Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would U pay 100. for lipstick??

Thanks
    Thanked 7,068 Times in 2,565 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Default Re: Would U pay 100. for lipstick??

Personally, I would buy an 100 dollar tube of lipstick as treat for myself.
    Wolves may lurk in every guise / Now as then, 'tis simple truth / Sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DonaDiabla For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,327 Times in 9,974 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Arrow Re: Would U pay 100. for lipstick??

Quote Originally Posted by kamiliam View Post
    You can’t request specific samples online, and good luck getting the options you picked from their selection. Pretty sure samples are a thing of the past in store. Sure it can be done by having every product set up in the back, using a new set of gloves and dispensers to put into packages to give you the sample of your choice, but I don’t see a non commission employee doing that. Having open containers of makeup is probably a thing of the past. Sephora realizes that and with all the wasted product they will have from returns will once again claim a hardship and take away rewards from their customers. The samples that you get online are from manufactures and really don’t help their bottom line either. They would prefer to spend that advertising budget on influencers it has a much higher rate of return then samples.
    Right, exactly.

Even before all this covid, I saw sample giveaways dwindling way down.
    Ulta used to send samples w/online orders (in store I'd get perfrum samples).
    All that's done pretty much now, & has been for a while.

Sephore now gives me a limited choice of 2 samples, (used to be 3) most are tiny foundation 1 use things,
    They have beauty offers, by spending 25.00 & up there's various promos to be had, & if you have 100 or more points you can get what ever they have available in their rewards bazaar.
    Life.
    Can't go back & fix what we've done wrong in the past, but it does allow us to live each day better than our last. \

You teach people how to treat you by what you allow, what you stop, and what you reinforce.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Thumbs up Re: Would U pay 100. for lipstick??

Quote Originally Posted by DonaDiabla View Post
    Personally, I would buy an 100 dollar tube of lipstick as treat for myself.
    I LOVE you, DD
    Life.
    Can't go back & fix what we've done wrong in the past, but it does allow us to live each day better than our last. \

You teach people how to treat you by what you allow, what you stop, and what you reinforce.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,893 Times in 1,744 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

I spend quite a bit on mid-higher cost makeup & if i had tried it and knew it was perfect, I'd maybe consider it. but in like '16, I bought 2 lipsticks online from a small indie company which set me back just under $200. They were GORGEOUS on social media and had awesome reviews. Shipping took FOREVER (we're talking over 8 weeks and the company was based like 2 states away from me) and when I finally got it, there was only one lipstick in the package and it was the wrong color. when I contacted the company about their mistake with pictures attached and the order info (they had charged me for both lipsticks but the shipping slip only listed the wrong one), they were extremely rude, dismissive, and refused to make things right by sending me the other lipsticks. I had to contact their payment processor in order to dispute the charge and get my money back! to top it all off, the lipstick they did send in the wrong color seemed old and tbh I wouldn't have spent more than $10 on it (like most drugstore lipsticks are better). So the situation left a really bad taste in my mouth...
    So if i had tried the product, knew the quality was there, and it was an established brand with a good reputation, I *might* consider it. but I would never spend that kind of money on a lipstick without trying it out first and knowing that it would be worth it. Then again, i'm not a huge lip product person.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself..."
    -Oscar Wilde

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caramelcraze For This Useful Post:

Featured Member trustfundkiller's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 938 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

If you love it, you can afford it, and you'll regularly use it, why not? Sephora has a good return policy, so you can always take it back if you don't like it or start to feel guilty about it. I don't have any Louboutin lipsticks but I have plenty of Dior and Yves Saint Laurent. Sure, I can get probably find something just as good for half the price. But wearing the high-end brands makes me feel special, and I love looking at the beautiful lipstick tubes. Sometimes it feels good to treat yourself to something bougie af, even if it's not the most practical decision in the world.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to trustfundkiller For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by trustfundkiller View Post
    If you love it, you can afford it, and you'll regularly use it, why not? Sephora has a good return policy, so you can always take it back if you don't like it or start to feel guilty about it. I don't have any Louboutin lipsticks but I have plenty of Dior and Yves Saint Laurent. Sure, I can get probably find something just as good for half the price. But wearing the high-end brands makes me feel special, and I love looking at the beautiful lipstick tubes. Sometimes it feels good to treat yourself to something bougie af, even if it's not the most practical decision in the world.
    Yes, why not if you can afford and love treat your self well - and make yourself feel good. Great response!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yaya_cash For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

I just ordered KKW lipstick, (a new item on ulta).
    I have & like the mascara.

Thanks!
    Life.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whirlerz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No I would not.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to iwanthugeboobslol For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I personally wouldn't on lipstick, but if it makes you happy and you have no other immediate financial obligations, do it! Value is relative- I've spent $90~ on moisturizers, primers and foundations, simply because my skin is finicky and acne prone. So it's worth it to me to not cheap out on my face, since I'm wearing makeup literally all night at work.

I'd say weigh it like this.... what's making you want to buy it? The color/quality, or the fact it's designer?
    If it leans more towards color or product quality, there's TONS of quality dupes out there for EVERY high end product. Especially lipsticks! I googled "Louboutin lipstick dupes" and tons came up.
    If it's because of the brand, then hell yea. Lol. Treat yourself. Why not!

I disagree on the fact that drugstore makeup is bad.... some are awful, chalk, or make you break out, but don't think for a second high end brands can't be like that, either Did you know Kylie Cosmetics uses the exact same manufacturer as Colourpop for example? And a Colourpop palette is like $10 and Kylie's is $45 lol. Drugstore brands have definitely stepped up their game over the past 10 years because they have to compete with each other.
    90% of my makeup collection is drugstore and affordable brands, if you do some research (online reviews & youtube videos make this easier than ever nowadays) or go to stores with testers etc, you can tell the junk from the quality stuff

Artwork is from my most favorite webcomic ever, Lore Olympus

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neverendingkneebruises For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Crossfingers Re: Would U pay 100. for lipstick??

Right now, I kinda gave up on the 100. lippie..anyway, I do have a tiny mini dupe of it from Sally's, which was also discontinued

There's a another cheap one I have that's a deep (not too) red, it's totally unavailable.
    I just returned 3 different brands of lipstick to Ulta, trying to get this deep (but not too) red color.

1 was the wrong color, the other 2 were that horrible matte formula. I despise matte, it looks & wears bad on me. The KKW was a great color, but matte also

Now, you can't even look at testers (Ulta). I had a lady show w me the actual lipstick, but after I purchased & got it outside, nope. So I brought that back too.

I ordered one from Sephora, we'll see.
    I may go in there, bringing the color I want matched, to see if they can help, but it's probably the same thing, no testers to look at.

So frustrating!
    Life.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,708 Times in 1,497 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by whirlerz View Post
    Right now, I kinda gave up on the 100. lippie..anyway, I do have a tiny mini dupe of it from Sally's, which was also discontinued

There's a another cheap one I have that's a deep (not too) red, it's totally unavailable.
    I just returned 3 different brands of lipstick to Ulta, trying to get this deep (but not too) red color.

1 was the wrong color, the other 2 were that horrible matte formula. I despise matte, it looks & wears bad on me. The KKW was a great color, but matte also

Now, you can't even look at testers (Ulta). I had a lady show w me the actual lipstick, but after I purchased & got it outside, nope. So I brought that back too.

I ordered one from Sephora, we'll see.
    I may go in there, bringing the color I want matched, to see if they can help, but it's probably the same thing, no testers to look at.

So frustrating!
    Yeah, you better go to sephora and see it right there. Something tells me that you'll find your perfect color, among the Sephora or Kat Von D lipsticks ))
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Crossfingers Re: Would U pay 100. for lipstick??

Aw, thanks, 1st world probs lol.

I've scoped out KVD, didn't see anything, but I'm open!

I ordered from Sephora, Ciate London Jessica Rabitt red lipstick, we'll see how that goes
    Life.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 8,379 Posts

I’d get a sugar daddy to pay for it

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miss.a.p1600 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12