Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clean hustling, does it still exist?

Thanks

Default Clean hustling, does it still exist?

Hey girls,

So... I've dance like 5-6 yrs off/on, honestly I've hardly worked this past year.. anyhow,
    I feel like the past 2 yrs mostly its become pretty apparent that clean hustling is becoming taboo.

When I first started dancing, I could be the hottest girl there & make money.
    Now... it seems like customers will just settle for trashy girls that have hustle, may or may not involve sex,
    or sexual favors, and they go with whatever works. I've noticed this industry change and its made me start
    sourcing outside "work" rather than just dancing because the bad nights dancing can suck so much.
    But even building clientele in "other work" is HARD, so what gives!

Am I just totally burnt out?
    Are guys just not into hot chicks anymore??
    Am I in the wrong cities? (not in nyc btw currently in portland)
    I just feel like dating apps, hook up culture, VR strip clubs have all ruined this industry backed with broke millennial guys
    coming into clubs doesn't help.

So wtf gives? where can I work that I don't have to promise to f*ck guys to get VIP??
    Does this exist?

I might go back to denver but I just feel so lost... my hustle is lost... it sucks.
    Any help or thoughts are appreciated.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NYC.Bianca For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Clean hustling, does it still exist?

I dont know girl, it has been NEXT LEVEL HIT AND MISS for me anymore. I just can't with this. Out here theres a lot of fat ugly white girls always banking that would get laughed at or ignored like in tx or fl unless they went way above and beyond. I'm in the midwest currently. And yeah the girls selling VIP rooms all night every night are some of the fattest/oldest/ugliest when theres a shit ton of much better options for these guys walking all around. I am confused as fuck too. I believe hustle matters but it only takes a clean dancer so far. I am not fucking stupid and completely oblivious.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to random stripper For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by random stripper View Post
    I dont know girl, it has been NEXT LEVEL HIT AND MISS for me anymore. I just can't with this. Out here theres a lot of fat ugly white girls always banking that would get laughed at or ignored like in tx or fl unless they went way above and beyond. I'm in the midwest currently. And yeah the girls selling VIP rooms all night every night are some of the fattest/oldest/ugliest when theres a shit ton of much better options for these guys walking all around. I am confused as fuck too. I believe hustle matters but it only takes a clean dancer so far. I am not fucking stupid and completely oblivious.

Yah agree, but even in Vegas its like the opposite problem where there are super hot girls f*cking guys for $300 or something ridiculous & so its like you can't compete from both sides. So I don't know if I should go back to Denver, travel around some more, try Dallas or Austin again ? Or go to Florida ?
    Its hard because Im actually really trying to build my "other work" outside of dancing and even that is SO hit or miss, I definitely need a bigger city but I always see these high end girls with such low prices and Im like wtf. And dancing just seems so hit or miss now... these millennial guys are a joke.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NYC.Bianca For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

You can stick to your moral standards and do a clean hustle. I work clean, doesn't matter if that hurts my money or not. The more girls in the club do a clean hustle, the more all dancers in that club are going to benefit in the long run. Men will take what they can. If extras are not on the menu, they will pay for company and entertainment, not every guy walks into the club looking for extras. In fact, I do believe most men don't walk in expecting extras but some men will take extras if they are available. What I think helps me personally is not getting drunk at work and not looking trashy. Many men will prefer my classy behavior and will spend on me, even if not much vs paying some trashy looking girl for extras.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Adelina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am convinced Portland is just an odd place—and not only because of the masturbation options in VIPs in some clubs or stage dildo shows. But it’s definitely an odd hustle here and I haven’t figured out my demographic of customer here. In Texas and at least one club in Minnesota if there is an Asian in the room—85-90% chance he’s buying a dance from me without me even trying that hard.I’m part Asian myself, which is why I assume I have had an advantage here.

But in Portland and Eugene? Nope, they freaking reject me and I can see in their face that they just aren’t that interested in me. I’m just as cute up here as I am in other places and I don’t get it.

I wouldn’t necessarily blame other girls doing stuff affecting money. I’ve worked in Dallas and San Antonio up against girls who offer waaay more than I do (as in, getting fingered on $20 floor dances) and I held my own just fine.

Oh, and that’s the thing with Portland. A lot of these guys, at different types of mileage, only want to spend low. I’ve been cutting back on teasing them by adding in a little more at the end of the song cause it doesn’t matter. They will spend more or they won’t and it doesn’t matter what I do. So forget it, just going minumum mileage all around haha.

I haven’t gotten a “sexual favor” impression from any of the three clubs I’ve tried. But being newer in all these places, I might be wrong. But when I got into town about a week ago, girls were complaining it’s been sucking in Portland for the past two weeks in more than one club. So I think it’s just a weird thing lately of slow money.

How long have you been in Portland? And if you don’t mind me asking, what clubs have you worked at?
    Last edited by StellaRose; 10-12-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Featured Member
    Thanks

I think being women, we can't grasp the concept of men's thinking with their other head. How many times have we seen the same man who was a gentleman just a few minutes before turn into a pig? I think once many (not all, hopefully) men have been stimulated to the point of getting a boner, getting a release becomes simply a physiological need to them. That's why I think we sometimes see men go for less attractive but easy girls. I am all up for raising up the standards to get into this industry.

Thanks
    Thanked 23,987 Times in 8,838 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

Tinder ruined it all

kidding (but serious)

You may need a change of scenery. And ďcleanĒ hustling does exist Iím certain club markets. Managers/clubs that charge exorbitant fees then enable ďanything goesĒ atmospheres will be more challenging to hustle ďcleanĒ if customer base is also looking for more.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    Tinder ruined it all
    I believe it's the economy, not Tinder. Old ugly guys get no action on Tinder, I am not a user of that app but I have no doubt our main customer base is not successful on Tinder (if they use it at all). The increase of costs of housing, goods and services and therefore lower "real" wages are leaving less money for discretionary spending in people's pockets. Plus, there are more clubs per capita these days vs the old days. Lower hiring standards don't help, either.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Adelina For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

^youre certainly entitled to your opinion

I personally don’t buy into the economy failing and people are spending less. Perhaps this is true for the average working class joe blow but even during times of economic crashes n depressions there were still people prospering and making money.

What I meant by Tinder is that men’s expectations are through the roof - the men who are used to dating apps, swipe left, have a fast food/“I want the most bang for my buck” mentality when it comes to women.

They think they can roll up to the strip club - no llonger satiated by stripping n dancing, so they need more thrills. Clean dancer tells them no for extras then they just “swipe left” hypothetically speaking and find Bubbles 3 feet away willing to take that risk for xyz amount of money

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by Adelina View Post
    You can stick to your moral standards and do a clean hustle. I work clean, doesn't matter if that hurts my money or not. The more girls in the club do a clean hustle, the more all dancers in that club are going to benefit in the long run. Men will take what they can. If extras are not on the menu, they will pay for company and entertainment, not every guy walks into the club looking for extras. In fact, I do believe most men don't walk in expecting extras but some men will take extras if they are available. What I think helps me personally is not getting drunk at work and not looking trashy. Many men will prefer my classy behavior and will spend on me, even if not much vs paying some trashy looking girl for extras.
    This is valid point as not all male sc patrons come in with the intent of trolling for extras.

Thanks

I am also in Portland and taking a break because it is sucking SO bad. So burned out right now. Thinking about writing an article for the local weekly papers here, reminding folks about HOW THE FUCK THE CLUBS WORK and that we do not get PAYED if they aren't TIPPING. Jeezus f*cking christ, I guess we have to spell it out for people. OR, worse, these guys know and just don't care because there are NO CONSEQUENCES to coming in and watching for free without spending a goddamn dime except for at the bar.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne7 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Yes, I believe if they paid the cover charge they feel they have already "paid" to watch the show. Also applies to waived cover charges, too lol

But also I think working on our appearance, physique, presentation and attitude is important. When a man is wowed, he'll open the wallet even if he didn't plan to do that initially.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adelina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StellaRose View Post
    How long have you been in Portland? And if you donít mind me asking, what clubs have you worked at?
    Winter is slow season in PDX. Not long only danced a few months here but have hardly worked so I know my hustle sucks as well.
    Lived out here about a year because denver just started getting too hit or miss, I have worked at rogue, spyce & casa and there is DEFINITELY
    extra things going on in VIP in ALL of them. lol.

Thanks

Yes, I believe if they paid the cover charge they feel they have already "paid" to watch the show. Also applies to waived cover charges, too lol

But also I think working on our appearance, physique, presentation and attitude is important. When a man is wowed, he'll open the wallet even if he didn't plan to do that initially.

That use to be the case, but the past 1-2 yrs I've noticed more and more me "intimidating guys" with my looks just ends up making them spend on ugly trashy chicks, or girls wearing no makeup and look like the girl next door thing. Men spending by being "wowed" doesn't seem that common anymore, maybe I am just jaded tho now & working in the wrong cities who knows.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NYC.Bianca For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Try no makeup?? In the past I'd have days I look put together with hair and makeup done and make nothing LOL. Then I come in the next day my hair looks crazy and no makeup and suddenly I am making money again no joke.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,467 Times in 1,439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine

All good points. NYC I totally feel you. Omg I understand. I complain in the dressing room night after night because it’s fucking ridiculous how much guys expect for soooo little, but I need to start accepting this as the new normal and make the best out of it. I can totally validate you. I think it’s just the new normal. Honestly I’ve been the most bitchy because I put EFFORT into my performance and my presentation. I get a lot further because honey attracts more bees than vinegar, but most girls don’t think it’s worth it. A lot of girls are getting jobs as cocktail serves I think every dancer has to ask herself if it’s worth it and prepare for it to get worse. The era of just a little sexy dance is over. I support sex workers, but most clubs are now just a place to meet a girl to do ITC or OTC extras. I think we have to focus our energy on making as much as we can while we’re in the game. Again I’m not preaching, but I realize the energy I spend being in resistance to the new normal is really just hurting myself and getting myself worked up. It is frustrating as hell. I think it’s this way everywhere for the most part.

Works cited

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48667681

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ifyouseekamy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I believe what’s putting the industry under pressure are all the internet options easily available for anyone. Those visiting clubs, might just be those seeking something more than just watching and being teased.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jucie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,175 Times in 796 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

Truly clean hustling is virtually non-existent these days compared to the "old days" of stripping (like when my mom danced in the 80s and 90s, when the girls had to dance in front of customers on little podiums and the guys absolutely couldn't touch them). Almost every club around offers at least SOME contact, so it depends on the definition of "clean."

There are still many clubs left that have a high earning potential and do not allow extras, they're just harder to find. You can't just walk into any club and make easy money as a non-extras girl, you have to find clubs that are still clean, and that sucks. But those clubs are out there. I danced in Detroit for years, easily one of the worst extras cities in the country. Even in Detroit, I was able to find a non-extras club where I banked (broke a grand my second night there!) There are very few clean clubs on this side of the state, but I found a couple and have had no problems making money at them.

Extras are more prevalent for reasons already listed in this thread. Also, with their being review websites for men to find information on which clubs are extras-friendly, more men will walk into clubs expecting extras and more naive dancers will feel like they have to do them to make money. Plus, the standards have gone down in general. Back when my mom danced she was making $17/hr plus a shitload in tips. Now, we have to pay the club. Imagine how much the quality of dancers dropped when clubs were making that transition.
    "Rather have my feet hurting than my pockets."

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Nina_ For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

It's not just about the club being clean or not. It's the girls. The more girls in a club work clean, the easier it is to train the customers to follow your rules. Surrounding yourself with similar minded co-workers really helps.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Adelina For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

A multitude of factors go into the concept of extras in the club.

Some clubs charge ridiculously high fees (thus more pressure to do “more” to make a profit after paying out hella people), too cheap to pay for marketing (so lack of spending customers), management is lax about enforcing a no extras policy, security is lax about throwing out customers when they deserve it and/or turns blind eye to the private rooms for illicit activity, clubs desperate to pay overhead hire anything with tits n heels, and a bunch of other political stuff.
    Last edited by miss.a.p1600; 10-14-2019 at 08:43 PM.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

If I don't do "more" to make a profit, noone will be able to pressure me into doing "more". If I can't make a profit, I will leave and seek another place where I can make a profit, or transition into another industry all together. We can't blame just the clubs for allowing extras, it's the women who work in those clubs that choose to do extras, or not.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adelina For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

I don’t think the Average dancer wakes up like “hey I’m ready to go do some extras in the club today!”

Maybe some dancer is just trying to get her immediate needs met and faced with a dilemma (her ex just left her with no money, 5 kids, in the middle of winter - should she risk getting evicted/ lights cut off or should she give a few discrete extras)

Idk. Thankfully I’ve never been in a situation where I needed money that bad. But I’m sure there are women who have.

What you don’t realize is the system is set up to enable extra in the club (whether a woman makes a choice out of need or out of want). The market for extras in club benefits dancer, customer, and club

39. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Most clubs here in Portland don't even have a cover charge, so these wankers can just wander on in and watch for free. It's not right.

I could see if clubs charged a cover, and then split it up amongst the dancers or something. Like bars do with musicians/bands, for example.

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouseekamy View Post
    All good points. NYC I totally feel you. Omg I understand. I complain in the dressing room night after night because itís fucking ridiculous how much guys expect for soooo little, but I need to start accepting this as the new normal and make the best out of it. I can totally validate you. I think itís just the new normal. Honestly Iíve been the most bitchy because I put EFFORT into my performance and my presentation. I get a lot further because honey attracts more bees than vinegar, but most girls donít think itís worth it. A lot of girls are getting jobs as cocktail serves I think every dancer has to ask herself if itís worth it and prepare for it to get worse. The era of just a little sexy dance is over. I support sex workers, but most clubs are now just a place to meet a girl to do ITC or OTC extras. I think we have to focus our energy on making as much as we can while weíre in the game. Again Iím not preaching, but I realize the energy I spend being in resistance to the new normal is really just hurting myself and getting myself worked up. It is frustrating as hell. I think itís this way everywhere for the most part.

Works cited

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48667681
    Same here. I am actually taking a break because I kept spinning my wheels on the injustice of it all. I was making myself crazy thinking of how things "should" be. Accept it, change it, or leave. I can't accept the current situation. I don't have the energy to change it. So for now, I'm out.

43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nina_ View Post
    There are still many clubs left that have a high earning potential and do not allow extras, they're just harder to find. You can't just walk into any club and make easy money as a non-extras girl, you have to find clubs that are still clean, and that sucks. But those clubs are out there. I danced in Detroit for years, easily one of the worst extras cities in the country. Even in Detroit, I was able to find a non-extras club where I banked (broke a grand my second night there!) There are very few clean clubs on this side of the state, but I found a couple and have had no problems making money at them.

I completely agree with this, we need to have a post for "Extras clubs for money vs. Clean clubs for money"
    So that way girls that wanna do more, know where is good, & girls that want to just keep it dancing know where to go.

But also I've noticed clubs can go thru periods of being clean vs. getting dirty and then going back again... sometimes they go in waves.
    I've worked at some clubs that were clean but then the second they hire a bunch of the wrong girls it goes downhill
    until management catches on.

Anyhow, people being more open about clubs they have found that are really clean or mostly, would be a HUGE help.
    As I'm probably going to be travel dancing for awhile and don't want to get stuck not making anything..

45. The Following User Says Thank You to NYC.Bianca For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast