Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: racks to riches charging more for dances strategy

Thanks
    Thanked 24,309 Times in 8,977 Posts

Default Re: racks to riches charging more for dances strategy

Quote Originally Posted by crystalize View Post

If I tried to tell guys 3/100 I will have 90% unzipping their pants as soon as we get there.
    Name:  dedwardjpg.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  69.5 KB

unzip if they dare......

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,655 Times in 807 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post
    She charges $40 in states where that's the norm. She's saying she's in Texas now where the normal dances are $20 so charging $50 would be a huge jump.

Man this thread got really nasty

I agree that you should always try to upsell or charge more. I also agree that a big part of it is confidence and attitude and how good you are at talking to dudes.

I'm taking a break from my normal expensive-for-customers club & am now at a club with $10 floor dances (where most girls allow touching and extras are available in VIP), VIP rooms that are 20% more expensive, and a way less 'classy' customer base. I was afraid my income would plummet but I am still doing ok, because I chose to say "Fuck that, I'm not doing $10 dances". I'm not snobby about it, but I just politely refuse to do them and usually the customer will cough up the $25/song or buy a room. Yesterday a guy talked to me for a few minutes and unprovoked asked "Do you even do floor dances?" before happily spending $100 in the back. It's the way I carry myself and how I talk, and babb is right that a lot of the girls at any given club can't pull off only doing more expensive dances just because of things like that.

However, I also agree there is a ceiling with every customer & every club. There's another club in town that I couldn't get away with this because of the customer base and expectations. They just simply will not pay even $25/song without getting their junk grabbed.
    The ceiling is also different for different girls too. My ceiling at room-heavy clubs is much higher than it is at lap-hopping party clubs. Etc.

I do think it's unfair to say anyone is a bad hustler or something because we really don't know the ENTIRE picture.
    anyone's opinion on this will go off of their personal experience, and unless we are working at the same club side by side, it will forever be unknown if we are truly such bad hustlers as perceived. I was a little offended at first when I read this, but I decided not to take this too serious.

after all, only somebody who truly has a confidence issue, like babb is assuming, would take real offense to this. shrug.
    Last edited by crystalize; 08-22-2019 at 08:05 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to crystalize For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

I said I charged $40 per dance in two other states because that's how much dances cost. I mean, you can charge whatever you want at the end. At the clubs I've danced at, $40 a song won't work unless it involves touching.
    My point was that unless you provide something extra (touching, heavy heavy grinding etc) you're likely not going to get a $40/$50 Dance. It isn't unheard of to get $25-$30 a song here either in the same situation.
    People aren't going to go for a $40 or $50 dance unless you're providing something beyond the "norm" of what's involved. It's really not about confidence or looks, because I am good looking, have a very nice body and bring in the cash every shift. I literally never leave the club without money. t's just facts and it depends on the state and club you work at.

And $625 on a slow Wednesday really isn't THAT crazy. I've done it too.
    Last edited by KenzieJ; 08-23-2019 at 02:20 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KenzieJ For This Useful Post:

Featured Member trustfundkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,707 Times in 969 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

I was watching the same video on YouTube. I've done things like that. I worked at one club that had a separate room for lap dances meant for spillover when the main lap dance room was totally full. This area was across the club and more private. You *could* technically do dances in whichever room you wanted, so I would charge $40 per dance and make it sound like it was special and a better value, but really it was the same dance in a different location of the club - lol. You do have to be careful who you try this on, because if it's someone who knows better you will piss them off.

I always ask for tips after the lap dance with a big smile and while I still have my tits out. Works 99.9% of the time and I'll usually get an extra $5-$20 doing this. It is a lot less hassle to go about it this way.

A lot of the tactics that online "stripper mentors" offer would be a total bust here in Miami, or other cities where cheap prostitution is not only the norm, but the standard.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,006 Times in 3,530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trustfundkiller View Post

I always ask for tips after the lap dance with a big smile and while I still have my tits out. Works 99.9% of the time and I'll usually get an extra $5-$20 doing this. It is a lot less hassle to go about it this way.

A lot of the tactics that online "stripper mentors" offer would be a total bust here in Miami, or other cities where cheap prostitution is not only the norm, but the standard.

Yeah I agree with asking for tips instead of trying to change the base dance price. When I made a point to ask for tips on top of just regular $20 dances, I would usually add $50-$100 to my take-home without any of the ruffled feathers you might cause with "MY dances are $25, not $20".
    I have said before that dealing with men is like training horses - you have to make them think something is *their* idea and then they'll be happy to do it Encouraging tipping plays on that.

Side note, I always wonder what qualifications these 'mentors' really have. I flip clothes as a hobby side gig and several 'mentors' have been exposed for not even making a profit, let alone being the gurus they claim to be.
    Rebecca Avalon/Strip & Grow Rich is the only one I have any trust in. Anybody could go skim Hustle Hut & put up a website selling the same advice. I see it attempted on Instagram all the time.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I can’t speak for Miami. But in the larger cities in Texas (Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio), I’d agree it’s a waste of time to up dance prices. There’s too many customers who know what’s standard to try to play with pricing. And you’re already competing against mileage from virtually everyone so you can’t say that it’s $40 to touch when others are charging $20. And a few may even be willing to go even the further distance for that $20 too...and the savvy hounds know that.

The only club I know of where girls frequently charge higher is a club that attracts business travelers and tourists. Aka, infrequent customers who won’t throw a fit.

Plus also the trade off with Texas clubs is the sheer amount of consistent foot traffic. Sure maybe if you spent a little more time chit chatting with the customer, you could figure out if he knows the standard and try to upcharge anyways if he doesn’t. (But unless he stays with you only the entire time, it probably won’t take him too long to figure it out and he’s probably not going to be too happy with you after the fact)

BUT as far as I’m concerned, that’s a waste of time to spend that much time chatting with him to figure that out. The quick hustle is too easy here to worry about such things. And yes, I’ve pulled $600 and higher shifts on weeknights as well without charging more than the standard $20/dance.

If you’re willing to spend that much time sitting with a customer to figure out how much you can squeeze out of him, then just get him into VIP. Where a lot of clubs make it so that you charge your own price, and the standard is to make it more expensive than VIPs in other places.

Edit: also, I was on the fence about getting racks to riches. Especially considering her stuff is based on a subscription model rather than a flat fee. After this video and one other thing, I’ve decided to not purchase her material after all.

I do think she is genuine and all. It’s just I don’t think she is for me.

Because while I do believe it’s smart to charge more in certain club environments, it’s not something you can apply across the board and just decide is a simple self esteem issue. Advice like that should be a bit more actionable and specific of when it’s a good idea to do that.
    Last edited by StellaRose; 08-24-2019 at 07:32 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StellaRose For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

I’m not comfortable up charging just yet dances are 30 at my club. I’ve been saying the options are 60 and 120 to start which has been working out for me then I’ll ask for tips. I know a few girls that charge 40 and have high tip minimums.
    Last edited by Spicecake; 08-31-2019 at 10:35 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Spicecake For This Useful Post:

Thanks

On busy nights I always charge 10-20 more. It's less work for more money
    Sometimes even 30-40 more (when they are very drunk, horny or I know they are rich)

Thanks

I totally understand that dancing is not the same everywhere. That being said I do provide something "extra"... Literally THEE BEST dance they'll ever get in the lives. Incredible slow sensual moves, feeling and caressing their necks and shoulders, dirty talking like a little slut, giving personalized attention and experience to another level. Provide the value for your higher price. EXCEED the value of your price so they get more dances, tip you big and keep coming back. Yes more and more girls should charge more as it makes it easier.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Commenting on this old thread bc I'm sad about covid and stalking stripper web as a result lol. If you don't want to charge more, or can't because your club doesn't allow it, asking for tips really does make a huge difference. And if you're at a club that doesn't allow you to "ask" for tips, I do things like hold the side of my thong or garter out, 99% of the time they know that's for a tip. And if you straight up ask for one then 99% of the time you'll get one even if it isn't a huge one.

The only time I make less asking for tips than upselling is if I'm stacking dances, but then I'm stacking dances so I'm making money anyways lol.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Futterwacken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

I think asking for tips vs charging double for a lapdance is a better way to go, personally. In some clubs, setting a different price than the club standard wouldn't work as you have to pay the club up front for the dances. Some clubs do "tickets" and the customer exchanges the ticket purchased from the bar for a dance. Some clubs don't allow floor dances. If this works for you, that's cool. It just isn't possible for everyone to set their own dance prices.

Thanks

Okay I previously posted in this thread my input. Since then, I have rarely been back in Texas aside from few-day stints. And definitely have been stuck in one area thanks to covid chaos. The standard at the club I’m at now is 1 song $40 and 3/$100. Some dancers push it to $50. Some undercut to $30. But it has a way of sticking to where it is.

One thing I’ve noticed was that in Texas it was common for customers to buy either 2 songs or 5 songs...which made it $40 or $100 they were willing to spend. For whatever reason, I feel like these are numbers customers are just comfortable with. So whether it’s 1 vs 2 songs or 5 vs 100 it evens out. So I really like the whole thing of upping the dance prices. Because in a lot of mixed club environments, I feel like it comes out to about the same usually. And then when it’s busy it comes out to even better.

That being said, I wouldn’t have the balls to tell a customer a dance is $40 in my hometown. Like somebody else said in this thread, I wouldn’t want them immediately unzipping either.

Lower dance prices can work out well in always-packed environments though. There is one place I’ve been with $10 dances that I liked. But yes, I’m all for $40 being standard in more places lol.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to StellaRose For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,655 Times in 807 Posts

I started this so long ago, glad it's still going lol. I would actually try this in places like key west or higher end clubs with lots of out of towners like Scarletts or 11.. in regular clubs with lots of locals that wouldn't work so well..

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crystalize For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,576 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

I wanted to add to this thread that when I was a dancer , I always found ways to charge more by turning reg $20 dances into stacks or VIPs so to speak. Most often I'd actually just whisper in their ear (if they weren't gross haha) that if they tipped me x amount more right there they could touch my tits or legs but nothing else. 90% of the time it worked & by the end I'd have an extra $100 just in tips from that.

I need to add also that most of the time I was a highly buzzed & am an excellent hustler when drinking.
    It worked in Texas, AL, CA, FL & Nola. Vegas was a bit harder bc they were alrdy expecting touching without payin....ya no LOL
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

26. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12