Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you guys feel about regulars?

Thanks

Default How do you guys feel about regulars?

My first year of dancing, I cared about cultivating them. But later on, in my experience, I found them more trouble than they were worth. The mindgames, insinuating that if I didn’t go OTC with them then I won’t be able to make money (as if they were the only customer ever LOL), pitching harder for extras, getting emotionally drained, etc

No doubt if I read up more on hustle hut, I could have done research and gotten better at it. But at the end of it, I personally prefer to make myself mostly available to new customers obviously interested in me and won’t take too long to make a decision to spend. If they aren’t ready yet, then hide in the dressing room and set a timer on my phone, and then go back out and circulate again.

I think my MO does help sometimes because sometimes a customer will give me a few hundred just to hang out on the floor, without me pitching any VIP or even explicitly asking for that money. This doesn’t happen most shifts (usually it’s 2-5 dances and on to the next guy), but it’s happened often enough that it makes me wonder.

I notice my income tends to be hit or miss. The hits are awesome, and the misses really suck. I don’t have very many shifts in the $300 and $400 range.

Sometimes I wonder whether my style is causing me to shoot myself in the foot. Idk. What have your experiences been with yourself?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StellaRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Default Re: How do you guys feel about regulars?

I only had maybe 4 regulars in 5yrs of dancing, and they were reliable but not high rollers by any stretch of the imagination. They were a very small segment of my income but they were all genuinely good people (at least from what I saw of them ITC) and one of them was more a 'communal' regular than mine in particular, he spent generously on all the girls and was the kind of customer who would offer his table as a 'home base' to take a break at. What I got from them more than anything was a break from the shitheads comprising the majority of club clientele, and the modest money I made from them was reliable and bullshit-free. They were a good kind of regular in my mind.

That said, I also tried to cultivate regulars but never had much success with it. The only other kind of 'regulars' that seemed attracted to me were the kind who simply pestered me in an effort to waste my time. While I have certainly had my share of time wasters and had to learn those lessons like most other dancers, these 'wannabe regulars' fortunately only came along when I was far enough into my stripper career to see past their crap and call them on it, then not give them the time of day. I think a lot of it is my personality, I can jerk your chain in good fun and take it from you in return, but I am not a 'bullshitter' by nature and quickly get bored of games. Either you want to spend on me, or you don't, and I am good with either one, but you need to shit or get off the pot and let me move on to the next. So I say, God bless the girls that successfully cultivate a gaggle of regulars, but it's too much effort for me.

I think the club pricing/payout structure can matter more than simply having regulars. Depending on your club's setup, if you can make multiple 'quick turns' i.e. lap-hopping or scoring lots of 10- or 15-minute blocks with decent payouts, you can really clean up without having to be dependent on one or five guys in particular. And you know it's typically easier to get a current customer to extend rather than to start from scratch with a new customer; IME that's especially true for short VIPs and they add up quick. Maybe focussing on quick sells and extensions would suit you better. It worked for me.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jalena For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,892 Times in 3,269 Posts

I'm not a fan of the kind you're talking about but sometimes I do wish I had more (mainly when it's slow).

I've always had a lot of 'communal' regulars like Jalena mentioned - they didn't come specifically for any one girl, but I'm in their group of favs so they almost always at least buy a couple dances if not more.
    I used to see 2 actual regulars. They are really nice guys, the kind that are lonely but also have no delusions about the extent of the relationship. I would text them I was working & they would come in if they weren't busy, no other communication. I got sick of that particular club so I kinda let them fade out.
    I have one actual regular right now who is similar to them, but he's already nearing his expiration date.

My friend relies heavily on the one-girl kind of regulars & it looks horrible. They're always blowing up her phone, whining if she doesn't answer them, yada yada. I don't like being bothered in my off-hours, I don't want to pretend I'm gonna go out with you. They're borderline stalkers sometimes.
    Last edited by Selina M; 04-12-2019 at 07:20 PM.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."
    - Lux ATL

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

Quote Originally Posted by crystalize View Post
    Ok so i gotta turn up the moronic drunk slut

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,786 Times in 4,281 Posts

Just my 2 cents-

I tended to attract really emotionally needy regulars. I started to dread dealing with them b/c our time together would either turn into an unpaid counseling session OR they'd get manipulative about our circumstances.

I would compare this to the "Drowning Man" situation- be careful when you attempt to rescue a person who is literally drowning.....In their frenzy of panic and in the heat of the moment, that person may cause you to drown as well while trying to drag them towards safety.

It's the same concept when dealing with mentally ill customers and clients- due to their mental sickness, they can also start to become harmful/violent towards people that are trying to help them.

My feelings about regulars can be summed up by what a Bartender might say about a troublesome regular- it's all good if everyone is having a good time and things are as they should be. If not, it's time to call the Bouncer and NOT allow that situation to continue.
    He who controls the spice controls the universe, chingada madre

Ah this is like the full circle of military life, the adventure, the danger, the Jodie

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is a tough one, so I’d have to say it depends on the regular. If the regular knows your schedule at work, comes in there to spend money with no BS attached then I say good, go for it. If the regular starts wanting to know personal stuff, keeps pestering about your phone number and going on a date, and starts to seem obsessed with the idea y’all will get together OTC then I say no. Not worth the headache. I’ve had both kinds and they can be helpful or they can be a nuisance. Really just depends on the guy.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CharlottesWebb For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,963 Times in 1,912 Posts

I love regulars. They come in, spend money, and bounce. When you see them walk through the door, you can almost guarantee you're going to have a good night. But I've also had the regulars that have gone crazy. Texting me incessantly on my off hours, trying to find out my real name/where I live/info. Convinced that we are going to "date" or go OTC. Jealous of other dudes. Just pure craziness but for the most part, regulars can be your bread and butter and even when it's slow, your regulars will save the day. Cultivate regulars, it's worth it.

Thanks

The "communal" ones are okay and no headaches but they're there to have fun and distribute the money to two or more girls. They don't stick to one girl.

But the "in-love" regulars are the cash cows, walking ATMs, etc. Also comes with difficulty if you don't set regulations on them. But at times, rules and regulations won't work if he's hard-driven to see you OTC. Have one for a few years now, and my mistakes of slipping a few info out of my mouth, especially my first name, he discovered my real name through social media and Google. Since then, I avoid giving out my first name.

Another thing about them is that they will lessen their spending over time and expect OTC. Which will get annoying if they persist.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CharlottesWebb View Post
    This is a tough one, so I’d have to say it depends on the regular. If the regular knows your schedule at work, comes in there to spend money with no BS attached then I say good, go for it. If the regular starts wanting to know personal stuff, keeps pestering about your phone number and going on a date, and starts to seem obsessed with the idea y’all will get together OTC then I say no. Not worth the headache. I’ve had both kinds and they can be helpful or they can be a nuisance. Really just depends on the guy.
    They're men after all. The headaches comes with the money. There's nothing you can do about it other than they give up over time.

Lately, I've been hearing from a lot of guys saying they don't buy dances, their ex-girlfriend was a stripper, or their friend's girlfriend is a stripper and asking me out a lot. Is this a trend? It's like every guy knows, date(d) or wants to date a stripper these days.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 305gurl View Post
    The "communal" ones are okay and no headaches but they're there to have fun and distribute the money to two or more girls. They don't stick to one girl.

But the "in-love" regulars are the cash cows, walking ATMs, etc. Also comes with difficulty if you don't set regulations on them. But at times, rules and regulations won't work if he's hard-driven to see you OTC. Have one for a few years now, and my mistakes of slipping a few info out of my mouth, especially my first name, he discovered my real name through social media and Google. Since then, I avoid giving out my first name.

Another thing about them is that they will lessen their spending over time and expect OTC. Which will get annoying if they persist.
    Literally same thing happened to me. He is now stalking my social media accounts. SMH.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah I dealt with that before too. Itís one reason I gave up on them

Do you seek them out to encourage them to see you again? Or do they decide on their own. I find a few customers here and there who become repeat customers. But they are always the ones setting an appointment with me and I donít really reach out to them. And I usually see them 2-4 times before parting ways.

Thanks

I do send texts out to my horde twice a year but usually when they show up it’s because they texted me first. I just text them twice a year to remind them I exist lol. After Christmas (January time frame I shoot them a holiday cheer text) and then in August when it’s notoriously bad in nyc I send another “hey”.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,803 Times in 4,191 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love
    Blog Entries

Regulars are worse than children.
    "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "-Mr. Garrison, South Park.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tempest666 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by arielbriel View Post
    I do send texts out to my horde twice a year but usually when they show up it’s because they texted me first. I just text them twice a year to remind them I exist lol. After Christmas (January time frame I shoot them a holiday cheer text) and then in August when it’s notoriously bad in nyc I send another “hey”.
    Should you have at least 3 - 4 regulars?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

And I find it hard to cultivate regulars when the club has so many tourists. How can that help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StellaRose View Post
    Do you seek them out to encourage them to see you again? Or do they decide on their own. I find a few customers here and there who become repeat customers. But they are always the ones setting an appointment with me and I don’t really reach out to them. And I usually see them 2-4 times before parting ways.
    I don't encourage them. It just happens. You can tell once they "fall in love" with you. Like spending more than usual, wanting to talk to you in the floor or in the VIP, giving little gifts, etc. Yes, that's their goal: to see you OTC. But you can't really do anything about them. They have an "expiration date" or shelf-life. The majority will last after 2-5 attempts and quickly realize it's pointless, some last several months or a year. And there's the hardcore, rare, reliable, but annoying to deal with. They are unpredictable with their actions and their expiration is unclear.

Remember, men with a limited source of disposable income doesn't spend on a certain stripper without a reason

But at times, I do try to cultivate a regular. Try to make one a repeat customer for several weeks until he expires. But, I mostly look for older males, especially white older males. But nowadays, times are getting harder to cultivate regulars for a lot of reasons OTC.
    Last edited by 305gurl; 04-10-2019 at 11:57 PM.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yaya_cash View Post
    And I find it hard to cultivate regulars when the club has so many tourists. How can that help?
    Tourists are good as you see them once and never again. But it can suck if they aren't coming and spending and have to hustle the locals.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's always good to have plenty. You'll never know which one will "explode" their savings account on a certain night. Just that you have to prepare for the headaches once you meet that certain one(s).

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The more, the better. You should always be trying to replace the ones you do have because they do expire. Reasons: Burn through savings, high credit card debt, rehab (yes one of my good regulars went to rehab lol), wife finds out, figures out you're never going OTC with them or dating them, finds a new girl that he likes more or does more, found a cheaper club, etc.

Tourists may come back in the future and say oh I know this girl at X club, let me text her. You should still try to cultivate them because you never know when they could come back. Or if you ever travel dance in their city, you can ask them to come see you there. We have a lot of business guys that come from out of town and I still take their number for when they come back into town. Could be this year, could be in 5 years, fine by me either way.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,612 Times in 623 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

I appreciate my regulars, whether they're high rollers or not. Even the ones who don't have the most to spend, there's still a sense of familiarity which I appreciate.
    My hair seems to be seized by the wind
    But I must continue this trip, never looking back.
    Never looking back...

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

FUCK regulars lmao, I hate them. Too much work, and they wanna text you and talk for free. Fuck that. Give me 2-3 guys who wanna spend a few hundred each or one guy who wants VIP and knows how to tip and I'm good! Don't need any bullshit whiny reg who thinks we have a connection outside of a business one.

Short term regs are fine for like 2-3 visits and then they expire. They start demanding more for less, like oh honey if you want more, you have to pay more. Tell them that and they ghost or think an extra $50 is adequate compensation for hours of emotional and mental labor.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babb For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ooh wow, I’m thinking I should have made this thread into a poll with different options. It seems like we all have different opinions on this. Maybe a work-style thing or a personality thing or where our main club is or something. Babb’s experiences, esp with the sweet spot of just a few times meeting, is closest to mine.

On the other hand, it seems other dancers do very well with them. And some of those regulars are high value. (And I don’t suspect OTC or ITC shenanigans was the reason for it either.) Tho I’m certainly not in that camp haha. Maybe one day, but I’m not currently too motivated to change at the moment.

Thanks

Regulars. They're part of the strip club ecosystem.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,612 Times in 623 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by 305gurl View Post
    Regulars. They're part of the strip club ecosystem.
    Now, the real question is who would narrate the story better? Morgan Freeman or Steve Irwin?
    My hair seems to be seized by the wind
    But I must continue this trip, never looking back.
    Never looking back...

41. The Following User Says Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They say 70-80% of a dancer's income come from repeat customers.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Having regulars is amazing! Here's my tactic when it comes to regulars :
    Whether it be from tips, dances, or rooms, I don't care how I get my money. If a customer spends a good amount of money on me in whatever way, I give him my number. I tell him to text me his name then I save it with a description of him so I can remember.
    Then if he hasn't contacted me in a week I will text him about visiting me in a flirty way.
    If I really want to entice them I'll send a sexy picture. But I usually only do that for the guys who give me a ton of money. Otherwise if they ask for one I tell them they'll just have to come to the club to see me.
    During the slow season my standards are a little lower. I have a few guys who will come in and give me like 5-10 dances and that's it. But they come in almost every week and don't waste my time so it's worth it to me.
    I have a few baller regulars who want to give me a ton of cash just to have fun. These are the only customers I will spend my entire night with because they'll give me $1000+
    There are also a few regulars who only come in every few months but when they do they make my night.
    It's also a good idea to try to get them to come in on slower days instead of busy days since you won't need help making money on busy days.
    Troubleshooting :
    I never meet up with guys outside of the club. If that's what they're into they usually mention something when we meet and I don't give them my number.
    If they don't start mentioning wanting to meet outside until after we've already exchanged info, I tell them I only hang out at the club.
    In any case if things get too creepy you can just block them and move on to the next regular.
    A lot of my regulars understand that this is a job and won't waste my time. But usually after a while they get too comfotable and I find myself spending more and more time with them to either get either the same or less money. As long as they are still spending a good amount of money I'll still talk to them. In this case I'll usually have to visit their table briefly and see if they want dances. If they don't I tell them I'll be back because I have to go make my money. Then I'll just keep giving them brief visits until they give up the cash.
    But what do you do when two regulars come in at the same time?! If it's two guys that give me about the same amount of money I try to split my time between the two and make them think the other guy is spending more money so I have to go see him too. If it's a customer that give me $1200 compared to a xun4 that gives me $200, obviously I hang out with the dude who will give me more money. Then the ft time I see the $200 I tell him how bummed I was we couldn't hang out but I had to get that paper!

One more thing to keep in mind is that regulars come and go so don't be butt hurt when they disappear.
    I hope this helps!

45. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kase For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast