Thread: What is something inexpensive that has greatly increased your quality of life?

Thanks

Default What is something inexpensive that has greatly increased your quality of life?

By inexpensive I mean $10-20 and under

Thanks
    Thanked 10,797 Times in 4,284 Posts

Default Re: What is something inexpensive that has greatly increased your quality of life?

A decent manicure kit- having groomed nails prevents hangnails that get staph infections and prevents toenails from shattering or splitting.

High quality shampoo and conditioner- the older you get, the less you can get away with sloppy ratty looking hair.
    He who controls the spice controls the universe, chingada madre

Ah this is like the full circle of military life, the adventure, the danger, the Jodie

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: What is something inexpensive that has greatly increased your quality of life?

Netflix. Would hate to pay that cable/satellite monthly subscription.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,183 Times in 422 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine
    Blog Entries

My two cats have GREATLY increased my quality of life. It didn't cost anything to acquire them.

If you average out their vet/food/litter expenses, they cost about $35/month.

EDITED to add: Also running! It costs nothing once you have good sneakers and it makes me feel SOOO good.
    Last edited by Winged Dinghy; 04-15-2019 at 03:14 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Winged Dinghy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

- Viki $5 its like netflix but asian tv shows and dramas.
    - My cat she was free and i only spend $8 on litter per month and $16 for a huge bag of food that lasts about 3 months.
    - a new gym membership that will cost $20 and i can finally get off my fat ass and start working out.
    - compression socks costed about $18 a pair and really helps my sore legs from sitting down to long.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to queenelayliah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,797 Times in 4,284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by queenelayliah View Post
    - Viki $5 its like netflix but asian tv shows and dramas.
    - My cat she was free and i only spend $8 on litter per month and $16 for a huge bag of food that lasts about 3 months.
    - a new gym membership that will cost $20 and i can finally get off my fat ass and start working out.
    - compression socks costed about $18 a pair and really helps my sore legs from sitting down to long.
    OH this reminded me-

if you work industrial/shop jobs- buy expensive socks.

The thick fiber reduces the amount of rubbing and sweat on your skin in your work boots. Also helps prevent calluses.

These socks last way longer than cheap multi-pack socks, so you get your money's worth too.
    He who controls the spice controls the universe, chingada madre

Ah this is like the full circle of military life, the adventure, the danger, the Jodie

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KALIN For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,522 Times in 2,204 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

A cheap crock pot. it's a luxury to me to be able to leave the house in the morning and have a nice dinner waiting 10 hours later when I get home in the evening.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rickdugan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,219 Times in 5,243 Posts

Golden milk mix! I've been looking for a warming, delicious health drink to replace the ritual of coffee, and i love this stuff! I make a super healthy version of a turmeric latte with this - no sweetener. I just mix up a generous amount of this spice mix with a bit of coconut cream and hot water. I thought the drink would taste like a turmeric bomb, but it doesn't. It's balanced and just lovely.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B073Y8J9DL

Looks like it's cheaper if you order directly?

https://www.ainutreats.com/product-p...den-milk-latte
    Last edited by charlie61; 04-17-2019 at 08:50 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Good suggestions so far I have my own too!

Making my own coffee (saves so much)

B12 vitamins off Amazon. I used to feel drained and lethargic and these make me feel functional

Amazon Prime- this isn't inexpensive at first glance at like $120 a year but when you break it down it's $10 a month or so and I love it. Free prime shipping on basically anything I need on Amazon (shoes, my vitamins, etc), and Prime tv (like Hulu and Netflix) are the primary things I use it for. I know there's other benefits too!

Baby wipes- necessary in this job imo, but I use them outside of that too

Snack packs- protein bars, peanuts etc. Better if I can get em clearance. I eat them at work so I don't eat at work and feel energized instead of greasy and weighed down by bar food.

Quality knockoffs- I buy the aliexpress versions of makeup erasers ($20 for official, $1-2 for ali, legit the same exact thing), beauty blenders, makeup brushes, fake eyelashes, etc. Shipping takes time but I save a small fortune as long as you read the reviews you're golden.

Speaking of aliexpress if I find something I like on a website but the price is too high check for it on there first. So many websites just buy and resell stuff from there for a huge markup. Read reviews of course!

Face masks- I buy the $1 face masks and do once a week or before big events. They help my skin and I feel like my face is glowing. I could go with pricier if I wanted to but these are good for now

Nail kit- like said before I started doing my own nails and the amount I save is stupid. I buy any color I want and a strong top coat/seal (Broadway Gel strong is a good one for cheap) I haven't experimented with acrylic nails yet besides glue ons but I'll be playing with those soon.

Epsom salts- soak my feet and tired muscles in a bath of extremely hot water and it helps so much.

Hulu- on top of Prime tv I use Hulu. I don't use it every single month, and I use the cheapest plan with ads. The ads are not horrible and honestly make me feel like I'm watching real cable tv so I dont mind
    I don't like Netflix bc of increasing costs and not as good of a selection but it's still cheaper than cable. YouTube is also free but an invaluable source of entertainment where you can learn things. If i had to choose between streaming tv shows and Youtube I would choose YouTube.

Eyebrow wax. I buy the beads and heat them up. I save on waxing my eyebrows and don't have to go out of my way to get them done. It's easy to learn yourself too. Eyebrow razor and tweezers for maintenace in the meantime.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to lightningfarron For This Useful Post: