Thread: My life is literally a joke

Thanks

Sad My life is literally a joke

Warning: this is a long rambling pity party, so if you’re trying to block out negative bitches dont read this post lol

So the current state of my quarter life crisis is not very good right now.
    This forum probably isnt the correct place for me to vent but since i lied to everyone in my life about what I was doing in Guam and am too lazy/depressed to explain dancing in guam to someone else this is the only place i can vent without needing to explain myself.

i also realize in posting this a few people on here are going to be able to figure out my actual identity, but i dont really care about that.

anyways ive been talking about wanting to leave my relationship and go to guam and get my shit back together on here for years. Kept chickening out and staying in the same place watching myself get old and more miserable everyday and i finally snapped and faced my fears and went to guam.

of course i got there march 13 and this coronavirus came around two days later and i got sent back home to my boyfriend with no job and omg i just feel so discouraged. Like for a few years everything i do blows up in my face and im just done trying to make shit better. Like i seriously have so much debt and everywhere is closed right now so i dont even know when i can find a job. I know im lucky i still had somewhere to go back home to but i hate it here.

i used to really try to fix things in my life and i used to have so much hope and slowly after so many disappointments i gave up, and this was the first time in a long time i attempted to get my life together and feel hopeful again. And for reasons totally out of my control it all blew up in my face like it always does and its just so typical.
    i wish my life was fucked up because of my own actions because then id be able to see what to change but honestly most of the time its just things that no one had any control over and theres nothing to blame except bad luck, and perhaps my own attitude for the time gapes between my attempts to change things but it really took a lot before i stoped letting myself get excited for things.

its just so ironic it would be hilarious if i wasnt so desperately wishing to just get my life back in order again. Ever since hurricane sandy my life has been one giant hilarious joke. Things that seem foolproof fail. I do something ive wanted to do for years only to be sent home after working 2 times.

sorry for the big long self pity post, i know im lucky to be healthy and even though im broke im not starving and do have a lot to be grateful for but when can this bitch catch a fucking break

thanks for reading, hope the rest of you are healthy and happy and in a much better state of mind than my broke ass. ^,~

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Meowxo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,021 Times in 4,143 Posts

Default Re: My life is literally a joke

So .... you are done with him but are also stuck quarantined with him now ?

Anywhere else to go ( family / friends ) ?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,357 Times in 1,295 Posts

Trust me on this, shit will go like this and then suddenly turn around. The only key is not to give up. I've met so many people who were in despair and you see them 5 years later and everything is great.

I shouldn't do this but I just have to add, cause I'm gen X, please give 30 seconds consideration to the people who have died, gasping for breath, with this horrible disease. You are not one of them. Every one of them had hopes, dreams, some had kids and spouses who needed them. That, my friend, is bad luck. Ok, Gen X time over. Hugs.
    Where Am I? The Beach

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bahuba For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ It's a good point. Even though money might go " backwards " right now ..... health is everything really.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Give yourself a break. Take a rest, and while you're resting and waiting start making plans. Make yourself a 1 year plan, a five year plan and a ten year plan. Lay out the steps you need to take to get their, and start working for it.
    Sometimes just planning is the beginning of manifestation.
    Also, take it easy on yourself. You had no way to know this would happen, and you took a chance. Keep taking chances! Grab life by the balls. You've got this!

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Red Velvette For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ Yeah ! Were you liking Guam before leaving?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I wish I could do something more for you than send e-hugs.

It shows your courage that despite these set-backs, you never stop trying. That's the hardest shit to do especially when you're powerless over the cause of the mess.
    I applaud you, my friend.

hughughughughughughughughug!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 Times in 2,322 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Well this is probably not what you want to hear, but the fact of the matter is that life isn't fair and bad things happen to everyone. I know when bad thing after bad thing after bad thing keeps happening to you it's hard to not take it personally because it feels like the world is against you and the universe is literally not allowing you to catch a break, but you can't take it personally because like I said; shit happens to everyone, it's not just you. It might make you feel better to read about or watch some documentaries on people who have it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than you.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Genoveve For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 398 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

You have to see the situation for what it is now, not what it could’ve have been. Everyone in the world is going through this. You really should be more grateful you have a place to stay and make amends with your boyfriend. Your life is not a joke if you use this time to figure out a plan B for yourself . Don’t fall into bad habits of drinking and drugs like everyone else, reflect on what you need to do to change your life and a plan to put it in action, and you will be fine. This is the only way to fix your situation because crying about it never fixes anything . It’s tough advice I wish someone would’ve given me when I was in your shoes but you will overcome this.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jasmine22 For This Useful Post: