Thread: Young, Naive, and in need of relationship advice

Thanks

Default Young, Naive, and in need of relationship advice

Hi everyone, I really need some opinions/advice on my current situation. So I am 20 years old, and this guy that I’ve been seeing for a few months is 28.. I’m not sure if the age difference is too much or not? Sometimes I think it really is because we’re both at different points in our life and I feel like we don’t have too much in common because of the age gap. Also, he still lives at home with his parents, 32 year old brother and himself. To me that’s a red flag, but he does somewhat take care of his family in a way, but it’s not like his parents and brother can’t take care of themselves either, they don’t have any medical issues or anything that prevents them from taking care of themselves, he’s just a really big mommy’s boy. He can be really mean at times also, like verbally abusive and after watching a few videos about narcissistic relationships I think may be in one but I’m not positive. When we hangout it has to be either outside in a social setting and then a hotel if we want to sleep together. He calls me at least 30 times a day and texts me nonstop.. I feel like he’s a little bit obsessive but then he always says he doesn’t care if he has to cut me off and never talk to me again. I’ve never been to his home and never met his family, even though he is with them 24/7, like literally 24/7 he has to be home for dinner every night... and he’s a 28 YEAR OLD MAN!! Although I’m saying all these negative things we actually get along and have a great bond. May I also mention, he does a lot of scamming, he’s one of those. Legally he is unemployed but he has little scam businesses he runs.. I feel like im stuck in this relationship

Thanks
    Thanked 13,837 Times in 4,139 Posts

Default Re: Young, Naive, and in need of relationship advice

Good grief. What is even good about this man? Why stay?

Sorry, he sounds like a complete and total loser.

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 21,549 Times in 5,996 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by karmakiss View Post
    Hi everyone, I really need some opinions/advice on my current situation. So I am 20 years old, and this guy that I’ve been seeing for a few months is 28.. I’m not sure if the age difference is too much or not? Sometimes I think it really is because we’re both at different points in our life and I feel like we don’t have too much in common because of the age gap. Also, he still lives at home with his parents, 32 year old brother and himself. To me that’s a red flag, but he does somewhat take care of his family in a way, but it’s not like his parents and brother can’t take care of themselves either, they don’t have any medical issues or anything that prevents them from taking care of themselves, he’s just a really big mommy’s boy. He can be really mean at times also, like verbally abusive and after watching a few videos about narcissistic relationships I think may be in one but I’m not positive. When we hangout it has to be either outside in a social setting and then a hotel if we want to sleep together. He calls me at least 30 times a day and texts me nonstop.. I feel like he’s a little bit obsessive but then he always says he doesn’t care if he has to cut me off and never talk to me again. I’ve never been to his home and never met his family, even though he is with them 24/7, like literally 24/7 he has to be home for dinner every night... and he’s a 28 YEAR OLD MAN!! Although I’m saying all these negative things we actually get along and have a great bond. May I also mention, he does a lot of scamming, he’s one of those. Legally he is unemployed but he has little scam businesses he runs.. I feel like im stuck in this relationship
    Girly I read this entire thing holding my breath! I kept waiting for you to say something good about him and sadly you did not. What is it specifically that you like about him?

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 21,549 Times in 5,996 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

I just read it again. You say that he's a scammer, right? And you've never been to his home or met his family, how do you even know that's who he lives with? How can you be so sure that the reason he HAS to go home is because of his Mama?

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,914 Times in 8,370 Posts

Lightbulb Re: Young, Naive, and in need of relationship advice

Quote Originally Posted by karmakiss View Post
    Not a healthy relationship

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,398 Times in 2,448 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Run Away!

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to slowpoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 576 Posts

Haven't met his family?

And he lives there?

Uhh, yeah

run, quietly, quickly

do not look back

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to oldster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,864 Times in 3,852 Posts

You don't have a really good bond, he is a predator that groomed you. And I greatly urge you to get help. https://www.thehotline.org/

https://victimconnect.org/resources/national-hotlines/

His scams may one day cause you legal trouble & then your ability to rent an apartment & get a job will be greatly reduced.

There are plenty of men out there in the world, no need to hang onto one that is abusive, has no legit sources of income & zero ambition. If you had a daughter would you want this kind of relationship for her. He targeted you because that is what predators do, they go after younger women who don't know better.

Here are some facts, he will cause you to go into debt, 1/3 of women have several brain damage due to abusive relationships, more than foot ball players have. The greatest threat to women, the number one killer is their male spouse. So literally, one day in the future he might kill you. Also abusive men are more likely to sexually, physically & verbally abuse their children. If you don't do it for yourself, then think of your future children.

What bond is so great & wonderful that verbal abuse is tolerated? What bond is so great & wonderful that you stay with your future killer? Cause I really want to know.

https://www.anncrafttrust.org/signs-...watch-out-for/

https://www.bark.us/blog/grooming-si...ual-predators/

https://psychcentral.com/blog/21-war...-relationship/

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/a...-and-abuse.htm
    Last edited by Sam38g; 01-30-2020 at 07:49 AM. Reason: added links for her to get help
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,240 Times in 1,800 Posts

I was waiting for the good to drop but it never did. Throw him away gurl, throw him hard and far. There's literally nothing good about him. He's 28, either lives at home with his parents or with his gf/wife, is a mama's boy (which is never good), doesn't have a legal job/career, is a scammer and is emotional and mentality abusive. Not once did you say what's he done for you, what he provides for you, what he brings to your life, you didn't even say what his personal goals that he has for himself. What is the point of him? Does he even take you out? Is the head/dick even good?

Honestly it sounds like you maybe his side chick/mistress. Either way you can do better. You're too young to be wasting your time on such a "man". Even if you were older he'd still be a waste of time.
    Last edited by Blovely; 01-30-2020 at 04:39 PM.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blovely For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You already know this answer to this question is isnt faithful and will eventually up the level of abuse

Banned
    Thanks

Sounds like he has more issues than you need to deal with... I would move on.