Thread: Streamate aggressive identification policies: my rant.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Default Streamate aggressive identification policies: my rant.

I decided to try Streamate, being already a customer on other cam sites, I expected the standard registration but I wasn't prepared to Streamate's absurd ID verification policies. I signed up using my Paypal (where my CC is registered), specifically because I didn't want to input my payment information directly into the site. I always avoid it if I can. Once completed I tried to login to the site and I immediately got locked out. I contacted support and they told me that I needed to provide Photo identification, a signed statement that proves I'm the owner of the credit card used, a photo of me holding a newspaper on a mountain etc. etc. (LOL).
    Needless to say I don't intend to provide any of these documents and they can frankly go to hell with their buggy site and their absurd verifications. I value my privacy far far more than what I care using their site. There are camming sites where you can charge funds using paysafe cards, using your biller account (CCbill for example), using Bitcoins and be completely anonymous.... and you are telling me that just for a free account Streamate requires all those papers? Yeah sure. As I said, they can go to hell.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,620 Times in 632 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

Default Re: Streamate aggressive identification policies: my rant.

That would weird me out too, especially with the data leaks some sites have had. I hope you are enjoying the other sites you are on!
    "Of course you made your bed, but you're allowed to make your bed every day.
    And if you made it wrong the first time, you're allowed to redo it better.
    Nobody should be forced to sleep on scratchy sheets for life just because
    they didn't have any others at a certain time."

Veteran Member
    Thanks

When I opened my account it was a bit annoying, but I’m glad I did. I’m happy working for them and there clients are good paying customers.

I had to have my lawyer write some new paperwork in order to satisfy their requirements.

I think a lot of it so they can cover there ass with all that’s been in the news about sex trafficking. I assume the hoops are to make sure no one questions their legitimacy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moneybags View Post
    When I opened my account it was a bit annoying, but I’m glad I did. I’m happy working for them and there clients are good paying customers.

I had to have my lawyer write some new paperwork in order to satisfy their requirements.

I think a lot of it so they can cover there ass with all that’s been in the news about sex trafficking. I assume the hoops are to make sure no one questions their legitimacy.
    I can understand having high requirements for people who's working on their platform, after all you earn your money through them. But I'm just a regular customer and needing to go through all that paperwork just for opening a regular account made me lose interest in the site instantly.

Thanks
    Thanked 21,368 Times in 5,942 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by dalton85 View Post
    I can understand having high requirements for people who's working on their platform, after all you earn your money through them. But I'm just a regular customer and needing to go through all that paperwork just for opening a regular account made me lose interest in the site instantly.
    You never got a chance to spend any money? You may have been flagged as a fraud account because this doesn't happen to everyone. SM does require different steps for some customers. For example some are required to add money to their SM account before getting a show. For others the money is drawn directly from the bank account whenever they want to spend.

See what happens if you use a different card and skip PayPal all together.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhatGirlDynomite!!! View Post
    You never got a chance to spend any money? You may have been flagged as a fraud account because this doesn't happen to everyone. SM does require different steps for some customers. For example some are required to add money to their SM account before getting a show. For others the money is drawn directly from the bank account whenever they want to spend.

See what happens if you use a different card and skip PayPal all together.
    My account got immediately blocked as soon as I finished my registration, I couldn't log inside not even once. I really don't think the payment method has anything to do with it (but I couldn't change it anyway because my account is locked now), if my account got flagged even before I could spend or even interact with the site once that's even dumber and I'm glad I didn't spend 1 cent on their site.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

In the adult industry sex sells itself. Most companies don’t give a shit about the girls or the customers most of the time. We’re just disposable commodities and men are just walking wallets. SM at least acts like they care about the girls. Most adult companies don’t give a fuck about anyone and everyone. I feel SM is the one of the most humane adult companies I’ve worked for in my career.

I had the same issues as a customer on another site and never figured it out what the deal is? I ended up not going back. It’s hard to stay horny when your card keeps getting declined.

Because it’s money coming and going internationally in an industry that can have some shady people it seems to trigger a lot of unnecessary hassle for everyone.
    Last edited by moneybags; 05-19-2020 at 01:46 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,796 Times in 3,835 Posts

Nice to read that SM makes customers jump through hoops like it does their performers, makes me feel good. For once it feels fair & not sexiest. SM does not pass on chargebacks onto the performers & thus take lots of steps to make sure they are not ripped off too.

It's not like men don't have a long history of ripping off people in the sex industry at every chance they get. They are also making sure you are of legal age & can make such charges. And how do we know that it isn't due to Paypal & their TOS causing all this extra work. At one time they used to be only for the sex industry & once they decided to go mainstream just stopping doing business with adult sites & just kept all the money. So they are shady as fuck too.
    Like when at a strip club or adult store & use a credit/bank card they copy your ID & maybe take a thumb print. But let's not pretend that men don't have a long standing history of doing charge backs to the adult industry. And hence or reason why they charge us twice if not three times as much to do payment processing as a so-called normal business.

Then I'd have to take into account all the extra laws like Fosta/Sesta & how the U.S. Gov wants to shut down all the adult sites. This maybe because of it...
    Video blogs on Camming industry & how to succeed at camming.

Personality is the glitter that sends your little gleam across the footlights and the orchestra pit into that big black space where the audience is. Mae West

11. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,327 Times in 1,280 Posts

Paypal IS shady as fuck now. The horror stories I hear from international small businesses...
    Where Am I? The Beach

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bahuba For This Useful Post: