Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Cammodel Technology 2019

Thanks
    Thanked 21,964 Times in 7,114 Posts

Default Re: Cammodel Technology 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ~Carmen~ View Post
    I almost returned my new c922. The picture looked pretty bad, plus it's all sticky in the back after I removed the film.

I decided to try it with different lighting. Now it looks amazing. Strange how the same camera behaves totally different. Different batches I guess.

Yes. My blue wall background (moon, ocean, and clouds) is staying put, because 1) it's gorgeous and 2) with that behind me on cam + my light + my Logitech Brio, it looks amazing. The second I put my cam (and lighting) onto a plain-ass white wall behind me, I immediately look yellow-ish on cam...and that shit ain't cool.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,392 Times in 990 Posts

My laptop died and I bought a new one and now I cant get my camera or even the laptop camera to access SMConnect. I have been and always have used Chrome and I have had my C920 forever now and everything worked fine up till I moved and plugged everything back in. Has anyone else had issues with their camera or even their laptop camera not working for SMConnect all of a sudden? I ran all updates on the new computer, we ran all sorts of tests and both cams work in every program we opened them in. Just not on SMConnect.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,832 Times in 2,700 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrownFox View Post
    Yes. My blue wall background (moon, ocean, and clouds) is staying put, because 1) it's gorgeous and 2) with that behind me on cam + my light + my Logitech Brio, it looks amazing. The second I put my cam (and lighting) onto a plain-ass white wall behind me, I immediately look yellow-ish on cam...and that shit ain't cool.
    Where did you get your background, if you don't mind me asking? My walls are beige and it messes with my skin tone. I have to tweak the settings and you know how that goes. It usually defaults to the old settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by fetishqueen View Post
    Sometimes your day can get brightened in the strangest of places!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marina Starr View Post
    With everything in life, if you're afraid to ask for what you want then you have zero chance of getting what you want.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,964 Times in 7,114 Posts

Where did you get your background, if you don't mind me asking? My walls are beige and it messes with my skin tone. I have to tweak the settings and you know how that goes. It usually defaults to the old settings.

I bought it from Amazon a year and a half ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrownFox View Post
    I bought it from Amazon a year and a half ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thank you! That's really pretty. My room is soft green and blue so it will work perfectly.
    With everything in life, if you're afraid to ask for what you want then you have zero chance of getting what you want.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,285 Times in 4,066 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by izshadow View Post
    My laptop died and I bought a new one and now I cant get my camera or even the laptop camera to access SMConnect. I have been and always have used Chrome and I have had my C920 forever now and everything worked fine up till I moved and plugged everything back in. Has anyone else had issues with their camera or even their laptop camera not working for SMConnect all of a sudden? I ran all updates on the new computer, we ran all sorts of tests and both cams work in every program we opened them in. Just not on SMConnect.
    I responded to this in the SM thread about it possibly being a Windows 11 issue, but I forgot that a few days after I had figured out how to deal with that my cam randomly wouldn't work in SM Connect again even though it worked elsewhere(with the Windows 11 issue it wouldn't work anywhere). My laptop had done an update the night before and I figured that screwed it up but I couldn't find a way to undo it to see and eventually I had to pay for some remote support(I think from Best Buy where I bought it) to fix it and the said it had to do with updating the drivers--even though my laptop said they were all up-to-date beforehand--but whatever they fixed it.

Thanks

Can anyone show me what type of webcam arm they are using? I want something that moves up and down and side to side, etc. I use a Logitech Brio camera. There are so many extension arms, goosenecks, etc., on Amazon, I'm a bit overwhelmed. Can you all tell or show me what you are mounting your Brio to for maximum flexibility while sitting at a desk and then moving lower to a bed, for example? Thanks.

Thanks

My next question is for those of you using the Logitech Brio camera, are you using the Logitech Capture software or the Logitech G-Hub software? I use the G-Hub software and was wondering what angle setting you have it on for camming as far as the "field of view"- 65, 78, or 90? Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,856 Times in 1,203 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland1 View Post
    My next question is for those of you using the Logitech Brio camera, are you using the Logitech Capture software or the Logitech G-Hub software? I use the G-Hub software and was wondering what angle setting you have it on for camming as far as the "field of view"- 65, 78, or 90? Thanks.

On capture I pick 90. I really miss the old software which now isnít compatible with windows11.

I think I mentioned it on this thread but I use strong highly rated electronics holders with magnets. I have a bunch. One on my desk is for car dashboards. I got a fabric one thatís all cushiony that I am trying out. All this is really hard on the cord thoughÖ I go through so many brios.

Picked up a lumina the other day, no impressions on cam quality because they need to send me a product code. Just by looking at it thinking I will keep it for a travel cam because man is this cord short in comparison to the brio. Anyone know if you can use a third party cord with this one? Canít with brio.
    If you never knew me, that'd probably be cheaper

If you really knew me, you would know I don't need ya- Saweetie

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kamiliam View Post
    On capture I pick 90. I really miss the old software which now isn’t compatible with windows11.

I think I mentioned it on this thread but I use strong highly rated electronics holders with magnets. I have a bunch. One on my desk is for car dashboards. I got a fabric one that’s all cushiony that I am trying out. All this is really hard on the cord though… I go through so many brios.

Picked up a lumina the other day, no impressions on cam quality because they need to send me a product code. Just by looking at it thinking I will keep it for a travel cam because man is this cord short in comparison to the brio. Anyone know if you can use a third party cord with this one? Can’t with brio.
    Ah, interesting. I have only used the G-Hub software and it works fine with Windows 10 and 11, just the same. I have never tried Logi Capture and wonder if I'm missing cool features, though.

Kami, can you expand more on the magnets and set up you have? I am not sure what that is or how it attaches, etc. Can you send me a pic or a link, if possible? Thanks.

Congrats on getting the Lumina. I have been researching it a little. I am considering a new cam down the road with remote zooming, etc, but it seems like a lot of the zooming ones are "choppy" or "jumpy" while zooming it and out from what I've observed. I dont like that. Perhaps, the Lumina will be the answer to that. Let us know how you like it. Maybe others will chime in about the cord on it.

I have just finished the move from hell. Looking to change things up once I get unpacked and settled. But I have been off for too long and need money stat so I'm just gonna have to get back to work asap whether I'm ready or not until I can get everything figured out.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,856 Times in 1,203 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland1 View Post
    Ah, interesting. I have only used the G-Hub software and it works fine with Windows 10 and 11, just the same. I have never tried Logi Capture and wonder if I'm missing cool features, though.

Kami, can you expand more on the magnets and set up you have? I am not sure what that is or how it attaches, etc. Can you send me a pic or a link, if possible? Thanks.

Congrats on getting the Lumina. I have been researching it a little. I am considering a new cam down the road with remote zooming, etc, but it seems like a lot of the zooming ones are "choppy" or "jumpy" while zooming it and out from what I've observed. I dont like that. Perhaps, the Lumina will be the answer to that. Let us know how you like it. Maybe others will chime in about the cord on it.

I have just finished the move from hell. Looking to change things up once I get unpacked and settled. But I have been off for too long and need money stat so I'm just gonna have to get back to work asap whether I'm ready or not until I can get everything figured out.

I was meaning to message you about the move. Sounds like all moves unfortunately.

hereís a pic. The cushion has magnets inside.

Name:  A09FEF64-DE54-49B8-9A01-50D43430500F.jpeg
Views: 169
Size:  284.4 KB
    If you never knew me, that'd probably be cheaper

If you really knew me, you would know I don't need ya- Saweetie

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks Kami, that pic really helps. I spy the Lumify eyedrops, lol- a MUST for camming, I'm addicted to them. I'll message you abt move.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to wonderland1 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,187 Posts

I picked up the Logitech MX Master 3s mouse and MX Keys keyboard this week.

It's so bad ass-I could have a sensory orgasm using both of these. The mouse feels like butter in my hands and I think once I get used to all the features it will help ramp up my workflow. I love that I can use it with multiple systems

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Esixxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Esixxx View Post

It's so bad ass-I could have a sensory orgasm using both of these. The mouse feels like butter in my hands and I think once I get used to all the features it will help ramp up my workflow. I love that I can use it with multiple systems
    Thank you! That mouse does look badass. I just ordered one. It's supposed to be here today. Yay!!

I have been looking for something more camming friendly. The one I have now is awkward to use, especially when I'm on the bed.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Thank you! That mouse does look badass. I just ordered one. It's supposed to be here today. Yay!!

I have been looking for something more camming friendly. The one I have now is awkward to use, especially when I'm on the bed.
    I think you will love it (as long as you have average or large-sized hands - it fits like a gem.)

Mine came in yesterday so I just got familiar with it. You can customize the buttons to zoom in and out and then program other buttons to copy and paste.
    I have yet to use it on my couch, but I have a feeling it will work well.

And the mouse is stupid quiet

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Esixxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,354 Times in 811 Posts

Question: If money wasn't an issue, what laptop (PC) would you buy and why?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to JessRyan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,550 Times in 3,208 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by JessRyan View Post
    Question: If money wasn't an issue, what laptop (PC) would you buy and why?
    Something top notch, latest gen, a powerful desktop system. I usually build a brand new desktop machine every 5-6 years. I built one in 2013, one in 2019 and probably gonna build a new one in 2023. So far, the current one still goes strong.
    I usually spent about $1500- $1800, because I build it myself, pre built is usually $1800-$2000. Now, due to inflation, I predict that my next desktop system will cost about $2500, so I make sure I am saving, for when I have to replace it.

Why? Because it's the money maker. Simple as that. We can't have the latest Iphone and buy a Louis Vuitton bag, or a $50k car, but work on a dying computer and expect to bank. Work tools must be good, if we want to make good money. If you work multiple sites, also make content, etc. You need something that doesn't sweat when you put it to work.
    To me, an $1500-$2500 working station is not a big money, if we think it's supposed to run smooth for at least 4 years. If you make $2500 in one month, you already recovered your investmenty and from there, you go on proffit.
    Anything I buy for work, I see it this way: "Oh, this camera was $400, ok... in a good day I make my money back, but I have the camera for years, that will keep making me money".
    Pay once, have it for years.

My first camming laptop was bought on a loan.Back in 2012 when you could easily stream on an i3 laptop, it was $600 that I didn't have. I took a 6 months loan, I paid the laptop back in a or 2 months. Then in 2013 I decided to switch on a desktop pc and spent about $1500 on a machine that lasted me till end of 2018, when it started to get a little tired, so, in early 2019 I got the current one.
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think you will love it (as long as you have average or large-sized hands - it fits like a gem.)

Mine came in yesterday so I just got familiar with it. You can customize the buttons to zoom in and out and then program other buttons to copy and paste.
    I have yet to use it on my couch, but I have a feeling it will work well.

And the mouse is stupid quiet
    Are you still loving the mouse? It might have worked for me if I had the patience to learn. The scrolling was super fast and my brain is slow. lol

I have been fighting with obs and my printer for the last few days so I'm pretty spent on learning stuff.

Featured Member
    Thanks

Are you still loving the mouse? It might have worked for me if I had the patience to learn. The scrolling was super fast and my brain is slow. lol

I have been fighting with obs and my printer for the last few days so I'm pretty spent on learning stuff.

I am

I got the mouse in on Friday- but I had other tech issues which overloaded my brain. I suggest a good night's sleep lol. I set up my mouse and keyboard on Saturday morning.

I am still learning the features of it. I am working on catching up on spreadsheets so that is helping me practice and learn it lol

I believe you can adjust the speed that it scrolls. I love it because how fast it is- I quickly capture notes on members

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Esixxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am

I got the mouse in on Friday- but I had other tech issues which overloaded my brain. I suggest a good night's sleep lol. I set up my mouse and keyboard on Saturday morning.

I am still learning the features of it. I am working on catching up on spreadsheets so that is helping me practice and learn it lol

I believe you can adjust the speed that it scrolls. I love it because how fast it is- I quickly capture notes on members
    Thank you. Sleep? That's an excellent suggestion LOL. I tend to stay up until stuff is figured out but an overloaded brain doesn't work as well.

It's too bad we can't just turn the cam on and look gorgeous without tech issues.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 37,300 Times in 8,629 Posts

That mouse looks big and expensive

I got a new mouse from amazon for $11 because I wanted something quiet.

I can see you being 90 and flipping your long hair, still teasing the boys.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That mouse looks big and expensive

I got a new mouse from amazon for $11 because I wanted something quiet.
    I have the same quiet mouse. They last forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 37,300 Times in 8,629 Posts

This is a different one from the same one we have. This is more quiet.

I got pink, Iíll buy lavender too.

Q5 Slim Rechargeable Wireless... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RL9TGMJ...p_mob_ap_share

I have the same quiet mouse. They last forever.
    I can see you being 90 and flipping your long hair, still teasing the boys.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is a different one from the same one we have. This is more quiet.

I got pink, I’ll buy lavender too.

Q5 Slim Rechargeable Wireless... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RL9TGMJ...p_mob_ap_share
    Oh okay. That one looks more streamlined

40. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Carmen~ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I sent the new one back. I can see why you like it Esixxx. I'm just too lazy to get to know it .

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast