Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

  1. #1

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EricaErotica For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    God/dess minniesoporno's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,149
    Thanks
    1,151
    Thanked 5,049 Times in 2,149 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Blog Entries
    82

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    its funny they picked December 17
    ** Camgirl Super Affiliate Founder of Wealthy Camgirl **

    Youtube : MinnieOnCam | Blog : Wealthy Camgirl

    Facebook MinnieCRiley | Instagram @MinnieCRiley | Twitter @OnlyMinnieXxX

    “If you really want something, go ahead—put all your eggs in one basket. But make sure those eggs are golden.”
    “You can lose everything, but one thing you cannot afford to lose is your fearless mindset.”



  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to minniesoporno For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Featured Member LaylaLovely's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,152
    Thanks
    1,324
    Thanked 1,711 Times in 639 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    When I first saw this today...I was bummed ..especially since Instagram is also becoming stricter n shutting down profiles that even hint sex worker...but then I realized maybe this will bring back more traffic for our camrooms

    It does suck some models made a lot or all ther money from tumblr Snapchat and video sales but those sites have no way of verifying that those models are of legal age...everyone's mad but it is for the better idk how many times I ran across girls that wer selling Snapchat via pp and ppl found out they wer under 18!!not to mention the animal porn I ran across on ther!!!!ppl are gonna lose some revenue but if they are serious they can sign up to an official adult site and upload ther ids
    Instagram - LaylaLovely56
    Twitter- LaylaLovelyXXX



  6. #4
    Featured Member SuperPookie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks
    1,294
    Thanked 1,941 Times in 867 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    I wonder if mine will get closed. I do advertise my cam sites but it's strictly non nude and it's like 3/4 music & cooking

  7. #5
    Veteran Member naomi_doll's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    654
    Thanks
    1,092
    Thanked 933 Times in 386 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    The algorithm is really bad, you may want to check and see if anything is flagged (just look at your own posts in the dashboard)

    https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/3/1...algorithm-fail

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to naomi_doll For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Featured Member caramelcraze's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2013
    Location
    With My Posse
    Posts
    1,969
    Thanks
    2,192
    Thanked 5,903 Times in 1,398 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    well, looks like tumblr is going to become more of a ghost town than it already is.
    "What do you do for work bb?"





    I <3 Daily Pay & so will you! Sign up here!


  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Veteran Member Stevie710's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    234
    Thanks
    185
    Thanked 235 Times in 98 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    I wonder where everyone is going to migrate to besides twitter.. what’s gonna be the next nsfw tumblr?

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stevie710 For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Senior Member SubSpace666's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    779
    Thanked 102 Times in 51 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    I have already had posts on Tumblr "flagged as explicit content". They haven't removed them, but there is now a red bar telling me which of my posts have been flagged as explicit. And I have my profile set as NSFW, and these flags are new as of today. I'm reallt bummed about this. I'm about to just deactivate my account. I'll be spending most of my time on Fetlife and Twitter, and then revamping my Instagram to have no nudity. I'll just leave my links for Twitter on there and they can find the rest of my NSFW stuff from there. I have 10K on Insta, so losing my account would suck, especially bc I had to start over last November at 7K. Instagram is my largest following, and then my snapchat gets about 1.8-2K views daily. I just feel like after Project Maenad announced they were shutting down, and now Tumblr, I'm getting aggravated. I'm still looking for a decent site that will pay out 80 percent on video clip sales, and pay via electronic deposit either daily through Boleyn or weekly. Any suggestions? I've heard Indie Bill doesn't pay on time, but that would have been my first choice. I've also considered ManyVids or IWantClips.
    Last edited by SubSpace666; 12-03-2018 at 06:44 PM. Reason: spelling
    "If you don't live, you won't have anything to write about"

    -- wEiRdMaStE--

    -Everything Zen-

  14. #9
    God/dess whirlerz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    20,007
    Thanks
    38,581
    Thanked 16,088 Times in 8,319 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Arrow Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr


  15. #10
    Featured Member SuperPookie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks
    1,294
    Thanked 1,941 Times in 867 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    Quote Originally Posted by naomi_doll View Post
    The algorithm is really bad, you may want to check and see if anything is flagged (just look at your own posts in the dashboard)

    https://www.theverge.com/2018/12/3/1...algorithm-fail
    There was a bunch of stuff flagged! It was bs to as it wasn't even adult related stuff. I had a few standard comics flagged, a pic of retro lingerie from a high end retailer(not even vaguely pornographic) a few pics of my feet, and one of Bernie Sanders

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperPookie For This Useful Post:


  17. #11
    Featured Member SuperPookie's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,911
    Thanks
    1,294
    Thanked 1,941 Times in 867 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    I wish I'd screenshotted that flag instead of deleting my post

  18. #12
    Featured Member
    Joined
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,039
    Thanks
    198
    Thanked 875 Times in 453 Posts

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    I was about to start a SW tumblr as I used to have a kink blog back in the day and found it fun

    guess not

  19. #13
    Member MxtressValleycat's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Sunderland, UK
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked 86 Times in 24 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    It keeps flagging photos of Jason Momoa, I guess their boob detection bot thinks he has too much pec?

    On a serious note I'm really bummed about this, when I was 18 and hated my body, I found a Tumblr blog that collected nudes of people (who consented) to show off the natural variation of bodies, it made me realise I wasn't a freak, I was normal. Tumblr was there for me when I realised I was queer and couldn't find help or resources, and queer content always, always ends up caught in the crossfire when a site decides to get rid of adult content and yes since I became a sex worker I started using it for promo.

  20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MxtressValleycat For This Useful Post:


  21. #14
    God/dess whirlerz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    20,007
    Thanks
    38,581
    Thanked 16,088 Times in 8,319 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr


  22. #15
    Member
    Joined
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    154
    Thanked 55 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    I got the message, too, in one of my vanilla newsletters. I'm sitting here thinking, now what?

    I'm just getting ready to roll up my sleeves with marketing strategies and Tumblr was that one free "safe place" to post for marketing. Not that I was going to post photos, but literally, NOW WHAT? And how?

  23. #16
    God/dess whirlerz's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    20,007
    Thanks
    38,581
    Thanked 16,088 Times in 8,319 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    Anyone can sign the petition, you can hide your name, if you like

  24. #17
    Veteran Member naomi_doll's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    654
    Thanks
    1,092
    Thanked 933 Times in 386 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    I see some people are going to sharesome now, I'm going to play around with it tonight and see how I like it. - https://sharesome.com

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naomi_doll For This Useful Post:


  26. #18
    Veteran Member EricaErotica's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    420
    Thanks
    344
    Thanked 676 Times in 203 Posts

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    People need to read Sharesome's Terms and Conditions before they start flocking to this site. Apparently, under the penalty of perjury, you must be single or separated from your spouse or domestic partner to use Sharesome.

    Your Additional Representations and Warranties.
    You further represent and warrant to us, under penalty of perjury, as follows:

    You will not provide or permit access or use of the Services, or your Account, by any minors;

    Your Account information is current, complete and accurate and you will promptly update all information to keep your Account and billing information complete and accurate upon any change (such as change of billing address, credit card number or expiration date);

    You have not and will not access or use the Services from any place or jurisdiction where such use is prohibited or contrary to applicable laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, edicts or customs, and you are not a national or resident of any country which the United States has (i) embargoed goods; (ii) identified as a “Specially Designated National”; or (iii) placed on the Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders;

    Your use of the Services is and will be in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, edicts or customs;

    If you establish an Account, you (i) have never been convicted of a felony; and (ii) are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity or agency; and

    You are either single or separated from your spouse or domestic partner.

    You will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated measures to (i) access or use the Services, (ii) circumvent any technical measures we use to provide the Services, (iii) cause harm to us or our affiliated entities, (iv) manipulate the results or outcome of any contest, game, program, or promotion that awards Promotional Tokens (defined below).

    PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND SCREENINGS ON OUR USERS OR MEMBERS.

    For their full Terms and Conditions Statement, go to this link https://sharesome.com/pages/terms-conditions/

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to EricaErotica For This Useful Post:


  28. #19
    Veteran Member naomi_doll's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    654
    Thanks
    1,092
    Thanked 933 Times in 386 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    Quote Originally Posted by EricaErotica View Post
    People need to read Sharesome's Terms and Conditions before they start flocking to this site. Apparently, under the penalty of perjury, you must be single or separated from your spouse or domestic partner to use Sharesome.

    Your Additional Representations and Warranties.
    You further represent and warrant to us, under penalty of perjury, as follows:

    You will not provide or permit access or use of the Services, or your Account, by any minors;

    Your Account information is current, complete and accurate and you will promptly update all information to keep your Account and billing information complete and accurate upon any change (such as change of billing address, credit card number or expiration date);

    You have not and will not access or use the Services from any place or jurisdiction where such use is prohibited or contrary to applicable laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, edicts or customs, and you are not a national or resident of any country which the United States has (i) embargoed goods; (ii) identified as a “Specially Designated National”; or (iii) placed on the Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders;

    Your use of the Services is and will be in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, ordinances, edicts or customs;

    If you establish an Account, you (i) have never been convicted of a felony; and (ii) are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity or agency; and

    You are either single or separated from your spouse or domestic partner.

    You will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated measures to (i) access or use the Services, (ii) circumvent any technical measures we use to provide the Services, (iii) cause harm to us or our affiliated entities, (iv) manipulate the results or outcome of any contest, game, program, or promotion that awards Promotional Tokens (defined below).

    PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND SCREENINGS ON OUR USERS OR MEMBERS.

    For their full Terms and Conditions Statement, go to this link https://sharesome.com/pages/terms-conditions/
    They've changed some other terms after people messaged them on twitter, I'd let them know.

    ETA: They responded to me - https://twitter.com/SharesomeCom/sta...17575846354944

  29. #20
    Veteran Member EricaErotica's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    420
    Thanks
    344
    Thanked 676 Times in 203 Posts

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    Well hopefully they take that out of their Terms and Conditions soon. There really is no need to have that stipulation in the first place.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to EricaErotica For This Useful Post:


  31. #21
    Veteran Member naomi_doll's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    654
    Thanks
    1,092
    Thanked 933 Times in 386 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    Quote Originally Posted by EricaErotica View Post
    Well hopefully they take that out of their Terms and Conditions soon. There really is no need to have that stipulation in the first place.
    I completely agree, thank you for pointing it out. In this day and age its crazy important that we pay attention to all the legalese so we don't end up in a bind.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to naomi_doll For This Useful Post:


  33. #22
    Veteran Member EricaErotica's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    420
    Thanks
    344
    Thanked 676 Times in 203 Posts

    Default Re: Say Goodbye To Porn On Tumblr

    Quote Originally Posted by naomi_doll View Post
    I completely agree, thank you for pointing it out. In this day and age its crazy important that we pay attention to all the legalese so we don't end up in a bind.
    You're welcome. Thanks so much for posting about Sharesome. I really think there is huge potential for it to be the #1 Social Media Platform for Adult Performers. We need something that is just for us very desperately. There is a real void, and I hope they can fill it.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to EricaErotica For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Tumblr
    By cymonehearts in forum Camming Connection
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 10-08-2018, 07:20 AM
  2. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-01-2016, 08:14 AM
  3. Tumblr
    By MessyChick in forum Camming Connection
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2015, 11:48 AM
  4. Tumblr
    By SweetCandy in forum Camming Connection
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-11-2015, 03:50 PM
  5. Porn is back on Tumblr, yall
    By justanothercamgirl in forum Camming Connection
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 01:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •