Thread: Dancing with prominent body scars

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Default Dancing with prominent body scars

Hey all! Newbie here, so let me know if this is the wrong forum for this question.

I'm currently working as a bottle girl/waitress and I'm interested in switching over to dancing after I tone up a bit, but I'm a little worried that it's impossible for me. I have a prominent scar on my torso, and it doesn't help that my club is notoriously picky. I can't cover it up with foundation because I got it as an infant so I grew around it and it's altered the shape of my entire stomach. I also have a small scar in my belly button from a laparoscopic surgery a few years ago. For reference, here's the scarring (forgive my mess!):

Does anyone here have any experience auditioning and dancing with prominent scars, and do you feel like they impede you at all? Do you have any tips on how to cover them up, such as garments or makeup tricks?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nimblechimpsky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,849 Times in 10,253 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Arrow Re: Dancing with prominent body scars

There's a prod. called Dermablend, both Ulta& Sephora carry..
    Or, you could try a full coverage foundation, some come in a stick form.
    Get a setting product too.
    There's a scar product w/silcone, you have to leave it on for days or longer, (it's attached to a bandage-like thing).
    I forget what it's called, but Target & Amazon have it
    There a tube called Mederma, it has mixed reviews
    Or, you could look for a longer top that's still sexy but covers?
    There's a lot of cute, sexy swim tops that (to me)look like regular summer tops.
    Check out eBay or good will
    If they're picky, try another club or a dive
    You have a great body, good luck
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,046 Times in 321 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Default Re: Dancing with prominent body scars

I couldn't see the laparoscopic scar in your pics so I doubt that will give you any trouble, but I can see why the larger one has you worried.

Since you can't really hide it, I would consider trying to distract from it instead. Try some nice body chains. https://www.google.com/search?q=body...w=1366&bih=657

If your club does any big events that could include the use of body paint, you might try waiting for one of those to roll around.

I have two large, perpendicular scars on my right arm that make me a bit self-conscious. I don't think they ever impeded my money, but guys see them and sometimes start to pry because their location in relation to each other looks a little 'too perfect'. It derails the conversation and makes me uncomfortable. I have gotten around it with homemade fabric armbands. I first started using them to cover a tattoo on my wrist that I don't want people recognising outside the club, and just expanded on that to cover my scars since I don't want to be recognised by my scars either. I made them in several basic, solid colours so I can coordinate them with my outfits.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Or, you could look for a longer top that's still sexy but covers?
    There's a lot of cute, sexy swim tops that (to me)look like regular summer tops.
    Check out eBay or good will
    If they're picky, try another club or a dive
    You have a great body, good luck
    Thanks so much for all of the advice! I'm not sure if Mederma or Dermablend would work in my case since it's the indentation that's as much of an issue as the discoloration, but I'll definitely look into the silicone product. I do martial arts though so I sweat buckets on a daily basis, and I imagine I would sweat a lot dancing too - do you think that would be an issue with the silicone since you have to leave it on for multiple days? Like would I sweat it all off?

And do you have any examples of longer sexy tops? Most of the clubs in my city are topless AFAIK so I'm not sure what's out there that would work. I also still want to show off my waist but the scar is there!

Since you can't really hide it, I would consider trying to distract from it instead. Try some nice body chains.

If your club does any big events that could include the use of body paint, you might try waiting for one of those to roll around.

I have two large, perpendicular scars on my right arm that make me a bit self-conscious. I don't think they ever impeded my money, but guys see them and sometimes start to pry because their location in relation to each other looks a little 'too perfect'. It derails the conversation and makes me uncomfortable. I have gotten around it with homemade fabric armbands. I first started using them to cover a tattoo on my wrist that I don't want people recognising outside the club, and just expanded on that to cover my scars since I don't want to be recognised by my scars either. I made them in several basic, solid colours so I can coordinate them with my outfits.
    I *love* the body chain idea, although I guess I'd have to find one that snugly goes over the scar and hope nobody notices! I do think my situation is tough because surgical scars are definitely more unsightly than most others but the fabric armbands are useful too since I get a lot of forearm bruising from Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Where do you get yours from?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,046 Times in 321 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by nimblechimpsky View Post
    And do you have any examples of longer sexy tops? Most of the clubs in my city are topless AFAIK so I'm not sure what's out there that would work. I also still want to show off my waist but the scar is there!

I *love* the body chain idea, although I guess I'd have to find one that snugly goes over the scar and hope nobody notices! I do think my situation is tough because surgical scars are definitely more unsightly than most others but the fabric armbands are useful too since I get a lot of forearm bruising from Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Where do you get yours from?
    I am a BJJ girl too, so I feel you on the bruising! I don't think my armbands would be appropriate for BJJ though because they are pretty simple and homemade. Maybe real sweatbands like a tennis player might use would be more effective. My work ones are made from synthetic fabrics that look like velvet or satin, with snap closures, and I sew elastic strips into them so they (mostly) stay put.

Re: body chains, I was thinking more along the lines of the tops/outfits like these. https://jewelryritzy.com/products/li...women-by-ritzy

As for the longer tops, Idk if this is what the other poster had in mind, but it's what came to my mind. With a top like this, you can just pop 'em out and still have some coverage of the scar. https://wanelo.co/p/31776214/metalli...ripper-clothes

Thanks

A good plastic surgeon can make these almost disappear. I would investigate.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AmericanFlyer For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 802 Posts

I work at a lot of places where you are okay just wearing one piece and on stage you take off the halter and just your boobs are out and your waist is still covered.

honestly a lot of girls avoid showing their stomach or pussy if they can get away with it... I do the one piece trick. the only time I am completely naked is in VIP. they already paid �� so I dont care what they think about how I look now lol

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crystalize For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,682 Times in 1,518 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

I use Dermablend. I have scars on the left side of my neck and left forearm. It doesn’t cover them 100%, but the difference is significant.
    Life asked Death, “Death, why do people love me but hate you?”

Death responded, “Because you are a beautiful lie… and I am a painful truth”

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanFlyer View Post
    That depends on the scar, I was told it may not work.
    But sure she can check it out. There's a magazine called New Beauty, (also online) it has a directory of plastic surgeons.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanFlyer View Post
    That depends on the scar, I was told it may not work.
    But sure she can check it out. There's a magazine called New Beauty, (also online) it has a directory of plastic surgeons.

The product I talked about w/the silicone does have to be left on for days.
    As far as the tops mentioned, I gave some places to look: ebay, etsy, Target, Goodwill, discount clothing stores etc.
    I don't know your area so you'd need to do the research.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 530 Posts

Body chains, high waisted shorts/skirt, waist "cinchers" worn comfortably, or corsets. The obligatory fishnet dress/top and bikkini combo will work or a fishnet/lace body stocking. Fishnets and lace materials cover a lot of flaws. Dont take off entirely, just lift up or down to reveal those lovely melons lol.

I don't have any big scars but I am a hairy beast and don't like shaving my legs every day. Fishnets and lace stockings are my go-to god send both for work and with my dude when I don't want to shave. Nobody notices my week long stubble.

Nobody notices is a good point. We are all our own worst critic and our flaws are not as noticeable to others. I also get why you want to tone up before you dance, for your own self to look and feel your best...but your body is amazing as is! Perhaps auditioning at a different club with some of the cover ups, or outfits mentioned in this post just to see what happens will give you a good idea of what to do and how to prepare. Just auditioning as an experiment and perhaps working at another club will help you build your stripper confidence!

Also, It is not the brand of cover up you use, but how you use it. There are ways to hide shadows that scars create. So you want to focus less on hiding the actual scar, and more on hiding the shadow the scar creates. Learning this method helped me so much with my acne scars. Wayne goss describes this perfectly in his youtube videos on how to hide undereye bags. Maybe a youtube search for hiding shadows that scars create with makeup would help.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cyberstripper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,009 Times in 2,126 Posts

Personally I don't find your scar off-putting at all and you have a good figure otherwise, though tbh I would wear a more flatting outfit. If anything it could be a great conversation starter.
    Now he said it a third time, and Ona drew a deep breath;

18. The Following User Says Thank You to lynn2009 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

i really happend when you don't wear good quality body stocking , i also faced this
    but then i purchased comfy body stocking from apparelshopusa dot com

Thanks

When I was feeling like the 180lbs (give or take 5 pounds due to life factors) I have been over my stripping career, this cheap black Yandy underbust corset over whatever bra and panties I was wearing gave me confidence, matched everything, and zipped off in the dim lap dance rooms. Ive worn it for years and made many times it's original value in it.

Thanks

When I was feeling like the 180lbs (give or take 5 pounds due to life factors) I have been over my stripping career, this cheap black Yandy underbust corset over whatever bra and panties I was wearing gave me confidence, matched everything, and zipped off in the dim lap dance rooms. Ive worn it for years and made many times it's original value in it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Shy2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Dermablend is said to be good, a body/face foundation, you buy the setting powder. Ulta, Sephora.

There could be knock off products
    Characterize people by their actions, & you'll never be fooled by their words.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 648 Posts

There's not MUCH i can tell OP about this, all i can say is that most customers won't really care. I wouldn't.
    Sarchasm (n): The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it