Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Accountability Support

Thanks
    Thanked 4,600 Times in 1,449 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default Re: Accountability Support

Quote Originally Posted by XwraithbabeX View Post
    Only just discovered this thread and I love this idea so much !! I’ve kinda a difficult context to be dealing with this stuff from ( Content Warning for substance use and eating disorder-y topics ) - I’m usually a fitness fanatic and adore working out , but I’m a recovering addict and have recently been backsliding a bit with substance use . Which has caused me to eat very little , not be motivated to cook etc and what I do eat is junk . I’ve a history of bulimia so striving to change my body is a sensitive issue sometimes . But I really miss how excited to exercise I felt until very recently , and don’t wanna get out of shape or lose all the progress I made with strength training etc . So ye , I’m so happy to have found this conversation , it’s inspired me to sort myself out a bit . Wish all u beautiful people luck with ur efforts ❤️
    Girl, we are right here to motivate each other. I had some issues with food too, I agree, not like you, but I was feeling guilty for anything I'd eat. Then I learned to see the food trough the power it gives to the body, rather that if it's healthy or not. Like "mmm this gives me vitamins, fiber, healthy carbs, lean protein, healthy fats that I need for today". I do indulge myself with junkfood every 10 days or so, every 2-3 days I indulge myself with a slice of cake or an ice cream and I've learned to not feel guilty anymore, because nothing really happens if you just keep your regular healthy eating habits and exercise.
    I also look at the workouts from the healthy side, rather than losing weight.
    For example, now I am more focused to get my body stronger and I celebrate when I can do more push ups, or I can increase the dummbells weights, or I can workout with less breaks, when my back hurts less because I am focusing to strenghten the back and core muscles, so they can support the spine, rather than get rid of back& belly fat.
    Focusing on that and seeing things from this perspective, is so much healthier and beneficial.

Oh and ditch the scale. I have been working out for a month now, I dropped half a size on my clothes (from size M on pants, now I am between size S and M) and the scale shows exactly same weight. Meanwhile, I feel stronger, my resting BPM has dropped, I sleep better, I am more energic, back hurts less.

For the end, I am leaving you with this clip. It might help you more than I do, since she had same issues:
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Today's workout 43 minutes (33 minutes of Upper body strenght cardio+ 10 minutes of abs workout).

I started with the main video, that also has warm up and cool down included.

When the workout was over, I paused before the cooldown, continued with this abs workout, then got back to the video above and did the cool down and stretch.

https://www.fitnessblender.com/video...pain-in-my-abs

How are you doing, girls? Keeping up with it, or being a little lazy? Nothing wrong with it, you can always get back on track, by just pressing play and only trying to do a quick 10-15 minutes workout! Be kind to yourself!
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Thanks so much ! You are just the inspiration I needed this morning -power to ya for focusing on performance and working out to feel great instead of just calorie burn . Also so much yes, fuck scales . My fiancée confiscated mine - I didn’t appreciate the intervention at the time but hey, I don’t miss it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to XwraithbabeX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Today I have celebrated 4 weeks of consistent workouts!
    Except last week, when I had 4 days off, I have been consistent, working out 4-6 days per week for 35- 60 minutes, depending on time, mood and energy.
    My diet wasn't all the way healthy, I did indulge myself a lot, but I have tried to be mindful about my meals, the rest of the time.
    My scale didn't move a bit. Same weight. Not even a pound off, lol.
    But my clothes... well... they fit better. One mega proof I slimmed down, is some pvc bodysuit, from aliexpress, that was kinda asian size and I couldn't put it on me at all. I couldn't get my legs trough it. Well, TODAY, I decided to try it and not only that my legs went trough the holes, I was actually able to zip it and wear it at work. It looks a little tight, my hips are popping massively on sides, but anyway, for me is a win

I took before and after pictures and the difference is visible. Not too much, but it is there.
    With that being said, it starts a new month for me. 4 more weeks of workouts, hoping to bring me more results, so i can compare day 1 with week 8.
    I am giving myself a 15 week time frame, for change. Of course, I am gonna make this forever, but 15 weeks is my mindset, to accomplish some change and form some discipline.

Today's workout:
    37 minutes of HIIT+ ABS workout

I was feeling energic, so I added some extra 10 minutes abs workout. Just paused the main video before the cooldown, did the abs workout then continued with the cool down and stretch: https://www.fitnessblender.com/video...-core-strength

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Today's workout:
    40 minutes of lower body HIIT+ Cardio+ Abs.

Extra credit challenge: 100 rep squats
    10 types of squats x 10 reps each. 10 minutes, pretty effective. I paused the above video before the cooldown, did this one, then came back and finished the cooldown and stretch: https://www.fitnessblender.com/video...utt-and-thighs

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Since I am promoting a different way of viewing the fitness and I am a huge enemy of the scale, I'd say I want to encourage you to celebrate your little fitness victories, known as NON SCALE VICTORY (NSV). Any little accomplishment you managed to get, thorought your fitness journey, that has nothing to do with losing weight.

I am gonna start with my little victories:
    - Today, after more than a month of consistent workouts, I managed to do my first downward dog with all the foot down on the floor.
    I was usually doing it on my tip toes
    - Also, today, I was able to do the surf board get ups, in one go, without struggling (above video, minute 6:00). I managed to do 2 of them correctly, from all the round, so, I am pretty pleased!!
    - My heart rate dropped to 68 Resting BPM, from 75. Pretty cool!

What are your non scale victories?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,947 Times in 1,841 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

I did not Work out on The Weekend but got back into it yesterday. I am doing ama 3 workouts when I changed I got annoyed.It's
    xoxo

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Today I haven't worked out. My body was too tired, so I gave it a break. Just took a 40 min walk in the park and my Fitbit recognised it as a workout and says I burned 230 calories.
    In an average 40-50 min workout I usually burn about 350 calories so... I'll take it!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Yes I did just one small workout today too.
    xoxo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chanzep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I am getting into that mode where my motivation is fading, I am procrastinating and pulling the time, untill I get to workout.
    I know and I recognise this type of moment and it's time to pull the discipline on. This is the moment when I am usually falling off wagon. Where I start to not workout for days or weeks in a row, when I get demotivated.
    Not this time. I dragged my ass and did the workout I was supposed to do yesterday. It was 50 minutes long and I did plan to not push myself hard, just get it done, at my own pace. Luckily, it's just a upper body workout and it's REALLY slow paced, so all was good ))
    So, from now, till I gain back my motivation, I am gonna workout, just to get it done. I won't push myself unless I feel like. I'll just be disciplined.
    It doesn't help the fact that I am leaving 3 days in a vacation, good thing about it, is that one of the days will include a 4 hour easy hike in the mountains. Hopefully I'll be able to jump right back on working out, when I come back.

Anyway. Today's workout:

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Back from the short vacation in the mountains. It has been such a good thing, I am actually debating, very seriously, if I should move in the mountains area.
    Villages are so peaceful and quiet, I only need internet and thankfully, many areas are having high speed internet. My bf is passioned about agriculture and anything that is related to handcraft, doing homemade traditional stuff (wine, liquor, pickles, fruit jam, cheese, etc). I earn pretty well as a camgirl and he could make a living from that.
    I came back to the city, after 3 days of hiking, not turning on the tv, hanging out with my friends, doing yard work in a friend's place( he has a house in that area).
    I came back to stress, agressive news, agressive people on the roads, I was seeing how my stress levels are increasing rapidly.

Anyway, I did do workout this weekend, indirectly: been on a mountain hike, did a lot of yardwork, basically my Fitbit shown about 2500 calories burned daily (as a comparison, I am burning about 1800 calories with daily workouts). I was going to sleep tired af, but, surprisingly, I was waking up at 6 in the morning all fresh and rested. Comparing with how I wake up after a 12 hour camming day...

I skipped the monday workout, because I was tired, so, for tuesday, I have this scheduled:

50 minutes of total body Hiit& Abs. I will take it slowly and do it with low impact modifications, cardio- ish, because I have some back pain.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Ooh sounds nice which mountains?
    I keep falling off on the weekends. I did workout today.
    xoxo

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by chanzep View Post
    Ooh sounds nice which mountains?
    I keep falling off on the weekends. I did workout today.
    Somehwere in the Eastern Europe, where I live, hehe!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Today's workout:
    33 minutes of cardio (I posted the vid before in here, this is the link https://www.fitnessblender.com/video...rdio-equipment)
    + some extra 10 minutes of abs workout:

Going a little easy today. For some reason, I kinda feel exhausted this week.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234