Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is anyone applying for unemployment due to covid-19? Apparently we can....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Default Is anyone applying for unemployment due to covid-19? Apparently we can....

So according to the covid19 relief efforts and from what I can understand, strippers are eligible to apply for unemployment. Has/is anyone doing this? I canít atm due to other issues but if this shit continues into May, I will definitely be looking into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisa7513 View Post
    You can only make so much selling dances, but when you really get into a guys head and heart, you get into his wallet.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danni For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,724 Times in 4,451 Posts

Default Re: Is anyone applying for unemployment due to covid-19? Apparently we can....

I am so confused how to apply but I think I am eligable also.
    What percentage of your weekly income do you even get ? I have never done it but I can prove weekly income numbers.

Freelances and self employed folks usually can not use it so this is very very rare. It's probably worth applying.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Default Re: Is anyone applying for unemployment due to covid-19? Apparently we can....

Quote Originally Posted by carmen_b View Post
    I am so confused how to apply but I think I am eligable also.
    What percentage of your weekly income do you even get ? I have never done it but I can prove weekly income numbers.

Freelances and self employed folks usually can not use it so this is very very rare. It's probably worth applying.
    no idea but free lance, self employees and gig workers are eligible.
    im guessing if you canít prove numbers you would get state min and (Iím not sure if itís my state or nation wide) but the additional $600/week.

if anyone does it I would like to know what info they need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You can only make so much selling dances, but when you really get into a guys head and heart, you get into his wallet.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Danni For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes I just did- I hate filling out forms but it will definitely be worth it. Who knows how long we'll be shutdown for so nice to know I can survive without dipping into savings too much. The amount is the same for every citizen across the map here. It's enough to tide me over until everything is up and working again. Look into it

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bananaqueen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,415 Times in 2,429 Posts

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,964 Times in 3,520 Posts

Already did it.

You are supposed to get the $600/week plus whatever the average payout amount in your state is. They're supposedly able to be paid out retroactively too, so I would file now in case that's true - you'll probably be found 'ineligible' right now until the states get everything worked out, but then theoretically they would send you the backpay.

I think I read that they are checking that you filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return to verify that you were employed.

https://taxfoundation.org/federal-co...-cares-act/#25
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Bikini Bottom, USA / Sin City / Hollyweird / OC
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post
    Already did it.

You are supposed to get the $600/week plus whatever the average payout amount in your state is. They're supposedly able to be paid out retroactively too, so I would file now in case that's true - you'll probably be found 'ineligible' right now until the states get everything worked out, but then theoretically they would send you the backpay.

I think I read that they are checking that you filed a 2018 or 2019 tax return to verify that you were employed.

https://taxfoundation.org/federal-co...-cares-act/#25
    Can I just file my taxes after I file for unemployment? 0__0 if it works that way understandable id only get $600 and nothing additional, but im curious if i can get benefits now and pay taxes later or if i gotta do my taxes first ?
    𝒴𝑒𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑔,
    𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅 𝒾𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓌
    𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒾𝒻 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝐼 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹𝓃'𝓉 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝒽𝑜𝓌
    𝒜𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓎𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒻 𝐼 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝐼 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹,
    𝒶𝓉 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by Ladycaxe View Post
    Can I just file my taxes after I file for unemployment? 0__0 if it works that way understandable id only get $600 and nothing additional, but im curious if i can get benefits now and pay taxes later or if i gotta do my taxes first ?
    you shouldn’t have had to filed taxes in either year because I read that even if you were about to start a job and haven’t even worked 1 day yet, you can still file.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Danni For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,652 Times in 1,506 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

The one bouncer who bought a box truck to haul for Amazon with his brother, I went to his place last weekend to help them sort out an electrical issue they were having with it, and he was telling me that he had helped some of the dancers get their paperwork in order to file for it. I’m one of the fortunate ones. I still have my vanilla job, plus other things to do on the side.
    Life asked Death, ďDeath, why do people love me but hate you?Ē

Death responded, ďBecause you are a beautiful lieÖ and I am a painful truthĒ

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Well I just filed. Feels strange but hopefully it’s approved and it can get me and my daughter through this mess
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks
    Thanked 12,964 Times in 3,520 Posts

To get the $1200 check, they are using IRS data for 2018 or 2019, so you would need to file at least to get that part.

Unemployment, I'm really not sure how each state works individually. My state is telling us to just file an initial application (that will be denied for now) and then when they get their shit figured out, they'll update us. They don't go off tax returns right now since it's just state based but I haven't found a straight answer as to how they'll be determining who qualifies for the expanded stuff. I did read an article where a hair stylist said she had to submit a Schedule C to her state, which is part of filing taxes.

Honestly I would just rip that bandaid off & file at least your 2019 taxes. They extended the due date and thus also the due date for payment to 7/15, so even if you owe you still have 3.5 months to sort that out.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Selina M View Post
    To get the $1200 check, they are using IRS data for 2018 or 2019, so you would need to file at least to get that part.

Unemployment, I'm really not sure how each state works individually. My state is telling us to just file an initial application (that will be denied for now) and then when they get their shit figured out, they'll update us. They don't go off tax returns right now since it's just state based but I haven't found a straight answer as to how they'll be determining who qualifies for the expanded stuff. I did read an article where a hair stylist said she had to submit a Schedule C to her state, which is part of filing taxes.

Honestly I would just rip that bandaid off & file at least your 2019 taxes. They extended the due date and thus also the due date for payment to 7/15, so even if you owe you still have 3.5 months to sort that out.
    Yes thx i'm def filing 2019 ASAP.

Yeah I tried fililng for Unemployment in NV and it showed i wouldnt receieve anything...coincides w/ the fact they have yet to impliment the cares act. Perhaps I should just go ahead and file my claim? Or Maybe do Taxes 1st? 0__0 Tryna get my taxes done in next couple days
    𝒴𝑒𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑔,
    𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅 𝒾𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓌
    𝒶𝓉 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

alamedastrip's profile picture
    alamedastrip
    1. Unemployment Compensation Benefits Are Now Available to Freelancers and Independent Contractors

Unemployment compensation benefits were usually reserved only for employees who were laid off from their job. Under the CARES Act, independent contractors and freelancers are now eligible to receive unemployment benefits as well. The CARES Act even increases the amount of benefits by $600 a week.

To claim the unemployment benefits, freelancers and contractors should log on to their state’s unemployment websites and apply as soon as possible for benefits. For example, the California site is at www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/Filing_a_Claim.htm.

Unfortunately, the unemployment compensation websites are still being updated to take the new law into account, and the instructions will be confusing for independent contractors. In addition, the sites are being inundated with applications. Phone calls are going unanswered due to sheer volume. The best thing to do at the moment is to file online as best you can and hope that the state follows up with any questions.

The amount of unemployment benefits will depend on what state you are in and what your income has been as an independent contractor. The benefits typically are 20% to 50% of what you previously earned, together with the extra $600 per week provided by the CARES Act.

Many states provide for 26 weeks of benefits. The CARES Act provides eligible employees and freelancers with an additional 13 weeks.

2. $1,200 Payment from the IRS

Independent workers and freelancers are entitled to receive a $1,200 payment ($2,400 for married couples) from the IRS, plus an additional $500 per dependent 16 years or younger. In order to qualify for the full amount, you have to have earned $75,000 or less in the prior year ($150,000 or less if married). Above those income thresholds, the stimulus payment decreases until it stops altogether for single people earning $99,000 or married couples who have no children and earn $198,000. If you haven’t prepared your 2019 tax return, you can use your 2018 return to see if the income threshold is met.

#coronavirus #covid_19 #covid

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Can anyone confirm this? Honestly doesnt sound too bad...unemployment $ + an extra $600 a week
    𝒴𝑒𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑔,
    𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅 𝒾𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓌
    𝒶𝓉 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

alamedastrip's profile picture
    alamedastrip
    1. Unemployment Compensation Benefits Are Now Available to Freelancers and Independent Contractors

Unemployment compensation benefits were usually reserved only for employees who were laid off from their job. Under the CARES Act, independent contractors and freelancers are now eligible to receive unemployment benefits as well. The CARES Act even increases the amount of benefits by $600 a week.

To claim the unemployment benefits, freelancers and contractors should log on to their stateís unemployment websites and apply as soon as possible for benefits. For example, the California site is at www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/Filing_a_Claim.htm.

Unfortunately, the unemployment compensation websites are still being updated to take the new law into account, and the instructions will be confusing for independent contractors. In addition, the sites are being inundated with applications. Phone calls are going unanswered due to sheer volume. The best thing to do at the moment is to file online as best you can and hope that the state follows up with any questions.

The amount of unemployment benefits will depend on what state you are in and what your income has been as an independent contractor. The benefits typically are 20% to 50% of what you previously earned, together with the extra $600 per week provided by the CARES Act.

Many states provide for 26 weeks of benefits. The CARES Act provides eligible employees and freelancers with an additional 13 weeks.

2. $1,200 Payment from the IRS

Independent workers and freelancers are entitled to receive a $1,200 payment ($2,400 for married couples) from the IRS, plus an additional $500 per dependent 16 years or younger. In order to qualify for the full amount, you have to have earned $75,000 or less in the prior year ($150,000 or less if married). Above those income thresholds, the stimulus payment decreases until it stops altogether for single people earning $99,000 or married couples who have no children and earn $198,000. If you havenít prepared your 2019 tax return, you can use your 2018 return to see if the income threshold is met.

#coronavirus #covid_19 #covid

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Can anyone confirm this? Honestly doesnt sound too bad...unemployment $ + an extra $600 a week
    I filed today. There were specific questions regarding the covid19 and areas to explain my Independent contractor status so hopefully I will hear back in the next couple weeks and get my payments. Iíll keep you posted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Danni For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Danni View Post
    I filed today. There were specific questions regarding the covid19 and areas to explain my Independent contractor status so hopefully I will hear back in the next couple weeks and get my payments. I’ll keep you posted
    I'm trying to file (NV) but since i'm self employed and its asking me about employee shit ...Nowhere to explain im an IC :/ Idk if i am filling out the right form (well its the only available) or if i should wait until they roll out the Cares Act Assistance

Edit: Scrolling thru twitter and found this tweet
    (6 hours ago)
    "..The government hasn’t even allotted grant money from the bill to Nevada or made them system usable for self employed people yet. So unemployment is literally just paying from the states funds currently.
    "

So theres that. Guess I'll have to wait.
    Last edited by Ladycaxe; 04-02-2020 at 07:17 PM.
    𝒴𝑒𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑔,
    𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅 𝒾𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓌
    𝒶𝓉 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉

Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 1,540 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Can someone please verify if you'd have to file 2018 or 2019 taxes to get the $1200 check if you get 1099's for those years? Thanks
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

27. The Following User Says Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    Can someone please verify if you'd have to file 2018 or 2019 taxes to get the $1200 check if you get 1099's for those years? Thanks
    From what I hear, you will still get them. (https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...=1#post3169375)

I too havent filed but i also think I should...how much i actually want to report (thus pay) is where im struggling ;000 I know majority on here will say FILE EVERYTHIIIING but realistically that'll be hard right now. But that also depends when the $600 a week would start. Ah lots of confusion for me right now..
    𝒴𝑒𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑔,
    𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅 𝒾𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓌
    𝒶𝓉 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

From what I hear, you will still get them. (https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...=1#post3169375)

I too havent filed but i also think I should...how much i actually want to report (thus pay) is where im struggling ;000 I know majority on here will say FILE EVERYTHIIIING but realistically that'll be hard right now. But that also depends when the $600 a week would start. Ah lots of confusion for me right now..
    Thanks Just file whatever is has been reported to them (1099s) wise. That's what a cpa told me.

"Respect is a dying art"

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Thanks Just file whatever is has been reported to them (1099s) wise. That's what a cpa told me.
    I've only worked at one club that's done that out of 3 years..... and since it was only the last couple months of 2019, so was not a lot. I just dont want to be audited in the future
    𝒴𝑒𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑔,
    𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅 𝒾𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓌
    𝒶𝓉 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

I've only worked at one club that's done that out of 3 years..... and since it was only the last couple months of 2019, so was not a lot. I just dont want to be audited in the future
    I highly doubt you would be. Just have a CPA do your back taxes (if possible) and don't have write offs. Write offs raise red flags from what I've been told. If you put most of the money you earned in your bank then claim that too. I'm only going off of what an accountant has told me in the past.

"Respect is a dying art"

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxxGothBarbie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

I highly doubt you would be. Just have a CPA do your back taxes (if possible) and don't have write offs. Write offs raise red flags from what I've been told. If you put most of the money you earned in your bank then claim that too. I'm only going off of what an accountant has told me in the past.
    I put most if not all my money in the bank ��
    𝒴𝑒𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑔,
    𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅 𝒾𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓌
    𝒶𝓉 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉

Thanks
    Thanked 6,001 Times in 2,122 Posts

People who are on social security don't file and they are receiving stimulus checks. I don't see how this would work for anyone else since the stimulus checks are income-based.
    Now he said it a third time, and Ona drew a deep breath;

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lynn2009 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks

Yes, you have to file to get the check providing you made less than 75 or 100k in 2018.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I could not get through in NY on either phone, computer, or Iphone today. The site kept crashing SMH.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast