Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: California Assembly 5 NEW LAW Independent Contractors will no longer be allowed!!!

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,625 Times in 770 Posts

Default Re: California Assembly 5 NEW LAW Independent Contractors will no longer be allowed!!

Quote Originally Posted by GracieBlue View Post
    Hey ladies! Has anyone been keeping up with a AB5 news? Apparently they "cleaned" it up a little bit but I don't know if that applies to us. Just thought I'd check and see if anyone has any insight. Anonamiss where you at? You're good at explaining things! I found this but definitely need to read it more thoroughly. http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...01920200AB2257
    lol here I am honestly I haven't been keeping up with AB5 news much. I figured it stressed me out so much when this all began that I didn't want to get back in the loop of obsessing over it. For the most part I've just accepted our CalGems/employee situation. If they (SM/CG) ever announce that we can go back to being ICs with a relatively simple switch, then great. Otherwise I don't wanna fight for it or get all wrapped up in this again.

I will say, the one thing that has had a direct impact on me/us was not being able to apply for pandemic unemployment, because I had the CalGems employee status and had made just slightly too much money this year as an employee to be eligible for PUA, even though the majority of my income still came from indie work as an independent contractor. So it sucked to watch a bunch of other non-California camgirls get thousands of dollars of free money for a few months while we couldn't. I'm still a bit salty about it, lol.

Anyway, when I have some free time I'll try to familiarize myself with what's new/revised in the bill. I'm curious, but just don't want it to cause insane stress again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anonamiss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 365 Posts

Default Re: California Assembly 5 NEW LAW Independent Contractors will no longer be allowed!!

Totally understand! Thanks for replying! Yeah I've been ignoring it too but got curious with the election coming up. I did a bit more reading today and it seems like Newsome needs to sign it for it to go in effect. It also seems like it's pretty specific for like the photography, video and a few other industries. I don't really know where we would fall into. Hopefully someone at SM is paying attention if we can be exempt from it in the future. Had no idea cammers were getting unemployment! I feel like camming has been really good during the pandemic but maybe there are other factors I'm not aware of.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,111 Times in 2,348 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I feel like camming has been really good during the pandemic but maybe there are other factors I'm not aware of.
    Same!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,670 Times in 655 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Does anyone know if this affects CA workers who work for Talktome?
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetJulia View Post
    everyone I've fucked who was awful in bed should be forced to have sex with each other so they can all, collectively, figure out why I never called them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Sunset View Post
    Nothing makes me feel like less of an adult than walking into several other people's apartments and realizing we all own the exact same lamp from K-mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    The fantasy sold to women through out history that a man will come along & rescue us is a lie.

Featured Member
    Thanks

Heads up -- CalGems just sent out an email this morning saying they'd be "ending our employment" and switching us back to independent contractors with Streamate on October 4th, thanks to the amended AB-5 bill (AB2257.) It sounds like it will be a pretty simple process, we'll get to keep our existing accounts, etc. I'll just be happy to be making 35% again. Oh and no more of those stupid timesheets! Woo!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to anonamiss For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^Does that mean we lose our direct deposit?

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    ^^Does that mean we lose our direct deposit?
    I'm pretty sure Streamate offers direct deposit, so hopefully not. I just went back to my January 2020 bank statements to confirm that I was in fact getting ACH payments from Streamate before we moved to CalGems. This also means we would be going back to weekly paychecks instead of biweekly, which I'd be happy with.

I would be diligent about setting that up ASAP though, once we've officially switched back to SM. I wouldn't count on banking/payment info switching back over automatically.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonamiss For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I ran here to say all that!!! I'm so happy!!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GracieBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 392 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

So happy for you all in California! I never thought I could be so disappointed in a labor movement or an attempt at unionizing as this, talk about coopting language for very personal gain.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by anonamiss View Post
    I'm pretty sure Streamate offers direct deposit, so hopefully not. I just went back to my January 2020 bank statements to confirm that I was in fact getting ACH payments from Streamate before we moved to CalGems. This also means we would be going back to weekly paychecks instead of biweekly, which I'd be happy with.

I would be diligent about setting that up ASAP though, once we've officially switched back to SM. I wouldn't count on banking/payment info switching back over automatically.
    Okay cool. I was always with Daily Pay before and I always remember seeing on here tons of complaints from SM girls about there being no direct deposit and about checks going missing and I really did not want to have to deal with checks.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Whoa! I wasn’t expecting that coming into this thread. That’s awesome!

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mal707 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    Okay cool. I was always with Daily Pay before and I always remember seeing on here tons of complaints from SM girls about there being no direct deposit and about checks going missing and I really did not want to have to deal with checks.
    Same! I loved daily pay but I'm excited to get that 6% more! I can handle getting paid weekly.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,614 Times in 1,713 Posts

If you were a part of the CalGems studio and wish to return directly to your previous studio, you simply email Liz and let her know BEFORE the deadline.

From what I understand, it is a direct account transfer, so you won't lose anything.

For BoleynModels Daily Pay, your records are still in the system and we haven't purged anyone from the banking system that transferred out previously, so your daily pay would resume immediately.
    Last edited by KatyBoleyn; 09-23-2020 at 01:09 PM.

"Daily pay ALL the things!"
    [email protected] - Skype: BoleynModels - "If you haven't heard a rumor by 10am, start one."

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KatyBoleyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks Katy! I was wondering about that. I am going to do the weekly pay, I have gotten used to it now. I guess if we were previously in a studio and want to just transfer over to SM directly, we just say nothing. Haha I don't want to confuse anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by KatyBoleyn View Post
    If you were a part of the CalGems studio and wish to return directly to your previous studio, you simply email Liz and let her know BEFORE the deadline.

From what I understand, it is a direct account transfer, so you won't lose anything.

For BoleynModels Daily Pay, your records are still in the system and we haven't purged anyone from the banking system that transferred out previously, so your daily pay would resume immediately.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,614 Times in 1,713 Posts

Thanks Katy! I was wondering about that. I am going to do the weekly pay, I have gotten used to it now. I guess if we were previously in a studio and want to just transfer over to SM directly, we just say nothing. Haha I don't want to confuse anyone.
    Perfectly fine and understandable, I didn't mean to respond directly to your message it just quoted it when I replied at the end of the thread. I came back here to take that part out.

Just a PSA that didn't necessarily apply to us. If you liked your old studio and want to rejoin, its a free trip back if you let Liz know.

"Daily pay ALL the things!"
    [email protected] - Skype: BoleynModels - "If you haven't heard a rumor by 10am, start one."

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KatyBoleyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,186 Times in 4,245 Posts

It's interesting how this played out. I find it so annoying how advocates of the bill acted like they were doing independent contractors a favor when most of them had no desire to be an employee at all.

I'm so happy for those of you who hated the employee status. I've been independent so long I'm not sure I'd ever want to trade that freedom for the "benefits" of being an employee.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Exactly! We know what we're signing up for!

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    It's interesting how this played out. I find it so annoying how advocates of the bill acted like they were doing independent contractors a favor when most of them had no desire to be an employee at all.

I'm so happy for those of you who hated the employee status. I've been independent so long I'm not sure I'd ever want to trade that freedom for the "benefits" of being an employee.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to GracieBlue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,340 Times in 1,540 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Super happy to have read this whoo hoo!
    Im not in Ca anymore but good to know that the pressure of not working while im visiting there def alleviates pressure! congrats cali girls im glad it worked out
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

31. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok changed over! I'm not sure if it is because I was in a studio before Calgems but I am able to stream but not get payments or enter my payment method till they verify my adress. I'm curious to know how it went for you guys!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^^Same I just submitted my proof of address, says it can take up to 72 hours.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I noticed that my break button is gone and I can't raise my rates. I think that's what happened the last time they did this hopefully it will get corrected pretty quickly! I wasn't planning on raising my rates as of now but I like to have the option.

Thanks

Does anyone know what's needed for the address verification? I submitted my drivers license but that did not work. I can't really find any information on it and what you should submit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^I sent a photo of my entire car insurance bill. At first I just sent the part where your name and address shows through the front of the envelope because I thought that was enough but it was rejected, it needs to be something that has a date on it that's within the last 90 days.

I wonder if places accept screencaps of bills from online accounts for address proof now since so many people go paperless now and don't receive physical bills anymore.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They approved it! I sent in the front page of my bank statement.

Featured Member
    Thanks

I had ACH set up before we switched to CalGems, so all I had to do was make sure that info was up to date. I believe I used a copy of my DMV car registration paperwork to validate my address.

However I never saw a separate "performer agreement" or anything of the sort, which CalGems stated in their last email that we'd have to sign a new one in order to continue as an independent contractor after October 4th. Did any of you see it? When I logged into my account on Sunday, all I was prompted to do was update my payment info, nothing else was new.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637