Thread: Does cigarette smoking really ruin your looks?

Banned
    Thanks

Default Does cigarette smoking really ruin your looks?

I been smoking cigarettes on and off for a few years and I don’t feel it ruin my looks.

I used to religiously wear retin a and still avoid the sun as much as I can.

What do y’all think? Has it ruin your looks like society has said?

What ruin my looks more than anything is gaining weight. But not my face just my body, I got this Britney Spears VMA 2007 shape right now. I have good self esteem about my looks though even at my worst.
    Last edited by Femme Fatale; 03-10-2020 at 11:07 PM.

Featured Member EastCoastDancer01's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,658 Times in 823 Posts

Default Re: Does cigarette smoking really ruin your looks?

I don’t smoke but I see a lot of girls who do, and one thing Ive noticed is that it makes your voice sound more hoarse and raspy. And it definitely makes you smell like cigarette smoke, which most people don’t like. I’ve kissed men who smoke and I can’t stand it, I hate the taste of a smokers mouth! To answer your question, it may not always effect someone’s looks, but it can make you less attractive by effecting the way you smell, taste, and sound. And a lot of times it does age you.

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to EastCoastDancer01 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastDancer01 View Post
    I don’t smoke but I see a lot of girls who do, and one thing Ive noticed is that it makes your voice sound more hoarse and raspy. And it definitely makes you smell like cigarette smoke, which most people don’t like. I’ve kissed men who smoke and I can’t stand it, I hate the taste of a smokers mouth! To answer your question, it may not always effect someone’s looks, but it can make you less attractive by effecting the way you smell, taste, and sound. And a lot of times it does age you.
    That’s true. I do it in the privacy of my room and leave it there cause I know how bad it smells. I definitely don’t take it to the public.

I like that raspy voice effect, so that’s why I do it sometimes.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,006 Times in 8,846 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

I think it does. Especially lines around the mouth. I’ve seen elderly ladies who have those smoker mouth lines

When you’re young you don’t see it as much but over time it adds up and the more those muscles being used the more those wrinkle lines set in.

Yes I believe smoking contributes to premature aging.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,847 Times in 4,509 Posts

I think it does. The smell can also be difficult for non-smokers.
    It sound like you got really lucky but I would cut back a lot and not press that great luck.

I look at friends I have know 18-20 years ago for example. We all partied back then but those of us who didn't smoke / don't drink much after that phase all look 5-8 years younger easily than the ones without the good habits.
    Last edited by carmen_b; 03-11-2020 at 10:18 AM.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

I believe so. I have never seen a smoker with glowing skin.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Adelina For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,847 Times in 4,509 Posts

Plus factor in the knowledge that a lot of people will really good habits just won't accept it in a dating context.
    I won't date a smoker ( even if it's just " one with a drink " in the evening ) . I know a lot of friends who won't either.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Smoking, drinking and sun exposure make your skin look old much faster.

I don't think that any protective creams (etc) do much to stop it.

I've seen a 45 year old man who has never smoked or drank and hates being in the sun. He doesn't put on face cream either (I don't think I know any women other than my mother who don't, hence using a man for comparison!). Very little hair left, but his face looks better than many 25 year olds.

My mother is 83 and smoked a lot in her 20s and 30s, but then stopped. She drinks, but not to the point of being drunk, and isn't big into sun exposure. She definitely doesn't do face cream (or makeup). Although she's in poor health, she doesn't look her age, so I guess the cigarettes didn't hurt all that badly.

A high school acquaintance, who was a big party animal, looked around 40 at 27 when I last saw her. She just looked really good... for 40. Lots and LOTS of drinking.

I suspect that drinking is even worse in the short term than smoking, but smoking doesn't do any good either!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Clara_M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,201 Times in 3,594 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Even if you don't smoke, second hand smoke can be just as bad.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vyanka For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clara_M View Post
    Smoking, drinking and sun exposure make your skin look old much faster.

I don't think that any protective creams (etc) do much to stop it.

I've seen a 45 year old man who has never smoked or drank and hates being in the sun. He doesn't put on face cream either (I don't think I know any women other than my mother who don't, hence using a man for comparison!). Very little hair left, but his face looks better than many 25 year olds.

My mother is 83 and smoked a lot in her 20s and 30s, but then stopped. She drinks, but not to the point of being drunk, and isn't big into sun exposure. She definitely doesn't do face cream (or makeup). Although she's in poor health, she doesn't look her age, so I guess the cigarettes didn't hurt all that badly.

A high school acquaintance, who was a big party animal, looked around 40 at 27 when I last saw her. She just looked really good... for 40. Lots and LOTS of drinking.

I suspect that drinking is even worse in the short term than smoking, but smoking doesn't do any good either!
    I don’t believe in protective creams outside retin a and Vaseline. All the others are snake oils in my opinion. Tyra did this thing about Vaseline a few years back so I always wear it when I can. I am so lazy about skin care, but I do wear sunscreen in the summer time.

I also more attractive after insomnia than before, I don’t know why. 2+ days without sleep and I’m beautiful.

Yeah I actually think cigarettes improve my looks which is a stupid concept but I like the whole “dark circles under the eyes, pallor skin, Twilight look”. I have naturally long black hair and pale skin.

I do it on and off and not addicted to it, and I promise I will quit by 30 cause that’s when cancers start showing up (in my opinion). It also gets the edge off for me and I can’t describe that well.
    Last edited by Femme Fatale; 03-13-2020 at 12:39 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,887 Times in 5,467 Posts

It ruins your lungs. Source- I am a victim of my own love of cigs. Bronchitis, pneumonia, and an eternally bum right lung.

Also it yellows teeth. These days nice teeth are a status symbol, more than a luxury vehicle or a lot of diamond and gold jewelry. (Perfect nice teeth are YOURS, for good.)

Cigarette smoking thankfully isn't fashionable like it used to be. Cardio and coffee are better methods to stay slim and look with- it.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,109 Times in 378 Posts
    My Mood
    Devilish

Quote Originally Posted by carmen_b View Post
    Plus factor in the knowledge that a lot of people will really good habits just won't accept it in a dating context.
    I won't date a smoker ( even if it's just " one with a drink " in the evening ) . I know a lot of friends who won't either.
    I had a friend who decided to start smoking cigarettes and we were eating lunch and it kept blowing in my face eating salad. It was so off-putting.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to indiegirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I think the negative health impact on you and anyone who can smell you is more important than the effect on looks, don't you think? FFS. But yes, it ages you. And drains your money. Not to mention the smell that you don't realise everyone can smell.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fetishqueen For This Useful Post:

Senior Member neverendingkneebruises's Avatar
    Thanks

Even if you think you don't smell like it, you probably do. My fiance is an ex smoker (quit with use of vaping) and now he can smell cigarettes from a distance and it disgusts him. He said only after a few days of quitting the smell of cigarettes became gross to him because it was out of his system. You probably don't notice because you're used to it. It sticks to all your clothes, hair, furniture etc. Also, it can wreck your teeth, skin, lungs, blood oxygen and is such a waste of money. (Pack a day of cigs is $3k wasted in a year) If you can quit, I really recommend it.

If you like the vampire look (I get it, I do too lol), stay out of the sun or use a parasol and SLATHER yourself in sunscreen every day, reapply every few hours. Even if you're staying inside or it's not sunny out. I am super pale and my skin is so unused to sun now that I just can't tan, and I have Polish and Abruzzo Italian heritage. (Altho it wasn't on purpose, I just was antisocial as a child and stayed inside to game a lot, as well as sleeping in most days and it just happened.) Only downside is you'll be more prone to sunburn, but sunscreen helps with that. You can also get away with using foundation a shade or half a shade lighter. Sunken/tired eyes can also be faked with makeup, or you can get cheek fillers to make your under eyes look more prominent.

Artwork is from my most favorite webcomic ever, Lore Olympus

26. The Following User Says Thank You to neverendingkneebruises For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

I smoked for 15 years and haven't smoked for over 3 years, you can really see the difference in my face and my voice is much smoother too

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johniefoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johniefoy View Post
    I smoked for 15 years and haven't smoked for over 3 years, you can really see the difference in my face and my voice is much smoother too
    I'm glad you were able to quit. Nicotine is more addictive than opiates for most people.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 307 Posts

Smoking definitely affects your looks. Aside from fine lines around the mouth over the years, the skin just looks duller, eyes aren't as sparkling, hair not as vibrant.

Of coure, the biggest determination to how you look and age is genetics. After that it's lifestyle and how you treat your body. Drink lots of water, eat lots of fresh fruit and veg, protect your skin from the sun with sunscreen and retinol (The Ordinary is my fav brand). I want to try hydrofacials- I saw a friend do it and the results are fantastic. Drinking a lot of alochol also has a detrimental effect, but that is one indulgience I refuse to give up - I love my martinis, wine, and cocktails too much

32. The Following User Says Thank You to princess_casual For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Smoking is a personal choice. Society should suck a cock.

Senior Member neverendingkneebruises's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by berenika View Post
    Smoking is a personal choice. Society should suck a cock.
    Just because it's a personal choice doesn't mean it's a healthy one like OP asked.
    Every single smoker I've met told me they wish they never started & told me to never do it either. Literally every one. I don't judge people who choose to use whatever substances they want to cope with this shitty world, but OP asked if they age you and we told her the truth which is yes.
    Smoking long term can ruin your teeth, voice, skin, & cause wrinkles & bad breath (if we are going strictly by appearance & not health) just look up the photos of the twins one who didn't smoke and one who was a pack a day smoker. Also the smell clings to you & your hair & belongings (even if you think it doesn't) which hurts you in the club because customers can smell it on you.
    Everyone has their vices, smoke if you want, but don't deny that for most people it has negative effects.

Artwork is from my most favorite webcomic ever, Lore Olympus

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to neverendingkneebruises For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,413 Times in 1,425 Posts

Yes, it does ruin your looks. I smoked a pack a day from the time I was fourteen until I was 27, when I found out I was pregnant. I then quit smoking , never started back up, and I'm almost 47 now. Quitting smoking was the best thing I did. I could definitely see a change in my skin, my energy levels, and even to this day people think I'm younger than 34. If I still smoked to this day, I would probably look 50.
    [QUOTE=We had a rabbit like you;3051234]And I'm over here like "fuck you, pay me". No non sense, sorry.[/QUOTE

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoveyDovey View Post
    Yes, it does ruin your looks. I smoked a pack a day from the time I was fourteen until I was 27, when I found out I was pregnant. I then quit smoking , never started back up, and I'm almost 47 now. Quitting smoking was the best thing I did. I could definitely see a change in my skin, my energy levels, and even to this day people think I'm younger than 34. If I still smoked to this day, I would probably look 50.
    ^THIS

My mom smoked heavily for a couple decades and it helped ruin her (formerly incredible) good looks. Nothing is worse than being gifted with beauty and then trashing it with nicotine.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SnuffleUffleGrass For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 460 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neverendingkneebruises View Post
    Even if you think you don't smell like it, you probably do. My fiance is an ex smoker (quit with use of vaping) and now he can smell cigarettes from a distance and it disgusts him. He said only after a few days of quitting the smell of cigarettes became gross to him because it was out of his system. You probably don't notice because you're used to it. It sticks to all your clothes, hair, furniture etc.
    Absolutely. I'm a former smoker too; I can 100% smell it on other people now even if they aren't actively smoking a cigarette, and it makes me gag. I cringe thinking back on how bad my hair used to smell all the time from secondhand smoke in the club.

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lurkingtitties For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

I have some older non-dancer female friends. They all have very wrinkled mouths and have lost some front teeth. If you care about your long-term health and appearance, you will not start or will stop. It's a nasty, expensive, and dangerous addiction where you are controlled by the big-business tobacco industry. Think also of how many actors have died of smoking illnesses.
    Life is tough enough without being controlled by money-hungry, addiction-dependent industries. Sorry if you are a tobacco grower.
    I loved going to strip clubs; I actually made some friends there. Now things are different for the clubs and for me. As a result I am not as happy.

Customers are not entitled to grope, disrespect, or rob strippers. This is their job, not their hobby, and they all need income. Clubs are not just some erotic show for guys to view while drinking.

NOTE: anything I post here, outside of a direct quote, is my opinion only, which I am entitled to. Take it for what you estimate it is worth.

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to threlayer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,413 Times in 1,425 Posts

I prefer weed instead ��
    [QUOTE=We had a rabbit like you;3051234]And I'm over here like "fuck you, pay me". No non sense, sorry.[/QUOTE

45. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveyDovey For This Useful Post: