View Poll Results: Hows work since covid 19 reopening?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Slower

6 40.00%
  • Busier

5 33.33%
  • Same

4 26.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you been back to work since the COVID-19 reopening?

Thanks
    Thanked 23,288 Times in 8,536 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

Default Re: Have you been back to work since the COVID-19 reopening?

Quote Originally Posted by justjeans23 View Post
    Im in Dallas Texas guys. Most of our strip clubs that are licensed as bars are closed. Some of the clubs are technically open as of right now, those classified as restaurants. In the Dallas Texas area, right now this includes Mens Club and Bucks and maybe a couple more but those are the bigger better ones. Im not sure if they are hiring right now, but always good to call and check. Now, my thoughts are this.....the virus is going to keep throwing us blows like this for the rest of this year and even possibly into next year. I honestly feel that we could all see a government shut down again when fall and winter come. We need vaccines to get up and running again, good strong vaccines! Even though some vaccines are currently in phase 3 (almost done), we don't know how long its going to take for these vaccines to get manufactured and produced to meet our needs. Heck, we don't even know which vaccines will work best yet. Im guessing, at best, we MAY get some vaccines by early next year. This means we are going to be dealing with the effects of this virus hitting our world economy hard for a while. You need to prepare for employment outside of this dancing industry, do online work or something else. In my mind, dancing is not worth it at this time but that is for you to decide! Just my two cents! Best of luck to each and every one of us dancers out there!
    In a lot of places it was barely worth it before corona virus.

I believe politicians were going to hit strip clubs now that they got rid of backpage but corona beat to the punch

These times are a true testament that adult entertainers, the wise ones, will diversify their income. As an independent contractor (hell even as an employee) it is never safe to rely on one source of income.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I danced in Dallas last week. The nude clubs were open, no issue

Thanks

I would change my survey answer to “busier” now that I have worked a handful of times. At least on the weekends. The weekdays are about the same or a tad slower. Dancers are knocking down the door trying to get hired because my club is outside the city limits w/ no capacity limitations and bordering state being very strict too.

I think the clubs are being foolish about not having any procedures to help ensure that, at least, the dancers are not infected. One or a few cases will get us shut down or put a dent on business. They should be giving free house for dancers who get tested weekly to try to encourage frequent testing. It’s a good look too.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cede For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,857 Times in 3,498 Posts

Bars & clubs shut down for another month again, womp womp.

I guess my club has given up pretending to be a restaurant as they are just accepting it and closing up.
    "People jack off with the left hand and point with the right."

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave."

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selina M For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Have been doing consistently well in Utah, did a travel trip to Baton Rouge and did very well, and consistently doing well in Arizona.

AZ, of course, is now shut down.
    UT is open and to my knowledge Louisiana is still open as well.
    All of the rules at each club in each state are completley different, as well as managements adherence to the rules....
    Best of luck to everyone and stay safe and healthy.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sexyblondie77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Aaand Colorado bars are going to be shut down again within the next 48 hours. Cases went up slightly, and the state doesn’t want to be the place people from Texas and Arizona flock to. I wonder how the Midwest will react next. I feel like somewhere like Wyoming or Utah will only stop as a last resort.

Tho I have to say, the customers were so especially nice after this recent opening. I hope they are like that again the second time it’s allowed to open back up.
    Last edited by StellaRose; 06-30-2020 at 04:16 PM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to StellaRose For This Useful Post:

Bikini Bottom, USA / Sin City / Hollyweird / OC
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Gosh this is cray.
    Has anyone NOT been back to work since clubs have opened?
    1. My club in Guam still shut down (closed again after 3 days of reopening)
    2. LA STILL hasn't opened up
    3. Was possibly going to Virgin Islands, my friend had a trip planned but the clubs shut back down

It sucks. I'm actually going to just get a cosmetic procedure cuz i figure i won't be working for a while and it's the perfect time.
    But Damn i'm gonna have to get back to work at some point?

What's up w texas? Are they open (Houston / Dallas)? Last i heard Austin shut back down.

At the same time, I'd rather collect unemployment cuz I'm REALLY not trying to get sick. But the $600 is ending soooon.

After I heal from surgery (prolly a 2-3 months), I'm still deciding if i'm going to go back to work. I'd like to say "Maybe i'll get a vanilla job"....But the risk is just as high :/
    𝒴𝑒𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑔,
    𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓅 𝒾𝓉 𝓃𝑜𝓌
    𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒾𝒻 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝐼 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹𝓃'𝓉 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝒽𝑜𝓌
    𝒜𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓈𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓎𝓈𝑒𝓁𝒻 𝐼 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝓀 𝐼 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹,
    𝒶𝓉 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉

Thanks
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 697 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

^if u get unemployment they backdate it so you’ll get it the whole time you didn’t work so it should be a nice check

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Whew! This is awful. I think onlyfans is where it’s at right. Now I could do it anonymously, I totally would (nothing hardcore though).
    Dress to kill the wallet.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Prettyglitter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 697 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

So this week I went to certify for benefits and there asking me to click one of these qualifications for pua, my club has re opened but I’m pregnant so my immune system is down and I could die if I get corona plus there’s a limited amount of people who can be in there so I won’t make the same $$ even close, I’ve not been to my obgyn yet cause she’s been booked but have appointment for tomorrow so we’ll c what they say but apparently I need them to tell me I need to self quarantine due to COVID reasons... like common sense isn’t enough? And where is the button that says “tips will be next to nothing compared to what they were so my job has completely changed”
    Attached Images Attached Images

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ava$ For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,212 Times in 1,326 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

It seems a lot of the dancers haven’t returned, so they’ve been making a push to try getting some of us to come back. I’m kinda on the fence about it. I won’t go back to doing it most weekends as I did before, but I do kinda miss it a little sometimes.
    Life asked Death, “Death, why do people love me but hate you?”

Death responded, “Because you are a beautiful lie… and I am a painful truth”

19. The Following User Says Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

My clubs open as a restaurant we’re allowed to chat and ask for tips. Left with 100 bucks for 6 hours of nonstop socializing.. Average of 16 an hour. Asking very nicely yet aggressively for tips and compensation, explaining thats all we’re allowed to do thanking them in advance for their support and generosity.

Im pretty skilled and comfortable with making conversation, have a killer rack and nice outfits on. Cranked up the flirtations. But the customers seem very put off by tipping for company. Its alot of work and alot of risk for not much money. One week open they’re already struggling to get girls to come in. The guys are there. Its decently busy. Most get visibly annoyed and out of spite hand over a couple dollars. But thats it. Literally, a couple of dollars but will tip the waitress no problem. I mean its been really tough trying to butter them up enough for a decent tip. Got alot of “I’ll def come back to see you once you can give me a dance!”

21. The Following User Says Thank You to msincredible01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ yeah I dealt with that when the clubs opened back up and I had to do the same thing in my area. But the silver lining is that they were being honest. Once dances come back, it’s really likely to be a boom.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring

Yes! The world does not stop!

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Still close. But I always have money saved up. But school was cancelled which is a bummer for me since I want to finish as soon as possible. Several of my gillrlfriends are struggling to make payments.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123