Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1389

Thread: Cammodels: Managing Stress & Self Care

Thanks
    Thanked 7,965 Times in 3,056 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Default Re: Cammodels: Managing Stress & Self Care

Injured my back yesterday so I'm taking two full days of bed rest. I'll be eating clean, drinking 100 oz water, meditating fiercely, stretching in a hot epsom bath, & sleeping well.

Going to focus on Chakras a lot. This 36 min sit felt good:

fitbit_sharing_548469430894891720.png
    Sha

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 626 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

^^^ Sending healing vibes. ^^^

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Esixxx For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I'm so unbelievably burnout out right now. It's not like the job has stressed me out though and I'm sick of customers or something lol, cause I have no negative feelings towards the job! The physical and creative energy are there, I'm just mentally/emotionally wiped out and need some headspace. I've been grafting pretty much non stop now since Feb without any sort of a proper break, with the majority of the time cooped up in my flat during lockdown and I've really hit a brick wall.

I'm going away next week for a few days so only 5 days of work left and it feels like 5 weeks away. I'm a month ahead on my bills and I have some savings, so it's not like I can't afford to take a step back a few days earlier. Honestly, I think the only thing stopping me is my ego that doesn't want to take a hit income wise and that's why I'm feeling so much conflict around taking longer off.

Does anyone else ever get this? Not the burnout, but specifically the ego/income battle around taking time off? If any of you have any advice you're happy to share around managing your experience in that sense, I'd be very grateful to hear it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gbjenna For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,343 Times in 4,437 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

I hope everyone feels better. I'm stressed about this temporary move. I've been eating less and moving more to handle it but the compliments are coming in so that's a plus. I've been handling stress by working to keep my mind off of things, exercising 4-5x a week, drinking water, and self-love.

Believe In Your Brand

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kortneykay For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_ShaSha View Post
    Injured my back yesterday so I'm taking two full days of bed rest. I'll be eating clean, drinking 100 oz water, meditating fiercely, stretching in a hot epsom bath, & sleeping well.

Going to focus on Chakras a lot. This 36 min sit felt good:

fitbit_sharing_548469430894891720.png
    hope you are feeling better sha, sitting up in the bed all day on SM def must be painful.
    get some rest missy. take care

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bigbum View Post
    hope you are feeling better sha, sitting up in the bed all day on SM def must be painful.
    get some rest missy. take care
    Yeah, it's getting better. But sitting for hours is hard. Thanks big!!!
    Sha

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Had my monthly reiki session with a reading this weekend. The reading was very positive and as always the reiki session helped tremendously. Prior to the session I was feeling mentally overloaded trying to figure how to do all the things I needed and wanted to do while working the part time job. I quit the part time job this weekend- because it was an overnight shift and I just couldn't adjust to that schedule.

I got hit with some crazy messages the week that I was working the job. The first was from the dude that trained me "Work smarter not harder." and the second was from a lady standing in line at Starbucks with her kid that wanted a cake pop- she said "If you really really want something, you have to be patient." I don't know if it was lack of sleep or what but these things really struck a chord in me.

The patience card did come up in my reading. The healer told me that patience is also trust. A couple of key things that came up in the reading was that I needed to do the things that center and ground myself. Then working on letting go and shadow work. This is funny/ironic the new type of reiki that I beginning to study focus is on shadow work and healing trauma.

I bought Joe Dispenza's Morning/ Evening Meditation and started it this weekend. It's an awesome meditation. My intention is to do it for 30 days consecutively.

Yesterday morning was an upper-body workout. My focus for self-care is to get a good routine down.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Esixxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,032 Times in 1,621 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by gbjenna View Post
    I'm so unbelievably burnout out right now. It's not like the job has stressed me out though and I'm sick of customers or something lol, cause I have no negative feelings towards the job! The physical and creative energy are there, I'm just mentally/emotionally wiped out and need some headspace. I've been grafting pretty much non stop now since Feb without any sort of a proper break, with the majority of the time cooped up in my flat during lockdown and I've really hit a brick wall.

I'm going away next week for a few days so only 5 days of work left and it feels like 5 weeks away. I'm a month ahead on my bills and I have some savings, so it's not like I can't afford to take a step back a few days earlier. Honestly, I think the only thing stopping me is my ego that doesn't want to take a hit income wise and that's why I'm feeling so much conflict around taking longer off.

Does anyone else ever get this? Not the burnout, but specifically the ego/income battle around taking time off? If any of you have any advice you're happy to share around managing your experience in that sense, I'd be very grateful to hear it.

I do get it, but then I am counting all the positives about this job, that also include the "I afford to take time off whenever I want, as long as I want, without having to ask anyone" thing, knowing the money are still there when I come back, I am not getting hired or something.
    Suddenly, the ego dissapears and I am getting instantly grateful and actually happy to take some time off because, hey, I deserve it!
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Been doing the Joe Dispenza morning meditation for over a week now. The night time meditation hasn't been consistent as I had wanted to do it. So far the night time meditation I have been doing for 3 nights this weekend consectively.

I can tell a difference in my mindset and feeling calmer.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Esixxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Esixxx View Post
    Been doing the Joe Dispenza morning meditation for over a week now. The night time meditation hasn't been consistent as I had wanted to do it. So far the night time meditation I have been doing for 3 nights this weekend consectively.

I can tell a difference in my mindset and feeling calmer.
    He's incredible. Great to hear good progress.
    Sha

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Took 2 weeks off gym due to back issues & fatigue. Back in the gym this week & feeling strong. Hour long sessions where 40 min is HIT on an indoor bike then 20 min strength.

I train with my BF & he really keeps me accountable. He hasn't missed a day in the two months we've been going. It's super motivational.

Meditating daily still, but feeling like I'm losing. Still experiencing derealization once a week. I was taking cbd daily & for a month all episodes were gone, but now they're back.

Diet is pretty clean & hydration levels great. However during my 2 week break I gained 3 lbs. Could be water. Prolly so I am on my period.

Been socializing once a week despite covid 19. Some sports bars are open. Playing pool or darts is just plain fun. I've really missed it.

Cleansed my aura this AM with great results:

fitbit_sharing_3479745637070604491.png
    Sha

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

^^^ Sounds like you are on the right track.

We all need to have fun and enjoy life. That's the purpose, isn't it?

I take CBD on the regular- recently I started experimenting with the flower. Certain strains really help me.

Looks like the meditation went well. Heart rate is looking good.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Esixxx For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,928 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbjenna View Post

I've sadly had friends and family pay me to take time off or go somewhere with them because I just cant do it. I can not justify missing income for my own pleasure. Its awful that I've become wired that way and I wish I could just go and enjoy life a little bit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Esixxx View Post
    ^^^ Sounds like you are on the right track.

We all need to have fun and enjoy life. That's the purpose, isn't it?

I take CBD on the regular- recently I started experimenting with the flower. Certain strains really help me.

Looks like the meditation went well. Heart rate is looking good.
    Yes sis, that social medicine is so important. Which brand of CBD do you take? I've got Lazarus (sp) Naturals. I take a full dropper every night before bed. I did miss three days and derealization was bad. I really need to be consistent with it.
    Sha

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Yes sis, that social medicine is so important. Which brand of CBD do you take? I've got Lazarus (sp) Naturals. I take a full dropper every night before bed. I did miss three days and derealization was bad. I really need to be consistent with it.
    That brand sounds like a good one- hadn't heard of it before- looked it up.

I use Irwin's Natural's in capsule form. What I had been doing is taking it in the morning with Ashwagandha with my morning coffee. It effects everyone differently. What I notice is that it relaxes my body.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Esixxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

^^Right on. I HATE the taste of CBD and capsules sound so much more appealing aha.
    Sha

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Sept has been the worst month for me by far. And in an attempt to quell the anxiety I've been painting again. I have a BFA in Art. It's terribly theraputic.

1601495847813.JPEG
    Sha

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

I had weight loss surgery in Jan and I've lost 100+ pounds. My body moves different now but my spine is not aligned with the new weight.

Soooooo, I'm going to get an adjustment at the chiropractor.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LilJammer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

30 min Spirit Cleanse meditation that felt good.

fitbit_sharing_4450278155948994396.png

Now ready to stream my 4 hr shift.
    Sha

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 307 Posts

Sept has been the worst month for me by far. And in an attempt to quell the anxiety I've been painting again. I have a BFA in Art. It's terribly theraputic.

1601495847813.JPEG
    Wow you are so talented!! This is amazing!

I haven't had the time or energy to create lately... been trying to play catch up with finances and really work hard, plus I have some admin stuff to deal with (lots of appointments, errands, fees... fun stuff!!).

I've been getting into collages lately using cut-out from vintage nudie magazines, and there was a zine I made that I need to figure out how to get printed and bound... so many ideas but so little time!!

You're really inspiring me! <3

36. The Following User Says Thank You to princess_casual For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by princess_casual View Post
    Wow you are so talented!! This is amazing!

I haven't had the time or energy to create lately... been trying to play catch up with finances and really work hard, plus I have some admin stuff to deal with (lots of appointments, errands, fees... fun stuff!!).

I've been getting into collages lately using cut-out from vintage nudie magazines, and there was a zine I made that I need to figure out how to get printed and bound... so many ideas but so little time!!

You're really inspiring me! <3
    I love collages!!! Get it!!! and thanks. It really helps ease the anxiety.
    Sha

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Spent some much needed quality time with BF last night by going out on a proper date to play pool and eat dirty. I am on a challenge with him however to not drink wine for 30 days to get $100, so last night we hung out totally sober.

He hardly drinks so it's easy for him, but def a challenge for myself. It was loads of fun. I beat him 5 to 1 in pool and he was amazed hahahaaaa.

Then we shot back to my place to watch stand up comedy and cuddle.

Sigh...I'm in love. It feels good to have a good influence in my life.
    Sha

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Today I had my first workout since surgery. Did about 5 miles between the treadmill and recumbent bike. I feel absolutely amazing.

And now I'm about to do a kindness meditation on the Peloton app.

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LilJammer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,670 Times in 655 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Just wrote this in the other thread and thought I would share. I really like EFT for managing anxiety and stress. There's youtube videos on how to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetJulia View Post
    everyone I've fucked who was awful in bed should be forced to have sex with each other so they can all, collectively, figure out why I never called them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Sunset View Post
    Nothing makes me feel like less of an adult than walking into several other people's apartments and realizing we all own the exact same lamp from K-mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    The fantasy sold to women through out history that a man will come along & rescue us is a lie.

43. The Following User Says Thank You to LaurenAus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

3 weeks ago I weighed 150 at the Dr office. I was floored. I've been steady in the gym M-F and eating ok. I did have junk and wine, but gain 9 lbs from that just amazed me. So I buckled down and stopped wine, just had a burger a week, and trained mega hard.

Happy to report I'm 5 lbs lighter!!! Still 5 lbs from goal weight, but happy nonetheless.

BF murdered my arms today in an hr long strength session this AM. I swear that man is trying to kill me LOLOLLLLL.
    Sha

45. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast