Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Is anyone applying for unemployment due to covid-19? Apparently we can....

Thanks
    Thanked 12,964 Times in 3,520 Posts

Default Re: Is anyone applying for unemployment due to covid-19? Apparently we can....

Quote Originally Posted by ava$ View Post
    ^^right, how are there so many people about to be evicted that isn’t right!! Why isn’t the government doing more, this is bs and y are so many people going to have to chose between risking there lives and dying or a small ass paycheck cause they can’t get shit if they don’t go back n work, other countries r so much more together than this
    They extended the eviction moratorium here but it's like ok, we're just kicking the can down the road. It's not like they cancelled the rent. If someone lost their job for 3 months & deferred it, then manages to replace the job, you're still expecting them to pay all their regular bills plus 3 months of back rent + late fees within another few months. That's just not feasible for a lot of people.

Edit: oh and to your point that other countries handled it better: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/devel...b6dc3de7b94546

Senegal and Rwanda did better than us by miles. Senegal. And. Rwanda. Good God.
    Last edited by Selina M; 07-21-2020 at 03:22 PM.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Is anyone applying for unemployment due to covid-19? Apparently we can....

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    Not to mention the millions spent on corporate bailouts.
    That shit really gets to me.

The average citizen has it hammered into them that they need to have 6 months of living expenses saved, that they can't afford to buy a house because of too many lattes or happy hours, essentially that they're poor because of their own bad choices. But sorry, you make "too much" money to qualify for Medicaid, or for your kid to get the Pell Grant for college. Lost your job? Oh, we'll give you a whopping $240 a week for unemployment and make you jump through a hoop every week to get it, proving you're looking for work. That's the extent of the help the American public gets.

An airline has billions in revenue, yet somehow can't even survive the first MONTH of this pandemic, and they get written a massive government check. Who is wagging a finger at them and saying "tsk tsk, should have saved for a rainy day"? Why don't they get told "But your net profit was $200 million last quarter, you made too much money to qualify for any help"?

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 723 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Ugh, this sucks, I see they have a new pending determination under my benefits, which basically says I should be getting 300 per week less than what I’ve been getting and it looks like they already paid me for the whole year so idk I guess that means I can’t get anymore unemployment??? Wtf, there really putting the press down to go back to work even tho I could die and all.. this is BS I feel like Hillary wouldn’t have done us like this

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ava$ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ava$ View Post
    Ugh, this sucks, I see they have a new pending determination under my benefits, which basically says I should be getting 300 per week less than what Iíve been getting and it looks like they already paid me for the whole year
    What do you mean they paid you for the whole year??

Mine got messed up too. Our portal is really badly designed and I think when they finally reviewed mine, the person looked at just my W-2 (so, 1 quarter worth of tipped hourly wages) and didn't open my uploaded documents (so, ignored my Schedule C) and dropped me down to the minimum state amount. It takes forever to even get their phones to put you in the queue & then another 2 hours to get a live person so I'm procrastinating calling to argue about it.

They wanna tell people to go get jobs, how about creating some in the unemployment call centers...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

They determined I earned about 16000 more than what my tax return says so that put my weekly benefits about 300 per week more so according to the new pending determination they would have already paid me for what I was qualified to get until the year is over, under the first determination I should’ve still been able to get 10k through the end of year... I’m not sure if the initial determination came from figures my club gave them cause that wouldn’t include tip out which adds up over a year.. anyways I saw they did pay me this morning and the new determination is pending so I am gonna guess I’m not eligible to get any more $$ I guess I’ll have to wait on the letter I saw all this in my online account, there system is not made for the self employed so I guess that’s part of it, clearly I wouldn’t claim what I tipped out as income I don’t even see it when I go home but I was paid that so it should count, maybe a lawyer could clear it up..

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ava$ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Quote Originally Posted by miss.a.p1600 View Post
    Not to mention the millions spent on corporate bailouts.

The Uber wealthy have not experienced any (or bare minimal) negative financial effects of the pandemic. Theyíre insulated from it all.
    as usual. 🙄🙄🙄

the republican bill(s) weíre set to be introduced today and basically along the lines with what was mentioned above. $200 unemployment boost is crap though imo for those that still have no job and cannot return to work because government mandated closures. Hopefully this will be at least 400 when passed which is more reasonable. Second round of stimulus is nice but that o my goes so far when you have no job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisa7513 View Post
    You can only make so much selling dances, but when you really get into a guys head and heart, you get into his wallet.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Danni For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,724 Times in 4,451 Posts

^ I think it will be $300-$400

13. The Following User Says Thank You to carmen_b For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,247 Times in 1,802 Posts

After they cut PUA I was getting such a low amount. Like I legit made more from the job I worked in high school lol. I checked my account today and got 2 payments of $400+ from unemployment. I know $300 was suppose to going out soon but I haven't heard anyone or seen any posts about it nor have I heard or seen anyone getting more than $300. I feel like this is an account glitch or something lol. Has anyone else gotten gotten similar?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by Blovely View Post
    After they cut PUA I was getting such a low amount. Like I legit made more from the job I worked in high school lol. I checked my account today and got 2 payments of $400+ from unemployment. I know $300 was suppose to going out soon but I haven't heard anyone or seen any posts about it nor have I heard or seen anyone getting more than $300. I feel like this is an account glitch or something lol. Has anyone else gotten gotten similar?
    Some states r doing 400, there r like 3 doing it Kentucky and some others idk, but I got my whole amount this past weekend, 300 per week since august 1 and they stopped at September 5, now there r no more payments and there not even talking seriously about giving us more so u better hold onto whatever u get! Doesnít that suck, I get like 200 per week and now there gonna start making me repay so if they donít come w more on top of unemployment thatís just BS for real, never would I ever need this money if it wasnít for a pandemic..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ava$ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,338 Times in 1,540 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

So would I even qualify for this if I still earn money from texting sites right now or no? Im hearing about so many people reciving back pay in the several thousands lately.

Im afraod of getting in trouble for trying to get it if i am still able to work from home & earn min 500 a week.
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

Curious Guest
    Thanks

What texting sites are you using? How do you get paid?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 410 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    So would I even qualify for this if I still earn money from texting sites right now or no? Im hearing about so many people reciving back pay in the several thousands lately.

Im afraod of getting in trouble for trying to get it if i am still able to work from home & earn min 500 a week.
    Not worth getting into legal trouble over keep promoting yourself and making money online
    Earn $$$ from sexting and phone calls:
    https://www.sextpanther.com/apply?id=3508

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jasmine22 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 410 Posts
    My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by babepiper View Post
    What texting sites are you using? How do you get paid?
    I have a link to mine in my signature or check other work section.
    Earn $$$ from sexting and phone calls:
    https://www.sextpanther.com/apply?id=3508

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789