Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you know when you’re done with stripping?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Default Re: How do you know when you’re done with stripping?

When you begin to think being in the club working is a waste of your time/it's just not enough to be there.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yaya_cash For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,239 Times in 3,578 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arielbriel View Post
    You're there but you're not there. You just there and going through the motions, if that, or you just sit in the corner and drink or look at your phone.
    Yeah that's how I knew it was time to go to down to super part-time.
    No matter how motivated I thought I was at home, as soon as I did my first stage I just couldn't be arsed to cold hustle anyone. I basically relied on guys approaching my stages and telling me they wanted dances. The whole thing was just boring, other girls seemed annoying/stupid, etc.

Before covid really hit, I was pretty much going in for regulars only, on day shifts where I was a big fish in a small pond otherwise. I still liked dancing but only under those circumstances.

I just didn't have the mental energy to deal with Friday/Saturday nights. Charlie once said "If I'm not in a place to hustle circles around new girls, I'm not going in". About summed it up.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

When you just want to come in only on busy nights - Friday and Saturday nights. Then proceed to only coming, or thinking of coming, two weekends a month then to one weekend a month.

When your high-spending regular(s) stop coming to the club and don't have the energy to cultivate and groom the next potential.

Start to get annoyed with the music, customers, staff and fellow dancers' antics.

Start to reminisce of the "good ol' days" of your baby stripper years and past jackpot one-night earnings.

Start to think all the customers inside are all "furnitures" even the ones you never seen before - possibly... Usually begins when you don't want to chat any longer than 5 minutes. From there, your time-to-chat tolerance starts to dwindle.

Maybe it's me, but when you start seeing the strip club environment changing with the times while the money starts to get harder to obtain to the same earnings of 3-5-7-10 years ago. At times, it's losing that "new girl/dancer" aura.
    Last edited by 305gurl; 12-29-2020 at 06:45 AM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,085 Times in 2,651 Posts

Yes, the other girls/customers start to annoy you by just BEING, like they're soooo stupid LOL. You feel too good to be there.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,352 Times in 1,245 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Just wanting to play on the pole on the side stage avoiding working and a customer comes up to tip/talk/ask for a dance and thinking "this bitch came here to ruin my fun!" LOLLL

Binge eating fast food as comfort before heading to the club. Drinking in the parking lot in the car to prepare myself because management at some nude clubs would check our bags. (Used a spray bottle to contain my vodka)

Or going from buying outfits you think are cute and thinking "oh the customers are gonna love this" compared to later in the burnt out future you'd be fine showing up like "whatever I wanna wear I will wear and the song I play is not for the crowd. It's for me to be happy and cope with this main stage nonsense"

Rules being a PITA and Being fined for not being on stage and pulled out of a dance WITH a customer who wanted to continue was a big one for me. He had to wait for me to finish on stage.

...all becomes self preservation near the end. (at least for me)

Oh and the last was hiding when I was called to the main stage because I didn't want to go on. I got called into the managers office for the time I was found curled in the fetal position trying to avoid the bouncer and was finally found one day and fined me if I missed stage. BAHAHA. Other clubs would just report to the manager to deal with my main stage absence. I was a shit show to work with. LOL
    Last edited by indiegirl; 12-29-2020 at 01:33 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,121 Times in 5,125 Posts

I never really felt too good to be there !
    Just exhausted and beyond caring .

I think I worked last late Jan a year ago so almost 11 months.
    I intended to quit anyway but COVID sealed it.

Another time when I retired I was so burnt I tore a bill up and threw the little bits at a cheap customer. :/

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,722 Times in 1,704 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by indiegirl View Post
    Just wanting to play on the pole on the side stage avoiding working and a customer comes up to tip/talk/ask for a dance and thinking "this bitch came here to ruin my fun!" LOLLL

Binge eating fast food as comfort before heading to the club. Drinking in the parking lot in the car to prepare myself because management at some nude clubs would check our bags. (Used a spray bottle to contain my vodka)

Or going from buying outfits you think are cute and thinking "oh the customers are gonna love this" compared to later in the burnt out future you'd be fine showing up like "whatever I wanna wear I will wear and the song I play is not for the crowd. It's for me to be happy and cope with this main stage nonsense"

Rules being a PITA and Being fined for not being on stage and pulled out of a dance WITH a customer who wanted to continue was a big one for me. He had to wait for me to finish on stage.

...all becomes self preservation near the end. (at least for me)

Oh and the last was hiding when I was called to the main stage because I didn't want to go on. I got called into the managers office for the time I was found curled in the fetal position trying to avoid the bouncer and was finally found one day and fined me if I missed stage. BAHAHA. Other clubs would just report to the manager to deal with my main stage absence. I was a shit show to work with. LOL
    Girl that spray bottle idea is brilliant! If I ever return to dancing Im so using that idea haha

I used to go hide in the bathroom if I was avoiding stage sets and if they came looking I'd say Im having diarrhea lol
    Worked like a charm
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    Girl that spray bottle idea is brilliant! If I ever return to dancing Im so using that idea haha

I used to go hide in the bathroom if I was avoiding stage sets and if they came looking I'd say Im having diarrhea lol
    Worked like a charm

Bahaha diarrhea is a great excuse. I will add that to the excuse list if I ever need one.

Me: I'm not ready to go on stage ( right when I arrive at the club)
    Manager on staff: It's okay they'll love you.

This was the day I said I won't be drinking and they were checking I wasn't (fed up with my behavior at the club) by walking through the dressing room numerous times. Because one time I snuck it through some sorta taco bell large drink I poured out to fill with vodka and drinking like I was absolutely thirsty lol. I was sick of working but needed money at the same time.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,547 Times in 1,862 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Except for a little over a month when I was between (vanilla) jobs, it was always a side hustle for me. When the pandemic hit, I went back to driving a tow truck on the side, and this company’s owned by a regional auto club affiliated with AAA, so its all AAA tows and (since I’m a commercial tow tech) commercial accounts and Copart deliveries. I’ve been in twice since the club reopened, and I put as much into my stage sets as I had previously, but I just wasn’t feeling it. Maybe it was the absence, maybe it was the feeling that the towing was… I don’t really know how else to say it, but better for me in a sort of spiritual sense. So, yeah, I’m pretty sure I’m finished.
    Life asked Death, “Death, why do people love me but hate you?”

Death responded, “Because you are a beautiful lie… and I am a painful truth”

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,121 Times in 5,125 Posts

^ Nice ! It's nice to know you are finished or just not feel that pressure to go back .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post

Worked like a charm

Gotta be careful with the spray bottle. One club I worked at checked and opened it in the City of Industry. He smelled it and said "you gotta do what you gotta do. Hide it better" Best to keep it on you with a jacket. What really pissed me off was when I was working the floor at one club that was ok with booze and girls would reach into my bag and take swigs of booze...caught a few in the act.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,612 Times in 5,712 Posts

Sex worker burnout is a pretty quick spiral, i think. Lots of jobs, you can fake it and still make money (like vanilla customer service gigs). But when you're working as an independent contractor, and you walk into the club already owing money (due to house fee), and you're trying to sell dances, trying to sell sexiness and beauty to guys who can smell desperation a mile away... oh man. That is so rough. And it just gets worse and worse, as you go in to work less and less, so you need to make more and more money when you do manage to drag your ass into the club...

I never needed dancing to make ends meet (i could've gotten a different job), so i honestly can't even imagine how much more intense burnout must be for women who rely on that income. That shit is crazy. But i did use dancing as a sole source of income for about six years, so I've been through some serious fucking burnout myself. I wanted to burn my club down.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,360 Times in 4,340 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

When you meet a hot young guitarist who eats your ass and you want to have his babies.
    "Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Someone already said it in this thread.

Our bodies tells everything.

I'll add wearing heels becomes annoying. I'm not done with stripping but I'm getting tired of wearing high heels.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,722 Times in 1,704 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by 305gurl View Post
    Someone already said it in this thread.

Our bodies tells everything.

I'll add wearing heels becomes annoying. I'm not done with stripping but I'm getting tired of wearing high heels.
    Ya I second that! I HATE heels ugh
    I'm tall anyway so I don't need them, I prefer my black Docs anytime over any type of heels. I remember one night I was annoyed and about to walk out & I was wearing my cute black slouch boots and a guy asked me for a vip which turned into an extra $300 before I left an hr later
    "Alot of people are afraid to say what they want, that's why they don't get what they want"~ Madonna

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

28. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,564 Times in 1,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arielbriel View Post
    You're there but you're not there. You just there and going through the motions, if that, or you just sit in the corner and drink or look at your phone.
    This was me my entire last year. Glad to be retired now.
    Quote Originally Posted by We had a rabbit like you View Post
    And I'm over here like "fuck you, pay me". No non sense, sorry.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I started turning to drugs and alcohol just to show up to work.. would break down crying for no particular reason in the middle of my shift. Finally landed a great job and never looked back.

[/URL]

[/URL]

[/URL]

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to babylovexxx For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

When you start to resent giving tips to staff more and more.

When you start to feel working on any days of Sunday thru Thursday is a waste of time.

When the new girls are getting younger and younger, and hotter and hotter, and at times you feel you can't compete.

When your long-time stripper girlfriends moved on - got married & children or got a career.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 305gurl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,612 Times in 5,712 Posts

^Yeah, i remember feeling like a washed up stripper compared to newbs who would come in wide-eyed, innocent, and excited about the job. I felt like i was 80 years old or something, just totally worn out and jaded. The spark was fading quickly.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,547 Times in 1,862 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

I only ever really felt disadvantaged compared to the new girls in that they were often the really skinny, slender types that some guys tend to go for, whereas I’m a lot more athletic. But, they still had to learn how to hustle, their stage sets were often kinda dull, and their… let’s call it “target acquisition” hadn’t developed yet, so they’d get hung up on ‘cute’ guys while the rest of us were reading the crowd and figuring out who was actually spending. I liked it when we had more girls doing stage. That was more time for me to sell rooms and hustle without being interrupted by having to go on stage.

Though I think it was easy for me not to feel that way, since I never went all in. The worst was that I could bow out of a side gig. I have other things to fall back on and was able to pick up another side job when the clubs shut down. Had it been my mainstay, I imagine I might have felt different.

That body type. I’d have never been chosen for a backup dancer for this video. I’m not jacked like the firefighter I know, but I’ve got a lot more tone and definition than the backup dancers in this video do. So,e guys just prefer that body type, and so be it. Still didn’t feel impeded in any way by new girls with that body type.
    Life asked Death, “Death, why do people love me but hate you?”

Death responded, “Because you are a beautiful lie… and I am a painful truth”

38. The Following User Says Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12