Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 70 of 70

Thread: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this cheap

  1. #51
    Featured Member
    Joined
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,728
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 160 Times in 135 Posts

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Quote Originally Posted by queenelayliah View Post


    If you skip to 4:00 and listen to 5:05., this would be my answer to the many male supervisors that is now afraid of being alone with their female subordinates . I was just watching youtube and came across this and was like “yes omg. This was the whole purpose of the movement not to make men afraid of women.” Just had to share this wisdom.
    It doesn't matter how much managers check their own behavior. Many have probably been respectful of female employees, and women generally, their whole lives - without having to be told by feminists. The fact is that false charges are being made and it only takes one charge to ruin a man's whole life. MeToo has greatly influenced public opinion toward a bias against the accused in these situations. (The stupid Gillette ad is evidence of this.) It's a good policy for men to avoid being alone with female subordinates in the workplace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenathefabulous View Post
    we are all perverts in the SC in my opinion. Hes a pervert, you're a pervert, I'm a pervert.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Featured Member
    Joined
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,728
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 160 Times in 135 Posts

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Quote Originally Posted by Rispy_Girl View Post
    Just to be clear, this sounds a awful lot like slavery. I seriously doubt the people of the US would ever accept this without Civil War.

    Also if it becomes illegal for patents to stay home and raise their kids you essentially wind up with all kids being orphans raised by the states from a very early age. Great for indoctrination, not so great for the individual and their success in life. Sure people have a right to use nannys, send their kids to preschool and daycare, and send their kids to public school, but for the most part it's a choice. And that is how it should remain. Families should have a right to choose how to raise their kids so long as they aren't harmful to said kids.
    Very astute observation. There are people who believe that children should be raised by the state precisely for that purpose. These people believe that families are inherently harmful. Many of them are in our governments (where they certainly can impose their ideas on everyone else, Rick).

    Daycare is prohibitively expensive, partly because of the heavy, government regulations and certifications imposed. The cost often equals the income of one of the working parents, effectively forcing the family to live on a single income and making it pointless for both spouses to be working in the first place. The government may as well usurp that role from private companies and directly fund them out of the parents' (and everyone else's) taxes.

    It appears that we are moving toward the very thing which you say can't happen here.
    Last edited by Hopper; 03-07-2019 at 03:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenathefabulous View Post
    we are all perverts in the SC in my opinion. Hes a pervert, you're a pervert, I'm a pervert.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    Featured Member
    Joined
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,728
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 160 Times in 135 Posts

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Quote Originally Posted by kirakonstantin View Post
    Agreed and SO strongly. The Soviet Union made it illegal to be unemployed and stay at home parenting was effectively illegal. Children were raised by the State and indoctrinated nearly from birth. Creepy stuff, really.
    The Soviet dream never died. Many in the West still believe it can work. They blame it's failure in Russia on capitalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenathefabulous View Post
    we are all perverts in the SC in my opinion. Hes a pervert, you're a pervert, I'm a pervert.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopper For This Useful Post:


  7. #54
    God/dess DonaDiabla's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,511
    Thanks
    4,786
    Thanked 6,681 Times in 2,453 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Oh I must have stuck an nerve, huh? Really, I do not understand why you are mad at my mail order bride suggestion? Tons of men with your views have found happiness with mail order brides. I believe that mail order brides can fit that bill for men such as yourself. I never stated that I believe that all wives are submissive to their husbands.Blaming my alleged "obnoxious" behavior on feminism is laughable at best. However, I understand why you have an need to blame feminism for everything in you see wrong in women. You have an whole history of making male chauvinist statements on here. In fact, you make statements like this "So I'm only a part-time woman-hater."So, I wouldn't get so self-righteous if I was you. So, I based my criticism on your past statements made on this site and in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post

    Is it any more than a feeling? Do you have an actual reason for saying that? Your own obnoxious behavior indicates that feminism is in reality something other than genuine social justice. A truly intelligent and well-meaning person would not feel the need to resort to personal abuse in order to express her beliefs. At least, not on the basis of one brief comment by the person in question.

    Women have always worked outside the home. There never were any barriers to women working outside the home. The purpose of feminism was never to give women the "right" to have a career. The purpose of feminism is to prevent all women from working outside the home and abolish gender roles altogether. Hence my original question in this thread.
    Last edited by DonaDiabla; 03-07-2019 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Spelling
    Wolves may lurk in every guise / Now as then, 'tis simple truth / Sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth.

  8. #55
    God/dess rickdugan's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    3,663
    Thanked 6,503 Times in 2,194 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Ok Hopper, you're all over the place. It's like your brain struggles to process and categorize the differences between various theories floated out there vs. the on-the-ground realities.

    Here is your original question:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    Serious question: Feminists are now pushing for full equality and abolition of gender roles and gaining massive mainstream acceptance of this idea. Is there any reason for a man to pay for a date?
    The answer is because most people do not live the way that most of these so-called feminists propose that they do. Period.

    You are trying to apply the theories of extremists and other wingnuts that you are obviously watching too much (or the so-called intellectuals and academics as you named them) as a frame of reference for how one acts today and it just doesn't work. Now might our lifestyles drift more that way in the future? Maybe, maybe not. Other theories could take hold over time - these things can be cyclical in nature. Now if you want a woman who already subscribes to those views, I'm sure you can find one out there - go yee forth and all that.

    Oh, and as far as your silly comments about "Joe six pack" and your other attempts to differentiate yourself from the masses with your desire to stay plugged in, you do know that it is educated people who are far more likely to raise their children in this manner than those without college degrees, no? Perhaps you've missed that little factoid despite being plugged into all that riveting content? I wonder why that is?

    One last thing. Writing with more words does not always equate to better points, especially when it contains much circular content and even some contradictory positions. IMHO if you are going to attempt to position yourself as the voice of the educated man, you'd be well served by learning to write with greater focus and efficiency.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:


  10. #56
    Moderator
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,484
    Thanks
    2,846
    Thanked 2,653 Times in 990 Posts

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Quote Originally Posted by rickdugan View Post
    One last thing. Writing with more words does not always equate to better points, especially when it contains much circular content and even some contradictory positions. IMHO if you are going to attempt to position yourself as the voice of the educated man, you'd be well served by learning to write with greater focus and efficiency.
    Good advice for everyone.
    Where am I? Back on the road, dammit


  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bahuba For This Useful Post:


  12. #57
    Featured Member
    Joined
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,728
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 160 Times in 135 Posts

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Quote Originally Posted by DonaDiabla View Post
    Oh I must have stuck an nerve, huh?
    When you said there is something wrong with me and said I should get a mail order bride? Or when you said I am making excuses not to pay for dates? No, that wasn't a nerve. If you insult somebody, it only reflects on you.

    Really, I do not understand why you are mad at my mail order bride suggestion? Tons of men with your views have found happiness with mail order brides. I believe that mail order brides can fit that bill for men such as yourself.
    So you think I am making excuses not to pay for dates but at the same time you think I'm an extreme traditionalist? Whichever it is, it seems you don't believe there is a middle ground.

    I never stated that I believe that all wives are submissive to their husbands.
    No, just housewives, apparently.

    Blaming my alleged "obnoxious" behavior on feminism is laughable at best. However, I understand why you have an need to blame feminism for everything in you see wrong in women.
    So your criticisms of me were nothing at all to do with feminism yet you are criticizing me for not being a feminist. Your comments definitely were obnoxious, regardless of whether or not you made them because you are a feminist. Now, you are trying to obscure that by claiming that I have a problem with women. You have some serious problems to sort out with yourself.

    You have an whole history of making male chauvinist statements on here. In fact, you make statements like this "So I'm only a part-time woman-hater."So, I wouldn't get so self-righteous if I was you. So, I based my criticism on your past statements made on this site and in this thread.
    You picked what was probably a sarcastic reply out of all the comments I've made on this site to prove that I'm a chauvinist. The truth is that I've never said anything chauvinist on this site, certainly not in this thread. Feel free to quote them if you find some though.
    Last edited by Hopper; 03-08-2019 at 05:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenathefabulous View Post
    we are all perverts in the SC in my opinion. Hes a pervert, you're a pervert, I'm a pervert.

  13. #58
    Featured Member
    Joined
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,728
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 160 Times in 135 Posts

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Quote Originally Posted by rickdugan View Post
    Ok Hopper, you're all over the place. It's like your brain struggles to process and categorize the differences between various theories floated out there vs. the on-the-ground realities.

    Here is your original question:



    The answer is because most people do not live the way that most of these so-called feminists propose that they do. Period.
    The feminist dream may or may not actually be realized. The point is that they are trying and that there are many who believe in it. It was ultimately a hypothetical question. "If you believe A then should you also believe B?" I didn't intend it to create a debate on whether or not it will actually happen. But I think it easily could.

    You are trying to apply the theories of extremists and other wingnuts that you are obviously watching too much (or the so-called intellectuals and academics as you named them) as a frame of reference for how one acts today and it just doesn't work. Now might our lifestyles drift more that way in the future? Maybe, maybe not. Other theories could take hold over time - these things can be cyclical in nature. Now if you want a woman who already subscribes to those views, I'm sure you can find one out there - go yee forth and all that.
    Does it sound to you like I want a woman who opposes gender roles? The post above yours accused me of being a chauvinist. It's not just me who's all over the place.

    When people in government, academia, the media and other major institutions 100% back an idea, there is a danger that it will eventually become mainstream, regardless of what other people currently think. It has become the dominant ideology in our institutions. It's not just one of many.

    You have been saying that the majority of ordinary Americans are raising traditional families yet the ordinary American who posted just before you says that this can only be done with mail order brides. There is one ordinary American who disagrees with you and it seems she believes that most ordinary American women are just like her.

    Oh, and as far as your silly comments about "Joe six pack" and your other attempts to differentiate yourself from the masses with your desire to stay plugged in, you do know that it is educated people who are far more likely to raise their children in this manner than those without college degrees, no? Perhaps you've missed that little factoid despite being plugged into all that riveting content? I wonder why that is?
    I don't have a problem with "Joe Six-pack". I used that in response to your claims that the "average suburban couple" steer social trends. I would hope that to a large extent that they do but there are influential people at work to steer them some other place.

    One last thing. Writing with more words does not always equate to better points, especially when it contains much circular content and even some contradictory positions. IMHO if you are going to attempt to position yourself as the voice of the educated man, you'd be well served by learning to write with greater focus and efficiency.
    If it's too long for you, don't read it.
    Last edited by Hopper; 03-08-2019 at 03:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenathefabulous View Post
    we are all perverts in the SC in my opinion. Hes a pervert, you're a pervert, I'm a pervert.

  14. #59
    God/dess rickdugan's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    3,663
    Thanked 6,503 Times in 2,194 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    The feminist dream may or may not actually be realized. The point is that they are trying and that there are many who believe in it. It was ultimately a hypothetical question. "If you believe A then should you also believe B?" I didn't intend it to create a debate on whether or not it will actually happen. But I think it easily could.

    Does it sound to you like I want a woman who opposes gender roles? The post above yours accused me of being a chauvinist. It's not just me who's all over the place.

    When people in government, academia, the media and other major institutions 100% back an idea, there is a danger that it will eventually become mainstream, regardless of what other people currently think. It has become the dominant ideology in our institutions. It's not just one of many.

    You have been saying that the majority of ordinary Americans are raising traditional families yet the ordinary American who posted just before you says that this can only be done with mail order brides. There is one ordinary American who disagrees with you and it seems she believes that most ordinary American women are just like her.

    I don't have a problem with "Joe Six-pack". I used that in response to your claims that the "average suburban couple" steer social trends. I would hope that to a large extent that they do but there are influential people at work to steer them some other place.

    If it's too long for you, don't read it.
    Hopper, you posed it as a concrete question in the present tense, not as some hypothetical. If your intention was otherwise, then you should have framed the question better. Again, focus and efficiency.

    As far as the rest, I rest my case. You're taking the views of extremists, other wingnuts and one SW poster and extrapolating, all under the theory that there are elements working to bring this to reality. So what if there are? This is not a today issue, nor does obsessing over it accomplish anything. There are elements trying to bring all sorts of things to reality. Again, cultural shifts tend to be cyclical. They also tend to swing a bit on a pendulum. For some reason, you seem to believe that the tail wags the dog, but many Presidents and other politicians have learned otherwise the hard way.

    What you are displaying are classic symptoms of an under-achieving malcontent (not saying you are one), which include: (1) the belief that he/she is somehow smarter than others around them who live different lifestyles; and (2) the tendency to over-react to outside stimulus and use it as an excuse for why a situation is bad in some way. OTOH, those who live the way they want to do so by processing outside opinions and stimuli in a healthy way and by structuring their lives in ways that best suit their preferred lifestyles.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:


  16. #60
    God/dess DonaDiabla's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,511
    Thanks
    4,786
    Thanked 6,681 Times in 2,453 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Excuse you but do not lump me in with people you call extremists and wingnuts. Just because my views come from an non-Western background does not mean that I should be worked into that narrative.


    Quote Originally Posted by rickdugan View Post
    Hopper, you posed it as a concrete question in the present tense, not as some hypothetical. If your intention was otherwise, then you should have framed the question better. Again, focus and efficiency.

    As far as the rest, I rest my case. You're taking the views of extremists, other wingnuts and one SW poster and extrapolating, all under the theory that there are elements working to bring this to reality. So what if there are? This is not a today issue, nor does obsessing over it accomplish anything. There are elements trying to bring all sorts of things to reality. Again, cultural shifts tend to be cyclical. They also tend to swing a bit on a pendulum. For some reason, you seem to believe that the tail wags the dog, but many Presidents and other politicians have learned otherwise the hard way.

    What you are displaying are classic symptoms of an under-achieving malcontent (not saying you are one), which include: (1) the belief that he/she is somehow smarter than others around them who live different lifestyles; and (2) the tendency to over-react to outside stimulus and use it as an excuse for why a situation is bad in some way. OTOH, those who live the way they want to do so by processing outside opinions and stimuli in a healthy way and by structuring their lives in ways that best suit their preferred lifestyles.
    Wolves may lurk in every guise / Now as then, 'tis simple truth / Sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DonaDiabla For This Useful Post:


  18. #61
    God/dess rickdugan's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    3,663
    Thanked 6,503 Times in 2,194 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    ^LOL Donna. Hopper was the one who lumped you in to support his claims - I was just responding. I didn't even remember what he was referring to truth be told. I went back and read your posts and IMHO most of what you posted was spot on. I particularly agree with the notion that there is something else going on with him, as I alluded to in my last paragraph above. Sadly though he is not alone.

    Though i'll take exception to one thing, which is the notion that a guy has to find a mail order bride to live a more traditional life, lol. Yes guys need to make more compromises than perhaps they did 50 years ago, but there are plenty of homegrown women who value the same structure in which to raise their children. One just has to seek them out. Also, contrary to popular belief, (and as you pointed out) the women of yester-year were not nearly as submissive or controlled as some simple minded folks seem to believe. Shit, many of the women in my family have been wearing the pants (so to speak) for as long as I can remember and I'm pushing 50 now.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:


  20. #62
    God/dess DonaDiabla's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    3,511
    Thanks
    4,786
    Thanked 6,681 Times in 2,453 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Yes, Hopper did lumped me in with those people LOL, I bet he does not know who he was addressing in his last post. I would like to address with the whole mail order bride statements. I felt that he's the type of man who believe that traditional women can't found locally. So, I thought that suggesting he get an mail order bride would be best. Because his views on traditional women seem based more in the Victorian era than our modern age

    Quote Originally Posted by rickdugan View Post
    ^LOL Donna. Hopper was the one who lumped you in to support his claims - I was just responding. I didn't even remember what he was referring to truth be told. I went back and read your posts and IMHO most of what you posted was spot on. I particularly agree with the notion that there is something else going on with him, as I alluded to in my last paragraph above. Sadly though he is not alone.

    Though i'll take exception to one thing, which is the notion that a guy has to find a mail order bride to live a more traditional life, lol. Yes guys need to make more compromises than perhaps they did 50 years ago, but there are plenty of homegrown women who value the same structure in which to raise their children. One just has to seek them out. Also, contrary to popular belief, (and as you pointed out) the women of yester-year were not nearly as submissive or controlled as some simple minded folks seem to believe. Shit, many of the women in my family have been wearing the pants (so to speak) for as long as I can remember and I'm pushing 50 now.
    Last edited by DonaDiabla; 03-08-2019 at 09:07 AM.
    Wolves may lurk in every guise / Now as then, 'tis simple truth / Sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth.

  21. #63
    Featured Member
    Joined
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,728
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 160 Times in 135 Posts

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Quote Originally Posted by rickdugan View Post
    Hopper, you posed it as a concrete question in the present tense, not as some hypothetical. If your intention was otherwise, then you should have framed the question better. Again, focus and efficiency.
    I said that feminists are pushing for full equality and abolition of gender roles. I didn't say we are there yet. The second part of the question was in the present tense but then if we are considering one then we might also be considering the other. However I phrased it, it's nothing to do with what I would like to happen.

    If you believe in focus and efficiency, you could lower your own word count as well as mine by skipping the amateur psychoanalysis and sticking to the actual debate. Not everyone who disagrees with you needs psychiatric counseling. You are just going way off topic with that nonsense.

    As far as the rest, I rest my case. You're taking the views of extremists, other wingnuts and one SW poster and extrapolating, all under the theory that there are elements working to bring this to reality. So what if there are? This is not a today issue, nor does obsessing over it accomplish anything. There are elements trying to bring all sorts of things to reality. Again, cultural shifts tend to be cyclical. They also tend to swing a bit on a pendulum. For some reason, you seem to believe that the tail wags the dog, but many Presidents and other politicians have learned otherwise the hard way.
    Asking one simple question about a current trend in public thinking isn't obsessing. The issue I raised is now a regular topic in major newspapers and on mainstream radio and TV, as well as in our government and academic institutions, big corporations and all the way up to international organizations. They can't all be "wing-nuts". If these beliefs weren't influential, they would simply never make it into any of those areas, just as nobody who believes the Earth is flat or the sun moves around the Earth would be employed at NASA. If the average person is the "dog" in this instance, then they don't seem to know what their "tail" is doing.

    I don't oppose all of the changes that have occurred in relations between the sexes over the past two centuries. A lot of it has been positive. I am talking about the present campaign to take it to an unrealistic extreme.

    What you are displaying are classic symptoms of an under-achieving malcontent (not saying you are one), which include: (1) the belief that he/she is somehow smarter than others around them who live different lifestyles; and (2) the tendency to over-react to outside stimulus and use it as an excuse for why a situation is bad in some way. OTOH, those who live the way they want to do so by processing outside opinions and stimuli in a healthy way and by structuring their lives in ways that best suit their preferred lifestyles.
    Of course I have a personality problem. How else could I disagree with you? You are so much smarter.

    I'm processing your opinions just fine and I disagree with them. Are you processing mine? Is it my fault if I take an interest in certain political events more than most other people? Is my lifestyle or level of achievement anything at all to do with that? Anyone with basic literacy can read a newspaper.

    Quote Originally Posted by rickdugan View Post
    ^LOL Donna. Hopper was the one who lumped you in to support his claims - I was just responding. I didn't even remember what he was referring to truth be told. I went back and read your posts and IMHO most of what you posted was spot on. I particularly agree with the notion that there is something else going on with him, as I alluded to in my last paragraph above. Sadly though he is not alone.
    Yes, there is something going on. I'm taking notice of what happens outside of my own little patch in the suburbs. Mustn't be as common as I thought.

    Though i'll take exception to one thing, which is the notion that a guy has to find a mail order bride to live a more traditional life, lol. Yes guys need to make more compromises than perhaps they did 50 years ago, but there are plenty of homegrown women who value the same structure in which to raise their children. One just has to seek them out. Also, contrary to popular belief, (and as you pointed out) the women of yester-year were not nearly as submissive or controlled as some simple minded folks seem to believe. Shit, many of the women in my family have been wearing the pants (so to speak) for as long as I can remember and I'm pushing 50 now.
    Just the fact that you have to explain that to anyone shows that the influence I am talking about isn't limited to a few wing-nuts. Or are you going to give her a psychiatric evaluation too?

    Quote Originally Posted by DonaDiabla View Post
    Yes, Hopper did lumped me in with those people LOL, I bet he does not know who he was addressing in his last post. I would like to address with the whole mail order bride statements. I felt that he's the type of man who believe that traditional women can't found locally. So, I thought that suggesting he get an mail order bride would be best. Because his views on traditional women seem based more in the Victorian era than our modern age
    Who says I want to be married?

    Of course there are still "traditional" women in the West. What we call "traditional" is just the natural instinct of all men and women to do what works best in our social and economic system. It's not a "Victorian" anachronism.

    Women have always been allowed to have careers and many women reached the top of their field. For just one of many examples, there is Coco Chanel, who in the post WW1 years created one of the top, international women's fashion design and manufacture businesses. Another example is Flora Shaw, who became the colonial editor of the London Times in 1892, an enormously influential position of international importance which raised her to the level of the English governing and business elites. This was nine years before the death of Queen Victoria.

    This was all decades before feminists marched into the streets and burned their bras. The only reason most women didn't enter the workforce was that they didn't need to, because from the beginning of the industrial revolution to the 1960s, families could thrive on a single wage. Before the industrial revolution, most wives had to work outside the home.

    Why would most married women want to work? Their husbands don't want to work - they do it because they have to. What were women missing out on? Did they have nothing else to do? OTOH, if any woman has a genuine calling to a career and she can prove it to everyone through her efforts, the same as men have to, then why would anyone want to stand in her way?

    For about 35 years now, male-dominated industries have been 100% behind women, pushing them into the workforce from when they leave school to middle-age. The only reason not all women enter them is that they don't need to and don't want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenathefabulous View Post
    we are all perverts in the SC in my opinion. Hes a pervert, you're a pervert, I'm a pervert.

  22. #64
    God/dess miss.a.p1600's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,060
    Thanks
    27,596
    Thanked 17,867 Times in 6,311 Posts
    My Mood
    Bitchy

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    Serious question: Feminists are now pushing for full equality and abolition of gender roles and gaining massive mainstream acceptance of this idea. Is there any reason for a man to pay for a date?
    There are many levels/types of feminism.

    Yes a man pays for a date to show his willingness to give a small investment in a woman that he sees as more than an acquaintance/friend and wants to spend more time with. He is conveying the thought that he is serious about being with her and giving her an idea of what it would be like should they pursue a commitment, relationship, marriage and giving her a reason to turn down other men who may also be pursuing her.

    If a guy didn’t have income or only liked the woman as a friend then there would be no reason to pay for the date.

    Hypothetically speaking if a woman were a feminist she would still allow the man to pay for first date but would pay for every other date, every 3rd date, etc
    Last edited by miss.a.p1600; 03-09-2019 at 08:51 AM.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:


  24. #65
    Veteran Member yaya_cash's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Coming from Hu$tleston
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    292
    Thanked 409 Times in 199 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Hopper:
    Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    There are many levels/types of feminism.

    Yes a man pays for a date to show his willingness to give a small investment in a woman that he sees as more than an acquaintance/friend and wants to spend more time with. He is conveying the thought that he is serious about being with her and giving her an idea of what it would be like should they pursue a commitment, relationship, marriage and giving her a reason to turn down other men who may also be pursuing her.

    If a guy didn’t have income or only liked the woman as a friend then there would be no reason to pay for the date.

    Hypothetically speaking if a woman were a feminist she would still allow the man to pay for first date but would pay for every other date, every 3rd date, etc
    Isn't feminism supposed to be what is equal or fair? And how is that fair when women still earn less than men and slit the bill in half?
    Last edited by yaya_cash; 03-11-2019 at 02:43 AM.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to yaya_cash For This Useful Post:


  26. #66
    Featured Member
    Joined
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,728
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 160 Times in 135 Posts

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    There are many levels/types of feminism.
    There has really only ever been one. Other people just pick and choose which parts to agree or disagree with, although feminists are often dishonest about what they actually stand for, i.e. they pretend that their definition of "equality" is the same as most other people's, when it is not.

    Yes a man pays for a date to show his willingness to give a small investment in a woman that he sees as more than an acquaintance/friend and wants to spend more time with. He is conveying the thought that he is serious about being with her and giving her an idea of what it would be like should they pursue a commitment, relationship, marriage and giving her a reason to turn down other men who may also be pursuing her.

    If a guy didn’t have income or only liked the woman as a friend then there would be no reason to pay for the date.
    For most people now it is.

    Hypothetically speaking if a woman were a feminist she would still allow the man to pay for first date but would pay for every other date, every 3rd date, etc
    Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by yaya_cash View Post
    Hopper:

    Isn't feminism supposed to be what is equal or fair? And how is that fair when women still earn less than men and slit the bill eaqually?
    That's not how feminism is supposed to work. They don't use sexism to make up for sexism, they flatly oppose all sexism. They excuse it in some situations, such as "positive discrimination" in employment, but they don't believe in encouraging traditional forms of sexism.
    Last edited by Hopper; 03-11-2019 at 09:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenathefabulous View Post
    we are all perverts in the SC in my opinion. Hes a pervert, you're a pervert, I'm a pervert.

  27. #67
    God/dess rickdugan's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    3,663
    Thanked 6,503 Times in 2,194 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
    Yes, there is something going on. I'm taking notice of what happens outside of my own little patch in the suburbs. Mustn't be as common as I thought.
    Back to the classic malcontent personality disorder, including the belief that he is doing something right that others are not. You must be real fun at parties Hopper.

    Did it ever occur to you that many others see a lot of the same crap that you do, but just don't take it as seriously? Certainly not so seriously that they'll ask whether guys should stop paying for dates, lol. Do you really believe that this is because you are just so much better informed than "Joe Six Pack?"

    But I see that your deep intellect isn't limited to predicting future societal trends. Now you are also an expert on feminism, which you made clear with your lofty pronouncement that there is only one version of feminism. Could you please include a link the the feminist bible for us, so that we may all catch up? Because in my obviously more limited understanding of the world, self proclaimed feminists themselves cannot seem to agree on all of the tenets. Please educate us even more.

    If only your bosses at work could see you for who you are, right?

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:


  29. #68
    Featured Member
    Joined
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,728
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 160 Times in 135 Posts

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Quote Originally Posted by rickdugan View Post
    Back to the classic malcontent personality disorder, including the belief that he is doing something right that others are not. You must be real fun at parties Hopper.

    I'm usually the one being lectured, like I am right now. All I have to do is open my mouth.

    Did it ever occur to you that many others see a lot of the same crap that you do, but just don't take it as seriously? Certainly not so seriously that they'll ask whether guys should stop paying for dates, lol. Do you really believe that this is because you are just so much better informed than "Joe Six Pack?"
    I love Joe Six-pack. He's my kind of person. He doesn't get in my face.

    People see the same crap that I do. They just don't understand it. If they did, they would take it seriously. The media presents it as something which is positive and non-threatening.

    We are not at the point where men will stop paying for dates or women will not expect them to. But there is serious talk in the mass media about young boys wearing butterfly wings and runners with glitter sparkles on them. Imagine them on a date when they are older.

    We also have boys identifying as girls and being allowed to compete in girl's school competition sports. That's going much further than not paying for dates.

    But I see that your deep intellect isn't limited to predicting future societal trends. Now you are also an expert on feminism, which you made clear with your lofty pronouncement that there is only one version of feminism. Could you please include a link the the feminist bible for us, so that we may all catch up? Because in my obviously more limited understanding of the world, self proclaimed feminists themselves cannot seem to agree on all of the tenets. Please educate us even more.
    All mass movements have various factions within them. The core tenets and primary aims are common to all kinds of feminism. When they argue, it is only about minor points. They argue because feminism is dogmatic by nature, not because it really matters. People are by nature individuals, so whenever there is a mass movement, everyone in it will argue about what they should all believe.

    Feminism has not basically changed since the late 18th C.

    If only your bosses at work could see you for who you are, right?
    I'd be more worried about where.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenathefabulous View Post
    we are all perverts in the SC in my opinion. Hes a pervert, you're a pervert, I'm a pervert.

  30. #69
    Moderator
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,484
    Thanks
    2,846
    Thanked 2,653 Times in 990 Posts

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Hopper man, I don't want this to come off the wrong way, but you do realize this is a support site for dancers, cam people, and colleagues? We have a few blues on here - probably a 10% ratio - to presumably add experience and to be sounding boards and perhaps "internet friends". As you can read above, your willingness to debate is taken positively by some of our posters, which is a good sign for you.

    However, we're not really here to encourage one and done board fights. If I may, I suggest that you find something or someone here that you can get behind in a positive way. Please don't answer me back with a wall of text, it will tell me you've entirely missed the point of my post and are just here to spar, something we don't really need.

    Can you share with us a positive experience you've had in a club, or perhaps tell us a little bit about how you came by your interest in modern feminism, or what your credentials are, etc? That would help to give us some context. Thanks.
    Where am I? Back on the road, dammit


  31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bahuba For This Useful Post:


  32. #70
    Featured Member
    Joined
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,728
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 160 Times in 135 Posts

    Default Re: A little bit of empathy for the dancers - if they ever have to deal with this che

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahuba View Post
    Hopper man, I don't want this to come off the wrong way, but you do realize this is a support site for dancers, cam people, and colleagues? We have a few blues on here - probably a 10% ratio - to presumably add experience and to be sounding boards and perhaps "internet friends". As you can read above, your willingness to debate is taken positively by some of our posters, which is a good sign for you.
    I couldn't even begin to speculate about what was going through that guy's head when he sent those texts the OP posted. There's not a lot I can say about it. I definitely don't support how he behaved.

    However, we're not really here to encourage one and done board fights. If I may, I suggest that you find something or someone here that you can get behind in a positive way. Please don't answer me back with a wall of text, it will tell me you've entirely missed the point of my post and are just here to spar, something we don't really need.
    You could have fooled me. I got debated on everything, to the point of having my personality problems calculated to ten decimal places. I didn't expect the premise of my question to be controversial. But if you take the quotes out of my posts, they are not that long. I'm here to be constructive. I'm behind anyone who wants to do that.

    Can you share with us a positive experience you've had in a club, or perhaps tell us a little bit about how you came by your interest in modern feminism, or what your credentials are, etc? That would help to give us some context. Thanks.
    I've met many good dancers and staff in clubs. I ignore the unpleasantness. I take SCs as they are. I don't have any expectations about them. I even enjoy the seedy side of them to some extent. It reminds me that the real world doesn't end at the door. I get a buzz out of the whole scene, because it's always seemed so crazy to me, as well as being a turn-on.

    I lived with a leading university feminist activist and had feminism ringing in my ears 24/7 for a whole year. I had all the debates, in much greater depth than most people do, with her and her "women's group" friends, sometimes into the early hours, just me and them around our kitchen table. There's my credentials. I have the advantage of knowing feminism from the inside as well as seeing it from the outside, without being blinded by the dogma. I've read a lot about it since, and had many more encounters with it, which gave me further insights on it's aims and means.

    My interest in feminism was never to do with any personal issues about women. Feminism is primarily a political movement and I am interested in political issues. The End. Anyone who thinks I have personal issues because I oppose feminism simply doesn't want to admit that I may know something about feminism which he or she doesn't. They haven't done the hard yards and taken time out to properly learn about it, because they are really just not that interested in it. Any hard-core feminist would agree with most of what I say about it. They don't say it to everyone, simply because it is too radical for most other people to accept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenathefabulous View Post
    we are all perverts in the SC in my opinion. Hes a pervert, you're a pervert, I'm a pervert.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. How to deal with dancers who are on drugs and violent
    By Kittykatrina in forum Stripping (was Stripping General)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-03-2018, 06:35 PM
  2. How to deal with other dancers stealing your money?
    By Goodie232 in forum Dollar Den
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-20-2016, 09:15 PM
  3. How to deal with meam/bitchy dancers?
    By hello-kitty in forum Stripping (was Stripping General)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 03:49 PM
  4. $50 for half-hour- is this a good deal for dancers?
    By SerenaSin in forum Stripping (was Stripping General)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 08:11 PM
  5. Dancers Cheap When it Comes to Buying Costumes
    By Tina in forum Stripping (was Stripping General)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 10:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •