Thread: Few questions sorry

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Default Few questions sorry

Hiyaa

Im hoping Iíve picked the right thread to post this.

I am completely new to dancing. I have my audition on Wednesday and have no idea what to expect.
    Can someone tell me what to expect please haha?
    The pros, the cons?
    Any tips for complete beginners?

Im very confident, can spark a conversation with almost anyone and Iíve been doing pole fitness for a while anyway.

Iím nervous but looking forward to it 😂 Can people just throw tips and the truth at me please

Thanks
    Thanked 11,200 Times in 3,594 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Default Re: Few questions sorry

The newbie section is your friend.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

I’m looking through now but so many posts ��

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Ask the club youre auditioning at what the audition process is like, what the floor and the stage dress codes are. Find them on social media, get a feel for the culture of the club. If you don't know how to pole dance, thats usually fine unless you are trying to get hired at a majority stage money club, which you'd probably know it already if you were by the looks of them on social media. MOVE SLOW and sensual on stage. Go on youtube and look up 2 floor dance moves you can do. POINT. YOUR. TOES. and smile, make good eye contact. And have fun! this is a fun adventure. Auditions are just a way for them to get a feel for your personality and your look, not necessarily what you DO on stage, unless like i said, its a stage club.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beverly_worldshaker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

As far as tips for beginners. Write down a couple of your boundaries. Each girl and each club is different as far as what they allow customers to do/touch/say. Maybe spend some time thinking about what are some firm no's for you, anything could come up and you should know within your self if it's ok with you or not. You can change those over time if you get more comfortable. Dont ever feel pressured to do ANYTHING just because you see another girl do it or a customer says "but so and so lets me do it". Decide early on that if you dont want customers touching you during a lap dance (some clubs are more lenient than others about touching), then decide youre going to work at being the best air lap dancer in the world. Focus on what youre really good at and dont bend your own rules for anyone. Whether if thats back rubs, good personality, good story teller, joker, stage performer, caring, etc...Get to know your value and what YOU have to offer and dont feel like you need to do anything "extra" outside of your boundaries to compete.

Dont ever undercut other dancers, charge the flat rate for a dance or a room but dont ever go under that. Remember, unless youre in Cali..you're an independent contractor. Dont let managers or customers try to boss you around or make you feel small or take advantage of you. This is customer service but you are also a business, not an employee of the club so you can say no or refuse to do business with anyone or any club that isn't respecting you the way you want. Most clubs are cash only, but if by chance they let customers use credit cards, you can either decide to take cash only or keep super close track of what dances/rooms you sold on credit cards because ive had clubs rip me off before. And dont let customers tip you on a credit card sale, the club might take that too.

Get on IG and follow some industry folks like @rackstoriches and @thedancersresource for more industry related info. Too many to list but everything you need to know is out there.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beverly_worldshaker For This Useful Post: