Thread: Nervous about taking the plunge into sex work full time

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Default Nervous about taking the plunge into sex work full time

Hello, I'm kaiti. I was a camgirl back in 2016 and i loved it. I made decent money but had to stop after moving and not having the privacy to keep working. Well i wound up married and having 2 kids between then and now. My husband supports my love of the sex industry and even would help produce content. I'm currently working full time at a normie job and every ounce of me wants to quit and commit to my dream of being a full time content creator/camgirl/possibly stripper. As everyone knows right now we are in the middle of corona so I'm not sure about risking my steady income at the moment but I'm sorta in the medical field and my anxiety is taking a hit every day. I hate coming home and being afraid I'm gonna get my babies sick. I'm a messed up ball of confusion and idk what to do. I'm stuck. Advice? I'm also struggling with my new mom bod but ik there is a customer for everyone and I'm sure ill be alright. Buying a pole with this stimulus check for exercise and shows lol

Thanks
    Thanked 14,161 Times in 4,306 Posts

Default Re: Nervous about taking the plunge into sex work full time

I'd suggest trying camming part time to start. Camming can take a while to build a fan base. 8 years ago I made the mistake of quitting my vanilla job and trying to cam full-time. I thought it would be easy money, like I could just log in whenever I wanted at any random time, make quick cash instantly, and log out. The reality is that it was harder and there were some days I barely made $20. With camming you set your own schedule and if you stick to it consistently that will help you earn more. There are vanilla work from home jobs that you can do and be safe from Coronavirus(check ratracerebellion's website). I am a mom of 2 and I work a full time vanilla job from home while doing cam very part time and occasionally take some phone sex calls. Don't worry about new mom bod. I'm a mama too and my youngest is 3 months old so my body definitely isn't perfect. There's a customer for everyone.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WendiStarr View Post
    I'd suggest trying camming part time to start. Camming can take a while to build a fan base. 8 years ago I made the mistake of quitting my vanilla job and trying to cam full-time. I thought it would be easy money, like I could just log in whenever I wanted at any random time, make quick cash instantly, and log out. The reality is that it was harder and there were some days I barely made $20. With camming you set your own schedule and if you stick to it consistently that will help you earn more. There are vanilla work from home jobs that you can do and be safe from Coronavirus(check ratracerebellion's website). I am a mom of 2 and I work a full time vanilla job from home while doing cam very part time and occasionally take some phone sex calls. Don't worry about new mom bod. I'm a mama too and my youngest is 3 months old so my body definitely isn't perfect. There's a customer for everyone.

I definitely understand that it wont be easy or quick and that i will need a schedule. My biggest issue is that i just dont have the time with the way my work schedule is right now. I already only get 5 or 6 hours of broken sleep so i can't afford to sacrifice more time at night. I want to start out part time but i just cant figure out how to make it work 😩

Thanks
    Thanked 13,749 Times in 4,104 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kaitihaze View Post
    I definitely understand that it wont be easy or quick and that i will need a schedule. My biggest issue is that i just dont have the time with the way my work schedule is right now. I already only get 5 or 6 hours of broken sleep so i can't afford to sacrifice more time at night. I want to start out part time but i just cant figure out how to make it work ��
    I think you'd be better off starting with texting sites. (Its done on your laptop not your phone).
    Easier to work around family since it is quiet (just keep your laptop screen out of view and secured with a separate locked login.

I use Sextpanther and Niteflirt for texting.
    I also sell audio content (mp3s) on Niteflirt. It's a good way to try this out and see how comfortable you are with it without exposing your identity too much should you decide it's not for you.

https://www.sextpanther.com/becomeamodel?id=41635

(that's my referral link for sextpanther) would be glad to answer any questions you have. Theres also a bunch of info on the board here about it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,174 Times in 2,322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    I think you'd be better off starting with texting sites. (Its done on your laptop not your phone).
    Easier to work around family since it is quiet (just keep your laptop screen out of view and secured with a separate locked login.

I use Sextpanther and Niteflirt for texting.
    I also sell audio content (mp3s) on Niteflirt. It's a good way to try this out and see how comfortable you are with it without exposing your identity too much should you decide it's not for you.

https://www.sextpanther.com/becomeamodel?id=41635

(that's my referral link for sextpanther) would be glad to answer any questions you have. Theres also a bunch of info on the board here about it.
    Right, you can also do Phrendly or TTM (sext), those get forwarded to your phone so you can answer them whenever you want to. NF, you can open the browser on your phone and chat through there. I wasn't approved for SexPanther because I don't have a social media presence and I don't think I want to either. With those 3 sites, you can take calls or cam when you have a minute alone or a day off or your kids are at their grandma's or whatever. You should stick with your steady job as you really have NO idea how you will do online. I did well but if you have kids, you can't exactly be camming/PSO all day long like I do. My gfs who are strippers are having the same exact issue. They want to get into PSO/Cam but they can't cause they have kids running around all day and by night they are worn out from homeschooling them and taking care of their own kids. Plus, now is NOT the time to get into stripping. When these clubs open, it will be mayhem. ALl the established shark dancers will be there and the customer pool will be smaller and broker plus you have the risk of contamination and I highly doubt we'll be wearing PPE and these clubs have 0 ventilation and I doubt they have very good sanitary practices.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Sorry for my ignorance but what is PSO? I have zero experience in cam work. I am looking into work from home jobs but don't think I could do cam work, tbh. I think vanilla work from home would suit me at this point. I have a small source of work from home vanilla income but its not enough in current circumstances. Any ideas, ladies? I don't mind something new I would have to study.

Thanks

It's stands for Phone Sex operator. There's a lot of info on it in the camming and other work section. I am doing well with it. Good luck!

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arielbriel View Post
    It's stands for Phone Sex operator. There's a lot of info on it in the camming and other work section. I am doing well with it. Good luck!
    PSO is just using your voice, no visuals, right? Thank you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adelina View Post
    PSO is just using your voice, no visuals, right? Thank you!
    Yes, although you would need to ask how phone only girls are doing cause I make the majority of my money off phone with cam.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adelina View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance but what is PSO? I have zero experience in cam work. I am looking into work from home jobs but don't think I could do cam work, tbh. I think vanilla work from home would suit me at this point. I have a small source of work from home vanilla income but its not enough in current circumstances. Any ideas, ladies? I don't mind something new I would have to study.
    For work from home vanilla gigs, Amazon is hiring. They are paying $17 an hour right now due to the virus pandemic. The sucky part is being bitched at by angry customers all day because their non-essential items are not being shipped fast anymore, even with Prime membership. It's a job though, pays higher than most vanilla work from home jobs out there, and you can work in your PJs and even with kids at home. I know because I do this.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

For work from home vanilla gigs, Amazon is hiring. They are paying $17 an hour right now due to the virus pandemic. The sucky part is being bitched at by angry customers all day because their non-essential items are not being shipped fast anymore, even with Prime membership. It's a job though, pays higher than most vanilla work from home jobs out there, and you can work in your PJs and even with kids at home. I know because I do this.
    Thank you. Is your work 100% remote? I am doing similar type of work, dealing with online customers just getting paid very little. Can you suggest what job titles to look up? I honestly never submitted a resume lol so don't know where to start, all my gigs were found by chance.

Thanks

^ Yes, it is 100% remote. They send you all equipment needed to work(ie. computer, headset, keyboard, mouse). Look up customer service representative.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

^ Yes, it is 100% remote. They send you all equipment needed to work(ie. computer, headset, keyboard, mouse). Look up customer service representative.
    Hi, thanks a lot! I will look it up. I am good with customer service if communication is via email, I get migraines from being on the phone. I am hoping to find some remote online computer work. Thanks again!

Thanks
    Thanked 22,793 Times in 3,835 Posts

You can do videos to get started & do that part time. And your husband can be learning about social media marketing, editing & such. Ya'll can practice filming, editing & getting the content to a decent level of watch ability. By creating content you can do it on your day off or a few hours at night, edit it in your own time and then upload it to numerous sites. Unlike camming which requires many of hours being on cam learning how to hustle & make money.

There is also ASMR vids or more like Audio files you can sell.

No way should you quit you job & just go for it at this time. And getting ahead sometimes means going above & putting in the time to be a success over the hours you work already.

Or you both can go a non-sexual route of creating a youtube channel & building up an audience there & eventually monetize that content.

Spending money on a pole is a mistake. Especially if you think it will help you make money on cam, if you look very few cam performers are doing pole tricks to make money. Camming is about paying attention & engaging with the customers, not about spinning around a pole. Guys will just feel ignored.

No matter what route you take it all requires a lot of time, work, and huge learning curve.
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sam38g View Post
    You can do videos to get started & do that part time. And your husband can be learning about social media marketing, editing & such. Ya'll can practice filming, editing & getting the content to a decent level of watch ability. By creating content you can do it on your day off or a few hours at night, edit it in your own time and then upload it to numerous sites. Unlike camming which requires many of hours being on cam learning how to hustle & make money.

There is also ASMR vids or more like Audio files you can sell.

No way should you quit you job & just go for it at this time. And getting ahead sometimes means going above & putting in the time to be a success over the hours you work already.

Or you both can go a non-sexual route of creating a youtube channel & building up an audience there & eventually monetize that content.

Spending money on a pole is a mistake. Especially if you think it will help you make money on cam, if you look very few cam performers are doing pole tricks to make money. Camming is about paying attention & engaging with the customers, not about spinning around a pole. Guys will just feel ignored.

No matter what route you take it all requires a lot of time, work, and huge learning curve.
    I love you. You’re such a badass!

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post: