Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has the lifestyle ruined dating for you

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Default Has the lifestyle ruined dating for you

I'm trying to date this guy. He's younger so I'm trying to be patient but I'm seeing some red flags sorta early. One day his mom gave us a ride home and she told me she wanted to have a sit down with me

"I am very protective of my son even though he's grown," with grown in air quotes. ITS BEEN A MONTH!!!

Now I feel that if I tried to date him I'd be dating his mom.

Am I reading too much into it?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whodathoe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Default Re: Has the lifestyle ruined dating for you

Mmmmm yeah run.

The fact that you only been dating for a month and his mom asked you for a “sit down” to basically say “hey im watching you and if i dont like you, you’re out”. I think you will be dating him and the mother. You know those horror stories about crazy mother in laws, well your about to have one ahead of time.
    Last edited by queenelayliah; 03-04-2019 at 08:41 PM. Reason: I seriously need to read my posts before submitting.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 687 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

His mother would be a MAJOR red flag, regardless of your occupation. Id want any prospective partner to have a healthy relationship with their mother, as I feel it ultimately reflects on their disposition towards women in general, an encounter like that would have me thinking I was dealing with WAY too much of a mamas boy type, and Im just turned off by that. Im not getting into a relationship just to have a parent (mine or theirs) trying to play puppet master with either of us.
    My hair seems to be seized by the wind
    But I must continue this trip, never looking back.
    Never looking back...

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Featured Member trustfundkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 Times in 823 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

If anything, being in this business has helped me with dating. I know my worth, I demand the utmost respect, I don't tolerate nonsense, and my standards are the highest they've ever been. I would move on from that relationship. He's a man child. Why is his mom giving you two a ride? Does he not have a car? Can he not afford Uber? His mom clearly still sees him as a child if she uses the word "grown" with air quotes. Also, she wants to have a sit down talk with you? Thank you, next. There's only one adult in this relationship, and it's not him. You deserve better.

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Next this mama’s boy real fast. Especially if he doesn’t have a car. I’ve seen too many coworkers settle for less. Aim for the sky!

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to StarryDancer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,055 Posts

Blue here - can I ask, what was his reaction when you told him?
    Where am I? Europe

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bahuba For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 18,587 Times in 6,596 Posts
    My Mood
    Bitchy

Mamas boy.....if you feel like dealing with dude AND his mother go ahead but just know that type of situation is an uphill battle because you will be competing with a mom who does not know how to release her son from her teets and/or a dude who most likely is not mature/emotionally intelligent

Also you said she gave y’all a ride. Is he without car? Or just she happened to give a ride cause y’all needed a designated driver or something? If he is an adult with no car then you’re going to have to end it here unless you want that poverty struggle
    Last edited by miss.a.p1600; 03-04-2019 at 06:35 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by whodathoe View Post
    I'm trying to date this guy. He's younger so I'm trying to be patient but I'm seeing some red flags sorta early. One day his mom gave us a ride home and she told me she wanted to have a sit down with me

"I am very protective of my son even though he's grown," with grown in air quotes. ITS BEEN A MONTH!!!

All I needed to hear were the words "mom gave us a ride home" ........NO WAY. Run from this dude.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 2,312 Posts

I don't think you should have met his mom after only 4 weeks . Was this just random ? Does he have a car ( if not, run ).

17. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 2,312 Posts

To answer the question ... yeah ... it has ruined me in a way. I'm impatient.
    I'm also really good at not getting my time wasted so it's two sides of the coin.
    Sex workers overall I find really value their own time and are protective of it. It's actually a good thing for dating.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 03-04-2019 at 10:41 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,172 Times in 4,417 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whodathoe View Post

It depends on how much she knows about you PLUS whether she's open-minded or not.

I can honestly say as most people mature they get less demanding of others and more focused on their own world.

Play it by ear?

& Honestly after retiring from the adult biz I viewed dating with the same lack of interest as I had before I decided to be a stripper.
    He who controls the spice controls the universe, chingada madre

Boomerang my cremains into the Pacific Ocean AYYYO

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,002 Times in 984 Posts
    My Mood
    Confused
    Blog Entries

WHAT! That’s crazy! Oh gosh buyer beware. No this job made my relationship better. Now I’m being compensated instead of just being used.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Working in the night club/bar life isn't good for dating.

Mom talk sounds way intimidating.

Featured Member EastCoastDancer01's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 713 Posts

I would NEVER date a dude with a mom like that, WTF! In regards to the lifestyle ruining dating for us...I feel like it just weeds out all the insecure, judgmental losers who can’t accept what we do. And also the cheap, broke f*ckers who can’t afford us. It definitely limits our dating selection, but that is also a good thing! It tosses out all the undesirables we’re better off without. In the OP’s case, you’re clearly better off without this dude and his creepy mom! Yikes!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EastCoastDancer01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Dating has ruined dating for me. I only ever seem to attract shitty guys anyway and that goes back to well before I started dancing. If anything, dancing was a positive in that it taught me to figure out, enforce, and periodically examine what I am and am not willing to put up with.

That said, if you're only a month into it with this guy and his mother has already come onto you that aggressively, I would take that as a sharp warning from the universe and jump ship before you get any more invested in him.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jalena For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,163 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

My ex's mom stuck her nose in my biz waaay to often esp since we were staying there temporarily. I was THE only one in the relationship trying to make money & I had just quit dancing to do other things. I was making good money doing those silly focus studies & market research things weekly & saving all of it, meanwhile manchild got money from her almost daily. She told me one day in her snide little tone that "It's great you're getting these studies, but it's really just beer money". I rolled my eyes & went on with my life. Most moms are nosy ass cunts & their "lil boys" will never be truly yours. They will always listen to their mother's opinions even if it's just trash talk.

RUN
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,604 Times in 3,119 Posts
    My Mood
    Confused

Ok, that is a major red flag if his mom was driving you guys home and was using air quotes to refer to him as grown. How old is he? Is he a teenager or early 20s? Regardless of his age, I'd be careful. Overbearing mothers can ruin and in some cases prevent their sons from having healthy relationships because the mother/son relationship is unhealthily overattached and codependent. He could be a classic mama's boy who will break up with you just because mama said.

As for my thoughts on dating and the lifestyle..oh yeah, dating is ruined for me big time! I have zero trust in men's ability to be faithful anymore due to the crazy amount of customers who are married or in long-term relationships and cheated on their wives and significant others with me. If someone is not faithful to me, I have no desire to do the same. That's why I think that if I ever got married it would have to be a mutually open marriage. I would love to find a man to settle down with, marry, and have a family together but in the current dating trend of endless meaningless booty calls, it's all a hoop dream. It seems pointless anymore to waste time on meaningless, dead-end relationships that are not going anywhere and have no benefits financially or emotionally. At least with work I am benefiting financially.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 516 Posts

I think I'm happier doing my own thing

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amberlly For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Not really. You can tell how men are by a mile away.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Run! I wouldn't date a mama's boy even if he had a ton of money and I love money.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Elle:) For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

Quote Originally Posted by Elle:) View Post
    Run! I wouldn't date a mama's boy even if he had a ton of money and I love money.
    Exactly! Like you might have a luxury lifestyle but at the expense of it most likely being controlled my mommy who could easily write you and dude (if married) out of the will for making decisions that mommy doesn’t like.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by WendiStarr View Post
    Ok, that is a major red flag if his mom was driving you guys home and was using air quotes to refer to him as grown. How old is he? Is he a teenager or early 20s? Regardless of his age, I'd be careful. Overbearing mothers can ruin and in some cases prevent their sons from having healthy relationships because the mother/son relationship is unhealthily overattached and codependent. He could be a classic mama's boy who will break up with you just because mama said.

As for my thoughts on dating and the lifestyle..oh yeah, dating is ruined for me big time! I have zero trust in men's ability to be faithful anymore due to the crazy amount of customers who are married or in long-term relationships and cheated on their wives and significant others with me. If someone is not faithful to me, I have no desire to do the same. That's why I think that if I ever got married it would have to be a mutually open marriage. I would love to find a man to settle down with, marry, and have a family together but in the current dating trend of endless meaningless booty calls, it's all a hoop dream. It seems pointless anymore to waste time on meaningless, dead-end relationships that are not going anywhere and have no benefits financially or emotionally. At least with work I am benefiting financially.
    Im 24 and hes 19

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPopcorn View Post
    What else happened? Her saying just that one sentence doesn't provide a lot to go on. Did you sit down with her? And how much younger? Is he 18 and you're in your 40s?
    Im 24 he's 19. We havent had the sit down yet just her asking me about basics (occupation, age, etc)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

Yeah some old school adults don’t see their “kids” as true adults until they are 25 and fully self-sufficient.

The average college student 18-23/24 still can’t rent a car, hasn’t worked a “real” job, still depend on mommy and daddy financially, and has been so sheltered they aren’t true adults in the self-sufficient sense.

You will be regressing yourself if you date this man-child still attached to his overbearing mother

Thanks
    Thanked 10,604 Times in 3,119 Posts
    My Mood
    Confused

Ok, so he is a teenager. That explains a lot. What are you hoping to gain from this relationship? It sounds like you could be setting yourself up for much unnecessary drama by dating this boy.
    "There will always be a part of me that is dirty and sloppy, but I like that, just like all the other parts of myself. I can forgive. Can you say the same for yourself, fucker?" - Silver Linings Playbook

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast