Thread: Fillers

Thanks

Default Fillers

Has anyone had experience with fillers.. Specifically voluma in the cheeks and juvederm in lines around the mouth(nasolabial lines)? I had a really full face as a teenager and and I lost a good amount of weight the past few years and run everyday so I feel like my face looks older than it should. Has anyone had experience with these products and it making a difference in your looks and looking younger? Its expensive, so I just want It to be worth it...Thanks !

Thanks

Default Re: Fillers

It is expensive, and only lasts 1.5 months looking good, 3 months before it's completely gone. At least that's been my experience.
    Last edited by AlluringDancer; 02-09-2020 at 03:09 PM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AlluringDancer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,015 Times in 1,614 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by alexiarose22 View Post
    Has anyone had experience with fillers.. Specifically voluma in the cheeks and juvederm in lines around the mouth(nasolabial lines)? I had a really full face as a teenager and and I lost a good amount of weight the past few years and run everyday so I feel like my face looks older than it should. Has anyone had experience with these products and it making a difference in your looks and looking younger? Its expensive, so I just want It to be worth it...Thanks !
    I am not sure I reccomend the cheek fillers. In time you may end up looking like Jigsaw )) I mean, inform yourself a ton, and maybe look at celebrities and see how they look in time and be super cautious with this. I honestly don't believe in volume in cheeks. I always found it to be weird. I have natural big cheekbones and everyone asks me what I use for my cheeks, while I wanna get a hammer and push my bones back ))) I feel like I look weird.
    But again, just look for more info, before and after pictures and over years looks. That's the most important. I mean, look at Kris Jenner or Khloe Kardashian. They can afford the richest aestheticians and still, their cheeks are looking absolutely weird, like they have 2 balls injected.
    The immediate reulst is always satisfying. What matters is how it looks over the years, after you have done repeated procedures to "refill".

For the nasolabial lines (+ other wrinkles), YES, go for it! Try a little and see how it is. Can't do too much harm.

If you need to tone up your face, I'd rather reccomend to start getting some facial massage sessions for first. And that may naturally help your face lift a little.

In the end, talking to an experienced aesthetician may help you take the right decisions. Sometimes, we may need the wrong things for ourselves.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I would never do it again. I had sculptra which did not develop even results from side to side. So I had more sculptra to the cheek that was still too hollow, to try and fix the asymmetry. It didn't work. So Then I had a little juvederm in that one hollow cheek to even out the results. It looks better now, but I still feel the juvederm under my skin and I hate it. I just want it to go away and I keep massaging it hoping it will soften and feel like real skin again. I feel like I am now in the cycle of wanting to spend more money just to fix the results from the first go round. I regret ever going down this road. I promise to love my narrow face from now on and quit fucking with it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Adrienne7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

I love it but it doesn’t last. I only will get restylane Lyft though and only 1 syringe split between my cheeks. I had some flatness more in my mid face than in my cheekbones and just needed a little volume. It lifted my whole face and definitely made me look younger although the change is subtle. I’d say it lasts maybe 6-9 months but my face just goes back to normal after it dissolves. I’m hoping it will last longer in my mid face since I think sleeping on my sides caused it to deteriorate faster. Voluma I’ve heard causes problems in the jaw and can spread or migrate.
    I’m working on some prp microneedling and trying RF microneedling to build natural collagen and tightness that lasts. With a good injector, you can have fantastic results that last as long as they should.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisa7513 View Post
    You can only make so much selling dances, but when you really get into a guys head and heart, you get into his wallet.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danni For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Danni View Post
    I love it but it doesn’t last. I only will get restylane Lyft though and only 1 syringe split between my cheeks. I’d say it lasts maybe 6-9 months
    It's f*d up that they didn't mention restylane to me. I recently went in for cheeks and they did voluma but it only lasted a couple months. That just burns me that they didn't even suggest restylane. I had heard of resty before, but didn't know what it was.

One of the things that burns me about these places is that they won't tell you sh*t. You best go in there knowing what you want, what products are available, know all about the different varieties of each of those products, etc. If you want to know anything else such as how long each lasts, how much it costs, you are going to feel like you're asking 20,000 questions cuz they don't going to OFFER you any information. They will answer one tiny question at a time, and not expand on it, just a short answer to exactly what you asked. I feel like they hord information.
    And I always feel like I am mining them for information.

But here is my question to anyone. Let's say, after you left, you noticed there was an assymmetry - where the doc put more in one side than the other, and it's obvious. When you go back in for a correction, do you expect to pay for the new filler? Or - because it was their error - do they give it for free? This is something I need to find out.
    Last edited by Carmen Elixer; 08-10-2020 at 08:00 PM.

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,614 Times in 558 Posts

Try this. I’ve had them work on my face. Never had any problems.

https://aestheticmedicaltraining.com/models-2/
    Last edited by moneybags; 08-14-2020 at 01:18 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Awesome I will check this out!! Thank youu!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Carmen Elixer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Elixer View Post
    It's f*d up that they didn't mention restylane to me. I recently went in for cheeks and they did voluma but it only lasted a couple months. That just burns me that they didn't even suggest restylane. I had heard of resty before, but didn't know what it was.

One of the things that burns me about these places is that they won't tell you sh*t. You best go in there knowing what you want, what products are available, know all about the different varieties of each of those products, etc. If you want to know anything else such as how long each lasts, how much it costs, you are going to feel like you're asking 20,000 questions cuz they don't going to OFFER you any information. They will answer one tiny question at a time, and not expand on it, just a short answer to exactly what you asked. I feel like they hord information.
    And I always feel like I am mining them for information.

But here is my question to anyone. Let's say, after you left, you noticed there was an assymmetry - where the doc put more in one side than the other, and it's obvious. When you go back in for a correction, do you expect to pay for the new filler? Or - because it was their error - do they give it for free? This is something I need to find out.
    It took me years and years of dealing with that and mostly plastic surgeons NOT med spas interestingly enough before I found and awesome med spa that really does go over absolutely everything they offer and not only that, but suggest which products are best suited to me and why.

As for the correction....definitely something you want to make sure you ask prior to letting them inject you but yes typically if there is an obvious error, they should correct it for free. Where I go the practitioners always tells me to wait two weeks and if anything is off, come back and she will tweak it necessary. It never has been.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisa7513 View Post
    You can only make so much selling dances, but when you really get into a guys head and heart, you get into his wallet.