant Mist from Deodorant Stones of America. I buy it from Swanson.

  21. #15
    Veteran Member Ginnyyy's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Away most of December
    Posts
    549
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked 498 Times in 282 Posts
    My Mood
    Cold

    Default Re: Natural deodorant and antiperspirant

    Alum stone- is just a cheap stone, keeps you longer than half a year and doesn't smell at all (you can however apply some fancy oils on it). Needs to be used after shower on your wet skin, if you put water on the stone it will consume itself faster. It doesn't work for everybody, but most of the people I know swear by it and so do I.

    Let's connect on Twitter
    My Membership Site
    roybrown450: Bet u got the kind of pussy u throw up in the air and it turns into sunshine
    Catocracy!! Yes!! Fellows, help the poor little pets w/o a home

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ginnyyy For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-20-2016, 09:03 AM
  2. Natural, Aluminum-Free, Paraben-Free Deodorant?
    By GlamourRouge in forum Body Business
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-20-2014, 08:16 AM
  3. BO-deodorant issue-HELP!!!!
    By leogirl876 in forum Body Business
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 09:22 PM
  4. deodorant
    By Persona in forum Body Business
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 09:10 AM
  5. which deodorant?
    By carmenNYC in forum Body Business
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-03-2004, 03:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •