Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 1920

Thread: Cammodels: Managing Stress & Self Care

Thanks
    Thanked 12,040 Times in 4,516 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Default Re: Cammodels: Managing Stress & Self Care

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    1 hour day 5 times a week is pretty standard workout regime? I just saw shashaís post that she did 30 mins of cardio and 30 strength. Iím not sure what youíre talking about?

Itís just best to honor what your body wants and needs. If your definition of overtraining is doing too much for you than I can see that. My definition of overtraining is doing serious harm to your body from over working. The average healthy person doesnít have to worry about over training. Iíve worked with professional athletes of all ages. I was worried about it too. Itís really hard to workout too much to the point itís causing serious harm. The body can really adapt with the right workouts, recovery, and nutrition.

Always listen to your body though.

I got a massage today, I worked out, I did some financial self-care. I just need to do a meditation and go to bed now and do it again tomorrow.
    Yeah, it takes a lot more training. When I was teaching 15-17 SPIN classes I did.

I need a massage! Such great self care. I bet you feel good! & I need to do some financial self care today.
    Sha

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Completely recovered from whatever the hell happened yesterday. A total of 11.5 hrs rest with proper hydration and clean food helped me out majorly.

Trained an hour today: 32 min SPIN HIIT and 28 min Strength. Today was legs and DAMN do they feel sore hahahaaaa. Totally smashed my goal.

FitBit recommends 150 active zone minutes a week. Well I'm already at 335 and my weekly goal is 400. About to smash the shit out of that goal this week as it's only Wed. Feeling real good right now. Lots of energy and positive mindset.

inthezone.jpg
    Sha

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,402 Times in 1,377 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by kinkydirtybitch View Post
    This is where being fat adapted comes into its own. Dry fasting 16 hrs was never easier!
    Intermettint fasting is easy for me. I have been doing it for years. Dry fasting is not an option because I have renal insufficiency. I get deyhdrated very easily.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ~Carmen~ View Post
    Intermettint fasting is easy for me. I have been doing it for years. Dry fasting is not an option because I have renal insufficiency. I get deyhdrated very easily.
    IF is great! I used to do fasted cardio when I taught classes and it was awesome. I don't do it now tho. I do my greens in the AM with tea that has honey before cardio, but replenish thoroughly after my training session.

IF really kept my weight maintained for a long time.

I couldn't imagine dry fasting tho. I have to drink about 120 oz water a day with my 1 hr training session. I can't stand dehydration. I feel it bad fast when I don't drink when I need to. It's gotta be dangerous for you then.
    Sha

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_ShaSha View Post
    IF is great! I used to do fasted cardio when I taught classes and it was awesome. I don't do it now tho. I do my greens in the AM with tea that has honey before cardio, but replenish thoroughly after my training session.

IF really kept my weight maintained for a long time.

I couldn't imagine dry fasting tho. I have to drink about 120 oz water a day with my 1 hr training session. I can't stand dehydration. I feel it bad fast when I don't drink when I need to. It's gotta be dangerous for you then.
    120 oz is great! I have been drinking around 64 oz but I don't feel that is enough. You are inspiring me to increase it.

I have gained about 10 pounds since I moved to the bottom floor from the top. I need to start climbing the stairs again, even though I don't live up there. People might look at me strange but that's okay. haha

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better today!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,402 Times in 1,485 Posts

I definitely need to drink more water!

I think I’m going to do financial self-care tonight. I have to wake up early and don’t want to stay up late to wake up early for my apartment complex’s inspection. I’m such a bitch when people wake me up after camming. I’ll go to bed relatively early, wake up “early”, workout, and then cam. I made sure I hit almost half my goal by Wednesday. Otherwise I don’t have the motivation to cam for the rest of the week if I’m “behind” I’m going to doing some meditation on money blocks tonight.

With my physical health, I’m just trying to practice radical self care. Thinking about seeing my doctor, but I still feel “yellow.” I’ll wait till I feel “green”. I’m going for a walk and foam rolling when I get back.
    Last edited by moneybags; 05-05-2021 at 03:18 PM.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

I think Iím going to do financial self-care tonight. I have to wake up early and donít want to stay up late to wake up early for my apartment complexís inspection. Iím such a bitch when people wake me up after camming. Iíll go to bed relatively early, wake up ďearlyĒ, workout, and then cam. I made sure I hit almost half my goal by Wednesday. Otherwise I donít have the motivation to cam for the rest of the week if Iím ďbehindĒ Iím going to doing some meditation on money blocks tonight.

With my physical health, Iím just trying to practice radical self care. Thinking about seeing my doctor, but I still feel ďyellow.Ē Iíll wait till I feel ďgreenĒ. Iím going for a walk and foam rolling when I get back.
    I hate it when my complex does inspections. It's hard getting up early when you're a nighttime cammer. Plus I always feel the need to clean my carpets after they trudge through.

Good job for hitting half your goal by Wednesday. Enjoy your day off!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

120 oz is great! I have been drinking around 64 oz but I don't feel that is enough. You are inspiring me to increase it.

I have gained about 10 pounds since I moved to the bottom floor from the top. I need to start climbing the stairs again, even though I don't live up there. People might look at me strange but that's okay. haha

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better today!
    Yeah, it's actually half your body weight in ounces of water a day PERIOD. If you drink wine or other diuretics you gotta drink more. Then 40 oz for every 40 min of exercise. IT'S A LOT lololll.

Thanks. I was like WTF was going on yesterday haha.

Yeah, walking those stairs is a good one. Or just walking in general. Walking is so UNDERRATED. It's really good for you.

I think Iím going to do financial self-care tonight. I have to wake up early and donít want to stay up late to wake up early for my apartment complexís inspection. Iím such a bitch when people wake me up after camming. Iíll go to bed relatively early, wake up ďearlyĒ, workout, and then cam. I made sure I hit almost half my goal by Wednesday. Otherwise I donít have the motivation to cam for the rest of the week if Iím ďbehindĒ Iím going to doing some meditation on money blocks tonight.

With my physical health, Iím just trying to practice radical self care. Thinking about seeing my doctor, but I still feel ďyellow.Ē Iíll wait till I feel ďgreenĒ. Iím going for a walk and foam rolling when I get back.
    I feel you on inspections. I've got mine coming up too for fire. Fuck...I hate when they do this cause it cuts into my cam time.

Good on ya for hitting half already. That's got to be a relief. I'm here struggling cause I missed Mon my reg day. DAMN! Kinda jelly of you haahhaa
    Sha

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

Yeah, it's actually half your body weight in ounces of water a day PERIOD. If you drink wine or other diuretics you gotta drink more. Then 40 oz for every 40 min of exercise. IT'S A LOT lololll.

Thanks. I was like WTF was going on yesterday haha.

Yeah, walking those stairs is a good one. Or just walking in general. Walking is so UNDERRATED. It's really good for you.
    80 ounces so far today and I'm feeling great. The more water, the better I feel. I rarely drink alcohol but I drink 3 cups of green tea with honey every day. I do walk around my complex when then weather permits, plus I have an exercise bike in my apartment.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

80 ounces so far today and I'm feeling great. The more water, the better I feel. I rarely drink alcohol but I drink 3 cups of green tea with honey every day. I do walk around my complex when then weather permits, plus I have an exercise bike in my apartment.
    Whoa! That's awesome! Yeah, I drink green tea kombucha with honey. Soooo good. Ooohhh that bike can be great!
    Sha

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Sleep has been so much better this week. I'm getting about 8 hrs like I need. Woke early this AM after 8 hrs rest and hit up the gym early so I could stream a lil earlier.

Killed it at the gym today. 32 min HIIT on the indoor bike. 30 sec zone 5 then 30 sec zone 1 and repeat. Damn it felt good. I did 20 min strength: arms and core. Totally smashed my active zone minutes goal of 400 a week!!! Currently at 437! I feel badass haha.

400+zonemin.jpg

I have slacked on meditation for a couple days. Goal today is to meditate at 12pm. I cannot flake on myself when it comes to meditation. Gotta get it in.

Since Dr mentioned cutting back on wine I am NOT drinking it daily. I'll do a cheat day once a week and have a couple glasses, but daily red wine is a NO NO from now on. I WILL lose this 15 lbs NO DOUBT!!!

On day 5 of new greens and my bowls are SOOOOO healthy. I love Beyond Greens. It has Matcha which gives me energy without the jitters. It's top notch.

UPDATE:

Meditated, took the rest of the day off & played bar games & had my 1 cheat day with a couple glasses of wine.

Going to bed early for gym tomorrow then plans to stream & hope for the best.

I really hope tomorrow is decent. I need a miracle.
    Last edited by Miss_ShaSha; 05-06-2021 at 06:30 PM.
    Sha

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

^^^good job hun.

I’ve cammed for a week sober! Oh my god. It got to a point where my drinking was a problem. I just can’t drink anymore. I can’t just have one-it eventually becomes problematic. I’ve been losing weight since I quit drinking, but it’s worth it. I need to drink more water too.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

^^^good job hun.

I’ve cammed for a week sober! Oh my god. It got to a point where my drinking was a problem. I just can’t drink anymore. I can’t just have one-it eventually becomes problematic. I’ve been losing weight since I quit drinking, but it’s worth it. I need to drink more water too.
    Thanks. Yeah, I used to like to have a couple glasses towards the end of my shifts and have a lil buzz, but the Dr is right: too much wine is bad for me--even though it was just 2 glasses a day. I think a moderate amount is 1 glass of red wine a day. That extra glass just did a lot of harm.
    Sha

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Had a derealization episode today. Took CBD that really messed me up. I think the dose was little too high. However, the meditation session revealed decent brainwave activity especially Gamma (red).

anxietyattack (2).jpg

I trained on the bike today and I've found the proper wrist placement which resulted in more accurate stats. There aren't any drops to below fat burning level like they used to. I just have to wear the device higher on my wrist and tighter. Very pleased with this HIIT session: 30 sec to zone 5 then 30 sec to zone 1 and repeat.

moreaccuratetrainingresults.jpg
    Sha

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

I have 10 hrs planned today on cam. I've already meditated once, did some EFT, and I'm ready to go the distance.

Plans are to eat well, hydrate fully, and break when necessary.

I hope self care sees me through. Gonna try my best today!!!
    Sha

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

The body isnít stupid and knows how to utilise water from fat and I donít even have that much! Maybe being fat adapted helps but I often teach HIIT dry fasted. Obviously being fully hydrated helps. Probably. But downing copious amounts of plain water will do an excellent job of dehydration due to flushing out electrolytes. Iím a PT also and have turned around countless self proclaimed hopeless cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Fridays View Post
    What would you choose a cheap whore or an expensive whore
    Dirty is my Middle Name

32. The Following User Says Thank You to kinkydirtybitch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kinkydirtybitch View Post
    The body isn’t stupid and knows how to utilise water from fat and I don’t even have that much! Maybe being fat adapted helps but I often teach HIIT dry fasted. Obviously being fully hydrated helps. Probably. But downing copious amounts of plain water will do an excellent job of dehydration due to flushing out electrolytes. I’m a PT also and have turned around countless self proclaimed hopeless cases.
    Sure if you're drinking 64 oz in less than an hour. I'm talking about consuming 120 oz over a 10 hr period. I have 12 certs in everything from exercise physiology and breathing techniques to heart rate training and aerobic exercise. I'm certainly not doing that. I appreciate your concern.
    Sha

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

^^^i love that we’re all certified personal trainers! I’m not practicing, but it’s my cover story.

Anyways, my self care is ignoring negative thoughts in my head and focusing on my recovery. Losing my job, my health, and the pandemic have really almost destroyed me in every way possible. If I wasn’t such a fighter, I’d be screwed. My main focus is getting my money right.

I did this before work.

I’m going to listen to this everyday before work while I’m doing my make up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

^^I'm gonna try this too! Thanks for sharing!!!
    Sha

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Trained 1 hr+ at the gym this AM. HIIT on the bike for 32 min and strength for 38 min. Crushed my active zone min too with 116 (150 is suggested for the week). Today was legs and core. Legs seriously get my heart pumping. I was cardio the whole leg session. I did leg press, hamstring curls, calf extensions, and back extensions which also target glutes.

I feel fantastic! My plans for self care today are to meditate, nap, eat clean, and have a total of 120 oz water.

UPDATE:

Meditated, napped, ate clean, and have had 90 oz water so far. Had a rad lucid dream during my nap. I didn't want to get up haha.

I'm back on cam. 4 hrs 44 min done and I'm gonna do 2 more hours. Gotta do the time man, gotta do the time.
    Last edited by Miss_ShaSha; Yesterday at 02:02 PM. Reason: update
    Sha

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677