Thread: examples of thick vs fat

Thanks

Default examples of thick vs fat

since so many threads seem to be oh im thick maybe i should dance, I just want to put this up as an example of what imo opinion is thick vs fat. Perhaps with actual visual examples some clarity can be had from managements viewpoint.

These are pulled from two famous women in public eye of which doesnt always transfer to the club mindset

Now Gia is thick where as Ashley no matter what sports illustrated says is fat. im sure this will bring other opinions, but these two ladies are the easiest ones I found to show the very slim line that exists between these two definitions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OmegaWest For This Useful Post:

Featured Member trustfundkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 802 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Default Re: examples of thick vs fat

Ashley Graham looks overweight and unhealthy to me. She's gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but I would consider her fat. The other girl is "thick" and looks to be athletic and in shape, she has curves in all the right places.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 18,502 Times in 5,090 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaWest View Post
    since so many threads seem to be oh im thick maybe i should dance, I just want to put this up as an example of what imo opinion is thick vs fat. Perhaps with actual visual examples some clarity can be had from managements viewpoint.

These are pulled from two famous women in public eye of which doesnt always transfer to the club mindset

Now Gia is thick where as Ashley no matter what sports illustrated says is fat. im sure this will bring other opinions, but these two ladies are the easiest ones I found to show the very slim line that exists between these two definitions.
    What club do you own?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,412 Times in 1,153 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

LMAO ya Ashley is so 'fat' that she made it into sports illustrated . Her body type is whats "in" right now, case you haven't noticed. Women are going above & beyond to get all kinds of surgery to have big hips & big asses fyi. You're obviously unrealistic to what fat & thick are.
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    LMAO ya Ashley is so 'fat' that she made it into sports illustrated . Her body type is whats "in" right now, case you haven't noticed. Women are going above & beyond to get all kinds of surgery to have big hips & big asses fyi. You're obviously unrealistic to what fat & thick are.
    Well, I mean, she is fat. There's no denying that. According to Google she's 5'9, 201lbs which puts her at a BMI of 29.7. BMI 25+ is overweight and BMI 30+ is obese. I think she's gorgeous and everyone should be comfortable in their own skin regardless of size, but from a medical standpoint, yes she is fat.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

As for dancing, it really doesn't matter if you're thick or fat. I've seen all body types bank. Some clubs are more accepting than others, but in this industry I wouldn't let weight hold someone back if they want to give dancing a shot. There really is someone for everyone. You can show me any woman and I can show you a man who thinks she's a goddess. If someone is unsure, the best thing to do is audition and see how it goes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,844 Times in 6,304 Posts
    My Mood
    Bitchy

I would post some pics when I get time but here’s how I see thick vs fat

Thick = big thighs, wide hips, small stomach, big butt, big perky breasts, muscle tone, hour glass shape

Fat = obese/overweight but stomach hangs over pants, flat but wide butt, no hips, large saggy breasts, no muscle tone, no shape...

Omega is right and in industries where physical appearance is highly relevant to the job, there is a fine line. In my opinion, Ashley Graham is on the border but If I had to rate thick vs fat only ...... I say she’s thick

She has a beautiful face, thick thighs, nice large breasts, but If she tightened her stomach, toned up, she’d definitely be thick.

She’s naturally beautiful and doesn’t appear to have any plastic surgery and it takes Uber confidence for women especially “plus” size women to pull that off in the fashion industry.
    Last edited by miss.a.p1600; 03-13-2019 at 07:04 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,412 Times in 1,153 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by trustfundkiller View Post
    Well, I mean, she is fat. There's no denying that. According to Google she's 5'9, 201lbs which puts her at a BMI of 29.7. BMI 25+ is overweight and BMI 30+ is obese. I think she's gorgeous and everyone should be comfortable in their own skin regardless of size, but from a medical standpoint, yes she is fat.
    She has a larger frame than most avg women do. I have a larger frame myself but not as large as hers. I don't see her as medically overweight due to having a larger frame. BMI is hilarious these days. Just bc someone isn't all "toned up" & looks like they aren't society's fit size doesn't equate to obesity. Hell if that's the case then I'm screwed lol coz I weigh the same as her & am as healthy as ever. She actually works out alot fyi

This is def a troll post btw ~ I think mods might need to consider taking it down bc of how absurd it is, honestly.
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

Thanks
    Thanked 18,502 Times in 5,090 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    She has a larger frame than most avg women do. I have a larger frame myself but not as large as hers. I don't see her as medically overweight due to having a larger frame. BMI is hilarious these days. Just bc someone isn't all "toned up" & looks like they aren't society's fit size doesn't equate to obesity. Hell if that's the case then I'm screwed lol coz I weigh the same as her & am as healthy as ever. She actually works out alot fyi

This is def a troll post btw ~ I think mods might need to consider taking it down bc of how absurd it is, honestly.
    Report the thread so that it's documented.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

Technically the average size in society for women is size 12 so Ashley Graham is right on target (I assume she’s about a 10/12). I think she looks great and I love her confidence.

The only thing is in industries where it’s based on looks/physical appearance (modeling, high fashion, anything where your face/body is in front of a camera) the standards are a bit more strict

BMI is basically to help for those who are /overweight/obese to prevent weight related medical issues such as hypertension, diabetes, etc. It can also be helpful for example in high fashion where models become underweight and risk health consequences that come along

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

this wasnt intended as a troll post just my opinion as i said when i posted. if mods think that is the case I will be happy to remove it since i have offended with my opinion which wasnt the intent

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhatGirlDynomite!!! View Post
    What club do you own?
    26 years in the club business 10 in the booth and 16 as management in both florida and texas, am now partnered up to build in spain

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OmegaWest For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by trustfundkiller View Post
    BMI is a load of crock. It's just weight to height ratio. There are plenty of pics online if women at the same weight liking crazy fit vs. not toned. I actually experienced that recently because I lost a bunch of fat, gained a bunch of muscle and when I finally weighed myself shall I actually weighed more lol.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rispy_Girl For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Rispy_Girl View Post
    BMI is a load of crock. It's just weight to height ratio. There are plenty of pics online if women at the same weight liking crazy fit vs. not toned. I actually experienced that recently because I lost a bunch of fat, gained a bunch of muscle and when I finally weighed myself shall I actually weighed more lol.
    Agree, BMI is not an accurate depiction. Body fat percentage however, is much better at assessing overall health. You just need to measure it using the right methods (more measurements the more accurate).

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titus23 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Rispy_Girl View Post
    If you're 6'5 and a professional quarterback, sure lol. But for the average person, BMI is pretty accurate. The woman is overweight. She's not in shape, she's definitely overweight. It is what it is. She's well-proportioned so she looks good but no way is she fit.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,651 Times in 989 Posts

Sorry, BMI is outright absurd in some cases:

I'm 6'2" for instance - a "healthy" range BMI of 19 would put me at 147 pounds. Have you ever seen a 6'2" man that is 147 pounds? I saw a guy who was 150 and 6'0" he looked like a war prisoner. If I had a friend who was 6'2" and 147 I would seriously intervene today. I have a friend who is a USTA ranked tennis player, 6'2" and 178 and he looks very very skinny and wiry.

A very fit, handsome 205 is considered "overweight" for 6'2". That is just stupid.

Is this young man overweight?
    602-200_Kurt_L2.jpg
    Well he is according to BMI
    Where am I? Back on the road, dammit

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bahuba For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Ashley has a nice shape but she is fat. Nothing wrong with that she still looks good and is beautiful and rich. The main difference is that her waist is not as small. People keep changing the definition of thick to be more inclusive but it’s just become more confusing. Now there’s slim thick, fit thick, sloppy thick and bbl startender thick too it’s not a one size fits all term like it used to be and its always varried culturally.

A BMI of 19 is pretty much the starting range. It’s 18.5 -25.5 for someone that tall. People carry weight differently and muscle weighs more than fat so a tall muscular person may very well technically be over weight. It’s just a range and flawed. It also doesn’t account for African American women that carry their weight mostly in their lower body.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy

Wow that’s interesting I didn’t realize Males and Females on the same BMI chart

I found an interesting article that explains this

https://halls.md/bmi-difference-men-women/

Thanks
    Thanked 10,000 Times in 3,325 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

What is slim thick? That doesn't make sense.

Skinny but curvy?

Gotta be either or, can't be both.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vyanka View Post
    What is slim thick? That doesn't make sense.

Skinny but curvy?

Gotta be either or, can't be both.
    Yes you can be both curvy is a shape not a size. There are big women who are nowhere near "curvy" and small women who are.

This is what I consider slim thick

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Daniellaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,000 Times in 3,325 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Daniellaa View Post
    Yes you can be both curvy is a shape not a size. There are big women who are nowhere near "curvy" and small women who are.

This is what I consider slim thick
    Ok. So like skinny but with a FAT ass and BIG tits.

P.S. i love that chic's body.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Featured Member EastCoastDancer01's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 699 Posts

Slim thick is when you’re generally slim/slender but have an ass and curves in all the right places. But to me, that’s about the same as being thick! When I think of a thick woman I picture someone with a small waist and stomach and bigger hips/ass and thighs. But not flabby or chubby, just toned and muscular. And shapely! Someone who’s fat is just flabby and out of shape. A good example of someone who is fat would be Tess Holliday, that plus sized model. Not knocking her at all, I’m just using her as a reference. A good example of someone who is thick would be Amber Rose or Jennifer Lopez

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EastCoastDancer01 For This Useful Post: